OFFICIAL Channel Orange Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
76 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
38 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
134 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-10-2012, 03:31 AM         #321
NeoDaMatrix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 adulel08 said:

Not fu*kin with the Lonnie Breaux Collection tho>>
yup sh*t got me type , i mean i liked half of pyramids.. frank needs to

Last edited by NeoDaMatrix; 07-10-2012 at 03:34 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #322
deadwrong03 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$4,543 | Props total: 532 532
im not gonna lie i downloaded this album just to hate on it but this sh*t is fu*kin flames....i cant believe how good this is. Minus the couple gay tracks sh*t is fire some fresh rnb sh*t

my fav songs are Thinking Bout You, Sierra Leone (fu*kIN FIRE) , Sweet Life, Super Rich Kids, and Pink Matter
 5 years ago '09        #323
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,170 | Props total: 7350 7350
Bad Religion is the best track

at someone saying Lonny collection is better only bx
 5 years ago '11        #324
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,335 | Props total: 8504 8504
 trock34 said:
Bad Religion is the best track

at someone saying Lonny collection is better only bx
haha that sh*t was fu*king trash a bunch of reference tracks Frank ain't even co-sign the sh*t at all

5 years ago '09        #325
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
 PotheadFocker said:
haha that sh*t was fu*king trash a bunch of reference tracks Frank ain't even co-sign the sh*t at all

and Day Away is their ironic when that song is the most homo thing Frank recorded
 07-10-2012, 04:13 AM         #326
NeoDaMatrix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PotheadFocker said:

64 tracks is quite a bit of reference tracks your telling me not 1/6 of those compare to this sub par album that has what.. 2-3 skits? i'm not hating i'm a fan of frank. to each his own i guess

Last edited by NeoDaMatrix; 07-10-2012 at 04:20 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #327
Mikey c 
space
space
$1,225 | Props total: 390 390
Can somebody pm me a link?
 5 years ago '08        #328
Young Buck 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 334 334
I just listened to the album and I ain't feeling it, I never felt Frank Ocean to begin with though.

I believe he could've kept the homo stuff off the album, I respect dudes who are homos3xual but I don't respect them forcing their sh*t down my throat.

I really wish he reworded Forest Gump because I cannot play that sh*t in my car.

But Frank needs to make an official statement about "Bad Religion" since there's a misunderstanding towards Muslims that he's dissing Islam, those dudes don't play when it comes to their religion. I think some have a bigger issue over the use of "Allah Akbar", which is a phrase that's personal towards them and don't respect him using it.

I mean a dude who came out the closet, making a song titled "Bad Religion" that mentions Islam, just isn't a good combination towards a religion that hangs the gays, so he might want to do that official statement ASAP
 5 years ago '04        #329
theHighlife04 
space
space
$402 | Props total: 1 1
This is an amazing album.

It's a shame to see so much ignorance being thrown around here though. You don't relate through "he's" and "she's" on a song when someone is singing, you relate through the emotions. He could of said "he/him" instead of "she/her" on every song and it wouldn't of remotely changed my opinion on this album. We're human, just because Frank Ocean is gay does not mean that you cannot relate to his music because of that. Love, passion, loss, longing, etc, these are all emotions he sings about and just because some of them may be directed at a male means nothing because he's just expressing his emotions and feeling as a human being to another human being. That's all.

Even on Forest Gump, the most blatant song about his s3xuality, at the end of the song he sings...

If this is love, I know it's true
I won't For-get you (you)

Does it matter if that is directed at a male or a female? It shouldn't. If you can relate to the emotion, I don't understand why anything else should matter.

I think the saddest part about what I'm seeing, aside from the sheer ignorance, is the insecurity and desperate need for validity to enjoy this album from other members. I see so many posts from people whom clearly enjoyed the album or whom haven't downloaded it yet but want to that make posts referencing his s3xuality in a joking way but also eluding to wanting to listen to Channel Orange, kind of looking for enough people to tell them "who cares if he's gay, just listen to his album and see what you think!," as if they need the approval from others to make sure it's not "fu*king gay" to listen to it or something along those lines.

I truly believe that those who are brushing this album off because of his s3xuality are either extremely insecure with themselves or very religious and find offense to it (which is a whole other issue). I guess I'll just end with... I don't know if this is a classic album, I really have no clue but I do know that is a nearly flawless album, in my opinion, from start to finish. If I still feel the same way in 6 months, then I can speculate the whole classic thing but for right now, I'm going to continue to enjoy this album and hope that people can look past the bullsh*t and ignorance of society (and in this case, Boxden) and listen to this album from your OWN perspective. If you don't like it, cool, but at least you gave it a shot without a ridiculous bias.

Just my .2 though...
 5 years ago '10        #331
Petty Wap 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,051 | Props total: 315 315
*Edit

Last edited by Petty Wap; 07-10-2012 at 05:38 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #332
itz209 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$344 | Props total: 113 113
 heretic shae said:
son, listen to the lyrics in the song...it could have a double meaning, but he's definitely referring to God...
i think i kinda got the god reference too

when he's talking about unrequited love, he could have meant that he has a love for god, but god doesn't love him back due to his bis3xuality making him an abomination in god's eyes.
 5 years ago '05        #333
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1688 1688
 Kingpin 313 said:
The homos3xual album of the year
Unblocked, and yo, this is funny af
 5 years ago '11        #334
King Henry 548 heat pts548 OP
space
space
$43,970 | Props total: 9957 9957
Lost
 5 years ago '04        #335
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 1573 1573
 itz209 said:
i think i kinda got the god reference too

when he's talking about unrequited love, he could have meant that he has a love for god, but god doesn't love him back due to his bis3xuality making him an abomination in god's eyes.
it is painfully obvious the song's about an argument with the dude he fell in love with to convince him about his feelings..
 5 years ago '09        #336
DrizzyJT 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,912 | Props total: 66 66
white. sound like some jazz type sh*t
 5 years ago '04        #337
R.O.B 26 heat pts26
space
space
space
$650 | Props total: 111 111
Anybody catch that reference in "Thinkin' Bout You"?

"It usually doesn't rain in Southern California, much like Arizona, my eyes don't shed tears, but BOY they pour when i'm Thinkin Bout You...."

then he says

"You know you were my first time....a new feel..."

5 years ago '09        #338
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
 R.O.B said:
Anybody catch that reference in "Thinkin' Bout You"?

"It usually doesn't rain in Southern California, much like Arizona, my eyes don't shed tears, but BOY they pour when i'm Thinkin Bout You...."

then he says

"You know you were my first time....a new feel..."

shocking
 5 years ago '11        #339
space
space
 DrizzyJT said:
white. sound like some jazz type sh*t
Tyler produced it
 5 years ago '11        #340
space
space
 1MikE said:
it is painfully obvious the song's about an argument with the dude he fell in love with to convince him about his feelings..
It's a convo with a taxi driver bruh. That's why in the end you hear him getting out of the car and sh*t.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
151 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
74 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
18 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago