The Dark Knight Rises SPOILERS discussion thread

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #321
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,909 | Props total: 14030 14030
 luckluck said:
Man I seen this sh*t for the second time because my homeboy wanted to go. I had no plans on seeing it again in theaters. First time I ever saw a movie twice in theaters. So I'm going in feeling brolic, like fu*k this sh*t, I done seen it, I go hard, no surprises for me. However, unlike the first time, I was blowed as the d!ckens. High as sh*t. So at some random point in the movie I think to myself, "This muthafu*ka is dressed as a gotdam muthafu*kin bat cuz!!" and I started laughing uncontrollably. I couldn't stop. n*ggas is lookin at me crazy but I didn't give a fu*k. That n*gga was dressed as a bat and in my inebriated state that was the funniest sh*t to ever happen to me.
I remember my first time smoking weed too.
 5 years ago '09        #322
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,536 | Props total: 3829 3829
i just skipped straight to the bottom of the page as to not spoil anything for myself...
because for some fu*king reason that i can't even fathom, this movie doesn't come out in Jamaica until wednesday

i have to be avoiding the movie section all together
 07-22-2012, 01:49 PM         #323
endless lies  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
Dude gtf out of the thread/section for your own good

Cop a ticket and get it over with
He can't. Jamaica ain't gettin' the film for another 3 days.

That really sucks though, man. I think it's that way for most of the Caribbean, too. I checked and Puerto Rico doesn't have it yet, either.
 5 years ago '10        #324
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,875 | Props total: 20888 20888
 ManWithoutFear! said:
Anyone else feel like that platform Bruce Wayne jumped from had enough room on it for a running start?!

I have no comment on the matter
 5 years ago '10        #325
charliebanks 34 heat pts34
space
space
$354 | Props total: 88 88
watching it again 2nite
 5 years ago '11        #326
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,330 | Props total: 8466 8466
 Special Edd said:
gREAT fu*kING movie son MONEY WELL SPENT
Word up.....

5 years ago '11        #327
space
space
 Legit1 said:
it's just that after he got blasted like a ragdoll by Catwoman he didn't even get a closeup or final words or nothing they just dealt with him like a mercenary extra

it's like after talia came out they just didn't give a fu*k about bane even though he was the films primary antagonist
Was my only complaint about the movie lol, Bats shoulda punched him in the mouth so hard his mask broke and then his head exploded or something, a cannon shot was anti-climactic IMO

But I love this movie still
 5 years ago '11        #328
space
space
 One-O-One said:
But after they got access & the bomb was armed, what was the point of keeping Batman a secret? At that point Batman/Bruce was a non-factor and in prison.

Why didn't Bane just remove all hope from the citizens of Gotham?
 One-O-One said:
I don't think its just a matter of "how he got there so quick?". Its also a matter of "How did he get in Gotham, period...?"

No money
Only one bridge into Gotham & its guarded by the US military and the League.
No planes or boats going in and out of Gotham, or the Nuke blows.

I guess we're gonna chalk it up to "He did some Batman sh*t" ....lol
Someone needs to get a life it seems....
 5 years ago '04        #329
akeem923 22 heat pts22
space
space
$1,376 | Props total: 620 620
Watching it again for 3rd time in TRUE IMAX (Smithsonian in DC). This film gets better and better after each viewing.

The Fire Still Rises.
 5 years ago '04        #330
doro85 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,166 | Props total: 435 435
DAAMN THAT sh*t WAS DOPE... LOVED HOW IT ENDED WITH
[spoiler - click to view]

07-22-2012, 03:24 PM         #331
Twelve  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can't even complain. The movie was great
 5 years ago '04        #332
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 0 0
Just looking for opinions here, but what is it about the ending do you all love so much? Maybe it's me being selfish, but I kinda wanted Bruce to continue as Batman. I know it's just a movie but I can't take Gordon Levitt serious as the dark knight. The last 15 minutes or so kept this movie from being a classic to me. Felt like Nolan just said "fu*k it. Let's just end this sh*t."
 5 years ago '08        #333
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,730 | Props total: 11627 11627
 luckluck said:
Man I seen this sh*t for the second time because my homeboy wanted to go. I had no plans on seeing it again in theaters. First time I ever saw a movie twice in theaters. So I'm going in feeling brolic, like fu*k this sh*t, I done seen it, I go hard, no surprises for me. However, unlike the first time, I was blowed as the d!ckens. High as sh*t. So at some random point in the movie I think to myself, "This muthafu*ka is dressed as a gotdam muthafu*kin bat cuz!!" and I started laughing uncontrollably. I couldn't stop. n*ggas is lookin at me crazy but I didn't give a fu*k. That n*gga was dressed as a bat and in my inebriated state that was the funniest sh*t to ever happen to me.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #334
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
 PotheadFocker said:
Someone needs to get a life it seems....

Can't defend the movie with facts, so you attempt to attack ppl critical of the movie personally...
 5 years ago '10        #335
ecomog 98 heat pts98
space
space
$3,206 | Props total: 395 395
 Grave said:
throwback

Had that n*gga Bane lookin like
 5 years ago '05        #336
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
 iMaGrOWNassMAN! said:
Just looking for opinions here, but what is it about the ending do you all love so much? Maybe it's me being selfish, but I kinda wanted Bruce to continue as Batman. I know it's just a movie but I can't take Gordon Levitt serious as the dark knight. The last 15 minutes or so kept this movie from being a classic to me. Felt like Nolan just said "fu*k it. Let's just end this sh*t."
Cuz its OVER!

This isnt the comic...this is a 3 film series of Nolan's view of batman.

In the Nolan universe(since its supposed to be real)...batman cant be 'forever'. That's why Alfred was pushing for Bruce to let it go. It had already broken him down mentally and physically...it was time to 'let it go'.
 5 years ago '04        #337
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 iMaGrOWNassMAN! said:
It provides closure for the audience, Nolan realistic approach is what allows the audience to see the physical and emotional deterioration of Bruce Wayne after years of carrying the physically and psychologically overwhelming burden of being Batman.

Like any other regular human being, he can't keep doing what's he's been doing forever. One thing about Batman that sets him apart from most super heroes and allows him to captivate an audience on a different scale is his vulnerability due to his lack of super powers. People can relate more, and Nolan has made him even easier to relate to by showing him become "over the hill".

Let's not forget that the movie depicts the role of Batman as a cancer to Bruce Wayne. He's been consumed by it and it has destroyed nearly all of his life. That's the whole point of Nolan utilizing a character like Alfred in the way he does. It's to show the punishment and vulnerability of the man behind the mask so we can acquire a more sympathetic perspective to alleviate some of the "selfishness" of wanting him to continue forever for our own entertainment.

It allows the audience to have closure on so many levels.

- by allowing Bruce to escape the detrimental lifestyle of being Batman
-For Alfred to have peace that he was able to protect Bruce and see him move on to a normal lifestyle of true happiness.
- To show that Gotham will be in okay hands even after Wayne dies which we all know will inevitably come since he's human.
-To give the audience true closure with the ending of the trilogy.

As far as John Blake goes, alot of people complain about his "training". I do admit it initially poses a problem but like Ra's Al Ghoul said : "Training is nothing, it's the will to act". Like the old saying goes : "Where there's a will, there's a way". I'm not a hollywood writer but you could easily create a storyline where John Blake seeks out exceptional combat training from someone or some place in the world in his preparation to put on the mask.
 5 years ago '07        #338
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,386 | Props total: 13040 13040
 One-O-One said:
But after they got access & the bomb was armed, what was the point of keeping Batman a secret? At that point Batman/Bruce was a non-factor and in prison.

Why didn't Bane just remove all hope from the citizens of Gotham?
he didn't want to remove hope. he wanted them to have false hope. he explicitly stated that hope was poison, the same reason he left bruce alive in the pit watching.
 5 years ago '09        #339
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 74 74
Anybody got a link to banes transcribed lines?
 5 years ago '05        #340
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,052 | Props total: 646 646
Just finished watching a second time, missed it the first time in the first f!ght with bane, batman turned off the lights on him and bane still caught his a.ss
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
23 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
49 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
184 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy