Is Rapper Consequence Kanye West's Ghost Writer?Who wouldve ever thought?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
13 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-09-2012, 12:12 AM         #1
11074 pageviews
42 comments

hollabizak 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Is Rapper Consequence Kanye West's Ghost Writer?Who wouldve ever thought?

[video - click to view]

“It is true I participated in writing with Kanye. You could read it on credits on 808s and Heartbreaks, College Dropout. Every album that he’s had, I’ve been involved from a creative aspect in writing of songs,” Cons said. “Check the credits, I get that publishing. One record that I never got credit for which always stuck out in my mind was that I helped out with some of the rhymes from ‘Champion, The line in question: “We were sorta like Will Smith and his son/ In the movie; I ain’t talkin’ about the rich one.” “That was my brain thought,” Cons said of the rhymes. “I mean, there’s a lot of joints [that were not credited].”
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn so you mean to tell me the n*gga not only wrote choruses but verses?I never knew this,i wonder if Jay-z has a ghost writer?

42 comments for "Is Rapper Consequence Kanye West's Ghost Writer?Who wouldve ever thought?"

07-09-2012, 12:28 AM         #2
hollabizak  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Killa said:
I think he wrote Jesus Walks. Beside that track he ain't write anything

fu*k his bum a.ss tho, he's a f*ggot

Yeezy >

And I heard Jay-Z freestyles everything lol
Rappers that use ghost writers dont deserve to go down as greats imo. Tupac never used them.Not a huge fan,but even Biggie didnt. Static Major wrote one of Wayne's biggest hits "Loli pop"

These rappers today are a fu*king joke.It wouldnt suprise me if Drake wrote a few songs for Wayne's punk a.ss as well.
 5 years ago '06        #3
*MOB*STAR* 44 heat pts44
space
space
$4,460 | Props total: 9 9
Gillie wrote for Wayne, at first I didn't believe it but after all the trash he been dropping I came to the conclussion it's possible.
 5 years ago '11        #4
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Rhymefest and consequence both ghost wrote for kanye

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #5
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
This n*gga said shock g ghostwrote for pac
 5 years ago '11        #6
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Heisenberg said:
Rhymefest wrote Jesus Walks

Rhymefest brought the sample, collabed on the hook, and on the second verse. You think Kanye's egotistical a.ss would let someone write his whole sh*t. They've said countless times how they would sit down and collab on each others work, it's called a brain trust. And if they were credited, it's not ghostwriting. That defeats the whole "ghost" purpose thing right? Now stop bringing this up.
 07-09-2012, 02:22 AM         #7
hollabizak  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Killa said:
dont get mad i know u r a pac stan come on tho i read it somewhere i might be wrong lol
Shock G never wrote for Pac when 2pac was a solo artist nor at the height of his career. Biggie never had a ghost writer,neither does Eminem, 50 cent,Luda,or T.I. n*ggaz that have ghost writers for hiphop should have no legacy in anybody's to 10.
 07-09-2012, 02:48 AM         #8
hollabizak  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Crookz said:
Rhymefest wrote Jesus walks

Con and ye have almost the same delivery. Peep "the good, the bad, the ugly"

Also I know it's hard to believe but big and the rest of the bad boy staff at that time wrote for eachother. There's big tracks written by mase and vice-versa
Do you mean Mase wrote verses for big or just the chorus?
 07-09-2012, 03:00 AM         #9
hollabizak  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Biggie was already on his way out the door," Curry said in an interview. "And I just remember the stories of when Biggie would want money from Puff -- and they would be doing a show and Biggie wouldn't show up to the show until ten minutes before the show and Puff would be like 'Where is he at, where is he at?' and that's where he would be his leverage.

Like, Biggie knew that Puff needed him... If you break it down and look at the situation for what it truly is, Biggie Smalls made Bad Boy. Bad Boy is Biggie Smalls... A person like Mase that come to Puff and wants a record deal, automatically is willing to do anything he's gotta do to have that deal because he automatically -- he asked him for a record deal. So you gotta look at it like, you willing to sell your soul for this sh*t right here." (Gyant Unplugged)

"Even worse, Puff charged the artists for his appearances on their records and in the videos, usually without their realizing it until they received their royalty statements," the first chapter reads. "That's when they discovered that a large sum of their money had gone to fees which were doubled, tripled and even quadrupled because of Puff "special guest appearance. He charged artists, for example, for having his Bentley in their videos -- which he insisted upon -- then took a tax credit for business use of the car." (Dancing With the Devil)

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #10
Jaymalls 58 heat pts58
space
space
$3,932 | Props total: 364 364
 ImInHerMouth said:
Rhymefest brought the sample, collabed on the hook, and on the second verse. You think Kanye's egotistical a.ss would let someone write his whole sh*t. They've said countless times how they would sit down and collab on each others work, it's called a brain trust. And if they were credited, it's not ghostwriting. That defeats the whole "ghost" purpose thing right? Now stop bringing this up.
n*ggas act like most of these dudes out here write their own sh*t??? I personally sold rap beats with multiple hooks on them... That's industry standard now-a-days! Only if these Boxden f*gs actually knew who was writing and producing what.. They wouldn't be spewing so much sh*t out their keyboards all the time!

"If You Can Do It Better Than Me Then You Do It"
 5 years ago '05        #11
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,728 | Props total: 2216 2216
Most of whats said here is true. If n*ggas really think most rap artists write their own sh*t or come up with their own hooks then just stop listening to music. For example, Biggie and Jay-z wrote the entirety of Lil' Kim's Hard Core album, It even say they names right on the cover and the cd itself. she was just the voice to spit all that sh*t. It happens in every genre that other artists write for each other. So yall gonna tell me Will Smith wrote Summertime too?? GTFOH
 07-09-2012, 03:35 AM         #12
hollabizak  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Daddy Black said:
Most of whats said here is true. If n*ggas really think most rap artists write their own sh*t or come up with their own hooks then just stop listening to music. For example, Biggie and Jay-z wrote the entirety of Lil' Kim's Hard Core album, It even say they names right on the cover and the cd itself. she was just the voice to spit all that sh*t. It happens in every genre that other artists write for each other. So yall gonna tell me Will Smith wrote Summertime too?? GTFOH
Great rappers dont need ghost writers,fu*k n*ggaz do. A rapper should never need a writer. 50 cent,Eminem,Nas,2pac,Big Pun,Rakim,T.I,Ludacris never used ghost writers.

Last edited by hollabizak; 07-09-2012 at 03:38 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #13
slapaho 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,301 | Props total: 2497 2497
many "famous" rappers dont write the sh*t they say. been like that since the days of the cold crush bros

not writing your own sh*t is music bizz tradition the avg song isnt written or produced by any of the ppl who say they've done it.
 07-09-2012, 03:51 AM         #14
hollabizak  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1-Who wrote 1/4 of Amil's album?

Jay-z

2-Who ghostwrote Dr. Dre's part in Next Episode?

Snoop

3-Who ghostwrote Lil Bow Wow's songs Bounce with Me & Puppy Love?

Jermaine Dupri

4-Who ghostwrote Cam'ron song Horse & Carrage?

Jadakiss of the Lox

5-Who ghostwrote Jay-z's song Can I get a....?

Ja- Rule

6-Who ghostwrote Dr.Dre's 'still DRE'?

Jay-z

7-Who ghostwrote Puff Daddy's song I'll be Missing You?

Sauce Money

8-Who ghostwrote Foxy Brown's song Hot Spot?

Jay-z

9-Who ghostwrote Charli Baltimore's song Money?

JadaKiss of The Lox

10-Who ghostwrote Dr. Dre's song "The Message"?

Royce the 5'9
 5 years ago '11        #15
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 AuthenticMade said:
The real sad sh*t is the fans care more about whose writing what or whose producing what more than the actual artists and/or labels do. The people putting the music out just want it to be purchased, they could give 2 flying fu*ks how it gets done, just GET IT DONE. The arguments you all sit on here and have about who wrote what or who did what?....These n*ggas could give 2 flying fu*ks

Snoop Dogg once did an interview where he talked about paying young dudes from Cali to write his verses(I think it was during the production of the Blue Carpet Treatment?!)...dude said he could give a fu*k who wrote the verse...just write a hot verse, and generate some income. Consumers/Fans(especially internet n*ggas) worry to much about sh*t that dont concern em...The only thing you should be worried about is whether or not its dope music being played when you press play on your mp3 player/cd player.
That's true but I remember Kendrick Lamar's dumbass teeling Swat that if someone's not writing their own verses, they shouldn't be rapping. He then went on to write for Dre.

Also TI used to write for Bow Wow.

But if you got the look, voice, and charisma but you just can't write, fans would be stupid to think someone won't find a writer for them and use them as a frontman
 5 years ago '10        #16
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1617 1617
Big Sean wrote a lot of Graduation including Good Life....but who cares Yeezy knows how to make music perfect
 5 years ago '10        #17
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,538 | Props total: 5870 5870
 ImInHerMouth said:
You know these dudes on here don't know the difference. If someone is credited they are NOT a ghostwriter. Ghostwriter's receive money and agree to let the artist take credit.

On all of Kanye's albums everyone's names are listed. So I don't where this " ghostwriters " stuff is coming from.
 5 years ago '06        #18
Mr. Future 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,175 | Props total: 1795 1795
 ImInHerMouth said:
... And if they were credited, it's not ghostwriting. That defeats the whole "ghost" purpose thing right? Now stop bringing this up.

Actually, ghost writers DO get credited, they're on the linear notes of the album, and they're not performing it, hence the term "ghost"...not being there but being there performing the song...so yeah...check out dr dre 2001 chronic notes and you'll se jay, even gillie on wayne notes, but it'll be their first initial last name or they're publishing...

i should get paid for this sh*t...
 5 years ago '09        #19
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,146 | Props total: 7303 7303
It's not ghostwriting if your credited

Jeezy has alot of credit for some songs on 808's
 5 years ago '10        #20
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,538 | Props total: 5870 5870
 Mr. Future said:

Actually, ghost writers DO get credited, they're on the linear notes of the album, and they're not performing it, hence the term "ghost"...not being there but being there performing the song...so yeah...check out dr dre 2001 chronic notes and you'll se jay, even gillie on wayne notes, but it'll be their first initial last name or they're publishing...

i should get paid for this sh*t...
No, writers get credited and receive part of the publishing. Ghostwriters get paid but they give up all credit and publishing. They usually have confidentiality agreements.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
59 comments
2 days ago