The Official "The Dark Knight Rises" Review Thread - (Reactions will start coming in Today)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
52 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
63 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #361
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,782 | Props total: 14590 14590
Anne Hathaway is the best thing in this tediously overlong, disappointing final chapter of Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy
The bad news is that it lasts two hours 45 minutes, which is astonishingly bloated -- and unforgivable in a film that spends a long, ponderous hour getting started.
fu*k! so there isn't a bunch of action?

Last edited by TH35; 07-17-2012 at 08:02 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #362
Ole-G 347 heat pts347
space
space
$10,235 | Props total: 13 13
 TH35 said:
fu*k! so there isn't a bunch of action?
100min of action wasn't enough for that phaggot ?
 5 years ago '07        #363
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,782 | Props total: 14590 14590
 Ole-G said:
100min of action wasn't enough for that phaggot ?
I'm starting to think there's really not 100 min. of action the first one is a review by some chick though.
 5 years ago '05        #364
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
 Ole-G said:
my man!!!

I'm doing exactly the same thing...
[pic - click to view]

ohh you Aussie too? I can't fu*kin wait!

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Gravediggaz; 07-17-2012 at 09:34 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #365
Ole-G 347 heat pts347
space
space
 Gravediggaz said:
ohh you Aussie too? I can't fu*kin wait!
yeah man..representing Sydney
 5 years ago '05        #366
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
 Ole-G said:
yeah man..representing Sydney
Melburn reppin watching that sh*t at V-max
 07-17-2012, 09:40 AM         #367
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Only a matter of time til all the negative NY Reviews(they always hate Nolan) come in...

Rex Reed, Denby, Edelstein, A.O. Scott, etc

Last edited by Illstreet; 07-17-2012 at 09:53 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #368
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 aclockworkred71 said:
Same goes for the followers buddy. If you refuse to read a negative review you are not being rational, especially if you read into positive ones.

Almost 3 hours of Batman, Nolan is losing it, this should be a funny film like TDK.

anyways, there's gonna be over 200 reviews, im sure it'll balance out
 5 years ago '05        #369
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 aclockworkred71 said:
Same goes for the followers buddy. If you refuse to read a negative review you are not being rational, especially if you read into positive ones.

Almost 3 hours of Batman, Nolan is losing it, this should be a funny film like TDK.
I never said I wouldnt read it. I just dont give a sh*t about what I've read afterwards.

If 80% of the people say it looks like a chicken, clucks like a chicken, and lays eggs like a chicken and then 20% say no that's really a frog not a chicken, I'm still going to go see for myself what the fu*k is really going on either way, cause I like chicken.

Those 20% might not even like chicken in the first place and just want to say its a frog, just because they want to standout in a conversation about chicken. That's why I dont give a sh*t.
 07-17-2012, 10:19 AM         #370
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 aclockworkred71 said:
It was only a matter of time before this Nolan hating f*ggot came out of his hole...
 5 years ago '04        #371
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,985 | Props total: 4328 4328
 aclockworkred71 said:

A funny film? Were Batman Begins and The Dark Knight funny?
 5 years ago '05        #372
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,835 | Props total: 4102 4102
Nolan aims to capture our minds and also to dazzle our eyes, and he succeeds admirably on both counts.

The Dark Knight Rises is not just the summer’s grandest blockbuster, but also one of the year’s best movies.

FOUR STARS (out of four)
Also, an RT top critic.
 5 years ago '07        #373
Ole-G 347 heat pts347
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:

FOUR STARS (out of four)
Also, an RT top critic.
are there any spoilers in that article ?
 5 years ago '05        #374
space
space
 Ole-G said:
are there any spoilers in that article ?
I only skimmed it, so I wouldn't know.
 5 years ago '05        #375
space
space
To whomever takes up the directorial reigns, however, I can only say two words: Good luck. You’re not going to top this.
 07-17-2012, 02:19 PM         #376
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Two more days.
 07-17-2012, 02:32 PM         #377
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And the New York onslaught begins

The Villiage Voice - Extremely Negative - Compares it to "Batman Forever" :

Why So Serious?
Self-important, The Dark Knight Rises feels like Batman forever

Christopher Nolan's ponderous, pontifical action movies are written less as screenplays than as operator's manuals, guiding an audience through a.ssembling their important themes while scrupulously making sure you don't miss a thing. This is as true of Inception, with its reams of expositional walk-through, as of Nolan's superhero saga, now swollen into a trilogy in which the dramatis personae are always stepping up to identify themselves in statements of principle. All of the on-the-nose speechifying (scripted by Nolan and his brother, Jonathan) keeps the runtimes long, while the drum-tight rule of schematic relevance shuts out anything resembling wit, spontaneity, and recognizable human conduct.

5 years ago '05        #378
space
space
“The Dark Knight Rises” isn’t an easy superhero movie, like the fun “The Amazing Spider-Man,” or “The Avengers,” which reliably delivered fan-friendly archetypes. It is, through and through, a Nolan movie — a brooding, complicated film that asks that you come to the theater prepared and that you watch the movie engaged.

Is that too much to ask?

Christopher Nolan thinks not. And his movies more than reward those who are willing to meet him on his terms.
 5 years ago '05        #379
space
space
The Cecil B. DeMille scale of The Dark Knight Rises delivers a whole lotta movie, with cast-of-thousands spectacle and giant-sized action that says “epic” almost as much as “blockbuster. Almost half the film was shot in eye-popping IMAX that’s entirely worth the premium price, and when it comes to the seeming oxymoron of blockbuster cinema, Nolan proves again to be uncommonly smart. The Nolans consider the issues of the day (there's a big Occupy Gotham theme, with a twist), explore the role of legendary heroes (from Robin Hood to Batman and Robin) in galvanizing the public, and labor mightily to ensure that how their Batman ends dovetails with 2005’s Batman Begins.
 07-17-2012, 04:46 PM         #380
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Entertainment Weekly - Rating "B":

Superhero-wise, though, The Dark Knight Rises is still essentially a fanciful corker about an unlikely billionaire named Bruce Wayne who lives in mournful bachelorhood with his butler Alfred (faithfully played by Michael Caine) and who, when f!ghting crime, zips around town in a cape and a black rubbery cowl. And as a result of the precarious layering of big philosophical notions (can the System be fixed?) over pointy little bat ears, Nolan's meticulously made, grand-scale tale caroms between a self-serious meditation on How We Live Now and an oof! pow! extended fistf!ght between a good guy and a bad guy, amped up by the insistent percussion of Hans Zimmer's relentless score.

The movie is built for greatness, not to mention a biggest-stakes-yet conclusion scaled to please fans who thought The Dark Knight was snubbed — snubbed — during the 2008 awards season. But this time the chief villain is a thuggish baldy named Bane (Tom Hardy) whose charisma pales in comparison with that of Heath Ledger's Joker — the super-est supernemesis in recent comic-book-movie history. Bane is distinguished mostly by his baroque helmet, with a clawlike mouthguard that is a kid's worst nightmare of orthodontic headgea

Ugh... I'm so sick of Female Reviewers take on this movie(trying not to be s3xist). Her whole writing style is so flippant and smug. It's just bad writing. Lazy.

Oh, and this broad gave that f!ghting Robot bullsh*t "Reel Steel" a Perfect "A" Rating.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago