The Dark Knight Rises SPOILERS discussion thread

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
134 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
24 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #201
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,704 | Props total: 22069 22069
 Dy-nasty said:
I feel like the prison WAS the Lazarus pit. I know at some point someone called that place the pit. Bruce came back from his injuries in there. That was Nolan's take on the pit to me...
YOU ARE CORRECT!

Everyone knows that the pit is too unrealistic for Nolan's Batman trilogy, but Nolan decided to take a different turn with it. He knew that only the hardcore fans would get it.
 5 years ago '04        #202
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
 wjcorner said:
I agree except point 4. He saw that orphan turn up dead there, heard the orpphan's brother say there was "work" in the sewers, and put 2 and 2 together
You're right! Thanks for catching that for me.
 5 years ago '04        #203
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
 circleofpurple said:
My guess about the robin name thing is that they didn't want him to be robin the superhero. He would be batman. He wouldn't use his real name as his alter ego name.
If Nolan didn't want him to be ROBIN(the superhero) then whats the point of it all...? just for sh*ts n' giggles?.. just to say "Robin" in the movie? They could have still made his REAL name d!ck Grayson and not Robin. Its just too blatant of the filmmakers to make Blake's real name ROBIN. Just say 'd!ck Grayson', ppl aren't stupid (well some of us).

It just reminds me of X-Men First Class, when all the mutants were stilling in the living room giving each other cool nicknames.. "Your name iiiiiissss Havoc!..and my name iiiis Mystique!"

circleofpurple said:
The Bruce Wayne and batman deaths thing could be called coincidence. A lot of people died so Bruce could of slipped by as just another rich guy who was murdered.
But its still TWO COINCIDENCES from the same two individuals.

In the end of Dark Knight, Batman disappears for 7+ years. Bruce Wayne goes into seclusion the same amount of time.

Dark Knight Rises, Batman reappears after 7+ years, Bruce Wayne pops up in the public eye out of nowhere.

End of Dark Knight Rises, Bruce Wayne "dies" and Batman blows up in a Nuclear explosion.

Batman is on a ton of news video footage riding in a Tumbler, crushing buildings, in Batman Begins AND Dark Knight.

Dark Knight Rises, Bane blows up a gaping hole under WAYNE ENTERPRISES and steals abunch of Tumblers.

Whats the deal with Wayne and Batman? Somebody in Gotham should be able to connect the dots (Besides Gordon, Blake, League of Shadows).

Last edited by One-O-One; 07-21-2012 at 09:38 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #204
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
I think the best thing about that movie is that it was 2 hours and 45 minutes, but it didn't drag.

In TDK, once the joker was gone and we move on to Harvey Dent as the villain, the movie dragged for the last 45 minutes or so

TDKR gets better and better as it goes on and keeps you thoroughly engaged the whole time. Especially at the end.
 5 years ago '05        #205
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 One-O-One said:
If Nolan didn't want him to be ROBIN(the superhero) then whats the point of it all...? just for sh*ts n' giggles?.. just to say "Robin" in the movie? They could have still made his REAL name d!ck Grayson and not Robin. Its just too blatant of the filmmakers to make Blake's real name ROBIN. Just say 'd!ck Grayson', ppl aren't stupid (well some of us).

It just reminds me of X-Men First Class, when all the mutants were stilling in the living room giving each other cool nicknames.. "Your name iiiiiissss Havoc!..and my name iiiis Mystique!"

In the end of Dark Knight, Batman disappears for 7+ years. Bruce Wayne goes into seclusion the same amount of time.

Dark Knight Rises, Batman reappears after 7+ years, Bruce Wayne pops up in the public eye out of nowhere.

End of Dark Knight Rises, Bruce Wayne "dies" and Batman blows up in a Nuclear explosion.

Batman is on a ton of news video footage riding in a Tumbler, crushing buildings, in Batman Begins AND Dark Knight.

Dark Knight Rises, Bane blows up a gaping hole under WAYNE ENTERPRISES and steals abunch of Tumblers.

Whats the deal with Wayne and Batman? Somebody in Gotham should be able to connect the dots (Besides Gordon, Blake, League of Shadows).

Ehh I disagree. I like the way Nolan did the whole Blake thing. If his name was Jason Todd, Tim Drake, or d!ck Grayson, everybody would know and there's no wonder or surprise in that.

You had to look at the CHARACTER of the person and what they embody. I prefer that. It was a brave move. Keep it real mayne...look at JGL. Everybody knew who he was as soon as he got cast. But to try to bring some suspense to the movie, Nolan switched some things up. The embodiment of the CHARACTER was still there though.

Oh and for your 2nd question, I guess when people are worried about being blown up by some terrorist, they not sitting around trying to figure out what a rich billionaire is doing with his time.
 5 years ago '04        #206
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
What a flop of a movie... Bane sucked as a character, his accent made me cringe... Dark Knight was way better it was way more epic
 5 years ago '09        #207
Chalky 303 heat pts303
space
space
$27,381 | Props total: 17483 17483
 One-O-One said:

hey at least people in gotham know a guy in a bat costume is actually a guy in a bat costume instead confusing a guy in a red and blue gimp suit as a bird or a plane
 5 years ago '08        #208
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23316 23316
Talia's death speech was TERRIBLE for 2 reasons. 1: the chick that played her did a pretty bad job of acting. Especially that rookie a.ss death face she put on. I laughed at that sh*t.. 2: because catwoman, Batman, and Gordan are just standing there listening at full attention to this chick ramble while there's a fu*king nuke ticking away.

Nolan should have have left her out completely. She's none essential to the plot until the twist that also happens to undermine the guy we're meant to have this fear of for the past 2 hours.

Last edited by Arson; 07-21-2012 at 10:17 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #209
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 Arson said:
Talia's death speech was TERRIBLE for 2 reasons. 1: the chick that played her did a pretty bad job of acting. Especially that rookie a.ss death face she put on. I laughed at that sh*t.. 2: because catwoman, Batman, and Gordan are just standing there listening at full attention to this chick ramble while there's a fu*king nuke ticking away.

Nolan should have have left her out completely. She's none essential to the plot until the twist that also happens to undermine the guy we're meant to have this fear of for the past 2 hours.
Lol I did hit the c'mon son with her and Bane's demise. I aint even gon front.
 5 years ago '04        #210
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
 Bobby's World said:
Ehh I disagree. I like the way Nolan did the whole Blake thing. If his name was Jason Todd, Tim Drake, or d!ck Grayson, everybody would know and there's no wonder or surprise in that.

You had to look at the CHARACTER of the person and what they embody. I prefer that. It was a brave move. Keep it real mayne...look at JGL. Everybody knew who he was as soon as he got cast. But to try to bring some suspense to the movie, Nolan switched some things up. The embodiment of the CHARACTER was still there though.
I think you misread what i said. I have no problem with what Nolan did with Detective Blake UNTIL the end where his REAL NAME was revealed. I feel like the surprise was dumb down for the general audience. The writers must have felt that if they used d!ck Grayson, only comicbook heads would know who that really was... ..but if they used Robin, everybody would get it.

Its a small nitpick, but I feel it knocked some of the punch off the scene.

Bobby's World said:
Oh and for your 2nd question, I guess when people are worried about being blown up by some terrorist, they not sitting around trying to figure out what a rich billionaire is doing with his time.
But when the dust settles, I think ppl should be able to connect the dots here. Like "who made this atomic bomb? Where did the terrorists get these tumblers? Doesn't Batman drive one of those?"
 5 years ago '05        #211
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
why are cats still saying that Bane was working for Talia?

They were working together for Ra's Al-Ghul(his belief). Dude even mentioned it numerous times that it was to complete Ra's dream for Gotham to fall...

While bane was taking care of the underground work...talia was taking care of the public work(acquiring the company, etc.)
 07-21-2012, 10:23 AM         #212
endless lies  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arson said:

I agree entirely. I absolutely despised everything about Marion Cotillard's character in this movie. She was horrible. The absolutely worst person in the entire cast. She easily kicked off a couple points from this film's ranking. Her accent was really damn annoying too. I can't stand that wannabe mischievous tone she tries to carry.

"Eef you wun to save Gausam"

Ugggghhh!!!!
 5 years ago '05        #213
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 One-O-One said:
I think you misread what i said. I have no problem with what Nolan did with Detective Blake UNTIL the end where his REAL NAME was revealed. I feel like the surprise was dumb down for the general audience. The writers must have felt that if they used d!ck Grayson, only comicbook heads would know who that really was... ..but if they used Robin, everybody would get it.

Its a small nitpick, but I feel it knocked some of the punch off the scene.

But when the dust settles, I think ppl should be able to connect the dots here. Like "who made this atomic bomb? Where did the terrorists get these tumblers? Doesn't Batman drive one of those?"
OHHH I got you. I didnt see what you did there. Yeah it was dumbed down. My girl wouldnt have known. But she instantly knew with Robin.

And I'm pretty sure there were some conspiracy theorist in Gotham who put it together lol, Nolan just didnt give them any shine.
 5 years ago '04        #214
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 170 170
 Maroon_Tiger said:
but she was s3xy... and she was a great plot twist i'll write off those loses that you mentioned
So fu*king s3xy
 5 years ago '04        #215
zhiggeman 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,082 | Props total: 3879 3879
They lacked violent in this movie.. the violence would have took this over the top. they should have shown bayne rip that nicca face off or actually show the back being broken would have made this more brutal than the last flick.. think about it.. the joker ram dudes hand into the pencil.. that was crazy.. but ripping someones face off.. dude.. there has to be an unrated version.
 07-21-2012, 12:04 PM         #216
ralph lauren  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
catwomen did her the thing doe...

idk yall mad

Last edited by ralph lauren; 07-21-2012 at 12:13 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #217
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,847 | Props total: 20786 20786
People really despise Marion's acting

Why?
 5 years ago '04        #218
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
 zhiggeman said:
They lacked violent in this movie.. the violence would have took this over the top. they should have shown bayne rip that nicca face off or actually show the back being broken would have made this more brutal than the last flick.. think about it.. the joker ram dudes hand into the pencil.. that was crazy.. but ripping someones face off.. dude.. there has to be an unrated version.
I gotta agree.

The off-screen "PG-13" k!lls were madd weak in this. How many times was Bane gonna break somebody's neck?

Be more creative with the k!lls.

the movie was good tho. it just had a number of weak moments.
 07-21-2012, 12:25 PM         #219
ralph lauren  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
does Bane seem like a simp doe?

seems like he was stuck in the friend zone with talia
 5 years ago '09        #220
minnesota763 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,752 | Props total: 8 8
 One-O-One said:

the whole robin thing is too blatant and confuses us real fans... but then again it can just be another fake id given by bruce wayne. batmans death has became a symbol to gotham city just like how dent became a symbol when he died. maybe blake becoming the batman would ruin that so maybe a nightwing character would be more suitable. or if anyone can turn the robin character around, it might be nolan.

and not everynody saw bane blowup wayne enterprises to take the tumblers, its probably hard for them to connect the dots! like people said, alot of the rich died.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
160 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy