The Official "The Dark Knight Rises" Review Thread - (Reactions will start coming in Today)

most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
400 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #381
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,832 | Props total: 4101 4101
Of the three movies, The Dark Knight stands as the strongest. It is the most edgy and daring of the three and, like The Empire Strikes Back, it flies in the face of a common perception that middle chapter of a trilogy is the least rewarding. Looking at the finale, The Dark Knight Rises is no Return of the Jedi. It's a more complete package without an Ewok in sight. It allows fans to leave the theater satiated and a little dazed, and possibly wanting to see it again to catch everything they missed the first time. Yes, there are flaws, but The Dark Knight Rises gives this Batman trilogy a platform high atop the superhero pyramid from which it may never be dislodged.
3.5 stars (out of 4 stars)

The new film can be choppy; keeping the story elements in proportion would be a near-impossible task. But there’s a rare level of craft on display—craft that Hollywood lately seems intent on abandoning. Like Gotham with Batman, we may not miss Nolan until he’s gone.
4 stars (out of 5)

Does “The Dark Knight Rises” achieve the impossible, which is to bring a cherished cinematic chapter to a close, yet manage to leave fans feeling, not desolate but cheered? To that all-important question, the answer is an unequivocal yes. Nolan, together with the team he’s been working with so profitably since 2005’s “Batman Begins,” has made a completely satisfying movie with “The Dark Knight Rises,” one steeped enough in self-contained mythology to reward hard-core fans while giving less invested viewers a rousing, adroitly executed piece of popcorn entertainment.
3.5 stars (out of 4)

(this review may contain spoilers)
 07-17-2012, 05:33 PM         #382
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 aclockworkred71 said:
ILLSTREET, move on, stop holding grudges like an ex girl. Notice I have not judged the film, you are without viewing it, sorry a.ss critic.
The Irony.

Yes you have...

And I didn't go in your fukken thread dumb a.ss. You came in mine, with your usual whiny debbie downer bi*ch sh*t.

Get the fukk out, or stop complaining about getting sh*tted on for being a f*ggot.

07-17-2012, 05:52 PM         #383
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 aclockworkred71 said:
Your thread? Grow up and allow views differing from your own, you stay posting insecure attacks to any differing opinion.

You replied to me, I never even addressed your clingy a.ss.
a.k.a

"Yeah, you have sonned my a.ss into oblivion like 100 times over the years. I'ma flip it on you and call your a stalker now!"

Get lost c*cksucker.
 07-17-2012, 05:53 PM         #384
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

07-17-2012, 05:55 PM         #385
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youknowmystelo said:

[pic - click to view]

Giants Won the Superbowl against the Partriots in 08.

Giants Won The Superbowl against the Patriots in 12.

07-17-2012, 05:57 PM         #386
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:

Giants Won the Superbowl against the Partriots in 08.

Giants Won The Superbowl against the Patriots in 12.

This post is well-put. The smiles, and then I just caught the double entendre (shot at smokeweed)

Last edited by youknowmystelo; 07-17-2012 at 06:02 PM..
 07-17-2012, 06:05 PM         #387
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 aclockworkred71 said:
Its the truth, show proof, otherwise keep posting smilies and having circular arguments.

Who distracted this convo, do tell.
Show proof?

I own your a.ss.

Giants and Pats. Yankees and Red Sox. Rate Thread.

You've tried to go at me... You've lost... You dissapear... You come back and start all over again.

I don't gotta show Proof of sh*t. I'm not gonna be like you and take my time and post "Props" from people when I've been owning your a.ss like you did with Houge.

Everyone round here knows.

You're not jacking my thread with your bullsh*t. Get lost.
 07-17-2012, 06:06 PM         #388
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youknowmystelo said:

This post is well-put. The smiles, and then I just caught the double entendre (shot at smokeweed)
 07-17-2012, 06:15 PM         #389
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 aclockworkred71 said:
Appeal to authority, saying I have no opinion on movie discussion because your team won a title? You need to stop taking credit from real men.

Circular argument, strawman, appeal to authority, smilies, and profanity. Nice to know you lack originality.
Distort statement... Distract... Rinse... Repeat.

07-17-2012, 06:17 PM         #390
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its weird seeing a argument go on for several pages without me being involved.
 07-17-2012, 06:35 PM         #391
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 aclockworkred71 said:
Naw, I can't put pages into arguing with this dude, everything is recycled, copied and pasted from 09.

What do you think of the runtime in this film? Its almost 3 hours, theaters going to be packed with immature kids too.
Not even that the kids are going to be even more immature probably because they have a legit reason to be out at midnight-3am.

Hopefully i can use my mental will just block out their bullsh*t.
 5 years ago '09        #392
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,902 | Props total: 14010 14010
I already Got for tickets for Saturday night, but I'm thinking of going to the 8 30 am show on Friday. Think it will be sold out? I just don't think I can wait. I'll probably end up seei this movie like five times at the theater.
 5 years ago '07        #393
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14588 14588
 youknowmystelo said:
Not even that the kids are going to be even more immature probably because they have a legit reason to be out at midnight-3am.

Hopefully i can use my mental will just block out their bullsh*t.
You're going at midnight? That's a first. You should wait fu*k those loud a.ss kids.
 07-17-2012, 06:47 PM         #394
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TH35 said:
You're going at midnight? That's a first. You should wait fu*k those loud a.ss kids.
Could always go a second time earlier.
 5 years ago '07        #395
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,999 | Props total: 1374 1374
 TH35 said:
http://www.ipictheaters.com/

Never any kids.
 5 years ago '05        #396
space
space
But even those flaws don't keep Nolan's "Dark Knight Rises" from being a superb bit of work from a truly visionary filmmaker and a marvelous final installment on a grand retelling of the Batman saga.
As a cop tells a younger partner when Batman first reappears, "Boy, you're in for a show tonight, son." And, indeed, it's been quite a show.
3.5 stars (out of 4)

07-17-2012, 07:19 PM         #397
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #398
space
space
As summer entertainments go, Nolan and his co-writers have delivered one with a lot to chew on, and a lot more to see and hear. The effects put “2012” and even “The Avengers” to shame. The sound will overwhelm you, the huge set pieces — one at the beginning, another in the middle, a third at the end — are jaw-dropping.

And if you have any soft spot in your heart for this rich guy with a cape, a temper and a serious Messiah complex, you will be moved — maybe even to tears.

This is what summer popcorn movies were meant to be.
3.5 stars (out of 4)

5 years ago '05        #399
space
space
Batman is back, an underdog as never before, in a high-budget thriller with depth, inventive storytelling and superbly crafted action.

This is a sequel that succeeds, meeting expectations built ridiculously high by fan culture and savvy marketing. In the end, Nolan’s Dark Knight rises to the occasion.
 5 years ago '10        #400
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,858 | Props total: 20829 20829
One more fu*king day

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy