Microsoft "our top 4 franchises outsell Sony's top 11"

most viewed right now
 109
Ms Vicky gives my blicky a stiffy with them titties
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 80
NBA BX do you agree with Scottie Pippen??
114 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 70
Childish Gambino is the offspring of 50 Cent and Kanye West
21 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 59
NBA LaVar Ball Argues Why Lakers Would Never Trade Lonzo Ball For Kawhi Leonard
25 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #21
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
avatar space
space
$47,301 | Props total: 24472 24472
 IronMaiden said:
call of duty outsells everything

does that mean it's the best game? sales mean nothing and that applies to all forms of media, especially movies/music.
Sales mean everything. Maybe not directly to the consumer, but it affects them in the long run. Developers/publishers closing mean less games for us. See me when THQ and Sega close and we lose some lesser known or celebrated gems. Obviously new IPs are great, and I wish MS would find the balance between that and still keeping their high sellers.. But sales are what keeps these companies healthy, especially in this time period. Otherwise, they're extinct.
 6 years ago '11        #22
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 205 205
 DJ Krayzie said:
Sales mean everything. Maybe not directly to the consumer, but it affects them in the long run. Developers/publishers closing mean less games for us. See me when THQ and Sega close and we lose some lesser known or celebrated gems. Obviously new IPs are great, and I wish MS would find the balance between that and still keeping their high sellers.. But sales are what keeps these companies healthy, especially in this time period. Otherwise, they're extinct.
so the Wii is better than the 360?
 6 years ago '05        #23
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
avatar space
space
$47,301 | Props total: 24472 24472
 DominationCM said:
so the Wii is better than the 360?
I dont think I said the word "better" in that entire paragraph. Smart business sense of survival helps the consumer just as much as a new IP because it means games will continue to come out. Companies need to find the balance between sales and new IPs. Whether it be MS/Sony or a smaller publisher.

Its not hard logic to understand even if you never took a single business class in your life.
 6 years ago '11        #24
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
nah but you said sales mean everything. he probably a.ssumed you meant better
 6 years ago '05        #25
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
avatar space
space
$47,301 | Props total: 24472 24472
 Jesszman said:
nah but you said sales mean everything. he probably a.ssumed you meant better
Sales do mean everything. Money makes the world go 'round. If uncharted sold less than a million, you never would've seen 2 of the best games of the generation. Probably not even the last of us either.
 6 years ago '11        #26
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 205 205
 DJ Krayzie said:
I dont think I said the word "better" in that entire paragraph. Smart business sense of survival helps the consumer just as much as a new IP because it means games will continue to come out. Companies need to find the balance between sales and new IPs. Whether it be MS/Sony or a smaller publisher.

Its not hard logic to understand even if you never took a single business class in your life.
doesnt "better" fall under EVERYTHING?
 6 years ago '05        #27
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
avatar space
space
$47,301 | Props total: 24472 24472
 DominationCM said:
doesnt "better" fall under EVERYTHING?
Not in the slightest. Nothing to do with anything I said has to do with who or what is better. Just that sales are the most important aspect in ANY industry, video games in this instance. We've seen a lot of good developers go under this generation for that reason. I dont see what is so complicated here.
 6 years ago '11        #28
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 IronMaiden said:
call of duty outsells everything

does that mean it's the best game? sales mean nothing and that applies to all forms of media, especially movies/music.
 DJ Krayzie said:
Sales mean everything. Maybe not directly to the consumer, but it affects them in the long run. Developers/publishers closing mean less games for us. See me when THQ and Sega close and we lose some lesser known or celebrated gems. Obviously new IPs are great, and I wish MS would find the balance between that and still keeping their high sellers.. But sales are what keeps these companies healthy, especially in this time period. Otherwise, they're extinct.

 DJ Krayzie said:
You were saying?
 6 years ago '07        #29
Nothavingit 53 heat pts53
space
avatar space
space
$5,767 | Props total: 1241 1241
I swear these game companies f!ght like a bunch of fu*king children.
 6 years ago '11        #30
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 Nothavingit said:
I swear these game companies f!ght like a bunch of fu*king children.
Generates fans bro.
 6 years ago '11        #31
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 205 205
 Nothavingit said:
I swear these game companies f!ght like a bunch of fu*king children.
Capitalism, open market competition
 6 years ago '05        #32
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
avatar space
space
$47,301 | Props total: 24472 24472
 Jesszman said:
You were saying?
He said "sales mean nothing", why didn't you bold that? Sales do mean everything. Im the biggest COD hater in the world, I dont think it's a good game cause it sells a lot. Like I said earlier, we'd be missing out on fantastic games if games like Uncharted didn't sell well.

I compliment your favorite franchise and you still find reasons to argue.
 6 years ago '05        #33
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
avatar space
space
$47,301 | Props total: 24472 24472
 DominationCM said:
Capitalism, open market competition
This dummy's arguing about sales not mattering and then brings up capitalism.
 07-07-2012, 05:53 PM         #34
N E R D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Idc what anyone says ps3 sh*ts on xbox
 6 years ago '11        #35
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
You told a guy who hypothetically said COD sells better therefore it is better that sales mean everything. Of course your post related to that. Read boy.
 6 years ago '05        #36
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
avatar space
space
$47,301 | Props total: 24472 24472
 Jesszman said:
You told a guy who hypothetically said COD sells better therefore it is better that sales mean everything. Of course your post related to that. Read boy.
I was responding to "sales mean nothing" which is why my post started that way. I respect his posts usually, but that sh*t was stupidity.
 07-07-2012, 05:57 PM         #37
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ Krayzie said:
Sales mean everything. Maybe not directly to the consumer, but it affects them in the long run. Developers/publishers closing mean less games for us. See me when THQ and Sega close and we lose some lesser known or celebrated gems. Obviously new IPs are great, and I wish MS would find the balance between that and still keeping their high sellers.. But sales are what keeps these companies healthy, especially in this time period. Otherwise, they're extinct.
Exactly, they mean nothing.

Sales don't make a game good and unless you own a nice large share of one of these companies they mean nothing to you so i will say this again

SALES DO NOT MATTER
RATINGS DO NOT MATTER
REVIEWS DO NOT MATTER

You don't own any of these publications, you own no real stock in any of these corporations thus making all this irrelevant, this sh*t means nothing to us and i will never understand the fascination behind all this sh*t, do you need sales numbers and high review scores to justify your purchase? you can't be happy with the fu*king product you bought unless it's got a 95 metacritic? unless it sold 20 million copies? What the fu*k happened to gamers? when did you all forget what gaming is? it's a fu*king hobby, we play games to have fun since when did gamers become so fu*king obsessed with numbers? This generation has brought the worst out of gamers and brought in the worst generation of gamers. It brought in a pretentious group of douche bags who think graphics matter and metacritic means something, that sales and anything pre-this gen is unplayable.

Gamers need to grow up and enjoy their goddamn games and no i am not mad i am frustrated at how so many people lost fu*king perspective of what this hobby is about.


Last edited by IronMaiden; 07-07-2012 at 06:03 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #38
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 205 205
 DJ Krayzie said:
This dummy's arguing about sales not mattering and then brings up capitalism.
I've never said that!! Go back and actually READ what I posted. I was simply saying sales only matter when its beneficial to one side. I never said that sales mean "everything" like you did or say that sales didnt matter. Comprehend what your reading.

As far as Capitalism dude said these companies f!ght like kids. Every company in American does this because its an open market and competition is allowed.


Last edited by dom; 07-07-2012 at 06:06 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #39
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
avatar space
space
$47,301 | Props total: 24472 24472
 IronMaiden said:
Exactly, they mean nothing.

Sales don't make a game good and unless you own a nice large share of one of these companies they mean nothing to you so i will say this again

SALES DO NOT MATTER
Again, I never said sales make a game good, but it's what keeps the company healthy and afloat. Sales mean everything for an industry that invests millions. If they put out games that don't sell to make a profit, they're fu*ked.

Im not arguing that this game or that game/this company or that company are better. Its just facts, sales are what matter to all these companies, and in the end, the consumer. We wouldn't have any of these great games if they did not sell.

Can't believe all you guys are blind to that.
 07-07-2012, 06:05 PM         #40
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
But Sales do matter to consumers...

Ask Sega how them Dreamcast sales are doing for this console generation...

Ask Panasonic how them 3D0 sales helping them this gen...

the point is if something doesn't sell then we as consumers lose out, by not having as many choices... or options to choose from like DJ Krayzie said...

If Gears of War 1 had only sold 400,000 copies we wouldn't have a fourth coming out...

if the Wii hadn't sold a gabillion systems...WiiU wouldn't come out...

no Sales don't mean something is better than something else because it sold more ...but sales DO matter
Sales mean nothing to the consumer.

If sales mattered to the consumer you wouldn't fu*king buy games used, you wouldn't wait for deals, rent instead of buying, trade in your games so they can be bought used thus stopping more new sales. Sales only matter to these companies not us and if you believe otherwise you are a fu*king moron. Sales matter? is that why the market is over-saturated with FPS games? why we get one big risk every few years?

 DJ Krayzie said:
Again, I never said sales make a game good, but it's what keeps the company healthy and afloat. Sales mean everything for an industry that invests millions. If they put out games that don't sell to make a profit, they're fu*ked.

Im not arguing that this game or that game/this company or that company are better. Its just facts, sales are what matter to all these companies, and in the end, the consumer. We wouldn't have any of these great games if they did not sell.

Can't believe all you guys are blind to that.
Really? sales matter? sales dictate sequels and new games? Mad World was a failure, a fu*king commercial failure of epic proportions but guess what? got a sequel on PS3. Shenmue? commercial failure but it got a sequel.

Plenty of games do mediocre in sales and get sequels. You are hung up on this sequel bullsh*t when the real question you should be asking is why don't these companies take risk on new things? Activision hasn't put out a unique new game in what? 100 years? sony keeps dropping fresh and unique games regardless of the sales.


Last edited by IronMaiden; 07-07-2012 at 06:10 PM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 74
Video inside Russians catching up on the the Culture too now, Jheeeeeeeze!!
44 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 36
Video inside I’ll take “things a brotha wouldn’t do” for $200 Alex
135 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 32
Video inside T.I. and Rihanna playing Illuminati games
108 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 31
Most dangerous gym fails :obamalmao:
93 comments
23 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside Biggest fall off in music industry history :tylereww:
102 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
May 20 - gas is now $3 a gallon on average
91 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 24
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
144 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside Arab girls are leveling up too(got a booty and curves)
64 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy