Rick Ross - Hold Me Back (New God Forgives, I Donít Single)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
15 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
33 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #161
arkansas@$$hole 
space
space
$909 | Props total: 786 786
I don't think the word Chorus is a part of rap any more. For songs like this I'll use the term "Repeat" in place of hook/chorus.
 07-02-2012, 08:50 PM         #162
crushel 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is his 10th single this fat boy is gunna flop hard
 5 years ago '04        #163
Krypt 3 heat pts
space
space
$8,318 | Props total: 266 266
holy sh*t! this is a real song, thought it was a parody
 5 years ago '05        #164
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
damn ross is taking L's with this one. see wat happen when u push your sh*t back. only a few n*ggas can push they sh*t back
 5 years ago '08        #165
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,104 | Props total: 23319 23319
 NotoriousKCK said:

To truly survive in the world of hip-hop and have a long career, you must be an artist who is willing to adapt and evolve your sound. If you're a rapper who only knows how to make two kinds of songs, you might have a few hits and be the hot flavor of the month but you won't last more than a couple of years. Hip-hop, maybe more than any other genre of music, is full of these artists throughout its short history. Recently, artists like Nelly, Ludacris, and even 50 Cent could hold claim to being the most popular rapper on the planet for a time... but all of them have experienced a drastic fall-off in popularity, and it's for that reason - their hit songs captured a single period, but none of them were talented enough (or at least willing) to adapt to new song ideas, and their music got played out. They could only make the same song so many times. I thought for a moment that Ross might be able to be one of the few hip-hop artists to buck this trend - Teflon Don showed that much promise, basically out of nowhere - but it's appearing now that he might be headed for the same fate as those other rappers who were too popular to be called flashes in the pan, but not creative enough to be considered true hip-hop legends.
50, Nelly, and Ludacris fell off because the music wasn't as good when they changed their sounds. Ross changed his sound and the music got better, the problem now is that the hooks aren't as catchy. If this hold me back record had a good catchy hook we wouldn't be saying he fell off right now, we'd be saying he caught a second wind.

Last edited by Arson; 07-02-2012 at 09:13 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #166
kenoe212004 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,298 | Props total: 3756 3756
this god forgive I dont album gon be crack I hope theres more trap beats on it this is where its at in the hood an streets n*ggas gon be goin dumb to this in they whips an sh*t cuzz this sh*t to turnt up.....

Rozay In His Prime Mode!!!!
 5 years ago '04        #167
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,900 | Props total: 1128 1128
wait.

LMAOOOOO

awwww man.

"actin' up" part 2.

why did i just prop SM?

*commits e-suicide*
 5 years ago '10        #168
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,681 | Props total: 200 200
beat sounds like it's straight off soundclick.com

HORRIBLE.
 5 years ago '08        #169
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,534 | Props total: 17168 17168
10 pages of Harsh facts presented, Roberts is going downhill

GraftedFAGgenes LOST

Last edited by The N; 07-02-2012 at 09:41 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #170
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,734 | Props total: 604 604
 NotoriousKCK said:
Those five would all fall under the luxury, which is accented by pianos, strings, and layers of keyboards.

Their trap songs literally ALL sound almost identical.... there's nothing wrong with any of the beats, but it's getting to the point where I can't differentiate one of these "trap" beats from another.

MMG makes exactly TWO kinds of songs, and they almost all follow the exact same pattern, from the lyrics to the beats. Which is okay if the songs are good (and lots of them are solid), but it's not okay if you want to stay relevant in hip-hop and have longevity. And, as we all know, the hip-hop fan is the most fickle music fan on earth.

Ross is obviously encountering 50 Cent levels of desperation, attempting to find a successful lead single for "God Forgives, I Don't." The problem with the songs that he is releasing is that everybody has heard them before twenty times, whether it be the obligatory trap song or the obligatory female song. And they're getting tired of it. The law of diminishing returns is not in Ross' favor right now, which is a shame since for awhile it seemed like he was really turning the corner from a middling drug rapper who released decent singles to a true hip-hop king who knew how to make great albums. Teflon Don was SO close to being the epic that he obviously envisioned it; it gave me great hope that God Forgives, I Don't would be even better and a true classic for him. Unfortunately, all the singles (as well as his mixtape work and Maybach Music compilation albums) since then lead me to believe that he's stuck in a rut creatively, and literally has no idea to get himself (or his label) out of the two sounds that they buried themselves under.

To truly survive in the world of hip-hop and have a long career, you must be an artist who is willing to adapt and evolve your sound. If you're a rapper who only knows how to make two kinds of songs, you might have a few hits and be the hot flavor of the month but you won't last more than a couple of years. Hip-hop, maybe more than any other genre of music, is full of these artists throughout its short history. Recently, artists like Nelly, Ludacris, and even 50 Cent could hold claim to being the most popular rapper on the planet for a time... but all of them have experienced a drastic fall-off in popularity, and it's for that reason - their hit songs captured a single period, but none of them were talented enough (or at least willing) to adapt to new song ideas, and their music got played out. They could only make the same song so many times. I thought for a moment that Ross might be able to be one of the few hip-hop artists to buck this trend - Teflon Don showed that much promise, basically out of nowhere - but it's appearing now that he might be headed for the same fate as those other rappers who were too popular to be called flashes in the pan, but not creative enough to be considered true hip-hop legends.

This n*gga wrote a term paper
 5 years ago '05        #171
DipsetSoulja 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,181 | Props total: 3094 3094
Lol it bumps...but C'mon rozay...He shoulda just released Rich Forever as his album that sh*t still gets spins.
 5 years ago '04        #172
mpmastamind510 40 heat pts40
space
space
$3,031 | Props total: 1739 1739
 07-02-2012, 09:58 PM         #173
gxh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
same formula every album wack mediocre tracks leak..the good ones dont..he hasnt failed to deliver thus far...
 5 years ago '06        #174
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,224 | Props total: 5033 5033
sh*t was all good just a year ago when this n*gga was laughing at Jeezy getting pushed back

putting out sh*t like this will make Ross get pushed back just as long
 5 years ago '07        #175
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,954 | Props total: 5869 5869
I'm still waiting on the explanation of this 2010 sounding track
 5 years ago '06        #176
~DMX911~ 
space
space
$1,287 | Props total: 0 0
lmao i swear since bmf every fu*king track from him sounds the same
 5 years ago '06        #177
codizzle101 1 heat pts
space
space
$563 | Props total: 45 45
heard this like 40 times before ...
 5 years ago '06        #178
codizzle101 1 heat pts
space
space
$563 | Props total: 45 45
same beat same raps same flow same sh*t
 5 years ago '10        #179
ReelCeasar 182 heat pts182
space
space
$6,028 | Props total: 4293 4293
I looked in my fridge that sh*t looking scarce... Ross tryna sound like Chief Keef...IDONTLIKE
 07-02-2012, 10:32 PM         #180
Phillipmcd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ~DMX911~ said:
lmao i swear since bmf every fu*king track from him sounds the same
Exactly. Ross really needs to go back to making music with beats like

[video - click to view]

I don't know what happened. Ross has one of the best ears for beats, now he grabs every beat Lex Luger has in his recycling bin
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
226 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
46 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now