Why is NBA 2K12 so damn difficult?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
52 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #21
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
 djinferno said:
thing is, the collision detection is very poor
this...if you turbo into the lane...you dont stand a chance
 5 years ago '04        #22
yo baby daddy 
space
space
$796 | Props total: 27 27
The computer kinda cheats you on Hall of fame, because they make alot of shots, even on good defense. My advice is play on Pro or rookie. Maybe all-star if your the casual 2k player. Use your icons to pass, because they are more accurate. Stay on your man, or let the computer guard while you guard the lanes. Take Mid-range jumpers, those go in at a high percentage.
 5 years ago '11        #23
Dray 1187 heat pts1187
space
space
$59,307 | Props total: 25127 25127
HALL OF FAME ONLINE
 5 years ago '12        #24
iSpeakGenius 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,594 | Props total: 17 17
What also helps is the game type...underneath the difficulty should be another setting that says default. Change that to either simulation or casual. Simulation makes the CPU be a bit more realistic in shooting percentages. Casual will allow you to make more shots and keep momentum on your side for longer. Shots are based on release on the causal setting.

Now if this doesn't help.....

You jus might.....

actually....

SUCK!!! Maybe play NHL 12?
 07-02-2012, 11:32 PM         #25
more_fya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I haven't won a game yet against a real person and I think I might have won one maybe two games against the computer. I haven't played the game in months because I'm a sore loser. .
 5 years ago '05        #26
Left Hook 28 heat pts28 OP
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1671 1671
Didn't think I'd get much of a response, but thanks to everyone for giving me some tips and advice. Probably worth telling you all that I just bought the game last week and started playing two days ago. I played a bit of 2K11 last year, but didn't really have the time to learn. Thought I'd give 2K12 a go this year and learn a bit.

My main complaint is just that it has such a steep learning curve for a sports game. Higher than any others I've played. I bumped it up to Superstar today and I lost by about 10 points, playing with the Knicks against the Grizzlies, so it wasn't too far off the All-Star difficulty. I'll obviously stick with All-Star until I can win by a good margin before going up any further.

I think I improved my post game today, so I had a chance to lead for a bit. Also taking more time with my possessions, rather than just rushing around, passing and shooting. Still need to work on driving to the basket (this is hard as hell when everyone just crowds around the same area, waiting for you to come up so they can block your layups), but hopefully I'll get there soon.

It's crazy how many shots the CPU gets from the 3 pt line though when I put it up to Superstar, regardless of them being guarded.
 5 years ago '11        #27
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
You just suck stick to soccer
 5 years ago '08        #28
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,277 | Props total: 13647 13647
 ineedmusic23 said:
I find it hard sometimes to beat even All-Star difficulty. they seem to make everything too.
This i never play offline tho so its not that big of a problem 4 me...............on a sidenote how is top spin?i've been wanting a tennis game since i first played virtua tennis 2 but i never really got around to it
 5 years ago '06        #29
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,404 | Props total: 961 961
 dj ac said:
This i never play offline tho so its not that big of a problem 4 me...............on a sidenote how is top spin?i've been wanting a tennis game since i first played virtua tennis 2 but i never really got around to it
top spin is funnnnnnnnn but no1 has the game
 5 years ago '05        #30
space
space
Hiphopknowledge/Kingpin 313, can't see what you wrote, blocked you a while ago

dj ac said:
Top Spin 4 is a good game, man, go get it. If you're interested in a tennis game in the slightest, definitely go for Top Spin 4. I pretty much own every tennis game under the sun, from the old Virtua Tennis games, the Smash Courts, Top Spin to the newer Grand Slam Tennis games by EA (even got the first GST for the Wii).

Top Spin 4 is pretty much the NBA 2K12 of tennis games. TS3 had a steeper learning curve (and is much harder to get into if you're not too into tennis), but TS4's mechanics are easy enough for you to just start hitting. I wouldn't say TS4 is dumbed down since it feels more natural and organic to play, but it doesn't involve much of the technicalities TS3 had.

Oh, and don't bother with Virtua Tennis 3, 2009, or 4. They're really arcade-y.

On another note, I had better luck using the Mavs. Delonte West is money from the 3 point line Got him on a 15 point run and ended up with 28 points with him, 12 with Dirk and the rest were even across the rest of the team. I'll be sticking with the Mavs for now
 5 years ago '09        #31
husky meat 59 heat pts59
space
space
$4,864 | Props total: 1322 1322
I got drafted to OKC and we won the championship 3 years in a row
 5 years ago '07        #32
JWilliams 21 heat pts21
space
space
$1,499 | Props total: 96 96
Yea it is more annoying than hard. The computer are mind readers. The sh*t that k!lls me the most is the shot clock buzzer beaters. Play great D for 24 seconds and them bi*ches will throw a fade-a-way three pointer in your face....SWISH
 5 years ago '11        #33
superdrunken 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,849 | Props total: 82 82
2k makes me so tight lol . I do NOT understand why there are some of the animations there are, just absolutely makes no sense why they are even in the game at all.
 5 years ago '05        #34
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,901 | Props total: 30146 30146
ive been playing on hof since 2k8 and this is the most difficult and annoying game i have ever played

i had the game for 3 months and still cant find realistic sliders until a couple of hours ago

the computer defense is good but the computers defense on my team is terrible

i feel like breaking that sh*t.
 5 years ago '05        #35
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,901 | Props total: 30146 30146
i want the 2k11 system with 2k12 graphics and etc.

the passing is horrible i had to turn the cpu hands down to 30
 07-04-2012, 05:41 AM         #36
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My Player on HOF is impossible. You can show me footage and my mind still will refuse to believe it. I get beat by 30 every game. My computer players are horrible, and all the computer players on the other team are the fu*king Dream Team. fu*k that game, if anybody think it's close to "real life basketball" don't know much about basketball.
 5 years ago '05        #37
space
space
Just won my first game on All-Star Bulls v Pacers, 53-50. Was down 50-51 during the last 20 seconds of the game, went up with D. Rose to do a layup, realised he was being double teamed, passed to Deng at the 3pt line and made the shot.

Actually, that whole Q4 was clutch. I was down by almost 10 points by the 4th and had to rally back into the game. Pulled some good a.ss layups by the last couple of minutes.

Best feeling ever, to win after learning and losing for 3 days straight. Didn't even try to beat Pro, just went to All-Star, believing I could do it Rose with 43 points, he like at the Pacers team.
 5 years ago '11        #38
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
The CPU defense on this game is ridiculous. I hate playing with the clippers because CP3 layups get blocked every time unless you pumpfake 1000 times before you go up.
 5 years ago '06        #39
FreeBigga 202 heat pts202
space
space
$16,886 | Props total: 6956 6956
How do you reach Hall of Fame online??? I have almost 300 W's & only 40 L's
Most of those loses were due to bad connection smh
 5 years ago '05        #40
space
space
 HipHop Since 93 said:
The CPU defense on this game is ridiculous. I hate playing with the clippers because CP3 layups get blocked every time unless you pumpfake 1000 times before you go up.
True that. Rose had to do a few pump fakes and spins before getting one layup in. Used the Heats for the first time just then and for the hell of it played against the Cavs and pretty much destroyed them. Went up by like 18 by the 4th Quarter. LeBron's layups are much easier to execute; he's pretty much godly in this game. Start sprinting from the halfway line, slow down by the 3pt line, juke, then re-accelerate, hold the shot stick forward and he's pretty much flying over everyone else.

Chalmers with the steals though Dude had like 3 steals in one quarter just then
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
59 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
34 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
88 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy