'Spider-Man' Post-Credits Scene: What Just Happened?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
137 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
6057 pageviews
29 comments

SM 38147 heat pts38147
space
space
$127,667 | Props total: 66748 66748
'Spider-Man' Post-Credits Scene: What Just Happened?

[video - click to view]

So, you've seen "The Amazing Spider-Man," right? Good. Because we're about to delve into spoiler territory, and you won't want to join us unless you've seen the film.

Marc Webb's "Spider-Man" reboot accomplishes many things. Chief among them are an incredibly compelling Peter Parker in Andrew Garfield, and equally alluring Gwen Stacy in Emma Stone, and a fantastic Curt Connors as played by Rhys Ifans. The jury is still out on how successful the Lizard was, but the MTV Movies team is happy to still have Connors himself alive and well at the end of "Amazing."

Well ... alive, but maybe not well. The final scene of "Spider-Man," occurring mid-credits, shows Connors incarcerated in a maximum security setting, where he's paid a visit by a mystery man who apparently has inside info on Papa Parker's great disappearing act. That's more information than any of us have, of course; we're sure we're not alone in having left the theater wondering aloud, "What just happened?" But don't bother asking Webb that question; the filmmaker is keeping his lips sealed.

"We wanted to convey that there were more forces at work than you may have initially thought," the director told MTV News about the post-credits scene. "That's all I can say about that. But I invite speculation. I think it's very fun and interesting to listen to."

When asked the same question, Ifans gave a more direct, if not entirely revealing, answer. "Connors is sent to an asylum, a high-security asylum, as you would be if you threw police towers across the Brooklyn Bridge," he said of the scene. "And he's visited by, shall we say, a representative from Oscorp. How he gets into that cell and how he leaves that cell without the guards knowing? We have yet to find out."

Speculation surrounding the "representative's" identity has ranged from the likes of Mysterio and Elektro to the most obvious candidate, Norman Osborn, who plays a big (albeit unseen) role in "Amazing Spider-Man." Neither Webb nor Ifans would confirm the character's identity, though the director did acknowledge that the film features a brief glimpse at Osborn during one early scene.

"There is a silhouette on a display as Peter enters Oscorp, which reads, 'Our founder, Norman Osborn,' " he said. "There is a back story to that ... which I will not reveal to you!"

Though questions still surround the post-credits character's identity, Webb was quick to caution that this figure might not necessarily play a central villain role in the next "Spider-Man" movie. "I am not going to go that far," he said, "but certainly [he] will play a role in the future, in some fashion or another."

[video - click to view]

Another person who might factor into Spidey's future, of course, is Ifans himself; amazingly enough, Connors is still alive at the end of the new "Spider-Man" movie. Asked if he's already signed and sealed to reprise his role in the future, Ifans was expectedly cagey.

"Nothing's written in stone," he said. "But I was pleased to see that I was still alive and breathing at the end of the film."

[pic - click to view]

'Spider-Man' Post-Credits Scene: What Just Happened? - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com

29 comments for "'Spider-Man' Post-Credits Scene: What Just Happened?"

07-04-2012, 03:47 PM         #2
ElMarro10 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It is moments like this that I regret not being a nerd and knowing the details of every Spider Man origin story and every comic n what not...
 5 years ago '12        #3
johnnysnow 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,776 | Props total: 1957 1957
"We wanted to convey that there were more forces at work than you may have initially thought,"

[pic - click to view]

soon?

but they prolly talking about a villain so idk

Last edited by johnnysnow; 07-04-2012 at 04:20 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #4
ceo-of-hucworld 25 heat pts25
space
space
$8,001 | Props total: 9800 9800
just give me a Spiderman movie that has to deal with Maximum Carnage and I am good
 5 years ago '08        #5
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,406 | Props total: 421 421
Sony Studios trying too hard. That scene was horrible.
 5 years ago '07        #6
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,596 | Props total: 904 904
anybody got a link. i didnt stay..
 07-04-2012, 08:23 PM         #7
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ceo-of-hucworld said:
just give me a Spiderman movie that has to deal with Maximum Carnage and I am good
 07-04-2012, 08:50 PM         #8
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Having read spider-man comics for 20 years this is the only character that came to mind watching it.
 07-04-2012, 11:45 PM         #9
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Carnage would be dope, that and venom done right.
 5 years ago '11        #10
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
I thought it was osborne

Or maybe Shocker?

He entered and exited on lightning so that's why I thought about that.
 5 years ago '05        #11
kurtd225 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,535 | Props total: 395 395
i agree i also though it was Osborne
 07-05-2012, 09:48 AM         #12
TheCityOnMyMind 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #13
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
Lol @ spoiler. Clip was in the tv commercials, lol.
 5 years ago '04        #14
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,919 | Props total: 4275 4275
I thought it was Osborne who was utilizing a piece of technology to make that happen..but it very well could be mysterio.
 5 years ago '07        #15
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,775 | Props total: 1296 1296
The credits scene was retarded. Way to fu*king ambiguous. They just threw someone in the shadows for everyone to play"guess who I am".
 07-05-2012, 11:23 AM         #16
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You can tell the guy was old with gray hair..... Maybe Vulture?

This was on wiki also:

Cancelled film

It was reported on December 8, 2009 that John Malkovich was in negotiations to play Vulture in the then-upcoming Spider-Man 4.[62] Malkovich himself confirmed the casting in January 2010.[63] However, production of the movie was subsequently canceled so that the Spider-Man franchise can be rebooted with a different director (Marc Webb) and cast.[64]
 5 years ago '04        #17
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
after credits scene had ZERO hype on it.

Seemed like an afterthought and they did it just cuz Marvel Studios is doing it.

Good movie overall.

Wouldn't mind seeing Vulture, Kraven, or Kingpin in the next one.
 5 years ago '04        #18
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,919 | Props total: 4275 4275
I don't think it could be electro or shocker as they aren't boss enough like that for Connors to fear and there was obviously some familiarity, so to me that's why it had to be osbourne.

I thought they tried to show off a physical feature of he mystery man but it happened so fast.
 07-05-2012, 03:13 PM         #19
ElMarro10 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyone know where to download Marvel Comics for free? Or Amazing Spider Man comics? haha
 5 years ago '04        #20
..:Fame:.. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,116 | Props total: 954 954
 TheCityOnMyMind said:

[pic - click to view]

I fu*kin hope not
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
45 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
96 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
19 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy