How to get FREE 2012 Sunday Ticket with DirecTV (Current customers not new sign-ups)

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
169 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
188 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #41
adam1122 2 heat pts
space
space
$985 | Props total: 2 2
 HotBYoungTurk said:
^^ max though?
He didn't say if it was Max or not but he did say he would give me RedZone for free. I already had RedZone with my package though so i don't know if that did anything for me? I've never had the ticket so I'm getting it totally free.
 5 years ago '04        #42
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,720 | Props total: 2018 2018
 adam1122 said:
He didn't say if it was Max or not but he did say he would give me RedZone for free. I already had RedZone with my package though so i don't know if that did anything for me? I've never had the ticket so I'm getting it totally free.
yooo.. did they send u an email? they sent my wife one and all it says is they put a $40 credit on the account, but nothing about the NFL Ticket Max.
 5 years ago '05        #43
adam1122 2 heat pts
space
space
 HotBYoungTurk said:
yooo.. did they send u an email? they sent my wife one and all it says is they put a $40 credit on the account, but nothing about the NFL Ticket Max.
I haven't received an email yet but he did say that I would get a call to confirm. That's some bs my man, I'm hoping they don't try to pull some sh*t like that. I got his employee number though so if he pulls some sh*t I can call him on it. He did seem genuine though. I've worked customer service in the past so I'm confident I can tell sincerity.
 5 years ago '04        #44
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,720 | Props total: 2018 2018
dude sounded sincere.. but if I don't get that email by tomorrow.. i'm calling again.. and asking for it free..
 5 years ago '05        #45
adam1122 2 heat pts
space
space
 HotBYoungTurk said:
dude sounded sincere.. but if I don't get that email by tomorrow.. i'm calling again.. and asking for it free..
I'm right there with you. If I don't get a call by the time I'm off work I will be doing the same sh*t. He was typing notes on the computer as I was on the phone with him. We will see how sincere they are tomorrow I guess.
 5 years ago '08        #46
EddieDaDon 
space
space
$481 | Props total: 11 11
NFL Sunday Ticket Maxx? FOR THE FREE?!?! i will be on the phone w/them in the AM!!
 07-12-2012, 12:34 AM         #47
KrugeR  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good to see everyone on BX getting the come up. Someone is going to post this on Reddit and have a bunch of butthurt nerds mad because they dont know how to negotiate, but I know the BX posse would handle this correctly and get theirs.
 07-12-2012, 12:35 AM         #48
KrugeR  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 adam1122 said:
I called earlier and was on the phone for about an hour total. I talked with the first dude for a while and told him my issues. I didn't want to give everything to him right away so I told him that I love comedy central and my nephew loves Nickelodeon. I just said I know it's out of his hands but, I feel like I'm paying for a service I'm not getting. He just kept giving me the run around so I asked to be escalated. The next guy was saying the same stuff and that typically these issues are 99% resolved. I told him I didn't feel comfortable that they couldn't GUARANTEE the service to be back, but I would rather not cancel if I didn't have to. He then offered to give me like $5 off every bill for the next 6 months. I told him that money wasn't the issue, it was my programming. I then told him that I love the Red Zone and I have Sunday football parties. I said that I would love it if my friends could come over and watch their teams that would be great. I stayed quiet and he told me he would do the Ticket for free. Absolutely easy as cake!
this guy did it right
 5 years ago '08        #49
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,028 | Props total: 5088 5088
Man fu*k y'all I got comcast and no NFL Sunday Ticket
 5 years ago '04        #50
fmills15 
space
space
$1,560 | Props total: 19 19
Good looking for this post. Wasn't interest in the NFL ticket, but I got some good credits out of it. Almost cancelled my sh*t for real after I got told it would be no cancel fee.

Last edited by fmills15; 07-13-2012 at 11:09 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #51
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,987 | Props total: 10656 10656
Anybody who can't get them to give you the Sunday ticket just accept the free movie channels or whatever then call back and say that whoever you talked to offered you the Sunday ticket or free movie channels and you picked the movie channels but after talking to ur wife (or whatever reason you want to say) she'll let you get the ticket...they'll put you on hold and do it
 5 years ago '11        #52
WavyBoyCrockett 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$229 | Props total: 60 60
Just lowered my bill from $135 to $77 and got the free Sunday Ticket w/ Superfan or whatever

Thank You Based BX
 5 years ago '07        #53
eYe_SeE_MoNeY 
space
space
$518 | Props total: 9 9
Just got Sunday Ticket Max for free! Plus $10 off for 3 months and movie channels free for 6 months! thank you BX Gawds
 5 years ago '09        #54
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,823 | Props total: 724 724

[pic - click to view]

LETS GO!

*Called and said I wanted to cancel.
*Spoke to this cool a.ss female, who I built a rapport with telling her "my 4 year old daughter is causing hell in my household since she has no Nick Jr to watch. When I do watch TV I enjoy Comedy Central and MTV; I've been with you guys for a long time and right now this Viacom situation has caused you guys to change your terms of agreement, and right now I feel like im paying all this money for a service I'm not getting." CSR tells me "I totally understand, my 5 year old son is causing hell in my household too; I let him watch Disney in the meantime, does she like Disney Channel?" Me: "She hates Disney with a passion for some reason, idk why?!" (I don't even have kids ), but by building that rapport since Ive worked in CS, I knew I was in the door with her I continued to tell her "I don't want to cancel with you guys because for the most part I enjoy your service, but in the meantime is there anything that can be done to rectify the situation until you guys come to an agreement? because right now I don't feel comfortable that you guys can get it done.." She tells me, "Absolutely."

"How about a $10 credit off your HD service for the next 6 months, in which you will see represented on your next bill?" I reply, "you know that's nice and all, but it's not really about the money, it's really about my programming, and how you guys can't guarantee you can come to an agreement." She says, "so what you need me to do for you?" "

"Well, I love football and have family and friends that come over on Sundays to watch our favorite teams play.." Her: "well how about our NFL Sunday Ticket Package? I'll give you that free for an entire year, PLUS the $10 HD credit a month for 6 months, which you will see credited on your next bill."
[pic - click to view]

Got her employee ID number, name, and time of call.

Me:
[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #55
eYe_SeE_MoNeY 
space
space
$518 | Props total: 9 9
Man I didn't get her number in sh*t but I wrote down when I called...but mine was cool as sh*t too and I got Sunday ticket max with bill credits so I'm straight I just hope it goes through
 5 years ago '08        #56
jtdatruth 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,608 | Props total: 1024 1024
Called in last week and they gave me 1/2 off Sunday ticket maxx, called back today and asked for an update because my niece is a huge Nick JR fan and hasn't been happy that she can't watch it. I was lucky to get another really nice rep who said she was sorry that she really doesn't have any update on the negotiations. I told her that I was beginning to feel like I am paying for channels that I am not getting, but I really enjoy being a DirecTV customer otherwise and would really hate to have to eventually cancel my account.

However for my trouble she offered me the Sunday ticket maxx for free but I politely declined and told her that I was already given half off and was fine with paying that. She didn't want me to disconnect the call empty handed so she asked if it would be okay if she gave me a few months of bill credits to make up for the lost channels. I told her that would be great so she gave me $5 off for 6 months.

We talked about how she's a DirecTV customer as well and was equally disappointed when her channels went black because she likes to watch the MTV channels and has a nephew who is a nickelodeon fan. I told her that I was mostly disappointed in losing Comedy Central because I'm a huge comedy fan and not many other channels offer as much comedic programming.

She said that she's a big comedy fan too and was sorry that I couldn't find any channels to replace Comedy Central. So to help make up for me losing out on my comedy and family (Nick) programming, she asked if I would accept 6 months of free Starz, Showtime, and HBO.

So in total, I have received half off of my Sunday Ticket Maxx, $5 bill credits for 6 months, and 6 months of free Starz, Showtime, and HBO and I never had to ask to be transferred to a supervisor. Just make sure you talk to them politely, explain which channels you are missing the most, and let them know that you would prefer to remain a customer than to cancel your account and the reps will do their best to put together an offer that will be enough to satisfy you and keep you as a customer.
 5 years ago '10        #57
daviddunn 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,782 | Props total: 2 2
Man...I have skins season tickets...so I only need Sunday ticket for 8 weeks (maybe 10, I think there are some night games...)

I can usually get what I want, but I don't really feel like dealing with it...I just got two free receiver upgrades, $10 credit for 12 months, and whole home for free....but my receivers haven't come yet...

I could probably tell them I will cancel my order...just don't have the energy to go into negotiation mode...I just need to figure out if I even want Sunday Ticket...On preview weekend opening day, I still watch the skins, and then watch the Ravens or play Madden during the second game..

You guys have me feel like I am losing out though...I need to stop being so lazy...

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #58
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,100 | Props total: 4110 4110
It pays to be nice. Key line is Its not about the money. sh*t works as long as you're polite. I wonder if they would give NBA league pass for free.
 07-15-2012, 11:33 PM         #59
KrugeR  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Exactly, you have to be very respectful, and make sure the rep knows you dont blame them personally, and the money is not the issue, its about value for what you are willing to pay for. If you get adversarial and confrontational they will basically feel no sympathy and not want to help you.
 07-16-2012, 09:57 AM         #60
KrugeR  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So, I just called them up today and said that I was a "little upset" that the Sunday Ticket 2012 service I agreed to (for free mind you) was not the same level of service I had expected from Sunday Ticket 2011 - that I did not know they split the service into regular Sunday Ticket and Sunday Ticket Max - that I traveled a lot and I was upset that I could not use the mobile service with the Sunday Ticket service they gave me when I agreed to when I made this thread... and that nobody explained this to me. I asked them what the difference was (full well knowing it was an extra 100$/4 months of 25$) - they explained to me briefly that the credit they gave me was for free, and I asked them if there was something I could work out with them to get the same level of Sunday Ticket service I had in 2011 - at first she said no, but then I said I would be willing to pay half of the difference... so after a 3 minute hold they agreed to UPGRADE ME TO SUNDAY TICKET MAX for 14.50$ a month (instead of 25$ a month)! So basically I am getting Sunday ticket max for 58$ now! I renegotiated my renegotiation.

I will tell you guys, it really helps to call the rep by their name that they give you, and to introduce yourself by name, to personalize the interaction. I asked for the Max upgrade for half of the difference and just acted like I was dissappointed that this service split was not explained to me, and if they could please work something out, because it was confusing that they had changed it for this year. They did, and now I got the full service for the cost of one monthly bill.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
204 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy