Does Rick Ross have any platinum albums?

most viewed right now
 93
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 65
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 48
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 47
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 07-03-2012, 10:54 PM         #21
Francis Schilke  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who gives a fu*k long as he keep the bangers comin
 5 years ago '08        #22
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
avatar space
space
$32,793 | Props total: 12452 12452
 Francis Schilke said:
who gives a fu*k long as he keep the bangers comin
and as long as it keeps them 50 stans v*ginas bleeding...rozay>>>>>>>
 07-03-2012, 11:03 PM         #23
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J-Dogg said:
No one is denying Ross' business acumen or talent scouting instincts, what's being questioned is his ability to make the proverbial "leap" from street rapper to mainstream artist.......and let me make it clear, I like his music, but if it hasn't happened after 15 years in the industry, it's doubtful that it ever will
Who needs to make a LEAP in order to be accepted by Suburban Pop fans when you can make street music with R&B/Soul influences that your own people love?




You want Ross doing duets with Christina Augeleria like T.I.

You want Ross doing duets with Justin Timberlake like 50-Cent

You want Ross to go the Bon Iver Euro-Techno route like Kanye West

You want Ross riding skateboards & doing rock albums like LiL Wayne

You want Ross to begin an album with Luke Steele and end it with Mr Hudson like JayZ

You want Ross to dye his hair blonde and put Natasha Bedingfeild on his album like NickiMinaj



Is a platinum certification that serious in this era that a rapper has to pander and cater to Outsiders to make his music valid?


Can we have one mainstream artist that can give you people Usher & Mariah Carey and have you be satisfied or do we we have to do like Jeezy and make songs with Emenim just to please your sensibilities?


Last edited by Graftedgenes; 07-03-2012 at 11:05 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #24
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
avatar space
space
$11,808 | Props total: 1189 1189
BX has been having a slow day today.....
 5 years ago '10        #25
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$13,966 | Props total: 1795 1795
 Graftedgenes said:
Who needs to make a LEAP in order to be accepted by Suburban Pop fans when you can make street music with R&B/Soul influences that your own people love?




You want Ross doing duets with Christina Augeleria like T.I.

You want Ross doing duets with Justin Timberlake like 50-Cent

You want Ross to go the Bon Iver Euro-Techno route like Kanye West

You want Ross riding skateboards & doing rock albums like LiL Wayne

You want Ross to begin an album with Luke Steele and end it with Mr Hudson like JayZ

You want Ross to dye his hair blonde and put Natasha Bedingfeild on his album like NickiMinaj



Is a platinum certification that serious in this era that a rapper has to pander and cater to Outsiders to make his music valid?


Can we have one mainstream artist that can give you people Usher & Mariah Carey and have you be satisfied or do we we have to do like Jeezy and make songs with Emenim just to please your sensibilities?

nope we just want the C.O to stop actin like he got rich off cocain
 07-03-2012, 11:25 PM         #26
J-Dogg  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Look, your comparison to Jeezy in this scneario is invalid, let's take a look at features they've each used on their 4 albums and you tell me who's reaching more for mainstream acceptance:

Jeezy: Mannie Fresh, Jay-Z (2x), Trick Daddy (2x), Young Buck, Lil' Will, T.I. (3x), Lil' Scrappy, Akon, Bun B, Slick Pulla (2x), Blood Raw, Lloyd, R. Kelly, Timbaland, Keyshia Cole, Anthony Hamilton, Kanye West, Trey Songz, Lil' Boosie, Nas, Fabolous, Jadakiss, Future, 2 Chainz, Ne-Yo, Jill Scott, Snoop Dogg, Devin The Dude, Andre 3000

Ross: Dre, Akon, Mario Winans, Rodney (2x), Lyfe Jennings, Lloyd, Jay-Z (3x), Young Jeezy, Triple C's (2x), Lil' Wayne (3x), Brisco (2x), Mannie Fresh, T-Pain (2x), R. Kelly, Trey Songz (2x), Nelly, Avery Storm (2x), Trick Daddy, Kanye West (2x), John Legend (2x), Magazeen (2x), Nas, Kevin Cossom, The Dream, Robin Thicke, Foxy Brown, Trina, Gunplay, Ne-Yo (2x), Cee-Lo, Jadakiss, T.I., Erykah Badu, Diddy, Gucci Mane, Styles, Chrisette Michele, Drake, Raphael Saadiq




who is trying harder for platinum?
 07-03-2012, 11:30 PM         #27
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beast mode said:
nope we just want the C.O to stop actin like he got rich off cocain
You already got exposed as a Trans3xual so until you prove to is you ain't one then you need to stop acting like a man.


 J-Dogg said:
Look, your comparison to Jeezy in this scneario is invalid, let's take a look at features they've each used on their 4 albums and you tell me who's reaching more for mainstream acceptance:

Jeezy: Mannie Fresh, Jay-Z (2x), Trick Daddy (2x), Young Buck, Lil' Will, T.I. (3x), Lil' Scrappy, Akon, Bun B, Slick Pulla (2x), Blood Raw, Lloyd, R. Kelly, Timbaland, Keyshia Cole, Anthony Hamilton, Kanye West, Trey Songz, Lil' Boosie, Nas, Fabolous, Jadakiss, Future, 2 Chainz, Ne-Yo, Jill Scott, Snoop Dogg, Devin The Dude, Andre 3000

Ross: Dre, Akon, Mario Winans, Rodney (2x), Lyfe Jennings, Lloyd, Jay-Z (3x), Young Jeezy, Triple C's (2x), Lil' Wayne (3x), Brisco (2x), Mannie Fresh, T-Pain (2x), R. Kelly, Trey Songz (2x), Nelly, Avery Storm (2x), Trick Daddy, Kanye West (2x), John Legend (2x), Magazeen (2x), Nas, Kevin Cossom, The Dream, Robin Thicke, Foxy Brown, Trina, Gunplay, Ne-Yo (2x), Cee-Lo, Jadakiss, T.I., Erykah Badu, Diddy, Gucci Mane, Styles, Chrisette Michele, Drake, Raphael Saadiq




who is trying harder for platinum?
Anybody with Emenim singing on a hook is either desperate or delusional.

Were are the POP artists on your list?


...and why Jeezy been in the game 20 years and still aint built his brand or put a young artist on? He seems like the average industry slave that would have a white Crip repping his brand using the N-word.


Last edited by Graftedgenes; 07-03-2012 at 11:38 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #28
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$12,448 | Props total: 1434 1434
Ross aint sold more than kendrick
 5 years ago '04        #29
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$12,448 | Props total: 1434 1434
 Surreality said:
goddamn I kinda miss Grafted's stannery




























SIKE
WHAT HAPPENED TO GRAFTED
 5 years ago '04        #30
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$12,448 | Props total: 1434 1434
 Surreality said:
no idea why but he got decimated
Ron Ron?



BX Squad



or....




some black pavement real sh*t....?

i just wanna thank the parties involved lls.
 03-14-2013, 10:21 AM         #31
J-Dogg  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Where are the pop artists, the man asks:

Akon
Mario Winans
Lyfe Jennings
Lloyd
Jay-Z
Lil' Wayne
T-Pain
R. Kelly
Trey Songz
Nelly
Kanye West
John Legend
The Dream
Robin Thicke
Ne-Yo
Cee-Lo
T.I.
Diddy
Drake
Dr. Dre



Pop enough for you? Ross is talented, and makes good music, but he does tend to lean on guest appearances quite a bit
 5 years ago '10        #32
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053
space
avatar space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
Ross never ran the game...r y'all crazy
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 10
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside Dec 8 - Tom Down! TV One Cancels NewsOne Now Bye Bye Roland
41 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 7
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 5
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy