The Dark Knight Rises SPOILERS discussion thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
160 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
24 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-21-2012, 03:51 PM         #241
endless lies  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I would've lost my fu*king mind and screamed so loud that I'd be banned from every AMC theater in the world if that lady would've said "You should use your full name..... John-Paul Blake Valley" or something.

Then again I dunno... I think Robin's background being an orphaned cop works great for him.

Azrael needs to remain an insane science experiment created by fanatics.
 5 years ago '08        #242
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23308 23308
 minnesota763 said:
her character was needed, think about the bigger picture and plan. even the beginning scene where the party was being thrown in wayne manor, it was talia's party and giving entrance to selina kyles character to get the prints. her character was to gain waynes trust, which she did and betray him.
Sure but she doesn't add anything other than a twist to the story. Her reveal took away from Bane if anything. He became that same punk a.ss Bane from Batman and Robin that was just the big pus*y whipped guy protecting the woman. They even k!lled him like a right hand man and not the main villain.
 5 years ago '04        #243
DezCaughtIt 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,179 | Props total: 32 32
Robin's name he went by was John Blake seems like it was based on the Tim Drake Robin. Plus Blake / Drake rhyme
 07-21-2012, 04:24 PM         #244
Tattered_Hoody  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
John Blake was an excellent, unconventional Robin the entire movie, even without the name drop at the end.
 5 years ago '04        #245
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,043 | Props total: 4838 4838
The movie was amazing imo.. Only problems I had with the movie is Bane's voice in the opening scene and his death.. Since this bi*ch is Talia, she should've been coming at Catwoman with a sword, both of them going at it while Batman and Bane was beating each other down.

I loved the ending, and for people saying it wasn't great, I gotta ask some of you: How do you end a Batman trilogy correctly? No one has ever done that sh*t before.

Batman and Bane's first brawl - I knew Batman was going to get fu*ked up but god, I just felt sorry for him and was not expecting it to be that one-sided. The way Catwoman set him up was great.

Michael Caine was simply amazing as Alfred. Dude has my throat all hard n sh*t
 5 years ago '04        #246
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
Another thing that puzzled me about Dark Knight Rises was Talia Al Ghul.

Why didn't she reveal herself as part of the League of Shadows as soon as Bane broke Batman and sent him to the Pit....?

The League pretty much had everything wrapped up & in the bag for months.

Why still pose as an innocent Gotham citizen? To fool who? The whole city is blowing up.

So Bats finally comes back and now she wants to reveal herself......????? I mean its a good twist for hollywood surprises, but it makes no sense.

Am i missing something here.....
 5 years ago '05        #247
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 One-O-One said:
Another thing that puzzled me about Dark Knight Rises was Talia Al Ghul.

Why didn't she reveal herself as part of the League of Shadows as soon as Bane broke Batman and sent him to the Pit....?

The League pretty much had everything wrapped up & in the bag for months.

Why still pose as an innocent Gotham citizen? To fool who? The whole city is blowing up.

So Bats finally comes back and now she wants to reveal herself......????? I mean its a good twist for hollywood surprises, but it makes no sense.

Am i missing something here.....
In retrospect, I thought she was the reason why Bane had an inside track on everything.
The reason why as soon as the feds showed up trying to be slick they got bodied.
 5 years ago '04        #248
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
 Bobby's World said:
In retrospect, I thought she was the reason why Bane had an inside track on everything.
The reason why as soon as the feds showed up trying to be slick they got bodied.
....i guess

She was the inside track. Her purpose was to take control of Wayne Enterprises and get the bomb. Bane's objective was to get the scientist, stop Batman & control Gotham. All of those objectives appeared to be completed. So what is she hiding from afterwards?

I guess it was to stay closer to "the Gotham city citizen resistance" like u said..
 5 years ago '04        #249
!!! 220 heat pts220
space
space
$42,041 | Props total: 33749 33749
When Blake was in the cave at the end and ducked down because of the swarm of bats and then rose up the same way Wayne did in Batman Begins was amazing.

Almost had me balling when the platform with the Batsuits and gear came out of the ground with Blake on it with the GOAT Hans Zimmer's score in the background.
 5 years ago '11        #250
j3rz 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,969 | Props total: 834 834
Im glad im not the only one distrurbed by the plotholes and ending
 5 years ago '12        #251
Jake2by4 
space
space
space
$1,023 | Props total: 12 12
 RocawearMan said:
Robin's name he went by was John Blake seems like it was based on the Tim Drake Robin. Plus Blake / Drake rhyme
John Blake is a nod to Jean paul Valley took before he took the mentle of batman in Knightfall
 5 years ago '10        #252
itz209 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$344 | Props total: 113 113
 RocawearMan said:
i think john blake is a nod to all the robins, it seems like nolan took pieces from each robin and put them in blakes character, for example

all of them sharing deaths of their parent(s)
blake deducing that bruce was batman, just like tim drake.
blake being an orphan just like jason todd

(still trying to remember if there was a nod to d!ck, maybe the rope swinging at the end as a nod to his acrobatics?lol)
 5 years ago '05        #253
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 One-O-One said:
....i guess

She was the inside track. Her purpose was to take control of Wayne Enterprises and get the bomb. Bane's objective was to get the scientist, stop Batman & control Gotham. All of those objectives appeared to be completed. So what is she hiding from afterwards?

I guess it was to stay closer to "the Gotham city citizen resistance" like u said..
Talia was the random citizen Bane referred to that was holding the key or detonator right?
That's why when Batman got the drop on Bane finally he was yelling where is, who has it?
 07-21-2012, 06:13 PM         #254
Tattered_Hoody  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 itz209 said:
i think john blake is a nod to all the robins, it seems like nolan took pieces from each robin and put them in blakes character, for example

(still trying to remember if there was a nod to d!ck, maybe the rope swinging at the end as a nod to his acrobatics?lol)
You nailed it, sir.
 5 years ago '04        #255
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
 Bobby's World said:
Talia was the random citizen Bane referred to that was holding the key or detonator right?
That's why when Batman got the drop on Bane finally he was yelling where is, who has it?
Yea. I guess u can a.ssume she was the fail-safe if anything happened to Bane, even though everything was a go as soon as Batman was out the picture, the police were trapped underground, Gotham was locked down, and the bomb was armed.

still seems weird.
 5 years ago '10        #256
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,831 | Props total: 20698 20698
Just saw it a second time yup it has an Inception vibe lol. I say that as far as things being much more clearer the second watch. And I feel more impressed by the complexity of the plot & "answer it for yourself" way of thinking Nolan placed in this film.

Also it is very obvious now that Batman is alive as well as John Robin Blake maybe not being Robin but the new Batman. Who knows though...
 07-21-2012, 06:41 PM         #257
Tattered_Hoody  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Just saw it a second time yup it has an Inception vibe lol. I say that as far as things being much more clearer the second watch. And I feel more impressed by the complexity of the plot & "answer it for yourself" way of thinking Nolan placed in this film.

Also it is very obvious now that Batman is alive as well as John Robin Blake maybe not being Robin but the new Batman. Who knows though...
he was Robin the whole movie, just not the way people are used to.

he knew who batman was
he was an orphan whose parents died
he became a detective
he's small
batman told him to "wear a mask" next time
 5 years ago '07        #258
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,776 | Props total: 1303 1303
 itz209 said:

Well d!ck grayson is the only former robin to actually become a cop. He was on the bludhaven police force for awhile in the comics.
 5 years ago '09        #259
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,897 | Props total: 13995 13995
when the fu*k is a cam version gonna be in the jukebox? i never watch cams, but the one time i actually want one, its taking forever. usually them sh*ts are up within the first day. i need this in my life.
 5 years ago '10        #260
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,831 | Props total: 20698 20698
 Tattered_Hoody said:
he was Robin the whole movie, just not the way people are used to.

he knew who batman was
he was an orphan whose parents died
he became a detective
he's small
batman told him to "wear a mask" next time
But if you do remember, Bruce said anyone could be Batman, it's a symbol which despite all what you said being true there is a slight possibility Blake could be Batman.................but then again there where Robin Birds in the film soooooo
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
7 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
54 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy