The Official "The Dark Knight Rises" Review Thread - (Reactions will start coming in Today)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
103 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #301
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 JFamis said:
That guy gave The Dark Knight a negative review too
Did he give Begins one
 07-16-2012, 12:14 PM         #302
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Daily Mail - UK - Gave it a 2/5

The same Reviewer gave the same 2/5 score to both "The Dark Knight" and "Inception".
 5 years ago '07        #303
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Illstreet said:
The Daily Mail - UK - Gave it a 2/5

The same Reviewer gave the same 2/5 score to both "The Dark Knight" and "Inception".
They giving Nolan the M. Night treatment.
 5 years ago '04        #304
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 TH35 said:
Did he give Begins one
Didn't check, but he really liked MIB3.

Edit: His site is down now. Must be updatIng that review.

Last edited by JFamis; 07-16-2012 at 12:26 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #305
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4135 4135
The Dark Knight Rises, Christopher Nolan’s mesmerizing climax to his trilogy reboot of the DC Comics character, is a show, all right. But not in the way of the standard summer action fantasy. Although his movie contains elaborate f!ghts, stunts, chases and war toys, and though the director dresses half his characters in outfits suitable for a Comic-Con revel, Nolan is a dead-serious artist with a world view many shades darker than the knight of the title. The Avengers is kid stuff compared with this meditation on mortal loss and heroic frailty. For once a melodrama with pulp origins convinces viewers that it can be the modern equivalent to Greek myths or a Jonathan Swift satire. TDKR is that big, that bitter — a film of grand ambitions and epic achievement. The most eagerly anticipated movie of summer 2012 was worth waiting for.

That could be a summing up of Nolan’s Bruce/Batman, and of The Dark Knight Rises. The movie may not top The Avengers at the worldwide box office, but it is a far, far better thing — maybe the best, most troubling, a.ssured and enthralling of all the superhero movies.
 5 years ago '07        #306
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 JFamis said:
Didn't check, but he really liked MIB3.
 07-16-2012, 12:24 PM         #307
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jett from "Batman-On-Film" gave it a "A+"

Just a tad over 4 years ago in late June of 2008, I walked out of a Los Angeles press screening of THE DARK KNIGHT and said, “There’s no WAY Christopher Nolan can ever top THAT!”
As a result of being totally blown away by the greatness of TDK, I wondered if Mr. Nolan would walk away from the Batman film franchise. Quite frankly, I wouldn’t have blamed him one bit despite being personally disappointed.

Flash forward to early July 2012. I'm again in Los Angeles for an early screening of THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. Obvioulsy, Mr. Nolan did indeed return for another Batman film. Guess, what? Not only did he return, he also did what many -- including yours truly -- thought couldn’t be done: He topped TDK.

Totally.

RISES is the best comic book film ever. It's a great film regardless of genre. "The Dark Knight Trilogy" as a whole is a masterpiece.
 07-16-2012, 12:27 PM         #308
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ight yall... Gotta take a break... My head hurts ... I'll try to do more later...

I think it's safe to say tho that Nolan delivered. Can't wait to see this fukking movie.
 5 years ago '07        #309
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Illstreet said:
Ight yall... Gotta take a break... My head hurts ... I'll try to do more later...

I think it's safe to say tho that Nolan delivered. Can't wait to see this fukking movie.
its looking better than TDK ...
 5 years ago '07        #310
Ole-G 347 heat pts347
space
space
$10,235 | Props total: 13 13
 DaOmega_1 said:

The Dark Knight Rises, Christopher Nolan’s mesmerizing climax to his trilogy reboot of the DC Comics character, is a show, all right. But not in the way of the standard summer action fantasy. Although his movie contains elaborate f!ghts, stunts, chases and war toys, and though the director dresses half his characters in outfits suitable for a Comic-Con revel, Nolan is a dead-serious artist with a world view many shades darker than the knight of the title. The Avengers is kid stuff compared with this meditation on mortal loss and heroic frailty. For once a melodrama with pulp origins convinces viewers that it can be the modern equivalent to Greek myths or a Jonathan Swift satire. TDKR is that big, that bitter — a film of grand ambitions and epic achievement. The most eagerly anticipated movie of summer 2012 was worth waiting for.

That could be a summing up of Nolan’s Bruce/Batman, and of The Dark Knight Rises. The movie may not top The Avengers at the worldwide box office, but it is a far, far better thing — maybe the best, most troubling, a.ssured and enthralling of all the superhero movies.

[pic - click to view]

07-16-2012, 12:33 PM         #311
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Looking piecemeal at “The Dark Knight Rises,” it feels like a movie of profound disillusionment about America that could only be objectively told by someone who’s not a native: Nolan dissects our current financial woes, our clash of cultures, even one-percent-versus-99-percent-style class warfare with a scalpel, a.ssigning culpability to all involved and condemning the whole system as a sort of demagogue-exchange program. From the corporate fat cats to the mouth breathers scraping by on pennies, everyone aspires to change their situation, to triumph over the forces of (sometimes rightful) opposition, or to wipe the slate clean and start again, and their motives are almost unilaterally unclean – either in origin or execution. The film should have its own Faustian bargain counter in the corner of the screen, ticking off bad decisions and foolhardy expectations.
 5 years ago '06        #312
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,789 | Props total: 2314 2314
There's only 1 rotten review on RT for the film. That f*g compared it to Transformers Clearly that c*cksucker is trolling us to gain some fame.
 5 years ago '07        #313
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Ole-G said:

[pic - click to view]

thats been established a long time ago but TDKR should be better than The Avengers.

modalee said:
There's only 1 rotten review on RT for the film. That f*g compared it to Transformers Clearly that c*cksucker is trolling us to gain some fame.
I've seen other people compare Nolan to Michael Bay its ridiculous.
 07-16-2012, 12:48 PM         #314
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee said:
@ this entire post...
 07-16-2012, 12:50 PM         #315
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youknowmystelo said:
Yeah, I thought that paragraph was very promising too...
 5 years ago '05        #316
space
space

[pic - click to view]

07-16-2012, 01:07 PM         #317
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
I really wish I hadn't just skimmed through this review... FUKKKKKKKKKK.

Great Review from a person who wasn't as blown away by "TDK". But still... FUKKKKKKKKKKKKK
 5 years ago '05        #318
space
space
 Illstreet said:
I really wish I hadn't just skimmed through this review... FUKKKKKKKKKK.

Great Review from a person who wasn't as blown away by "TDK". But still... FUKKKKKKKKKKKKK
I didn't read the whole thing. Just some of the first & last paragraph, so I wasn't spoiled.
 5 years ago '05        #319
space
space
There’s an enveloping, inescapable momentum to The Dark Knight Rises, and it’s the key to not just this film but the entire series’ success: no matter how many big things seem to be resolved in the course of one film, they always lead to something bigger in the next. In fact, it’s hard to imagine a more sweeping and epic hybrid of escapism and cultural exploration than Nolan’s third Batman movie, because the groundwork building to it was so deft and ambitious -- and effective – that the It All Comes Down To This feeling the audience experiences is as inevitable as it is overwhelming. And at the same time, Nolan manages to pack one surprise after another into its dense, layered story, which is why The Dark Knight Rises’ inexorable race towards its conclusion makes not only for a satisfying finale to the trilogy, but offers a mic-dropping exclamation point for the first decade of comic book adaptations.
 07-16-2012, 03:04 PM         #320
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MSN - Rating "4/5":

"The Dark Knight Rises," director/co-writer Christopher Nolan's final installment in his groundbreaking pop culture trilogy adapted from the "Batman" comic books, is good enough to make you forget your superhero movie fatigue, in the event that you're suffering from such a condition. And even putting genre considerations aside, this is a pretty well-sustained piece of epic moviemaking. I'm not foolhardy enough to compare Nolan to the David Lean of "The Bridge on the River Kwai" or the Francis Ford Coppola of "Apocalypse Now," but it's pretty clear that the cinematic canvas Nolan aspires to fill is pretty much that size. I don't wanna damn with faint praise by saying something like "he doesn't disgrace himself in trying to fulfill that ambition." It's honestly too soon to tell just how "The Dark Knight Rises" will fit into the epic movie canon.

But it's a very, very good large-scale action/crime movie with a degree in high technology and a will to make you believe in costumed crime f!ghters.
As for what's not to love, or why this movie isn't getting a perfect rating? The movie crams in a little more superhero-movie-as-civics-class stuff than I subjectively needed, although I understand how it's kind of crucial to the larger moral thesis Nolan's trying to attach to his story. Call me parochial, but I'm not sure the world actually needs the Tolstoy of the superhero movie, if such a position is even tenable.

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
136 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
141 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago