Kobe thinks 2012 Olympic Team can beat '92 Dream Team

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
64 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
49 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
57 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #61
lato9905 25 heat pts25
space
space
$8,421 | Props total: 2618 2618
 S W A N said:
The only advantage 12 would have is athleticism. Skill wise they are not even close to 92. Physically either. Bron would be real hesitate to drive on Barkley and Ewing knowing an elbow could come in. To get in the lane you paid a price. Its a reason MJ developed that deadly fadeaway. And dont forget Coach Daly was the engineer of he physical defense. I dont know how mentally strong the team is besides Kobe.

Yep! These new boys arent trying to taste their own blood.
 5 years ago '06        #62
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
$20,397 | Props total: 2456 2456
I kinda of don't like the '92 Dream Team roster but if I had to choose to make my starting five it'd be:

PG - John Stockton (His a.ssist game is on point and can knock down shots when needed)
SG - Michael Jordan (I'm not sleeping.. maybe you.. but not me)
SF - Scottie Pippen (Pfft.. if you don't know bout Pippen, k!ll yourself)
PF - Charles Barkley (Aggressive style play and ain't scared to crash the boards)
C - Patrick Ewing (Don't even like that n*gga but his stats are better than David Robinson's)

SDC17 said:
Give me the 92 Dream Team, they blew out teams by 40+ points a game, easily. Chuck Daly never even used one time out the entire tournament, that's insane. 92 Bigs would be the difference, what has the 12 team even done yet? It'd make more sense to say this sh*t after actually winning something.
X bman409
 5 years ago '04        #63
RatedQue 51 heat pts51
space
space
$3,374 | Props total: 1041 1041
Clown need to worry about winning gold this summer with the 2012 squad first before he start talking about the GOATS
 07-11-2012, 06:48 PM         #64
k3llz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FuryStryfe said:
Clown need to worry about winning gold this summer with the 2012 squad first before he start talking about the GOATS
yea it would be silly, if only he wasn't one of the GOATS already smh, disrespectfull n*gga
 5 years ago '10        #65
ineedmusic23 2 heat pts
space
space
$775 | Props total: 152 152
Can't front it would be the greatest game ever to watch tho! fu*k who would win (Dream Team) the game would be super exciting. Every bucket, every play. <----- the whole game
 5 years ago '09        #66
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,515 | Props total: 5705 5705
ppl in here saying aging magic like Magic won't put both CP3, Deron, and Russell in the post
Stockton could contain Cp3, RW, DW
Jordan and Kobe will kind of equal with Jordan with a slight advantage Jordan destroys Harden
Scottie could lock down LBJ, KD, Melo Iggy
Larry Bird was versatile so he could knock down 3s, mid range, and could get a.ssist
Barkley and Malone would bully Blake,K Love
Robinson and Patrick Ewing would outsmart Chandler

92 beats USA by 5-10 points

Last edited by Lupe Hunter; 07-11-2012 at 07:09 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #67
SKePTiC 
space
space
$360 | Props total: 1 1
. o O (Pass dat sh*t Kobe!)
 5 years ago '06        #68
primetimemookie 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,078 | Props total: 98 98
lets not forget bird wasnt in the best condition, he only played in two of the games and was the least contributor out there. therefore lets take him out of this conversation.

magic would dominate cp3, deron, and russell on offense, but those three could just as easily burn magic and stockton on offense too so lets stop kidding around with those match-ups.

drexler and harden are a draw, its drexler but he isnt gonna have anybody shaking in their boots. jordan has an edge on kobe, but neither of them is shutting the other down. jordan also played a facilitator role on this team, he wasnt the highest scorer on the team, but he did average good a.ssists and statistically was the dream teams best defender.

most ludicrous is the nut riding on scottie's defense. he was a great defender, but come on be realistic i seen most of these dudes play a lot and lebron and kd are going to get theirs regardless is pippen is playing d on them or not. melo is the bummest sf on the team because he hurts the offense and cant play d. having iggy on the team gives the 12 team another great defender to guard the wings. scottie gonna get some points but compared to lebron durant and melo it wouldnt be enough.

both barkley and malone are going to muscle down low, barkley was the leading scorer on the team to, which i would expect to remain the same given the fact that blake and love are d'in up. but again, blake griffin isn't going to back down from contact and love is going to space the floor something crazy.

the 92 team has the clear advantage down low at center, its not close. but take that with a grain of salt, on offense they wouldnt use them as much because it takes the ball out of the hands of the best players they have. on defense they theoretically could lock down the paint, but i wouldn't expect that to stop lebron, westbrook, harden, kd, griffin, or iggy from taking it straight to they mouth.

this would be a way tighter match-up than a lot of yall are admitting to. i know its the legends, but that doesnt really hold enough weight in my book to say they would win.

lastly i know yall really dont know sh*t about what you are talking about because no one who has defended the 92 team has even mentioned Chris Mullen yet.

/thread
 5 years ago '11        #69
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,557 | Props total: 9462 9462
 Lupe Hunter said:
ppl in here saying aging magic like Magic won't put both CP3, Deron, and Russell in the post
Stockton could contain Cp3, RW, DW
Jordan and Kobe will kind of equal with Jordan with a slight advantage Jordan destroys Harden
Scottie could lock down LBJ, KD, Melo Iggy
Larry Bird was versatile so he could knock down 3s, mid range, and could get a.ssist
Barkley and Malone would bully Blake,K Love
Robinson and Patrick Ewing would outsmart Chandler

92 beats USA by 5-10 points
 07-11-2012, 07:36 PM         #70
Noleinduval  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
First off '08>>>>'12 Olympic team

See what you new n*ggas to basketball don't get is how soft the nba is now.

Current fouls aren't fouls in those days

That prima donna bullsh*t get no play
 5 years ago '12        #71
Just BizNis 63 heat pts63
space
space
$12,912 | Props total: 2045 2045
 primetimemookie said:
lets not forget bird wasnt in the best condition, he only played in two of the games and was the least contributor out there. therefore lets take him out of this conversation.

magic would dominate cp3, deron, and russell on offense, but those three could just as easily burn magic and stockton on offense too so lets stop kidding around with those match-ups.

drexler and harden are a draw, its drexler but he isnt gonna have anybody shaking in their boots. jordan has an edge on kobe, but neither of them is shutting the other down. jordan also played a facilitator role on this team, he wasnt the highest scorer on the team, but he did average good a.ssists and statistically was the dream teams best defender.

most ludicrous is the nut riding on scottie's defense. he was a great defender, but come on be realistic i seen most of these dudes play a lot and lebron and kd are going to get theirs regardless is pippen is playing d on them or not. melo is the bummest sf on the team because he hurts the offense and cant play d. having iggy on the team gives the 12 team another great defender to guard the wings. scottie gonna get some points but compared to lebron durant and melo it wouldnt be enough.

both barkley and malone are going to muscle down low, barkley was the leading scorer on the team to, which i would expect to remain the same given the fact that blake and love are d'in up. but again, blake griffin isn't going to back down from contact and love is going to space the floor something crazy.

the 92 team has the clear advantage down low at center, its not close. but take that with a grain of salt, on offense they wouldnt use them as much because it takes the ball out of the hands of the best players they have. on defense they theoretically could lock down the paint, but i wouldn't expect that to stop lebron, westbrook, harden, kd, griffin, or iggy from taking it straight to they mouth.

this would be a way tighter match-up than a lot of yall are admitting to. i know its the legends, but that doesnt really hold enough weight in my book to say they would win.

lastly i know yall really dont know sh*t about what you are talking about because no one who has defended the 92 team has even mentioned Chris Mullen yet.

/thread
Stopped reading after that ridiculous nonsense. You saying James Harden is a HOFer???
:lebronc monson:
 07-11-2012, 07:43 PM         #72
SOCIALITE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WasabiTuna said:
Pippen on bron and durant
Jordan on Westbrook, cp3.
So who's gonna guard Kobe?
 5 years ago '09        #74
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,515 | Props total: 5705 5705
 whothebestmc said:
its funny every guard in the 90s gave stockton his props on his defense but BX doesn't
Scottie played D against some of the best in th 80s & 90s and had to play D on MJ every practice so I'm pretty sure he could play D on LBJ and KD. Maybe lockdown was a little out of line but he'll make them work to get their points
besides 96 Dream Team >>>>>>>>>>>>>2012 team
 5 years ago '12        #75
Mister504 
space
space
$84 | Props total: 0 0
 ElMarro10 said:
They wouldnt just because Kevin Love sucks and there was no one as horrible as Kevin Love on the Dream Team.
Just having Kevin Love on their team would already give them a disadvantage
Uh, yeah....Christian Laettner!
 5 years ago '04        #76
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,507 | Props total: 12 12
These 2012 floppin' a.ss n*ggas would get bodied by the Dream Team.
 5 years ago '10        #77
ironhead 44 heat pts44
space
space
$6,887 | Props total: 5777 5777
EA USA Basketball >> NBA Elite (any number)
 5 years ago '06        #78
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,783 | Props total: 2277 2277
92 would get ran off the court. They're too slow and old. Westbrook, Dwill, and CP3 would push the pace and Lebron/Durant would score with ease on whoever guards them. Jordan (29 yr old) and Kobe (33 yr old) cancel each other out. Tyson Chandler can make it difficult for the big Ewing and Robinson to score easily. Blake Griffin would jump over Barkely. Malone and Love would both score on each other cancelling each other out. Bird, Magic, and the centers of the Dream just cant keep up with 2012 team. It'd be even worse for the Dream team if Howard and Wade were on the team.
 5 years ago '12        #79
Mister504 
space
space
$84 | Props total: 0 0
2008 > 1992 > 2012 Believe dat!

The only reason this wasn't a discussion in 08 is because of the poor showing in 04 and that sh*tty 04 team.
 5 years ago '08        #80
JCyclops 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,119 | Props total: 2834 2834
As is, I'd give the 92 team the slightest of edges purely because MJ was in his prime and I'm not betting against a prime MJ against ANYBODY. But, if you throw in injured stars like Rose/Howard/Wade, things get dicey.

It's hard to compare across eras because the 92 team had a ton of size but the athletes of today are ridiculous and the game has evolved so much. I was havin the discussion with one of my boys yesterday that the true center is a dying breed. These kids coming up in the AAU circuit look up to Kobe/Bron/Melo/KD and the popular style of play in the league and don't care about developing post/back to the basket games. We see more point/stretch fours and fives in the league than players that like to bang down low.

Back to the topic, Bron is a freak of nature that didn't exist in the 90s. Who on that team could bother a 6'10 sharp shooter like KD besides Pippen/MJ who would need to guard Bron/Kobe instead.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now