Lord Finesse Sues Mac Miller For $10 Million

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
189 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
127 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #81
Final Boss 184 heat pts184
space
space
$7,122 | Props total: 293 293
mac miller gonna be eating frozen pizza and drinking kool aid for a long a.ss time now
 5 years ago '05        #82
agentspits.com 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,030 | Props total: 746 746
Lord Financially Stressed
 07-11-2012, 03:50 AM         #83
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I do not feel bad for Mac Miller one muthafu*kin' bit.

Lord Finesse >>>> Mac Miller
 5 years ago '10        #84
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,551 | Props total: 195 195
this won't go anywhere.
 5 years ago '04        #85
astrotrain 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,550 | Props total: 247 247
man i love that lord finesse tracks. one of my favourites but isnt mac just showing love for that real hip hop sh*t? rappers do it all the times.
 5 years ago '05        #86
THaXcEpTiOnAL1 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,879 | Props total: 240 240
he won't get 10 mil fu*k that.
 5 years ago '04        #87
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,899 | Props total: 1127 1127
 kiddrocay said:
how can you sue for a mixtape song unless he preformed it live
u pretty much answered your own question

i'm pretty sure mac miller has performed "kool aid & pizza" or whatever about a thousand times

but lawsuits like this usually take 12-24 months to completely be finished, so mac's legal team has time to resolve this.

i see this being settled out of court for a few hundred G's and mac miller giving Lord finesse a percentage of all the revenue from that "kool aid" song.
 5 years ago '04        #88
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,899 | Props total: 1127 1127
 otherside said:
Wayne is respected by most old Heads N most Industry people in General!!! him jumping on someone else's beat will give the original song a Ton of Free Promotion... if it weren't for artists doing that id have no idea some tracks even existed...

the problem here is Mac made a name for himself using some else's track without finesse signing off on it!!! a copywriter doesn't have to go after anyone, its their choice
this.

not too many famous rappers will be sued for releasing mixtapes w/ songs over "instrumentals." lil' wayne or t.i. rappin' over a producer's beat on a mixtape gives that producer even more exposure.

i bet Lord finesse just said to himself, "nobody has hit me up for a beat since mac miller rapped over my sh*t.. f*ck it, i gotta call my lawyers"
 5 years ago '06        #89
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 944 944
 ImInHerMouth said:
So any rapper that ever did a jackin for beats could be sued the sh*t out of right now? Bullsh*t. I remember Deadmau5 was bi*ching at Nick Cannon for rapping over one if his tracks then proceeded to tell Nick that he "didnt know the business". I would lawyer up and take Lord Finesse's project apartment
lol... he stay in my hood... my co-worker is his mans and them
 07-11-2012, 07:37 AM         #90
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Everybody know they always throw some ridiculous number out there and settle for a lot less, of course he's not getting 10 million because if Mac's lawyer sense they could lose 10 million by taking this to court then they'll settle it out of court, and Lord must have a case built because no lawyer would want to lose a case and going to court is just a waste of time and money. So they'll most likely make a deal.

It's just a game of poker, 10 million no way, that's just a bait, but he probably got a better hand than Mac, so I'm sure he ain't gonna bet it all. Time to fold.

Last edited by Sam Rothstein; 07-11-2012 at 07:47 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #91
Bk's Finest 
space
space
space
$923 | Props total: 34 34
F*ck the BS, Lord Finesse was that dude back in the day. But you little homies wouldn't know that. Mac Miller? GTFOH with these wack rappers nowadays.
 5 years ago '04        #92
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,120 | Props total: 229 229
 YungPrinceNY said:
I hope these dudes sue him.

Mac Miller took down the credits a couple days later too. What a bi*ch move.
 5 years ago '12        #93
Carib Breeze 28 heat pts28
space
space
$4,268 | Props total: 11 11
10 MILL
 5 years ago '12        #94
Melle 52 heat pts52
space
space
$3,903 | Props total: 2401 2401
 Magnificent Phoenix said:
I hope these dudes sue him.

Mac Miller took down the credits a couple days later too. What a bi*ch move.
he is an ignorant scumbag!! funny thing is he the only ignorant 1, u dont see any1 else being disrespectful... this kid thinks its a game, im not a hater but his buzz has died n he is never played on HOT97 or Power105.1
 5 years ago '04        #95
bx_tale200 
space
space
$805 | Props total: 0 0
a lot of good points here but at the end of the day Lord Finesse has a very great case and thats being that Lord Finesse did have clearance for the original work, what screws mac Miller up is that he used the lord finesse version and not the original. Had he used the original and flipped it his way then theres nothing Lord Finesse can do, but since he used an already sampled work then he has to deal with Lord Finesse. Now LF is not gonna get 10mil but like stated before this is common legal practice to ask for a ridiculous amount and settle for less.
This has been happening in the music industry for years. The reason artist like wayne don't get sued for using other people beats is because behind closed doors the lawyers and legal team have already done their jobs to get the ok to use the tracks.
A lot of artist put sampled songs on mix tapes and usually end up in deep sh*t once the song gets picked up because they didn't clear the samples. Look at the Lord Tariq and Peter Guns Deja Vu song. Those dudes lost big time because they waited till after the song got huge to get clearance from steely dan so in return Steely dan took 100% of the publishing and that left them with nada. So no matter how many times that song comes on Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz don't see a dime but instead Steely Dan does.
This also happened with Drakes "Best I ever had" but it was dealt with much better behind closed doors.
Theres so many rules to sampling that you literally have to have a lawyer that knows every loophole to keep you from getting sued.
So just remember that if you use someone else's beat and you expect to blow up, its much cheaper to ask for permission beforehand than to deal with it after the fact.
 5 years ago '06        #96
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,024 | Props total: 18792 18792
I'm a huge Lord Finesse fan... but this man is in the wrong here and looking for a check...

he's cheapening himself by doing this...
 5 years ago '04        #97
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
using an instrumental to rap over on a mixtape is not stealing beats......if so then every damn rapper out there need to be sued by somebody.
 5 years ago '05        #98
ghost213 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,520 | Props total: 745 745
So what does this mean, that everybody could be sued for using other peoples beats on there mixtapes? Alot of rappers would be in trouble, I wonder if 50 would still be saying invented the format if that came about?
 5 years ago '04        #99
bx_tale200 
space
space
$805 | Props total: 0 0
So i just got word from my boy that was with Lord Finesse the other day and LF said that he never asked for 10Mil. that it was way lower than a million.
 07-11-2012, 02:21 PM         #100
NeoDaMatrix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the thing about Mac is he never gives credit where its due, thats the case here. he'll get a beat from someone and never give them credit , mac wack as fu*k anyway. sue dude for all he got
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
13 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
13 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Rossí Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
70 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy