Nas - Life Is Good (2012)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
199 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Rate Album
5/5 Illmatic/It Was Written 199 42.07%
4/5 Stillmatic 215 45.45%
3/5 God's Son 37 7.82%
2/5 I Am... 7 1.48%
1/5 Nastradamous 15 3.17%
Voters: 473. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #101
RedStang92 
space
space
$61 | Props total: 0 0
props
 5 years ago '11        #102
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
Good for nas, just lol@ equals on here acting like bi*ches cause others didn't enjoy it as much as them. And muthafuccas thinking they have to rate by the poll which by the way has I am as a 2 lol sheeple I swear yell™
 5 years ago '05        #103
dizzle trizzle 7 heat pts
space
space
$7,127 | Props total: 2628 2628
5/5 sh*t is crazy good

if it was me id replace the swizz beats track, its cool its a nice break up on the cd and pace changer but its not as classy as the other songs
 5 years ago '05        #104
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,299 | Props total: 5485 5485
 deeznutz said:
After being a bit disappointed from nas last 3 albums (untitled, HHID and Street's disciple) I am really feeling this album! Off 3 full listen's I would put it a bit above God's Son and slightly below Stillmatic but this of course could all change with time.

He went in on this album and the production was top notch imo. Great fu*kin album

At this point I don't see how anyone could say Jay is the GOAT or even better than Nas. It's like night and day. And yes I mentioned camel because I knew someone would eventually.

album 4/5 only track I'm not feeling is Summer on Smash. The beat is tolerable but Swizz had to fu*k it all up with his annoying and retarede hook. I swear Swizz has fu*ked up more albums than any producer I know. At least it's better than Braveheart Party but still. fu*k Swizz Cheekz!

The singing on this album was a tad much but for the most part it worked.

Nas bodied this sh*t and got real personal I am gonna have this sh*t on repeat for a long time.
NAS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[pic - click to view]

Jay-Z just doesn't have the level of depth and introspection that Nas has.

Nas is Hip-Hop.

If you ain't feelin the GOAT you are not a real Hip-Hop fan - point blank.
 5 years ago '07        #105
Mr. Moses 
space
space
$4,418 | Props total: 6 6
Hold on

Hold on

HOLD ON

I Am a 2 out of 5?

5 years ago '10        #106
rdrake 28 heat pts28
space
space
$7,321 | Props total: 421 421
Stillmatic was a 5
 5 years ago '12        #107
Just BizNis 63 heat pts63
space
space
$12,912 | Props total: 2045 2045
fu*k everything else. Got it for CHEAP = 5/5

07-18-2012, 02:35 AM         #108
TheMob  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ebcrew said:
Nas used to be a great artist, illmatic is a classic and some of his other cds are pretty good also.

But anything after stillmatic is complete garbage.

I gave this a fair couple listens and kept 0 songs and sent it to the recycling bin it is complete trash and im not just a nas hater.

for real i could never listen to any song on this cd again so it gets a 0/5 from me. TRASH BIN.

f*ggot
 5 years ago '08        #109
senseispab 
space
space
$941 | Props total: 0 0
It's a bit boring if we're being honest, isn't it?
 5 years ago '07        #110
gjray 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,440 | Props total: 1252 1252
......I'm mad that the "I Am" rating is 2/5....."I Am" introduced me to Nas and made me a fan
 5 years ago '06        #111
Sir Mike 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,479 | Props total: 730 730
Standout tracks:
Daughters
Reach Out
Stay
You Wouldn't Understand
Bye Baby
Summer On Smash it grew on me

4.5/5
 5 years ago '05        #112
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,081 | Props total: 4217 4217
"stay" is dope
 5 years ago '11        #113
jackiiexgarciia 
space
space
$1,668 | Props total: 1 1
Anyone have a working link for me ?
 5 years ago '09        #114
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,813 | Props total: 1137 1137
hearing Amy on Cherrywine
 5 years ago '10        #115
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 562 562
I think this album is a very good album and I am a long time Nas fan, BUT I do not see it comparatively being on the "Stillmatic" level. I gave it a 3/5. Solid album and an excellent addition to the catalog but from my view I wouldnt even say it is better than "Untitled".
I dont think this album is close to being on the level of "Stillmatic". I also however dont think he needs another "Stillmatic". The main message of this album for me is that here is a man who has come to terms with who and what he is. He takes us on a journey through his career and portions of his private life, building up to the sense of peace and standard of living he has now. There is no more angst and it shows. Although Nas still conveys great emotion, there isnt a hunger there which is fine given where he is in life and he cant repeat the anger that was there in 2001 which he could direct at Jay Z. I feel the sequencing and pace is slightly off making the album feel a little disjointed. Lyrically Nas gets a bit too wordy in places and I feel because of that the rhymes dont stick in my head as much and therefore not as memorable overall on initial listens. I remember "Stillmatic" being instantly memorable. With all that said though, this to me is still a great album. To put it in context I consider "Stillmatic" Nas career defining album even more so than "Illmatic" or IWW so it sets a high bar for me. This is why this album is more on the level of "Gods Son" for me, which by the way is still a great album.
Overall this album is what Nas needed to produce right now. He may not be hungry anymore but he still show that he can spit, painting pictures, making you think and flossing and bragging with the best of them....and I love the way he basically lays out the album on "No Introduction". "Locomotive" and "Queens Story" are excellent follow ups, the latter especially being one of my fav top 5 tracks so far. The next 2 tracks continue the trend, " with "Worlds an addiction" being the standout track on the album for me. "Summer on Smash" is tolerable but will be removed from my playlist version. The album then goes into a second chapter in a way and I enjoy all the tracks with "You Wouldnt Understand" being one of the songs I think could have been sacrificed. The rest is when Nas really gets into his therapy session especially on "Bye Baby" and "Roses". Again great album, minor flaws and missing just a little cohesion and an impressive concept joint to take it to the next level. My modified version would have put "Trust" on the album right after "Worlds" removing "Summer On Smash" and "You wouldnt understand" and "Where The love". I would also move "The Don" to the last song.

Edit...after a little more time with album now, its still getting better on every listen. Very Good album, would change my vote to 4/5

Last edited by knowlege bass; 07-28-2012 at 08:56 PM..
 07-22-2012, 02:04 PM         #116
brooklynzfinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nice to see him get that xxl rating from the mag...he deserves it...he made an album that was age appropriate and at the end of the day, it has something for everyone...and he ain't compromise the lyrics, flow, delivery...say what u want about w/e subject matter....

Today's generation and the 90s generation got covered...he made sure that era where he was popular in the mid 90s got his signature style and above all, made it personal...untitled may not be appreciated until way later (and it did suffer from lackluster production), but it and Distant relatives were commentary... with this sh*t nas embraces the hate and sh*t talk, instead of ignoring it like he usually does...

powerful last words in the intro...

Reveal my life, you will forgive me
You will love me, hate me, judge me, relate to me
Only a few will, this how it sounds when you too real
They think it's just music still

Well I am a graphic classic song composer
Music notes on sheets
I wrote this piece to get closure
Some of y'all might know Kelis
This goes to her with love
Also goes to y'all, let's see
The craziest things already happened to me
So either you'll be laughing at me or you're laughing with me, ha
still laughing...cuz at the end of the day...if that's all folks got for u and u have no formal education coming from the hood, knowing how lucky you are to have a gift and grind to get to legend level (even if u don't like him, can't deny that),...life is good...

lol, I know I'm ODing...but I only got two more things...for the bs about such and such shouldn't be a bonus track, doesn't matter if it's labeled as bonus...

this ain't the 90s when silent murder went unheard by a lot of folks...all it is this day and age is a marketing ploy...

u chop down the length and get ur material out there, working with the different companies to provide incentives (e.g., buy this on itunes, get this....no...buy it at best buy, get this...)...and they're recorded in the same time period, by the same artist

...the notion of 'bonus' has become quite irrelevant, imo...

This album has gotten better the more spins I've given it...with untitled, the opposite happened...the things production can do...thank u damian marley for letting son in the everyday world of musicians who take the sound super seriously...

Pop culture career resurrection number 2...artistic culture great addition to an already impressive resume...2 decades and 10 albums in...like they said in xxl...who honestly has been doing this long at this high level? Jay, if that's what moves u (fu*ks with jay)...I think of the gunit days now and laugh at n*ggas who swore that style would last...at the end of the day...gimmicks wear off and subject matter gets repetitive...nas and hov are doing what rakim, etc...didn't get a chance to...2 years ago I saw a semi famous back in the day artist taking pics for a living at an event meng--damn near broke my hip hop heart...

nas and hov figured out a way to grow as legends as rock stars do...that's huge in our youth-based hip hop culture...and shows what money can do for your sustainability...people try and clown nas, but in terms of cashing out on a career, he has always been at a level where he can make business ventures and re-up...a lot of artists fu*k up...

haha that was a lot...this platinum kush got me bugging...my apologies...sometimes a super saiyan stan gotta hit the high levels...this album deserves it.....

ONE.

Last edited by brooklynzfinest; 07-22-2012 at 02:09 PM..
 07-24-2012, 06:06 AM         #117
graydome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's no Illmatic or Lost Tapes but it's still a nice album. Lyrically Nas k!lls it. Only track that shouldn't have made it is Summer on Smash... fu*kin dreadful, thankfully the rest of the album is superb. 4/5
 5 years ago '04        #118
Djkommish6 
space
space
$2,973 | Props total: 66 66
ANYONE that DOES not LIKE this ALBUM is made for the Roscoe Dash, Future/ Autotune 2012 Lil Wayne era....All Good Do You son...But THIS LIFE IS GOOD IS MY HIPHOP!!! CLASSIC! 5/5
 5 years ago '10        #119
mixtapelive 271 heat pts271
space
space
space
$3,392 | Props total: 2464 2464
The only reason I can't give it a 5/5 is because of Illmatic, that album was perfection.. but if we were just rating it for albums that came out this year it's 5/5 for sure.

I absolutely love this album tho... that Reach Out track is def my fav as of right now

Nas is a true artist.
 5 years ago '06        #120
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
Whats up with the rating sytem I am -2 God' Son 3.???
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
14 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
48 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy