The Official "The Dark Knight Rises" Review Thread - (Reactions will start coming in Today)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-16-2012, 03:07 PM         #321
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Wall Street Journal:

'Dark Knight': A Grim, Spectacularly Black Beauty

"The Dark Knight Rises" is notable for many things—thrilling chases, supercool vehicles, majestic vistas, an epic scale that hasn't been achieved since "The Lord of the Rings," a redemptive climax that brings an end, more or less, to a complex saga. The most stunning thing about the film, though—and this is said not by way of praise, but with anxious wonderment—is how depressing and truly doomy most of it is. Batman, played by a marvelous actor with a singular gift for depicting pain, suffers mortally.

Dark comic books have always been around, but with a difference; as pictures and words on paper, they've allowed readers to choose their own degree of involvement. "The Dark Knight Rises" allows no choice; it's immersive and a.ssaultive to a degree that could only have been achieved by the conjunction of a quintessentially somber comic and a filmmaker with a complementary sensibility, marshaling the vast technical and financial resources of an entertainment conglomerate. During the Great Depression, moviegoers flocked to escapist films with glittering dancers, happy endings and upbeat songs like "Happy Days Are Here Again." For whatever this movie may say about today's world, it rises to a different occasion and dances to a different tune. Happy days are done and gone.

Last edited by Illstreet; 07-16-2012 at 03:09 PM..
 07-16-2012, 03:07 PM         #322
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well, I just learned two new words.

Perfect word (parochial) to add to the troll artillery.
 07-16-2012, 03:18 PM         #323
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Christy Lemire - a.ssociated Press - "2/4", calls it a "Epic Letdown":

This is the problem when you're an exceptional, visionary filmmaker. When you give people something extraordinary, they expect it every time. Anything short of that feels like a letdown.

I've never liked this Broad's milk toast a.ss reviews... Whole things reads like a broad who's never been low or depressed... And she can't grasp with why it's so dark.

07-16-2012, 03:19 PM         #324
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youknowmystelo said:
Well, I just learned two new words.

Perfect word (parochial) to add to the troll artillery.
 07-16-2012, 03:21 PM         #325
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
check out my recent posts.

Illstreet said:

I've never liked this Broad's milk toast a.ss reviews... Whole things reads like a broad who's never been low or depressed... And she can't grasp with why it's so dark.

she don't know what's it like to be trapped in the dungeon.
 07-16-2012, 03:25 PM         #326
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LoveFilm - Rating "5/5":

If writer/producer/director Christopher Nolan felt the avalanche of anticipation heaped upon this third instalment of his take on the Caped Crusader, it’s only spurred him to greatness. With all the qualities of its predecessors, so much to revel in and so few flaws, The Dark Knight Rises is a crowning triumph.

So it’s as much about the intimate and the personal as it is about the wow-factor of the action and spectacle, and with such fine players, Nolan can keep his script clipped and efficient. Which means an awful lot of story can be told in the two and half hour runtime.

It would have an epic feel in and of itself, but as it rounds out this three-film Batman legend – smashing crime, thriller, fantasy, action genres (and more) together as it goes, TDKR is immersion into an absorbing, fascinating world. And surely bound for glory.

Which is good not just for Nolan, Bale, et al (and Warner Bros’ swelling bank account), but for us and cinema in general, because it raises the bar of what’s possible. It raises the level of what we expect and demand, even from a film that on the surface looks like a summer blockbuster.

The Dark Knight Rises is so much more than that, of course. It’s movie-making at its finest: supreme technical expertise in so many departments, storytelling of a masterful degree, and – in short – utterly satisfying.
 5 years ago '05        #327
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,835 | Props total: 4102 4102
 Illstreet said:

The funny thing about her is that for the most part, I find that she's usually on the level and consistent. I actually like reading the majority of her reviews, and thinks she brings in an interesting perspective. BUT, this review... doesn't seem like a well-though-out opinion. Bane needs to be a "s3xier" villain? So, she wants a terrorist to be "s3xy"?

What the f*ck? Needless to say, I'm disappointed in her a.ssessment of the film.
 07-16-2012, 03:29 PM         #328
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
The funny thing about her is that for the most part, I find that she's usually on the level and consistent. I actually like reading the majority of her reviews, and thinks she brings in an interesting perspective. BUT, this review... doesn't seem like a well-though-out opinion. Bane needs to be a "s3xier" villain? So, she wants a terrorist to be "s3xy"?

What the f*ck? Needless to say, I'm disappointed in her a.ssessment of the film.
No political points in her review either. Dismiss.
 07-16-2012, 03:34 PM         #329
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:

By comparison, "The Dark Knight Rises" is plot-heavy, obsessed with process, laden with expository dialogue and flashbacks that bog down the momentum and — dare I say it? — just flat-out boring at times.
Go watch "The Avengers" again hoe...
 07-16-2012, 03:35 PM         #330
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youknowmystelo said:
No political points in her review either. Dismiss.
Yeah, hence "milk toast".

Review was extremely shallow.
 07-16-2012, 03:51 PM         #331
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

07-16-2012, 04:03 PM         #332
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rico23 said:
me after the movie lets out:

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #333
space
space
For those interested, they're doing a livestream of the Red Carpet premiere today...

Check it out...

5 years ago '05        #334
space
space
The Dark Knight Rises is an epic and lifts the comic book film, as the previous picture did to an art form. It is without question the year’s finest film thus far and could land in the Best Picture race. Frankly, Nolan shows everyone a.ssociated with The Avengers (2012), a good film, how things are done, by making another masterpiece that finishes his trilogy about the Dark Knight. Nolan has accomplished what George Lucas could not with Return of the Jedi (1983), making a third film that matches the previous two, that takes us further into the characters and the story...

Bale has never explored the depths of the character Wayne/ Batman as he does within this film. He is simply superb. Can anyone ever question him as the best portrayer of the character again? This is a tortured man, beaten down by who he is, but what he has become, by what he feels guilty for. Bale is extraordinary in the part and about the voice…it works.

Audiences will make this blockbuster a major success, and so they should. Nolan demonstrates what a real popcorn movie is, and has the guts to give it a darkness we expect from something like Apocalypse Now (1979) but not a Batman movie. He understood that the thing we kids loved as kids reading the comics, that we believed what we were reading WAS POSSIBLE, and then he did it on-screen. We believed, we still believe, and so does he.
This one is a dark work of art.

FOUR STARS
 07-16-2012, 06:51 PM         #335
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how is that rotten dailymail review considered a professional review?
 07-16-2012, 07:14 PM         #336
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youknowmystelo said:
Fukking joke...

He gave "The Tourist" with Depp & Jolie 5 Stars...
 5 years ago '05        #337
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
 Illstreet said:
Fukking joke...

He gave "The Tourist" with Depp & Jolie 5 Stars...

[pic - click to view]

07-16-2012, 07:34 PM         #338
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This may be the darkest, the grimmest, the most depressing summer popcorn movie ever. It is not summery. It is not popcorny. There is no adventure here. There is no escapism. There is only grinding reality to be endured in the harsh mirror it holds up to us in the audience. For there can be no mistake that the peasants of Gotham are us, we 99 percent huddled in the dark and frantic for a hero we will not find.

Now that sounds like the kind of movie i had in mind.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by youknowmystelo; 07-16-2012 at 07:37 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #339
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:

Now that sounds like the kind of movie i had in mind.

[pic - click to view]

This quote had me all like

Two sides of a coin, too, are the Batman and Bane, both former disciples of Ra’s Al Ghul and his League of Shadows: they are physically and, in some ways, philosophically matched, garnering mythic power from their anonymity -- “No one cared who I was until I put on the mask,” Bane notes bitterly -- and from their steadfast adherence to a certainty about what’s “right” for everyone else. And around them, men die willingly and worshipfully for Bane and lie willingly and worshipfully for the Batman. The cult surrounding both of them is chilling.
That's... some heavy deep sh*t to tackle. I. Cannot. WAIT.
 07-16-2012, 07:47 PM         #340
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
This quote had me all like

That's... some heavy deep sh*t to tackle. I. Cannot. WAIT.

[pic - click to view]

Her whole review got me hyped. Shes one of the finer critics by the well.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy