Big Boi Says Andre 3000 Prevented Frank Ocean Collab

most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
153 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
182 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '10        #41
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,541 | Props total: 5872 5872
According to their former manager they wanted to take a break from Outkast because they wanted to spend more time with their kids and get into other things (like acting). There was never any beef between them.
 5 years ago '04        #42
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,709 | Props total: 11395 11395
 RubbahBandMayn said:
Damn wtf going on in Stankonia?
i know wtf
 5 years ago '07        #43
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,961 | Props total: 5878 5878
 Ant McQueen said:

[pic - click to view]

As the one gentleman already mentioned. They were hanging out recently. Seven looks like a mini Dre. Yikes!
This pic gives me hope tho!
 5 years ago '04        #44
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
It's sad that even with Frank Ocean coming out, Andre 3k is still the biggest f*ggot in the industry.
 5 years ago '04        #45
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,709 | Props total: 11395 11395
 A.G said:
It's sad that even with Frank Ocean coming out, Andre 3k is still the biggest f*ggot in the industry.

[pic - click to view]

07-11-2012, 11:07 AM         #46
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This seems like a wise business move. Outkast is a MAJOR brand when it comes to music, once you get to a certain level you have to do everything you can to protect the legacy of the brand. Meaning you just can't put "Outkast" on everything just because it's a good look NOW. Outkast has had WAYYYY to much success to make decisions off the "what's hot now". They are two different people so they might not agree all the time on the protection of the brand, but I'm sure both of them understand the importance of it, weather they like the decision or not.

Showing my age a little, but back in High School it was the whole Ruff Ryders Vs. Wu. RR was way more popular in the mainstream, but the WU stayed in their lane and true to their product no matter what mainstream was doing. RR just did what ever was popular, to please the mainstream.

Now all that is left of Ruff Ryders, is Swizz, and your Uncles motorcycle club. WU is STILL a Brand with a aging yet still dedicated fanbase and can go on a world wide tour at will, and have every show still sell out.

...For what it's worth YMCMB has been following the same path RR took, WAYNE = DMX (self explanatory) Nicki = EVE (music career popped for a minute, will probably end up acting, sans Cash Money) Drake = Swizz (smart enough to protect his own brand while the label crumbles around him, has many years of success ahead), The rest of YMCMB = Dragon (self explanatory)

TL;DR PROTECT YOUR BRAND AT ALL COST.

Last edited by 80sbabyent; 07-11-2012 at 11:19 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #47
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,609 | Props total: 1775 1775
So dre running outkast?!
 07-11-2012, 01:37 PM         #48
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cold_young_thug said:
So dre running outkast?!
Kinda has been for a while, he started to take control around ATLiens but it was real noticeable by Aquemini (and by Stankonia it was full blown, i.e. lots of guitar work played by Dre himself, etc.) Before that, it was more Organized Noize controlling them. Big's always been just a straight spitter. IMO a good comparison is Tribe, Tip was always driving the concepts but he had Phife as a spitter lace parts that still gave you that street vibe. That relationship unfortunately deteriorated because Phife wasn't feeling Tip always being in control, so egos clashed. Kast played it smarter and they found common ground. Dre would creatively bring up that gangsta vibe he knew Big liked on songs like, "Return of the G" but at the same time still kept it conceptual making a statement on how destructive the gangsta mentality was, along with people questioning his progression, "Then the question is Big Boi what's up with Andre? Is he in a cult? Is he on drugs? Is he gay? When y'all gon' break up? When y'all gon' wake up? n*gga I'm feelin' better than ever what's wrong with you? You get down! Return of the Gangsta..."

Big always stood by his boy too and supported his maturation and Dre pushed Big to expand his concepts, mentality and got him to rhyme over more unique beats – which as time has attested too – proved profitable. When it sounded weird at the time, it ended up being groundbreaking, which made OutKast what it is today. If you listen to the albums they progressively got more experimental due to Dre pushing boundaries. IMO another factor in them not clashing like Tribe is due to the success OutKast saw due to these boundary pushing moves which sold big because it was just something we've never heard before out of a rap group.

The biggest reason IMO for them not dropping a record again lately is due to Idlewild being their first real miss, financially and critically. No doubt Big would be down to just record and put out another album but I'm willing to think Dre wants to make sure the next Kast album dropped is pushing boundaries like their past efforts (in which Idlewild didn't.) Which of course means we could never see another OutKast album again, and that's okay. I'm a huge Kast stan, but they've already proved themselves and left us with classics to last a lifetime so I wouldn't be mad if they never put out another record. Same goes for Dr. Dre too IMO. They have legacies already, and they're being careful not to tarnish them.
 5 years ago '04        #49
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,427 | Props total: 6458 6458
 240ka said:
people need to stop sleeping on Big Boi. Go get that "Sir Luscious leftfoot, Son of Chico Dusty." That sh*t is a Classic

and go listen to all the Outkast albums
yea that is a good album. i have no worries when it comes to big boi doing music

andre is another story
 07-11-2012, 01:54 PM         #50
cov 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King Henry said:

[pic - click to view]

Can't wait for that remix though
dwight howard gif is clutch
 5 years ago '10        #51
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,284 | Props total: 23794 23794
 King Henry said:

[pic - click to view]

Can't wait for that remix though
that gif
 5 years ago '08        #52
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,662 | Props total: 2235 2235
 Muggz said:
nothing is for sure
nuthin is for certain,
nothing lasts forever
but until they close the curtains, its him and I, Aquemini
 5 years ago '08        #53
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,662 | Props total: 2235 2235
 Got Cheeve? said:
Kinda has been for a while, he started to take control around ATLiens but it was real noticeable by Aquemini (and by Stankonia it was full blown, i.e. lots of guitar work played by Dre himself, etc.) Before that, it was more Organized Noize controlling them. Big's always been just a straight spitter. IMO a good comparison is Tribe, Tip was always driving the concepts but he had Phife as a spitter lace parts that still gave you that street vibe. That relationship unfortunately deteriorated because Phife wasn't feeling Tip always being in control, so egos clashed. Kast played it smarter and they found common ground. Dre would creatively bring up that gangsta vibe he knew Big liked on songs like, "Return of the G" but at the same time still kept it conceptual making a statement on how destructive the gangsta mentality was, along with people questioning his progression, "Then the question is Big Boi what's up with Andre? Is he in a cult? Is he on drugs? Is he gay? When y'all gon' break up? When y'all gon' wake up? n*gga I'm feelin' better than ever what's wrong with you? You get down! Return of the Gangsta..."

Big always stood by his boy too and supported his maturation and Dre pushed Big to expand his concepts, mentality and got him to rhyme over more unique beats – which as time has attested too – proved profitable. When it sounded weird at the time, it ended up being groundbreaking, which made OutKast what it is today. If you listen to the albums they progressively got more experimental due to Dre pushing boundaries. IMO another factor in them not clashing like Tribe is due to the success OutKast saw due to these boundary pushing moves which sold big because it was just something we've never heard before out of a rap group.

The biggest reason IMO for them not dropping a record again lately is due to Idlewild being their first real miss, financially and critically. No doubt Big would be down to just record and put out another album but I'm willing to think Dre wants to make sure the next Kast album dropped is pushing boundaries like their past efforts (in which Idlewild didn't.) Which of course means we could never see another OutKast album again, and that's okay. I'm a huge Kast stan, but they've already proved themselves and left us with classics to last a lifetime so I wouldn't be mad if they never put out another record. Same goes for Dr. Dre too IMO. They have legacies already, and they're being careful not to tarnish them.

[pic - click to view]

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
25 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy