Jeremy Lin agrees to terms with the Rockets

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
165 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #81
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,186 | Props total: 17560 17560
 The N said:
That's good and all that but what if LIN says not thanks I want to be the star of a team

I want to bring some excitement and relevance to the Rockets, this might not be about

the money but rather if he gets what he wants from the Knicks. He wouldn't agree to sh*t

with the Rockets if that wasn't the case, real talk be honest you wouldn't want to see

Linsanity as the star/main focal point of a organization?, this dude deserves a chance at

that type of status.
I'd like to see that. but we'll see right? anything's possible. I personally don't believe he ever wanted to leave the knicks. It wont get better than this. a knicks team with woodson a whole season, a consistent identity, and healthy starters is among the top of the league. The rockets wont come close to what we can offer. and sometimes everyone doesnt wanna be the man, they just wanna win.
 5 years ago '05        #82
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,693 | Props total: 2426 2426
 The N said:
Wishful thinking I see.....

all I see in the headlines is Lin has agreed with the Rockets, nothing about him agreeing to anything

matched by the Knicks, he don't need the Knicks man, the knicks don't need him either.

you think Melo going to allow this asian guy to be a big star?, fu*k out of here, that's his team

not this asian guy, you forget how Linsanity happened WITHOUT MELO, soon as he came back

it was all fu*ked.

Gosh Your dumb

Melo was the reason Y he started in the 1st place Dantoni wasn't sold until Melo told him to give him some burn for the Knicks Nets game

Stop Trolling U dumb bitcch

NETSLOST
 5 years ago '08        #83
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,512 | Props total: 17107 17107
 X_WunderKind_X said:
I'd like to see that. but we'll see right? anything's possible. I personally don't believe he ever wanted to leave the knicks. It wont get better than this. a knicks team with woodson a whole season, a consistent identity, and healthy starters is among the top of the league. The rockets wont come close to what we can offer. and sometimes everyone doesnt wanna be the man, they just wanna win.
Well yeah this is all on him now, he agreed to whatever Rockets were offering first though?
you would think the Knicks would had gave with whatever he wanted asap, I don't think he wants to leave either BUT it has to be crossing his mind that he could be a star/face of a team
with a huge Asian community waiting for him in Houston, it will be very interesting to
see what happens with this lin dude, I still say if he stays he must be the starter he deserves that.
 5 years ago '10        #84
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,837 | Props total: 20747 20747
 The N said:
Not at all man, you coming off kinda salty over those facts man chill, no beef just discussions going on.

Just calling it like I see it, you out here making statements like you in the knick Offices, like you wishing/dreaming this doesn't happen or like this would k!ll the knicks off....it wont, they will be alright if he leaves. You got some weird avy there which you said its because of a bet?, did it have anything to do with the Knicks
lol how so?

You said he wants to be a star, you nor I know if this is true. What I do know for certain is he wants his money. We went on a fun winning streak when our star player was injured, playing in a system tailored for a point guard, playing under a coach who gives you the green light to do whatever you want, going against teams that you could make a argument for as okay/subpar/.500 teams & also he had the benefit of nobody knowing who he was other than outshining John Wall in the Summer League.

Then you also said Jeremy Lin is a star and you should surround him. I don't agree with that but I'm not mad at the thinking. IMO he's nothing more than a very good bench player who could win 6th man of the year awards for seasons to come.

And finally you brought up Pringles who is a horrid coach with a gimmick system that won a lot of games because he had specific players that fit his system along with having Steve Nash carry him.

So I'm not dreaming it won't happen or making statements like I'm in the Knicks FO because reports have already came out that we're going to match his contract no matter what & it's also come out that the Rockets worked with the Knicks on the contract offer.

And as far as my avy goes yea I had a avy bet on the Miami/Knicks series. I lost so I gotta sport it till August. No biggie, probably gonna lose another avy & sig bet in the future
 5 years ago '04        #85
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,911 | Props total: 620 620
why n*ggas keep saying jonny flynn in houston lol. that n*gga been gone. hes in portland. but i think courtney fortson might be starting
 5 years ago '11        #86
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,186 | Props total: 17560 17560
 jplaydadon said:
why n*ggas keep saying jonny flynn in houston lol. that n*gga been gone. hes in portland. but i think courtney fortson might be starting
He's not?? damn.

I'll take that L. *takes L*
 5 years ago '08        #87
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
 Bronxbombers said:
Gosh Your dumb

Melo was the reason Y he started in the 1st place Dantoni wasn't sold until Melo told him to give him some burn for the Knicks Nets game

Stop Trolling U dumb bitcch

NETSLOST

You're......man I can't even talk to dudes like you being lemmings and not

you can't even do the sh*t right mayne, let the real dudes do that you coming off

angry for no reason over me putting over the fact Lin a great player and deserves

that next level status, keep lemming have fun but let people have real discussions.
 5 years ago '04        #88
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,878 | Props total: 2933 2933
 The N said:

You're......man I can't even talk to dudes like you being lemmings and not

you can't even do the sh*t right mayne, let the real dudes do that you coming off

angry for no reason over me putting over the fact Lin a great player and deserves

that next level status, keep lemming have fun but let people have real discussions.
its hard to take u serious when ur not comprehending that lin has no say where he plays if we decide to match. who cares if he wants his own franchise? if we match, hes a knick
 5 years ago '08        #89
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
lol how so?

You said he wants to be a star, you nor I know if this is true. What I do know for certain is he wants his money. We went on a fun winning streak when our star player was injured, playing in a system tailored for a point guard, playing under a coach who gives you the green light to do whatever you want, going against teams that you could make a argument for as okay/subpar/.500 teams & also he had the benefit of nobody knowing who he was other than outshining John Wall in the Summer League.

Then you also said Jeremy Lin is a star and you should surround him. I don't agree with that but I'm not mad at the thinking. IMO he's nothing more than a very good bench player who could win 6th man of the year awards for seasons to come.

And finally you brought up Pringles who is a horrid coach with a gimmick system that won a lot of games because he had specific players that fit his system along with having Steve Nash carry him.

So I'm not dreaming it won't happen or making statements like I'm in the Knicks FO because reports have already came out that we're going to match his contract no matter what & it's also come out that the Rockets worked with the Knicks on the contract offer.

And as far as my avy goes yea I had a avy bet on the Miami/Knicks series. I lost so I gotta sport it till August. No biggie, probably gonna lose another avy & sig bet in the future

Good points brought up, we don't know that BUT the dude got taste of that "Star" status and he had to like that, dude was out there giddy as fu*k during the Linsanity, telling others back off I got this on some big star sh*t then hits a clutch 3, not every player has that in them you know. That gimmicky Pringles system is tailored for a PG not every PG it is for players like Lin.

So I don't agree with your status of Lin, he is talented on some low key sh*t but then we all got to see it once they unleashed him. Lin proved if the system is set for him to be the main scorer/go create freely out there with no fear, he proved he can be that star scorer type of player an Asian Nash/D-Rose fusion type sh*t, I just want to see him get that opportunity to do that more and it isn't a shock Rockets thirsty for this dude on a business level it would be great for them.

I know you're saying the news saying knicks will match it and what not but if I were the Knicks I wouldn't get to this level, where the fans questioning what will happen he should of just negotiated whatever with the Knicks firstly listen to some other teams and say no thanks.

Head lines now saying "LIN AGREES TO OFFER SHEET FROM ROCKETS" sh*t has to have casuals not understanding the situation shocked, not knowing it doesn't mean anything YET.

I like Lin man what other player from the Knicks even did anything close to him in terms of excitement, all I can think of is that Novak guy hitting mad 3s they better not let that guy go, locked that shooter asap.

I don't even know what that avy it's about, is it really nekkid lebron in the air holding his balls?, why would he agree to that gay pose/cover?, few more weeks and you out don't have to rock that horrible sh*t that's what upl.
 5 years ago '08        #90
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
 GodsFavorite said:
its hard to take u serious when ur not comprehending that lin has no say where he plays if we decide to match. who cares if he wants his own franchise? if we match, hes a knick
He is a Free Agent though, why act like the Knicks organization has him locked up with a gun to his head?, his performance last year got him to a spot where he can even be in these negotiations if that Linsanity didn't happen he would had been signed with the knicks quietly and it wouldn't be in AP headlines.

why is it one way only, as a Knicks fan I get this isn't going to k!ll the knicks though you do realize that right?. This a negotiation between 3 parties Lin has to decide what to do here not the Knicks, they can make the deal sweeter but what if he decides he doesn't want that deal?. Their is always the possibility of that also that's all I am saying. I rather see him make that next level status become a star/face of a team.

Ya want him to be just a 6th man asian guy while melo out there scoring 30+ face of the knicks and all that, Lin can be that main focal player for the Rockets I am pretty sure that's what they been telling him and why he even talking to them/agreeing to offer sheets.

Last edited by The N; 07-05-2012 at 11:52 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #91
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
He'll come back to earth next year and maybe he won't get that same hype in Houston, because the media circus in NY has a tendency to overrate every player that plays there. Sorry, but half of a season of above average play does not merit the kind of attention and hype this guy gets but because he has the potential to make money in China, ESPN obsesses about him to further the league's agenda like they always do because we all know that ESPN serves as a public relations mechanism for the league.
 5 years ago '07        #92
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 The N said:
Looks like what I told you is going to happen, this dude wants to be A STAR, THE FACE OF A TEAM Rockets with YAO gathered that Asian fanbase, it is still there.

Lin gathered alot as you saw all of sudden Asian dudes in the Parks with their Lin Jerseys on, "LINSANITY" going to Rockets is the perfect fit for him.

Get that money and become the star of the team, surround the dude with other pieces and the Rockets can atleast be noticed this season.

Pringles gave this guy a chance, do the Rockets have a solid Coach because Pringles can go
there if that's the case, he made this Linsanity kid work great under his System no shock since it also made NASH AN MVP.

KNICKS FANS............well ya know
wtf are you talking about son

He's coming back to the Knicks d!cky
 5 years ago '08        #93
JetsLost 18 heat pts18
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 261 261
 INF4MOUS said:
wtf are you talking about son

He's coming back to the Knicks d!cky
I honestly think that n*gga is a retard
 5 years ago '11        #94
GrindPOWER$ 389 heat pts389
space
space
$19,255 | Props total: 12510 12510
good for LIN ball so hard they got to pay me.
 5 years ago '05        #95
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
 Bronxbombers said:
Giving 30mil+ to a PG that can barley be healthy to play no more than 30 Games a Season

KnicksLost

You gonna really act like D'antoni didnt run that n*gga into the ground?

He took him off the end of the bench from never seeing the floor in a season where teams didnt practice, and had him avg over like 39 minutes a game or some crazy sh*t like that...some on back to back nights if im not mistaken

I know its 'knickslost'...but that argument holds no weight
 5 years ago '09        #96
59fifty 
space
space
$22,664 | Props total: 10133 10133
lin coo but i didnt care whether he stayed or not...i want dragic
 5 years ago '04        #97
space
space
space
 The N said:
He is a Free Agent though, why act like the Knicks organization has him locked up with a gun to his head?, his performance last year got him to a spot where he can even be in these negotiations if that Linsanity didn't happen he would had been signed with the knicks quietly and it wouldn't be in AP headlines.

why is it one way only, as a Knicks fan I get this isn't going to k!ll the knicks though you do realize that right?. This a negotiation between 3 parties Lin has to decide what to do here not the Knicks, they can make the deal sweeter but what if he decides he doesn't want that deal?. Their is always the possibility of that also that's all I am saying. I rather see him make that next level status become a star/face of a team.

Ya want him to be just a 6th man asian guy while melo out there scoring 30+ face of the knicks and all that, Lin can be that main focal player for the Rockets I am pretty sure that's what they been telling him and why he even talking to them/agreeing to offer sheets.
He doesn't have to agree. Case closed. This is how restricted free agency works. You let a team set your value knowing it will probably be matched. Some teams will overpay their own player right off the bat (Rudy gay) but most teams let you test the water to see what you're worth. Deandre jordan signed an offer sheet last year with the warriors knowing the clippers would match, but if you don't sign the sheet there's nothing to match

Do you think Lin will hold out or something so that he can be the face of the rockets franchise? Not a chance. And he will be starting, kidd wants to be a backup at this point in his career
 07-06-2012, 09:00 AM         #98
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that boy made it
 5 years ago '08        #99
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
 GodsFavorite said:
He doesn't have to agree. Case closed. This is how restricted free agency works. You let a team set your value knowing it will probably be matched. Some teams will overpay their own player right off the bat (Rudy gay) but most teams let you test the water to see what you're worth. Deandre jordan signed an offer sheet last year with the warriors knowing the clippers would match, but if you don't sign the sheet there's nothing to match

Do you think Lin will hold out or something so that he can be the face of the rockets franchise? Not a chance. And he will be starting, kidd wants to be a backup at this point in his career

Why you guys so afraid to let him go though?, you act like the Knicks would die if he left, this isn't ALLSTAR-MELO if he leaves ya become nervous. But this is LIN a dude that brought some excitement and became the face/star of the knicks in his Linsanity, do ya treat him as that though?, would ya like him to become bigger then melo/stat?.

Ya clearly don't want that and think it Knicks= Melo/Stat, I am looking at him as a player that can become a huge star reach a huge community and he can have that star/face of the team with the Rockets. No longer have to listen to Melo tell him sh*t, he can score more in the season then Melo be an Allstar player. He can just go become his own star. Why ya see that as a bad thing?, the asian community out there need another YAO like Star player NOW, ya want him to be some 3rd fiddle asian guy in the Knicks.

Again ya sound so nervous about this, if he leaves IT WILL BE ALRIGHT, Knicks are not going to die if he leaves, Kidd even at his old age is more molded to help ya offense then Lin, less turnovers...true PG mind, Lin on that SCORER/LEAD STAR mindset. Stop being so nervous and scared of losing Lin, I want to see this guy become bigger then Melo/Stat and be the guy for a team, ya want him to be just another player on the Knicks making melo/stat look good, he deserves to be a star of a team after what he did last year.

If he leaves I wouldn't clown, I would be proud of this guy wanting to expand his NBA career to that next level.

Last edited by The N; 07-06-2012 at 10:34 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #100
space
space
space
 The N said:
Why you guys so afraid to let him go though?, you act like the Knicks would die if he left, this isn't ALLSTAR-MELO if he leaves ya become nervous. But this is LIN a dude that brought some excitement and became the face/star of the knicks in his Linsanity, do ya treat him as that though?, would ya like him to become bigger then melo/stat?.

Ya clearly don't want that and think it should be Melo/Stat, I am looking at him as a player and he can have that star/face of the team with the Rockets. No longer have to listen to Melo tell him sh*t, he can score more in the season then Melo, etc. He can just go become his own star. Why ya see that as a bad thing?, the asian community out there need another YAO like Star player and he can't be some 3rd fiddle guy in the Knicks.

Again ya sound so nervous about this, if he leaves IT WILL BE ALRIGHT, Knicks are not going to die if he leaves, like Kidd even at his old age isn't more molded to help ya offense then Lin that can beE A SCORER/LEAD STAR not some guy dishing out sh*t to Melo/Stat.

Stop being so nervous and scared of losing Lin, I want to see this guy become bigger then Melo/Stat and be the guy for a team, ya want him to be just another player on the Knicks making melo/stat look good, lets see what he does.
youre still missing the point. hes a player who we own the rights to. no one is nervous, but he's our player, why would we let him walk away for nothing. who says he even wants to be the guy? also, a point guards JOB is to get everyone else open looks and make them look good.

but when you said he can score more in a season then melo you lost all credibility
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
33 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
286 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
148 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
54 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
46 comments
24 hours ago