Nas - Life Is Good [Official Album Discussion Thread]

most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
36 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
51 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1181
AmerikanDesi589 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,901 | Props total: 0 0
Summer on Smash is doodoo, but you can't expect more from Swizz Beats garbage a.ss
 5 years ago '04        #1182
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
How fu*kn serious is worlds an addiction?!?!?!?!?!?! Did yall hear my n*gga!!!!!???? sh*t!!!!
 5 years ago '11        #1183
case sensitive 
space
space
$3,607 | Props total: 321 321
 DPGUNIT said:
Aiight. So as an avid Nas fan I can wholeheartedly say that this album ranks #4 in his discography.

illmatic
IWW
Stillmatic
LIG
I am
Gods Son
REGGIN
HHID
Nastradamus
SD

As everyone has stated his hunger is clearly back and his lyrics are still 2nd to none. Only track i cant get with is Summer on Smash. Doesnt fit the album to me. Other than that this man came with it and beasted the fu*k outta this album. On my 4th spin!!!!

4.5/5

Not classic but definitely has more replay value than his previous releases as of late.
man it dawned on me while looking at that list that he has a deep catalog, and as a true nas stan it would probably cause heart attack if i tried to make a real favorites or best list. fu*k that sh*t is crazy.
 5 years ago '12        #1184
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,734 | Props total: 604 604
^^^ look at avi
 5 years ago '09        #1185
YungPrinceNY 474 heat pts474
space
space
space
$6,244 | Props total: 621 621

[video - click to view]

some say hate is confused admiration
 5 years ago '07        #1186
kidbrosweets 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,847 | Props total: 13 13
link anyone?
 5 years ago '09        #1187
Final Boss 184 heat pts184
space
space
$7,130 | Props total: 317 317
 DPGUNIT said:
How fu*kn serious is worlds an addiction?!?!?!?!?!?! Did yall hear my n*gga!!!!!???? sh*t!!!!
thats what im saying bruh, that song is fu*king amazing. nas using concepts that havent been invented yet, if you dont get chills listening to that you arent even human, this song actually brought a tear to my eye no homo
 5 years ago '04        #1188
bmizzle2004 1 heat pts
space
space
$586 | Props total: 38 38
 kidbrosweets said:
link anyone?
 5 years ago '07        #1189
jbwell83 
space
space
$1,685 | Props total: 15 15
Where can i cop the don remix
 5 years ago '07        #1190
J-Calli 
space
space
$404 | Props total: 0 0
 Final Boss said:
thats what im saying bruh, that song is fu*king amazing. nas using concepts that havent been invented yet, if you dont get chills listening to that you arent even human, this song actually brought a tear to my eye no homo
Worlds an addiction is LIGs one mic IMO. The drama of the beat, the drama of the story telling and that feel it gives you ... cinematic.

After well over 10 spins of the album I'm really breaking this album down. Stay is fu*kin amazing and you can feel the concept behind it. That addiction to always go back.

Roses actually goes harder thanbye baby, pure ether.

This album is for all to enjoy but seriously not being patronising but grown n*ggaz will feel it that bit more because of life experiences. He lays it all on the line in this album and to do that he has to be commended. The line "you either laughing at me or laughing with me" sums it up perfectly. n*ggaz say in he took L's for his daughter,getting divorced, loosing P's is all addressed. Its part of life, its how you grow as man.

I can see, in time, this topping stillmatic for me...
 5 years ago '11        #1191
case sensitive 
space
space
$3,607 | Props total: 321 321
album changed my life
 5 years ago '04        #1192
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
$391 | Props total: 0 0
 J-Calli said:
Worlds an addiction is LIGs one mic IMO. The drama of the beat, the drama of the story telling and that feel it gives you ... cinematic.

After well over 10 spins of the album I'm really breaking this album down. Stay is fu*kin amazing and you can feel the concept behind it. That addiction to always go back.

This album is for all to enjoy but seriously not being patronising but grown n*ggaz will feel it that bit more because of life experiences. He lays it all on the line in this album and to do that he has to be commended. The line "you either laughing at me or laughing with me" sums it up perfectly. n*ggaz say in he took L's for his daughter,getting divorced, loosing P's is all addressed. Its part of life, its how you grow as man.

Dead on.
 07-18-2012, 06:13 PM         #1193
keysersoze0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jbwell83 said:
Where can i cop the don remix
I have been wondering the same thing.

07-18-2012, 06:14 PM         #1194
keysersoze0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Roses and World's An Addiction are already all-time Nas Classics
 07-18-2012, 06:15 PM         #1195
keysersoze0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
World's An Addiction might be the best song I've heard in over a decade
 5 years ago '10        #1196
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 563 563
 J-Calli said:

I just got my copy in mail yesterday so I have only had a chance to get through it about 5 times fully through, and gave it the whip test today too......and you pretty much summed ip my feelings so far....maybe other than liking it more than Stillmatic. One thing that was missing for me (and I am nitpicking here) is an all out concept joint like "Rewind" or even "Project Roach". Overall great addition to the catalog, I dont think it is the type of album that will win him new younger fans but it should satisfy his base.

Edit - Getting better on every listen, I like that in an album. Even the weaker tracks have grown on me...even "Summer On Smash" is tolerable mostly because for half the song I am still recovering from "Worlds an Addiction". Personally the biggest compliant I have so far is that song and the sequencing. Gonna make a playlist putting "Trust" in place of "Summer..." and the Don last

Last edited by knowlege bass; 07-19-2012 at 09:03 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #1197
Ron O'Neal 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,315 | Props total: 1258 1258
real talk if you havent downloaded trust and put it with the album you NEED to do that. the song is amazing and makes a beautiful end to the album. ive had it on repeat all day.

im really feeling this album. it seems like everyday i listen to it i have a new favorite song. not to many albums do that for me. this will be in rotation for a while
 5 years ago '09        #1198
jholla2k 
space
space
$828 | Props total: 2 2
Album is fu*kin DOPE!!!!......accidental murderers, worlds an addiction, queens story, no intoduction, Cherry wine is jus beautiful real grown sip wine and smoke a L music... without summer on smash this album would be a classic on dat note NAS WON!!!
 5 years ago '06        #1199
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,229 | Props total: 5035 5035
its funny people got mad when i said i didnt really like it when i still purchased the album

he got my $ so I think I'm able to give my opinion

n*ggas downloading it calling it a classic, go ahead and buy it
 5 years ago '12        #1200
5E8FW 
space
space
space
$7,667 | Props total: 4176 4176
Didn't get around to listening over the weekend, but once I sat down with it, I was blown away. This is a really impressive product. And I really like the 'back nine,' starting with You Wouldn’t Understand. That stretch of music is dope.

The way the album unfolds, makes me want to pop some popcorn. No ID did his thing once again, along with others. I'd just like to see him extend his talents to other vets, elevating them into a more modern sound.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
57 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
255 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
85 comments
1 day ago