The Dark Knight Rises SPOILERS discussion thread

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #221
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
space
$92,519 | Props total: 70175 70175
 One-O-One said:
I think you misread what i said. I have no problem with what Nolan did with Detective Blake UNTIL the end where his REAL NAME was revealed. I feel like the surprise was dumb down for the general audience. The writers must have felt that if they used d!ck Grayson, only comicbook heads would know who that really was... ..but if they used Robin, everybody would get it.

Its a small nitpick, but I feel it knocked some of the punch off the scene.

But when the dust settles, I think ppl should be able to connect the dots here. Like "who made this atomic bomb? Where did the terrorists get these tumblers? Doesn't Batman drive one of those?"
lol does it matter if they "dumbed down" to you. my girl spotted him and called his a.ss robin since blake said he knew wayne is batman.

I understand your point but the pop wouldnt have been that big at the end if not for discovering he was robin.
 5 years ago '07        #222
Ole-G 347 heat pts347
space
space
$10,235 | Props total: 13 13

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '09        #223
minnesota763 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,752 | Props total: 8 8
 Arson said:
Talia's death speech was TERRIBLE for 2 reasons. 1: the chick that played her did a pretty bad job of acting. Especially that rookie a.ss death face she put on. I laughed at that sh*t.. 2: because catwoman, Batman, and Gordan are just standing there listening at full attention to this chick ramble while there's a fu*king nuke ticking away.

Nolan should have have left her out completely. She's none essential to the plot until the twist that also happens to undermine the guy we're meant to have this fear of for the past 2 hours.
her character was needed, think about the bigger picture and plan. even the beginning scene where the party was being thrown in wayne manor, it was talia's party and giving entrance to selina kyles character to get the prints. her character was to gain waynes trust, which she did and betray him.
 5 years ago '07        #224
Ole-G 347 heat pts347
space
space
 Michael 1987 said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #225
Ole-G 347 heat pts347
space
space

[video - click to view]

fuk ...that scene gave me massive chills
 5 years ago '05        #226
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 Maroon_Tiger said:
meh, i liked the "not as bad as yoouurrrrrs(mistake)", the "intiated" and "the darkness" quotes during that f!ght
"You think the darkness is going to help you?"
 5 years ago '07        #227
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
space
$92,519 | Props total: 70175 70175
I loved that scene when the barrier came down and bane was chillin on the walkway and when batman turned and seen him then that.staredown before they brawled. that sh*t got me hype O.D. quick.
 5 years ago '07        #228
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 1309 1309
Saw it again today. Went to a different theatre and noticed a big difference in sound quality. Bane was a lot clearer.
 5 years ago '09        #229
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,170 | Props total: 7351 7351
about to see it
 5 years ago '04        #230
akeem923 22 heat pts22
space
space
$1,376 | Props total: 621 621
 Maroon_Tiger said:
meh, i liked the "not as bad as yoouurrrrrs(mistake)", the "intiated" and "the darkness" quotes during that f!ght

YOOOOO!!! the "theatricality and deception are powerful agents...." line was too tough. the ode to Ras Al Ghul! I was geeking like ish!!!!
 5 years ago '04        #231
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
 Bkjj11 said:
lol does it matter if they "dumbed down" to you. my girl spotted him and called his a.ss robin since blake said he knew wayne is batman.

I understand your point but the pop wouldnt have been that big at the end if not for discovering he was robin.
As a fan of the Batman comics, movies and mythology...It matters to me, not a lot, but it matters.

I knew Blake was Robin also as soon as Blake admitted he was an orphan b/c that was an obvious nod to Jason Todd's Robin in the comics.

Yea it wouldn't have been as big at the end if not for discovering Blake was Robin. I wanted the reveal just as much as everybody else.

But his real name being "Robin" is kinda wack. My small beef is, why not use d!ck Grayson or any of the other Robin's government names..?
 5 years ago '05        #232
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
 One-O-One said:

But his real name being "Robin" is kinda wack. My small beef is, why not use d!ck Grayson or any of the other Robin's government names..?
Because a very small percentage of the people going to see this movie would realize d!ck Grayson is Robin. 90 percent of the people going to see this movie never read the comics.
 5 years ago '04        #233
akeem923 22 heat pts22
space
space
$1,376 | Props total: 621 621
 Michael 1987 said:
The answer is simple an it came from when Ra's Al Ghul said this to Bruce in the Batman Begins movie....""The training is nothing, the will is everything. The will to act."
EXACTLY!!!!!

overall, what did you think, fam? I thought it was a BANGER!!!
 5 years ago '05        #234
space
space
 Arson said:
Talia's death speech was TERRIBLE for 2 reasons. 1: the chick that played her did a pretty bad job of acting. Especially that rookie a.ss death face she put on. I laughed at that sh*t.. 2: because catwoman, Batman, and Gordan are just standing there listening at full attention to this chick ramble while there's a fu*king nuke ticking away.

Nolan should have have left her out completely. She's none essential to the plot until the twist that also happens to undermine the guy we're meant to have this fear of for the past 2 hours.
Yeah, Talia was just a horrible inclusion in the movie. That death was PATHETIC, how she just closed her eyes and leaned to the left a little . And like you said, the fact that you throw her in in the end makes Bane seem much less important then we were lead to believe, which takes away from the character on future watch through's.
 5 years ago '05        #235
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
but she was s3xy... and she was a great plot twist
sh*tty plot twist imo
 5 years ago '10        #236
ecomog 98 heat pts98
space
space
$3,206 | Props total: 395 395
Bane giving 0 fu*ks the entire movie =

Alfred makin a n*gga tear up multiple times =

Bane basically telling Batman "you ain't sh*t", then breaking his back =

Talia reveal =

Robin reveal =

Bruce and Selina at the restaurant right after Alfred gives the OG headnod =

Ending with Blake stepping on the platform and it rising =

Nolan Da Gawd did it again
 5 years ago '04        #237
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,890 | Props total: 2950 2950
One beef I did have was how gordon found out it was bruce? he gonna remember putting a jacket on one kid 30 years ago? he aint even mention it was cause his parents died
 5 years ago '07        #238
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 1309 1309
 One-O-One said:
As a fan of the Batman comics, movies and mythology...It matters to me, not a lot, but it matters.

I knew Blake was Robin also as soon as Blake admitted he was an orphan b/c that was an obvious nod to Jason Todd's Robin in the comics.

Yea it wouldn't have been as big at the end if not for discovering Blake was Robin. I wanted the reveal just as much as everybody else.

My guess is that they wanted to show a sucssesor to the Batman legacy but also make it somewhat a mystery and also not butcher the basic origins of his side kicks from the comics (d!ck Grayson was a circus preformer after all). Blake basically embodied the spirit of a lot of Batmans partners and proteges from Grayson all the way to Terry Mcginnus. He had the drive it takes to do what a Batman does.
 5 years ago '04        #239
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
Because a very small percentage of the people going to see this movie would realize d!ck Grayson is Robin. 90 percent of the people going to see this movie never read the comics.

I wouldn't say very small, but you're right. Saying "Robin" will get u way more responses than saying "d!ck Grayson".

But its still tacky and k!lls the vibe alil for me. This is a semi-failed easter egg. They should have gave that one to the ppl who know Robin from the decades of comics, cartoons, movies, tv shows, and let them explain it to the ignorant (ex: Thanos in Avengers, Thors hammer in Ironman 2). Gives the film more integrity.

but like i said from the beginning. its a light nitpick.

Last edited by One-O-One; 07-21-2012 at 03:46 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #240
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
 Daville502 said:
My guess is that they wanted to show a sucssesor to the Batman legacy but also make it somewhat a mystery and also not butcher the basic origins of his side kicks from the comics (d!ck Grayson was a circus preformer after all). Blake basically embodied the spirit of a lot of Batmans partners and proteges from Grayson all the way to Terry Mcginnus. He had the drive it takes to do what a Batman does.
True.

But isn't the origins of almost all the characters in Batman comics who are featured in Nolan's trilogy already butchered? (butchered in a good way)

Why make Robin sacred all of a sudden..

Just say "d!ck Grayson" and go all the way in. That would have k!lled.

it was still cool tho.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
348 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
16 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy