Busta Rhymes On Frank Ocean Coming Out: "We Gotta Respect & Accept What People Choose"

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
119 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
56 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
34 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
8187 pageviews
68 comments

SM 38163 heat pts38163
space
space
$127,792 | Props total: 67078 67078
Busta Rhymes On Frank Ocean Coming Out: "We Gotta Respect & Accept What People Choose"

[video - click to view]

Cash Money Records rap star Busta Rhymes recently reacted to Odd Future affiliate Frank Ocean coming forward to announce his bi-s3xuality and said he firmly co-signs the singer's brave move.

Bussa Buss said he fully respects Ocean's music and decision to come out.

"Whatever that man does in his personal space is that man's choice and that man's business," Bussa Bus told MTV News. "I am an extremely huge fan of Frank Ocean. His music is impeccable to me, and as far as I'm concerned, I respect the dude completely. ... I don't know if it's just about hip-hop being willing to accept it, I think the whole world is ready to accept whatever people choose to be in life. From hip-hop all the way down to the common man that walks the streets on the Earth every day, we're at a place in life where we gotta respect and accept what people choose as their path that they wanna walk in life, because ultimately you want people to respect what you choose as your path and your journey in life." (MTV)

Recently, Miami's Trina stood up for the singer's announcement.

Frank Ocean isn't being met with resistance from the entire hip hop community -- rapper Trina tells TMZ, she fully supports Frank coming out, claiming, "He's extremely talented and that's what matters." But Trina tells us, "I don't think [Frank's] music sales or the level of support his music obtains should be judged based on his s3xual preference." She adds, "If he's happy and comfortable with his s3xuality then so be it. I feel his decision to come forward was bold and honest. It's his life. Let him enjoy and live it. I wish him much success and happiness." (TMZ)

UGK's Bun B recently hopped on Twitter to show his support for Ocean.

"Nobody should have to live a lie. And I don't judge people. GOD does. RT @Chris23Brunson: @BunBTrillOG whats ya opinion about Frank Ocean?" (Bun B's Twitter)

Earlier this week, the R&B singer released an open letter revealing his s3xual preference.

"Whoever you are, wherever you are.. I'm starting to think we're a lot alike," writes Ocean in the letter. "Human beings spinning on blackness. All wanting to be seen, touched, heard, paid attention to." "We spent that summer, and the summer after, together. Everyday almost. And on the days we were together, time would glide," he wrote of a romance he shared with another man. "Most of the day I'd see him, and his smile. I'd hear his conversation and his silence..until it was time to sleep. Sleep I would often share with him." (Frank Ocean's Tumblr)

[pic - click to view]

Busta Rhymes On Frank Ocean Coming Out: "We Gotta Respect & Accept What People Choose" | SOHH.COM

Last edited by SM; 07-07-2012 at 04:09 PM..

68 comments for "Busta Rhymes On Frank Ocean Coming Out: "We Gotta Respect & Accept What People Choose""

5 years ago '06        #2
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,569 | Props total: 4478 4478
 5 years ago '04        #3
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,472 | Props total: 2704 2704
what else is Busta supposed to say ? Hes with ymcmb now
 5 years ago '08        #4
Young Buck 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 333 333
Busta is coming out next
 07-07-2012, 09:34 AM         #5
Michael_Moore 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Busta been a butt pirate tho...what else was he supposed to say?

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #6
Silentmurdah33 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,065 | Props total: 110 110
Bustah the same n*gga that went off on his fellow Native Tounges brother for being a chi chi man
 5 years ago '04        #7
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,974 | Props total: 121 121
Hip-Hop is so far behind with this gay thing,one of the biggest Metal bands in the world has gay lead singer,nobody gives a sh*t...
 5 years ago '11        #8
Urbanchill 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,408 | Props total: 1408 1408
of course busta would say that
 5 years ago '08        #9
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,530 | Props total: 17148 17148
Choose?........tell Bussa that the gays believe they were born that way
 5 years ago '04        #10
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,670 | Props total: 11326 11326
 5 years ago '11        #11
Suppafresh 26 heat pts26
space
space
$6,090 | Props total: 265 265
 SokeSleezy said:
Hip-Hop is so far behind with this gay thing,one of the biggest Metal bands in the world has gay lead singer,nobody gives a sh*t...
That's the thing about gays you don't have try to make people like u. Just be gay and shut the fu*k up if someone turns there nose up at you for being gay move the fu*k on. Don't compare being gay to being a skin color. I can't chose my skin color, but u can chose who u have s3x with its a big difference no one should be forced to accept your s3xual choice. You chose to be gay. If I don't like it so be it move on having s3x is suppose to be a private matter anyway keep it private.
 5 years ago '09        #12
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,639 | Props total: 2745 2745
LOL he needs to be the last one commenting on this. He might be holding back as well. But I think it's different for a rapper than a r and b singer to come out the closet though. If Busta or any rapper turned out to be gay, I would laugh and joke then move on. It would not stop me from listening to their music, unless it was some homo-erotic sh*t in there, then things would change.
 5 years ago '04        #13
Mr AirRic 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,897 | Props total: 2564 2564
well, not to turn this into a political thread, but anybody who isn't an ignorant bigot would probably agree with him
 07-07-2012, 01:56 PM         #14
nharenuttha 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this sounds like simething a "questionable" homo rapper!
 07-07-2012, 01:57 PM         #15
nharenuttha 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sounds like something a questionable homo rapper would say!
 5 years ago '11        #16
case sensitive 
space
space
$3,607 | Props total: 321 321
 ReggieA said:
LOL he needs to be the last one commenting on this. He might be holding back as well. But I think it's different for a rapper than a r and b singer to come out the closet though. If Busta or any rapper turned out to be gay, I would laugh and joke then move on. It would not stop me from listening to their music, unless it was some homo-erotic sh*t in there, then things would change.
thats true but homos get beat up for that sh*t everyday and there aint no reason for it. not to mention all the homophobic lyrics that people spit..cats just talk about lumping n*ggas up for being gay in general. thats why so many black men stay in the closet...

i say let them n*ggas out and allow them to do whatever it is that they are feeling. sh*t dont affect me at all.
 5 years ago '10        #17
trill jackson 737 heat pts737
space
space
$18,821 | Props total: 13119 13119
one of those dudes from the jungle brothers is gay as fu*k right now and when bus ran into him he looked at him disgusted and wouldn't speak to him
 5 years ago '10        #18
trill jackson 737 heat pts737
space
space
$18,821 | Props total: 13119 13119
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
hold up.. the same busth that wouldnt even speak on the subject and left the room when he was asked about gay rappers a couple years ago???

mannnnnn wtf bus at least be consistent...
in case you haven't noticed all celebrities are afraid to speak against homos3xuality right now. everybody is biting their tongue and towing the company line right now
 5 years ago '09        #19
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,832 | Props total: 602 602
 The N said:
Choose?........tell Bussa that the gays believe they were born that way
Key word there is believe bro. I think it's a choice. Unless science can prove it, I will always think it's a choice.
 5 years ago '11        #20
King Henry 547 heat pts547
space
space
$43,966 | Props total: 9855 9855
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
hold up.. the same busth that wouldnt even speak on the subject and left the room when he was asked about gay rappers a couple years ago???

mannnnnn wtf bus at least be consistent...
Some people change

Maybe because of the media pressure, or maybe because they're morals have changed.

I used to be sickened by gays a couple years ago, but I realized how dumb I looked and sounded
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
27 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
52 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
215 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago