Microsoft "our top 4 franchises outsell Sony's top 11"

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
53 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #41
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4991 4991
 IronMaiden said:
Exactly, they mean nothing.

Sales don't make a game good and unless you own a nice large share of one of these companies they mean nothing to you so i will say this again

SALES DO NOT MATTER
RATINGS DO NOT MATTER
REVIEWS DO NOT MATTER

You don't own any of these publications, you own no real stock in any of these corporations thus making all this irrelevant, this sh*t means nothing to us and i will never understand the fascination behind all this sh*t, do you need sales numbers and high review scores to justify your purchase? you can't be happy with the fu*king product you bought unless it's got a 95 metacritic? unless it sold 20 million copies? What the fu*k happened to gamers? when did you all forget what gaming is? it's a fu*king hobby, we play games to have fun since when did gamers become so fu*king obsessed with numbers? This generation has brought the worst out of gamers and brought in the worst generation of gamers. It brought in a pretentious group of douche bags who think graphics matter and metacritic means something, that sales and anything pre-this gen is unplayable.

Gamers need to grow up and enjoy their goddamn games and no i am not mad i am frustrated at how so many people lost fu*king perspective of what this hobby is about.
Says the person who says PC is superior because of the graphics and frame rates (master race son)

But Sales do and should matter to consumers...

Ask Sega how them Dreamcast sales are doing for this console generation...

Ask Panasonic how them 3D0 sales helping them this gen...

the point is if something doesn't sell then we as consumers lose out, by not having as many choices... or options to choose from like DJ Krayzie said...

If Gears of War 1 had only sold 400,000 copies we wouldn't have a fourth coming out...

if the Wii hadn't sold a gabillion systems...WiiU wouldn't come out...

no Sales don't mean something is better than something else because it sold more ...but sales DO matter
 5 years ago '05        #42
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,906 | Props total: 21055 21055
 IronMaiden said:
Sales mean nothing to the consumer.

If sales mattered to the consumer you wouldn't fu*king buy games used, you wouldn't wait for deals, rent instead of buying, trade in your games so they can be bought used thus stopping more new sales. Sales only matter to these companies not us and if you believe otherwise you are a fu*king moron. Sales matter? is that why the market is over-saturated with FPS games? why we get one big risk every few years?
You're one of the few intelligent ones here too.. I know you're a PC gamer, but sales matter there too. And to your edited posts, no one said anything about reviews or that higher selling games are BETTER. These games need to sell for the consumer to see more, otherwise we're left dry.

Im a supporter of all indie games, especially ones that deserve it. For them especially, sales REALLY matter. For the consumers too, without those sales, those 1 or 2 person developers would be gone in a heartbeat, leaving us without some of the best games we'd see.
 5 years ago '12        #43
Jake2by4 
space
space
space
$1,023 | Props total: 12 12
I give M$ one thing they know how to market their stuff, something that Sony needs to learn
 5 years ago '04        #44
space
space
 IronMaiden said:
Really? sales matter? sales dictate sequels and new games? Mad World was a failure, a fu*king commercial failure of epic proportions but guess what? got a sequel on PS3. Shenmue? commercial failure but it got a sequel.

Plenty of games do mediocre in sales and get sequels. You are hung up on this sequel bullsh*t when the real question you should be asking is why don't these companies take risk on new things? Activision hasn't put out a unique new game in what? 100 years? sony keeps dropping fresh and unique games regardless of the sales.
There is no Mad World sequel on the PS 3...If you are talking about Anarachy Reigns that's not a sequel it just has the two characters from MadWorld in it...but that's an MMMFA not the same type of game...

and Shenmue got a sequal back then when selling one million copies was an accomplishment... why do you think part three didn't come out? it didn't SELL that well...

And Activison has put out a few NEW IP's in the last couple years... (most of which didn't and won't get sequels because they didn't sell well)

Prototype...
Singularity...
Destiny... (Bungie's Game coming in 2013)
DJ Hero...
Gun...

just to name a few

Last edited by Da Ill One; 07-07-2012 at 07:27 PM..
 07-07-2012, 07:38 PM         #45
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
There is no Mad World sequel on the PS 3...If you are talking about Anarachy Reigns that's not a sequel it just has the two characters from MadWorld in it...but that's an MMMFA not the same type of game...

and Shenmue got a sequal back then when selling one million copies was an accomplishment... why do you think part three didn't come out? it didn't SELL that well...

And Activison has put out a few NEW IP's in the last couple years... (most of which didn't and won't get sequels because they didn't sell well)

Prototype...
Singularity...
Destiny... (Bungie's Game coming in 2013)
DJ Hero...
Gun...

just to name a few
I am talking about taking new chances, giving us new experiences and trying something new.

Like a Last of Us, a Journey, a Flower, a Uncharted (people can try to cry Tomb Raider knock-off, Uncharted brought us real cinema like experience with fantastic character development and storytelling), a Alan Wake.

Prototype was one of the most uninspired and unoriginal games i have ever played. Bottom line is sales don't matter to consumers because we don't control the sales, the casuals "own the market" so to speak, we are in the minority when it comes to this and Mega Man Legends 3 petition is a prime fu*king example.

Like i said get back to your fu*king roots, get back to what gaming is, which is having fun and not giving a sh*t about a metacritic or how many copies a game sold because if sales mattered you would be against used sales, you wouldn't buy games on sale 6-12 months later, you wouldn't trade games for other games or rent you would buy them day 1 for $65 and most of all? YOU WOULDNT fu*kING PIRATE which 99% of this forum does.

DJ Krayzie said:
You're one of the few intelligent ones here too.. I know you're a PC gamer, but sales matter there too. And to your edited posts, no one said anything about reviews or that higher selling games are BETTER. These games need to sell for the consumer to see more, otherwise we're left dry.

Im a supporter of all indie games, especially ones that deserve it. For them especially, sales REALLY matter. For the consumers too, without those sales, those 1 or 2 person developers would be gone in a heartbeat, leaving us without some of the best games we'd see.
But they don't, not to us because again we have 0 control over these numbers because we (the gamers, not the kids who just play COD) i am talking people who have been gaming for 15-20+ years and will game till they die) WE are in the minority and again if it mattered we wouldn't pirate games, we wouldn't buy used, trade, sell etc. but you know what? we all do here.

We would be for a system that didn't allow used games because used games sales hurt the companies we want new games from right? as a consumer that's what we want right? right? so you gonna stop buying used? buy day 1 for $65? stop trading? stop renting? stop borrowing? stop pirating? sales mean nothing to you, they mean nothing to me.

If a game gets a sequel it gets a sequel, doesn't matter to me. I play games and want to experience NEW things and one game flopping has nothing to do with a company taking a risk on another, it's the business.. Like movies, games flop.

Last edited by IronMaiden; 07-07-2012 at 07:41 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #46
space
space
 IronMaiden said:
I am talking about taking new chances, giving us new experiences and trying something new.

Like a Last of Us, a Journey, a Flower, a Uncharted (people can try to cry Tomb Raider knock-off, Uncharted brought us real cinema like experience with fantastic character development and storytelling), a Alan Wake.

Prototype was one of the most uninspired and unoriginal games i have ever played. Bottom line is sales don't matter to consumers because we don't control the sales, the casuals "own the market" so to speak, we are in the minority when it comes to this and Mega Man Legends 3 petition is a prime fu*king example.

Like i said get back to your fu*king roots, get back to what gaming is, which is having fun and not giving a sh*t about a metacritic or how many copies a game sold because if sales mattered you would be against used sales, you wouldn't buy games on sale 6-12 months later, you wouldn't trade games for other games or rent you would buy them day 1 for $65 and most of all? YOU WOULDNT fu*kING PIRATE which 99% of this forum does.
ok I got you now...and I agree...I only rent I don't buy used or pirate my games... i'm not stupid or rich enough to just buy every fu*king game for $65 it has to be worth my money... and the reason why there isn't more new IP's is because of Sales... why would Activison try on a new IP when COD makes them Billions... If I was a drug dealer I wouldn't sell the new drug "Bath Salts" that makes me $500 a day if I could sell the old trusted Cocaine and make $2,000 a day either...
 07-07-2012, 07:47 PM         #47
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
ok I got you now...and I agree...I only rent I don't buy used or pirate my games... i'm not stupid or rich enough to just buy every fu*king game for $65 it has to be worth my money... and the reason why there isn't more new IP's is because of Sales... why would Activison try on a new IP when COD makes them Billions... If I was a drug dealer I wouldn't sell the new drug "Bath Salts" that makes me $500 a day if I could sell the old trusted Cocaine and make $2,000 a day either...
That's the point i was trying to make.

Luckily my business allows me to live incredibly comfortable to the point where i can throw money at all the new games without worrying but i almost always buy used and on sales but i am known to spend stupid amounts of money on stuff when i am shopping high or drunk online, like pre-ordering Vita, 32gb mem card and every launch game

Don't get me wrong i love the Vita but i could of done without almost all of those games.
 5 years ago '04        #48
space
space
 IronMaiden said:
That's the point i was trying to make.

Luckily my business allows me to live incredibly comfortable to the point where i can throw money at all the new games without worrying but i almost always buy used and on sales but i am known to spend stupid amounts of money on stuff when i am shopping high or drunk online, like pre-ordering Vita, 32gb mem card and every launch game

Don't get me wrong i love the Vita but i could of done without almost all of those games.
You own your own business? what do you do for a living?

I'm trying to start my own business up just lot of hard work getting it off the ground and proper papers in order
 5 years ago '05        #49
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 1403 1403
explains why iron got that high end computer
 5 years ago '05        #50
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 1403 1403
 AuthenticMade said:
So youre not gonna play God of War Ascension then right? Thats the 7th God of War game...same ol sh*t just getting boring man
i played god of war 3 for a few mins...i dont know about ascension,when it comes out then i'll see..gaming in general has been a bit disappointing..im just losing interest i guess
 07-07-2012, 09:01 PM         #51
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
You own your own business? what do you do for a living?

I'm trying to start my own business up just lot of hard work getting it off the ground and proper papers in order
I do network security for local companies and run a PC shop (repair, build and do house calls to do on site installation/repairs, we also will offer better deals then any local place.) with a friend.

You wouldn't believe how much business we get thanks to the Geek Squad's overpricing.
 5 years ago '11        #52
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 204 204
 IronMaiden said:
I do network security for local companies and run a PC shop (repair, build and do house calls to do on site installation/repairs, we also will offer better deals then any local place.) with a friend.

You wouldn't believe how much business we get thanks to the Geek Squad's overpricing.
Your business got a web page? Where is it located?
 5 years ago '06        #53
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
Krayzie, Great Sales do not mean everything. If they did, then why don't us 360 owners see more IPS come to fruition? If the IPS sell so great why aren't they making more? What does sales mean to us when we see the same 4 IPS year after year, your argument is the fact they are still in business? That is elementary logic and understanding of business. This is not a fanboy post, this coming from somebody that appreciates gaming.

Thats where your logic of sales meaning everything goes down the drain, i'm not attacking you in anyway but you need to understand that your statement is flawed. The philosophy of the gaming companies and devs means everything, that is the foundation for sales. You make a good product on your own, you will not go out of business. You make a great product, you have a chance of creating a legacy over years and it is up to YOU THE DEV on which path you go which in turn affects US the gamers.

Many franchises that sell great have been poisoned by the insane amounts of money they make...Madden, Call of Duty, Halo ODST, Reach etc to name a few. All began with an great legacy to build on, but after they got extremely rich, the production quality vastly dropped off.

This is not a fanboy post, but an observation by a gamer thats owned many installations of these franchises over the years.

The Philosophy and direction of the DEVS Mean EVERYTHING to the gamer, not sales.

Last edited by Soraci7; 07-08-2012 at 12:16 AM..
 07-08-2012, 07:35 AM         #54
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DominationCM said:
Your business got a web page? Where is it located?
You think i am going to let you know my real name the address of my business? Do you think i am stupid?
 5 years ago '11        #55
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 204 204
 IronMaiden said:
You think i am going to let you know my real name the address of my business? Do you think i am stupid?
Nope

Last edited by dom; 07-08-2012 at 09:38 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #56
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,050 | Props total: 19893 19893
Microsoft.... all about quantity over quality....
 07-08-2012, 10:21 AM         #57
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DominationCM said:
Nope

Just saying.

It's got my personal information on it, my business address, my name, store location, store number and work cell number.

As if i would give it out on boxden, home of the most spiteful motherfu*kers on the internet.
 5 years ago '11        #58
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
Excuse me if i'm wrong, but is that what they're arguing? Isn't it the fact that sales don't make a better game?
 5 years ago '07        #59
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
that sh*t that makes your soul burn slow
 07-08-2012, 11:17 AM         #60
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pierced Talentz said:
Microsoft delivers that pure ether

Its true tho ps3 gamers don't buy games
They gamefly
exactly, most people I kno that have ps3 borrow their games from others or rent

whats the point of buying a game thats only gonna last u maybe a week of playtime
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago