Nas - Life Is Good [Official Album Discussion Thread]

most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
95 comments
@games
most viewed right now
 NCAAF Georgia LB Natrez Patrick was arrested for this amount of weed
13 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
37 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 NBA KD is easily the best player in the NBA
19 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1061
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,106 | Props total: 234 234
 Kobane said:
Maaaan, this album is something serious to me. Unlike some people i didnt hear the leak tracks or single b4 the whole thibg leaked so its all fresh to me. Daughters >>>> def dont see the flack this traxk got, remember back in the day when Swizz was on a track just as a producer & you rarely heard a word from him? i miss those days.

That ross verse could've been left out , I do like how the album starts out w/ alot of energy then it cools down, balances it out to me . nasty is back you guys

8.5/10
really WISH i didnt check for the leaks........i figured it would suck so i did....

but wait, i dont like ross at all, but he k!lled it with that verse......
 5 years ago '11        #1062
Kobane 163 heat pts163
space
space
$15,105 | Props total: 2320 2320
 Grown Man Ish said:
really WISH i didnt check for the leaks........i figured it would suck so i did....

but wait, i dont like ross at all, but he k!lled it with that verse......
That verse might have to grow on me
 07-13-2012, 05:22 PM         #1063
BALLONHOES 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think it's pretty dope overall...
 5 years ago '08        #1064
Lmac 
space
space
space
$2,057 | Props total: 445 445
 JAY-H said:
Son said " a caterpillar can't relate to what a eagle envisions".... nas >>> after my 4th straight through listen this a f*cking classic

Yea I caught that line...ridiculous. Nas knows how to say so much with so few words. That small line holds so much weight. He just has a way with words. His use of symbolism and imagery is not something to be overlooked. He's in a class of his own.

Last edited by Lmac; 07-13-2012 at 05:40 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #1065
faygo 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,130 | Props total: 103 103
2nd verse on stay is the best verse this year
 5 years ago '11        #1066
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,818 | Props total: 1220 1220
Made the thread.
 5 years ago '11        #1067
case sensitive 
space
space
$3,607 | Props total: 321 321
I fu*k with Summer On Smash the same way i did We make The World Go Round..i let it ride until the r&b n*gga starts his verse and i skip. I let Mary J's play thru because i trust her, that song is whatever but he k!lls it.

Still dont have a favorite after 6-8 listens.
 5 years ago '04        #1068
deadwrong03 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$4,543 | Props total: 532 532
my favs are Stay, Accident murderer, Bye Baby (might be my absolute fav), Trust, Cherry Wine, Daughters, No Introduction, Worlds An Addiction

the whole album is on fire...i listened to Summers On Smash in my car and i got newfound respect for tht song i like it now u gotta play it in the car with the volume up to appreciate it imo
 5 years ago '04        #1069
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,974 | Props total: 3465 3465
Im listening to the album for the first time right now.

Man that intro beat is wack as fu*k.

EDIT......

Im on track 8

So far,I am kinda let down.Nas is definitely spitting tho.

Its Funny Nas is 1 of a few artists that really knows how to make a classic and what his fans want to hear from him beat wise/lyrically and he chooses not to do it every damn album after Stillmatic.I only want grimey sh*t from Nas.Its like the album is trying to hard to be something but I cant put my finger on it.

I feel these beats don't really fit him.The beats ain't terrible but I feel Nas is trying to progress to much and they aren't the best for him and those who been fans for a long time..Summer on smash ain't that bad for some reason.I usually hate swizz.

Imma see how the album end but this album is in no way touching stillmatic,illmatic,god's son or it was written.

It is the first listen tho.

EDIT...
Stay is Dope as fu*kkkkkkkk

Really feeling this Cherry man.Fu*k this track makes me feel good as fu*k.Im bout to make me a drink and call a bi*ch over.

Man this track to fu*king Dope.My n*gga Nas.

Man cherry is gon be on Repeat for a long time.Classic track man.

Yoooooo this bye Baby is fu*king dope.I couldn't wait til the drums kicked in.

It seems like the 2nd half of the Album is what it is suppose to be IMO.

Man the 2nd half of this Album is Golden.I really wish it would've had the same vibe on the first half.This album is pretty nice tho.Imma definitely keep listening to it but I cant fu*k with the Intro and Reaching out.

Last edited by ddash; 07-13-2012 at 07:57 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #1070
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,735 | Props total: 605 605
Overall this is a pretty descent album only a few tracks I don't like
 5 years ago '09        #1071
ill 800 64 heat pts64
space
space
$9,089 | Props total: 269 269
 El Fuerte said:
why you still in the thread for? its like u cant stand other n*gga's are enjoying the sh*t outta this album

We get it, its not your cup of tea, no1 expected 100% of the population to think the album is a classic, but from the looks of it 99.9% of true hip hop heads all agree that this is what the game needed, so you on the outside looking in when it comes to that demographic bruh
lmao @ true hip hops heads being on this site. the same f*ggots that listen to kid cutter, fake and little lame
 5 years ago '08        #1072
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,902 | Props total: 1700 1700
 ill 800 said:
lmao @ true hip hops heads being on this site. the same f*ggots that listen to kid cutter, fake and little lame
I'm talking bout myself and n*ggas I know, how ima speak for a bunch of anonymous cats on the net, end of the day I don't really give a fu*k about their opinion just like no one gives a fu*k about what you have to say... Keep it moving b you going to hard wit it breh
 5 years ago '09        #1073
ill 800 64 heat pts64
space
space
 El Fuerte said:
I'm talking bout myself and n*ggas I know, how ima speak for a bunch of anonymous cats on the net, end of the day I don't really give a fu*k about their opinion just like no one gives a fu*k about what you have to say... Keep it moving b you going to hard wit it breh
this gay a.ss sh*t been out for a day and there is some kind of consensus on the streets that this is the best sh*t since purple rain? what streets are you on, breh?
 5 years ago '04        #1074
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
$391 | Props total: 0 0
 ill 800 said:
this gay a.ss sh*t been out for a day and there is some kind of consensus on the streets that this is the best sh*t since purple rain? what streets are you on, breh?
The same way it's been out for a day and you can call it the worst thing since Purple Rain. You all must be on the same damn streets, bruh.
 5 years ago '08        #1075
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,902 | Props total: 1700 1700
 ill 800 said:
Streets? Purple rain? The fu*k are you talking about n*gga? Clown

*finds someone with a brain to hold down a discussion with*
 5 years ago '09        #1076
ill 800 64 heat pts64
space
space
 El Fuerte said:
Streets? Purple rain? The fu*k are you talking about n*gga? Clown

*finds someone with a brain to hold down a discussion with*
*finds someone whos over 25 years old to review the album*
 07-13-2012, 08:49 PM         #1077
><>Young'n<>< 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wasn't expecting anything special, just another Nas album, and was happily surprised. The content on this album was what I was expecting on Dreamer/Believer from Com in December, Nas did the No ID beats more justice on here than Com did on No ID's beats on his album.

Solid 9/10 off the first few listens, his best album since Stillmatic (I think it's better than God's Son). There's a consistent and distinct sound to this album which is where Nas has really been struggling on his last few albums, he was all over the place with beats, content and features. This album seems very direct and focused.

Wasn't a big fan of nasty and The Don but they serve their purpose on the album I guess, Daughters is still dope. Love the way Reach Out flipped the sample from that Beanie and Jay track.

EDIT: this is coming from a 20 year old, not all of us are ignorant and caught up in hipster-hop.

Last edited by ><>Young'n<><; 07-13-2012 at 08:54 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #1078
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
$391 | Props total: 0 0
 ill 800 said:
*finds someone whos over 25 years old to review the album*
I'm 26
 5 years ago '10        #1079
PrinceDeville25 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,178 | Props total: 463 463
The Black Bond had me going nuts! the flow, the beat, the rhymes, the delivery! I could picture that whole scene. Damn Salaam Remi flipped the sample crazy

Can't wait to bump the official retail of this album in the ride. sh*t gonna have folks turning heads like "what is that"
 5 years ago '04        #1080
youngmic 407 heat pts407
space
space
$28,406 | Props total: 29611 29611
the song STAY ...damn......finally heard this album...very nice man....great sound...he did it

Last edited by youngmic; 07-14-2012 at 12:06 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
85 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
22 hours ago