Does Rick Ross have any platinum albums?

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
33 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-03-2012, 09:10 PM         #1
7525 pageviews
38 comments

hollabizak 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Does Rick Ross have any platinum albums?

He has buzz like crazy most of the time someone has buzz like that,They have atleast one platinum album.

38 comments for "Does Rick Ross have any platinum albums?"

5 years ago '08        #2
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,583 | Props total: 17258 17258
NEVERRRRRRRRRR

Oh and that's Flavor of the month type of buzz, this time the buzz is actually weaker
he isn't even seeing HITS, their is no BMF,Hustlin and whatever else his f*gnatics
thought were Hits.

Lets keep it 1000%, if you ain't Plat after Jay Z cosigns you and then you have 20+
features with other Plat artist from all genres on countless of albums, it ain't happening

The masses ain't fu*king with fake sh*t, once he got exposed as a fraud the after effects
were record sales going down, he can have all the buzz that don't mean sh*t,
1 Million + sales is what labels seek and this fat guy has not delivered that in who knows how many chances now.

Last edited by The N; 07-03-2012 at 09:27 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #3
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,815 | Props total: 1849 1849
Ross is probably the only rapper in the history of rap that "ran" the game for a period of time and never had a platinum album.
 5 years ago '04        #4
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,446 | Props total: 6517 6517
 psylence2k said:
Ross is probably the only rapper in the history of rap that "ran" the game for a period of time and never had a platinum album.
at least when rap music became mainstream
 07-03-2012, 09:28 PM         #5
J-Dogg  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gucci is one of the only other rappers I can think of that was all over the place with features and was getting hype from all corners and couldn't convert that exposure into sales
 5 years ago '04        #6
space
space
 J-Dogg said:
Gucci is one of the only other rappers I can think of that was all over the place with features and was getting hype from all corners and couldn't convert that exposure into sales
what k!lled gucci was he went in and even his buzz wasn't as big
 07-03-2012, 09:39 PM         #7
JayDee11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This platinum nonsense is getting too damn redundant. If this non-platinum artist has built up a big enough presense to be on Forbes, do international tours, gain endorsement deals and have his music abuse audio devices in hood all across the US, why are we barking about platinum? Eminem has one of the worst catalogs in rap history, yet he can sh*t out platinum plaques. What are we really trying to do here?
 07-03-2012, 09:46 PM         #8
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

HELL NO.

He's the only artist thats been on the Forbes List since 2009 that aint got a Platinum album.

This is a new era were WE take control of OUR music and make money without being r*ped by the white-men in suits who run these labels.

Would you rather sell a million albums or make a million dollars
...we all know what T.L.C would say.

Insane Clown Posse, Kid Rock, Paul Wall, Beastie Boys, Everlast, & Vanilla Ice all had Platinum albums but Common, Beanie Sigel, Kool G Rap, Rakim, Black Thought (Roots), and KRS didnt.

We are going to r*pe your labels for budgets and drop non-POP friendly albums that dont go Pop or Platinum and eat off the show money that comes with being GOOD-IN-THE-HOOD.

You gonna feel mighty sad when them White-Suits aint bringing all that Money Home.

Last edited by Graftedgenes; 07-03-2012 at 10:33 PM..
 07-03-2012, 09:59 PM         #9
J-Dogg  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I also don't understand the fixation.......but it'll always come up, because G-Unit & Jeezy fans will always have those numbers to fall back on in debate
 5 years ago '05        #10
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$7,901 | Props total: 5742 5742
 Graftedgenes said:

HELL NO.

He's the only artist thats been on the Forbes List since 2009 that aint got a Platinum album.

This is a new era were WE take control of OUR music and make money without being r*ped by the white-men in suits who run these labels.

Insane Clown Posse, Kid Rock, Paul Wall, Beastie Boys, Everlast, & Vanilla Ice all had Platinum albums but Common, Beanie Sigel, Kool G Rap, Rakim, Black Thought (Roots), and KRS didnt.

We are going to r*pe your labels for budgets and drop non-POP friendly albums that that dont go Pop or Platinum and eat off the show money that comes with being GOOD-IN-THE-HOOD.

You gonna feel mighty sad when them White-Suits aint bringing all that Money Home.

I don't know if you know this but his signed to Def Jam, so his gettin r*ped on the low
 5 years ago '05        #11
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$7,901 | Props total: 5742 5742
 psylence2k said:
what period did he run the "rap game"
 5 years ago '04        #12
space
space
 Emperor85 said:
what period did he run the "rap game"
i guess now but he is not solely running it. its a 3 way tie
 07-03-2012, 10:13 PM         #13
J-Dogg  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The unspoken truth right now in rap is that the two of the biggest names in trap/gangsta rap are both 35 years old (Ross & 2 Chainz) and rose to their positions with a combination of hard work, good timing and the fact that almost everyone else in their lane either fell off or got locked up.............they both drop good music, but facts are facts
 5 years ago '04        #14
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
Jay, Ye, Rozay ?
i was going by labels more than artists
mmg,good,ymcmb

its just weird that two out of the 3 can do something that the other can't

jay and em are never going to lose their spot. they can put out something tomorrow and have people go ape sh!t
 07-03-2012, 10:18 PM         #15
J-Dogg  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
because Jay-Z & Eminem are crossover artists.......what song can Ross go to Top 40 with? he makes good, consistent street music, but he lacks the ability to make a song like "Hypnotize" or "Hard Knock Life".........he's in the same position Wayne was before he dropped "Lollipop", street beloved, on the cusp of mainstream acceptance, but lacking that certified banger to put him all the way over the top
 5 years ago '04        #16
space
space
 J-Dogg said:
because Jay-Z & Eminem are crossover artists.......what song can Ross go to Top 40 with? he makes good, consistent street music, but he lacks the ability to make a song like "Hypnotize" or "Hard Knock Life".........he's in the same position Wayne was before he dropped "Lollipop", street beloved, on the cusp of mainstream acceptance, but lacking that certified banger to put him all the way over the top
ross only got 1 number one single on any chart. its not just the billboard top 100.
either way i'm out of here because we're just going to go in circles like we do every time this comes up
 07-03-2012, 10:31 PM         #17
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Emperor85 said:

I don't know if you know this but his signed to Def Jam, so his gettin r*ped on the low
Its hard to get r*ped when you have your label imprint on UMG and a solo deal on Universal but Im sure an intelligent guy such as yourself can name me some other rappers that have that type of industry deal.

....I guess that explains why MMG have dropped 3 retail albums in the last 14 months while your favorite rapper has been sitting on the shelf since 2009 and holding release-parties for mixtapes that get pushed back.

Chess not checkers
 5 years ago '12        #18
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,476 | Props total: 13020 13020
 Graftedgenes said:
Its hard to get r*ped when you have your label imprint on UMG and a solo deal on Universal but Im sure an intelligent guy such as yourself can name me some other rappers that have that type of industry deal.

....I guess that explains why MMG have dropped 3 retail albums in the last 14 months while your favorite rapper has been sitting on the shelf since 2009 and holding release-parties for mixtapes that get pushed back.

Chess not checkers
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh sh*t lmao

co-sign
 07-03-2012, 10:36 PM         #19
J-Dogg  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No one is denying Ross' business acumen or talent scouting instincts, what's being questioned is his ability to make the proverbial "leap" from street rapper to mainstream artist.......and let me make it clear, I like his music, but if it hasn't happened after 15 years in the industry, it's doubtful that it ever will
 5 years ago '11        #20
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
 Graftedgenes said:

HELL NO.

We are going to r*pe your labels for budgets and drop non-POP friendly albums that dont go Pop or Platinum and eat off the show money that comes with being GOOD-IN-THE-HOOD.

Hallelujah

The tides are turning and MMG is bringing the business model BACK HOME.

The music no longer has to be compromised in order to profit from it. The OUTSIDERS are starting to feel left out, expect more tandrums and knee jerk response threads as they start to realize how insignifant their opinions are on OUR MUSIC.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago