Michael Johnson on why descendants of slaves will take the medals in sprint finals

most viewed right now
 92
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
147 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 68
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 49
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 32
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
71 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #141
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 xrayvisionmedia said:
Slavery ended in the US almost 200 hundred years ago. Why would you still see the results of this "selective breeding" if the descendents of slaves were no longer having their mates chosen by slavemasters? Are you telling me their is a residual effect of selective breeding after discontinuation of about 200 years?
Why wouldn't we still see the effect of that? considering they started off with the most fit slaves coming from Africa to begin with. And now you make them selectively breed for a few hundred years? why wouldn't see the effects of this less than 180 years down the line? And all blacks aren't descendants of slaves, so expecting to see this process with all blacks just isn't going to happen.
 5 years ago '09        #142
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
avatar space
space
$7,998 | Props total: 422 422
 Sheeed said:
There probably isn't ONE gene responsible for athleticism, but you select the most fit slaves and bring them over here, AND then use selective breeding techniques then obviously you could end up with something we see today. It can't be a coincidence that blacks tend to dominate/excel at parts of sports that require the most athleticism

Nobody ever means exactly "one gene" when they say it...

Gene has become a 'Plastikwort'.. It's pretty much metaphorical.
Funny to see people actually take this literally lol
 5 years ago '05        #143
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 xrayvisionmedia said:
I disagree, however if you agree with me on this point the whole "selective breeding theory" is down the drain
What don't you get? different people like different things. Just because someone preference rihanna to melanie fiona doesn't make rihanna more talented than melanie. Since you wan't to use the music analogy, its pretty much common knowledge that rihanna isn't a great singer, and there are MANY people she'll outsell not b/c she's more talented but people prefer her music. It's subjective. You cannot compare that process to one with objective measurements like athleticism
 5 years ago '05        #144
chi town hustla 193 heat pts193
space
avatar space
space
$18,085 | Props total: 19682 19682
nobodys taking the bait ra1n

this is actually good convo back and forth that is a good read
 5 years ago '11        #145
xrayvisionmedia 
space
avatar space
space
$364 | Props total: 14 14
 Sheeed said:
What don't you get? different people like different things. Just because someone preference rihanna to melanie fiona doesn't make rihanna more talented than melanie. Since you wan't to use the music analogy, its pretty much common knowledge that rihanna isn't a great singer, and there are MANY people she'll outsell not b/c she's more talented but people prefer her music. It's subjective. You cannot compare that process to one with objective measurements like athleticism
What I am trying to get you to understand is that black slaves and their descendents created the forms or genres of music we hear today and that are dominant. Rap, rock, soul, r&B , country , jazz were created by blacks. Is this ability in music a result of selective breeding in slavery
 5 years ago '11        #146
xrayvisionmedia 
space
avatar space
space
$364 | Props total: 14 14
Are the whites who dominate Olympic weightlifting a result of selective breeding?
 5 years ago '05        #147
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 xrayvisionmedia said:
What I am trying to get you to understand is that black slaves and their descendents created the forms or genres of music we hear today and that are dominant. Rap, rock, soul, r&B , country , jazz were created by blacks. Is this ability in music a result of selective breeding in slavery
That has nothing to do with selective breeding. If anything its a cultural thing that African's brought over to the western hemisphere with them. And adapted/made changes to create the genres you mentioned. There are vast differences between the music of different cultures. They have classes on this. Just b/c people buy this music doesn't make it superior to other forms of music blacks/africans didn't have their hands on.
 5 years ago '05        #148
worldrecords 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,012 | Props total: 29 29
Dang ! where is the love for east africans ! i was born in kenya but built like a beast
 5 years ago '05        #149
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 xrayvisionmedia said:
Are the whites who dominate Olympic weightlifting a result of selective breeding?
Again...how many blacks compete in sports like power lifting compared to football and basketball.


Blacks are GREATLY outnumbered in the sports they tend to participate in. But why is it that at the highest levels, you see more blacks than any other race? just coincidence?
 5 years ago '11        #150
xrayvisionmedia 
space
avatar space
space
$364 | Props total: 14 14
 Sheeed said:
That has nothing to do with selective breeding. If anything its a cultural thing that African's brought over to the western hemisphere with them. And adapted/made changes to create the genres you mentioned. There are vast differences between the music of different cultures. They have classes on this. Just b/c people buy this music doesn't make it superior to other forms of music blacks/africans didn't have their hands on.
Ok, my theory is that blacks brought their athletic ability over to the West. No one suggests central and east Africans are such great distance runners because of slavery. They are just great runners
 07-03-2012, 07:31 PM         #151
CS35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J.R. Hyphy said:
think about it like this:

SPORTS IS ONE THING YOU CANNOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST PEOPLE IN. You say look this is a competition in which all people can compete, go....

NBA, NFL, MLB, TENNIS, GOLF USED TO BE ALL WHITE, WHEN THEY LET BLACK FOLKS IN WE DOMINATED.

BLACK PEOPLE HAVE "THE BIGGEST LIPS, THE BIGGER d!ckS , BIGGER BUTTS, BIGGER HAIR, THE BEST SKIN, THE BEST DANCERS, THE MOST RHYTHM, THE MOST STYLE " ETC ETC...THESE ARE ALL ACCEPTED IN OUR SOCIETY.

IF BLACK PEOPLE WERE LET INTO FACETS OF LIFE LIKE LAW, HIGHER EDUCATION, MEDICAL FIELDS, SCIENCE, AS EQUALLY AS WHITES ARE LET IN...WE WOULD DOMINATE.

BLACK PEOPLE ARE THE ORIGINAL PEOPLE, AND THIS WOULD BE SHOWN IF WE WERE NOT IN THIS WHITE SUPREMACIST WORLD. GET MAD IF YOU WANT BUT ITS NO COINCIDENCE AND ITS HARD FOR EVEN BLACKS TO UNDERSTAND IT AS YOU n*ggaS ATTRIBUTE ALL OF THIS GREATNESS TO SLAVERY.

ITS IN YOUR DNA TO BE GREAT, YOU ARE A REFLECTION OF THE CREATOR...IT ALL STARTED IN AFRICA.

LOOK AT EGYPT AND THE GREAT EMPIRES OF ANCIENT AFRICA LIKE MALI AND ETHIOPIA BEFORE THE SLAVE TRADES....WE ARE DESTINE TO BE GREAT. AND THIS IS NOT TO KNOCK WHITES ITS TO SHOW BLACK FOLKS WHERE THEY COME FROM.
 xrayvisionmedia said:
What I am trying to get you to understand is that black slaves and their descendents created the forms or genres of music we hear today and that are dominant. Rap, rock, soul, r&B , country , jazz were created by blacks. Is this ability in music a result of selective breeding in slavery


Foh I'll give you jazz soul and cRap, you ain't gettin country or rock
 5 years ago '05        #152
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 xrayvisionmedia said:
Ok, my theory is that blacks brought their athletic ability over to the West. No one suggests central and east Africans are such great distance runners because of slavery. They are just great runners
There is a reason why they are great runners. A majority of Kenyan runners that medal in the olympics, come from a particular region of kenya that is significantly above sea level. Im not going to get into what that does to the body but it in order to avoid hypoxia at high altitude the body makes more RBCs which carry O2. Now what do you think happens you come down to sea level? you have an advantage b/c you have more RBCs to deliver more 02 to muscles...somewhat similar to the idea of blood doping used to cheat in sports. They even run to school out there. Observed differences in sports do not happen by accident.

I don't agree with that theory either. Otherwise you wouldn't see the most athletically demanding areas of sports dominated by people who were likely descendants of slaves
 5 years ago '08        #153
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$12,945 | Props total: 5501 5501
This whole thread jumped the shark a long time ago.

Bottom line is that your natural size and genetics are what you're getting from your parents.

That being said I really believe that when it comes to sports and anything physical, any person can achieve crazy levels with the right mentality and intelligence when it comes to training. I've been in and around athletics, training, fitness, etc. for like 15 years and that's the one constant you see with people who are just on another level.

Look at Bruce Lee. Is anyone going to tell me there was a better athlete? And he was a 5'4 asian man.
 5 years ago '05        #154
chi town hustla 193 heat pts193
space
avatar space
space
$18,085 | Props total: 19682 19682
 corys35 said:


Foh I'll give you jazz soul and cRap, you ain't gettin country or rock
it is a known fact that rock n roll was created by a black man and its roots come from black music


chuck berry
 07-03-2012, 07:41 PM         #155
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BrookLynnStiles said:
hockey is next
TRRRRUE
[pic - click to view]

 5 years ago '05        #156
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 SlickJ101 said:
This whole thread jumped the shark a long time ago.

Bottom line is that your natural size and genetics are what you're getting from your parents.

That being said I really believe that when it comes to sports and anything physical, any person can achieve crazy levels with the right mentality and intelligence when it comes to training. I've been in and around athletics, training, fitness, etc. for like 15 years and that's the one constant you see with people who are just on another level.

Look at Bruce Lee. Is anyone going to tell me there was a better athlete? And he was a 5'4 asian man.
you could train you entire life for the 200m...if you don't have the genetic make up you're not going to run exceptionally fast.
 5 years ago '08        #157
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$12,945 | Props total: 5501 5501
 corys35 said:


Foh I'll give you jazz soul and cRap, you ain't gettin country or rock
fu*kin let someone else have country. That sh*t is like cancer to my eardrums.
 5 years ago '08        #158
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$12,945 | Props total: 5501 5501
 Sheeed said:
you could train you entire life for the 200m...if you don't have the genetic make up you're not going to run exceptionally fast.
When it comes to running, to an extent you're right in that you can't teach speed.

But having that much more speed than someone else isn't generally a huge factor when it comes to the NFL, NBA, etc.

It's not all that often that the fastest guy there is automatically the best player there.
 5 years ago '08        #159
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$12,945 | Props total: 5501 5501
I mean do you honestly look at guys like MJ or Ray Lewis and go, they were the best bc of their natural ability?

I don't. Is that a part of it? Sure. But what really sets those guys apart is their mentality and work ethic, imo.
 07-03-2012, 07:50 PM         #160
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Black people are naturally better at developing their fast twitch muscles.It's not a gene.Same reason why black chicks are naturally "thick" in the thigh and a.ss.That's why we're dominant in track.

The reason black people are less likely to become dominant in swimming isn't because black people can't swim,it's because our bones are more dense compared to whites.Nothing to do with slavery and breeding.

Can't we all just get along?
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 25
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 22
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside dannielledai
4 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside If big tiddies and a phat ass aren't your cup of tea, then this isn't ..
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 5
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 4
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy