The Dark Knight Rises SPOILERS discussion thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
189 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
127 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #501
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,564 | Props total: 2393 2393
 Manny05 said:
And the joker would have been perfect as the judge in that court
If Heath was still alive, I think the Joker would've just had a small cameo watching the news from his cell like Bruce was.
 5 years ago '08        #502
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #503
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #504
D-Clutch 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,944 | Props total: 1445 1445
 D-Clutch said:
Oh and am I the only one who thought Marion Cotillard (Talia al Ghul) was annoying as sh*t? I nearly burst out laughing when she died, horrible acting

08-04-2012, 04:38 PM         #505
Francis Schilke  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
robert swensons bane>>>>>>>>>>>>>.the bane from this movie.

Swensons looked a lil scarier too.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #506
!!! 220 heat pts220
space
space
$42,041 | Props total: 33751 33751
 Cooked Brickz said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #507
wwnuts 147 heat pts147
space
space
$5,054 | Props total: 12700 12700

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #508
!!! 220 heat pts220
space
space
 wwnuts said:

[pic - click to view]

What...

death to Joffrey. Hate him.
 5 years ago '04        #509
!!! 220 heat pts220
space
space

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '09        #510
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,897 | Props total: 13996 13996
 !!! said:

[pic - click to view]

He even uses it when he's by himself. When cat woman disappears on him, he says "so that's what that feels like."
 5 years ago '06        #511
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9

[pic - click to view]

!!! said:

[pic - click to view]

circleofpurple said:
He even uses it when he's by himself. When cat woman disappears on him, he says "so that's what that feels like."

maybe something in the costume changes his voice?
 5 years ago '04        #512
subway series 69 heat pts69
space
space
$2,994 | Props total: 1428 1428
when books/tv shows/games/real historic events are adapted into films and people complain that they didn't follow the original source nobody says anything

but when its a comic the argument is the people complaining are nerds fu*k outta here!

if you are going to do something at least get the basics right because certain people have waited a long time to see this come to life and its sad when they fu*k it up
 5 years ago '04        #513
space
space
 AuthenticMade said:
Yeah i always felt like the voice thing was dumb as fu*k. If I were Christian Bale they'd have fired me from bursting into laughter while doing that wack a.ss voice
trick batman into taking a lozenges and his identity would be revealed
 5 years ago '04        #514
space
space
no one is asking for it to be exactly the same but lazy sloppy adaptations are what irk me

they just make sh*t up

or disregard important parts of a character with no explanation
 5 years ago '09        #515
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,072 | Props total: 1813 1813
 AuthenticMade said:
but I feel like this Bane was the worst Bane....even worse than the one from that HORRIBLE Batman vs Robin movie...why? Cause they literally just created sh*t outta thin air that didnt relate to the character/personality/ego/motive/ of the original Bane.

How do you figure? I get that he wasn't as physically imposing as he was in the comics, which I read to this day. But as far as the character, you don't think they honored the comic book bane? Was he not as ruthless and calculating in breaking Batman and Gotham as he was in the graphic novels? Where is the outrageous change in motive or personality? With the voice (and his heritage background), and is build, you have points but I'm not seeing the other stuff. Seems like you might be forcing those issues.
 5 years ago '09        #516
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,072 | Props total: 1813 1813
 AuthenticMade said:
"Forcing" those issues". lmaooooo Nah...No

In the comic books Bane was much more cunning....smarter...more lethal..some would argue what he put batman through in that 3 month crime spree when all the villains of gotham were on the loose was worse than bruce wayne trying to learn how to walk again after getting his back broke.

Bane in the comic books pushed batman/bruce to the point of being exhausted...he started to dread doing his job....where as most of the times bruce got off on being batman.....they halfway captured this in the film when bruce and his c*ckiness made it seem like being batman was his fix......but they forgot to add in banes part in that....bane in the comic books was cunning/smart enough to make bruce wayne dread the batman and the task of being him without actually engaging in battle with him...and when he FINALLY pushed him to dreading the bat, being completely exhausted from being the bat...thats when he broke his back.

Bane in the movie depended upon his physical encounters with batman and others....In fact his ferocity depended on it. You take away the first f!ght he had with batman and you ruin his ferocity...comic book bane the f!ght was just an addition to the strife he had already caused.

Sorry

Coo'.

I understand now that you added some more depth to your gripes . It would have been nice if they could have incorporated a lot of those themes into the story, but with Nolan, I wasn't even expecting all of that. Releasing all of the villains from Arkham (not just regular citizens of Gotham) wouldn't have been a reflection of who he is of a film maker from what we can gather from the first couple of Batman movies.

They scratched the surface, but they didn't go to deep but it wasn't absolutely horrible. At some points, it did seem like maybe he was throwing some scenes in there just for the sole purpose of appealing to the comic book fans to say "hey, i read that & now it's in live action" without really even going further than that but what can you do besides look at it like it's a seperate reality?

They definitely weren't going to follow the storyline page by page. In my mind, TDKR Bane isn't Bane from the comics. He's just an inspiration that was drawn from that. Would it have been better if was an original named victim? Possibly. But then that wouldn't draw all the Batman fans in lol.
 5 years ago '07        #517
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,776 | Props total: 1303 1303
The different arguments about the bane character make for good debate. I think people need more of an open mind when it comes to these various incarnations of characters. In the comics you get a lot more time to go more in-depth than you do with the movie medium. I don't mind the craftsmen of the movies taking creative liberties as long as we still get most of the characters core. With Bane i thought that was achieved enough to my satisfaction. He was intelligent and physically imposing like his comics counterpart which is the best i could hope for.
 5 years ago '04        #518
space
space
 Daville502 said:
The different arguments about the bane character make for good debate. I think people need more of an open mind when it comes to these various incarnations of characters. In the comics you get a lot more time to go more in-depth than you do with the movie medium. I don't mind the craftsmen of the movies taking creative liberties as long as we still get most of the characters core. With Bane i thought that was achieved enough to my satisfaction. He was intelligent and physically imposing like his comics counterpart which is the best i could hope for.
only to be some chicks lackey at the end

and wasted like a regular henchman by cat woman ! REALLY
 5 years ago '06        #519
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 subway series said:
only to be some chicks lackey at the end

and wasted like a regular henchman by cat woman ! REALLY
how was he her lackey? they were more like partners and he was in charge of most of the plan..all she had to do was secure the bomb

i feel like people that say that either didnt understand some of the movie or they're just mindlessly repeating what they've heard other people say

Last edited by coolio; 08-10-2012 at 03:21 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #520
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 coolio said:
how was he her lackey? they were more like partners and he was in charge of most of the plan..all she had to do was secure the bomb

i feel like people that say that either didnt understand some of the movie or they're just mindlessly repeating what they've heard other people say

Those people conveniently leave out the part where Talia said keep him alive, and as soon as she left Bane was going to k!ll Batman anyway. I guess in their world a mindless lackey would do that too.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
14 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
13 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
70 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
45 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy