Beyonce PISSED Over Lauryn Hill Diss at BET Awards

most viewed right now
vida guerra
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
22 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #61
agentspits.com 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,031 | Props total: 747 747
lol @ getting mad at that joke

5 years ago '04        #62
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,446 | Props total: 6517 6517
 Awhite87 said:
Some of ya'll are the most ignorant. Lauryn Hill is someone who actually stood up for what she believed in. And just to be correct she had two solo albums. Miseducation and Unplugged. And lets not forget there were two fugee albums the second which went on to sell 15 million albums worldwide

She obviously has had some demons to overcome. Just listen to Talib Kweli "Ms. Hill".

The fact of the matter is a bunch of 13 or 14 year olds who havent done sh*t and would be fortunate to have a quarter of the impact Lauryn has had should keep their mouths shut. AND knowing that many of the artists there respect her, her craft, and some of her beliefs the joke was in very bad taste.

And one last note, she is going thru this right now. Her future still hangs in the balance it is def not the right time to be joking on her or anyone going through something.
mj got worse jokes thrown at him and he had more impact than probably anybody.
i swear when did lauryn hill get put on this high a.ss pedestal. she is not dead

Last edited by justinjones; 07-02-2012 at 02:11 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #63
IceMan 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,407 | Props total: 1 1
Fyi:

Fergie>>>lauryn hill
 5 years ago '08        #64
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,113 | Props total: 23356 23356
fu*k outta here. That sh*ts hilarious.
 5 years ago '10        #65
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,878 | Props total: 13674 13674
Props to Bey and thats rare coming from me.
fu*k is a mindless behavior?
the music bizz is sooo fu*ked right now, it's beyond laughable
 5 years ago '06        #66
RAZAH CUTS 5844 heat pts5844
space
space
$54,096 | Props total: 18949 18949
don't get mad at them lil' fu*ks...

they were just reciting a script...

be mad at BET...
 07-02-2012, 02:10 PM         #67
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Awhite87 said:
Some of ya'll are the most ignorant. Lauryn Hill is someone who actually stood up for what she believed in. And just to be correct she had two solo albums. Miseducation and Unplugged. And lets not forget there were two fugee albums the second which went on to sell 15 million albums worldwide

She obviously has had some demons to overcome. Just listen to Talib Kweli "Ms. Hill".

The fact of the matter is a bunch of 13 or 14 year olds who havent done sh*t and would be fortunate to have a quarter of the impact Lauryn has had should keep their mouths shut. AND knowing that many of the artists there respect her, her craft, and some of her beliefs the joke was in very bad taste.

And one last note, she is going thru this right now. Her future still hangs in the balance it is def not the right time to be joking on her or anyone going through something.

oh please, i grow up on her sh*t and shes overrated...she a had a good album and turned into a as*hole. she aint no legend
 5 years ago '12        #68
Izg0d 
space
space
$789 | Props total: 13 13
 ShaDy 6.1.9 said:
i doubt those little kids were the ones that actually thought of/wrote the diss as part of the script...could have been mike epps, could have been someone from BET...but someone was taking a shot at her situation...those kids probably dont even know who lauryn hill is, they simply read what they were told to

YEA SAMTHING I THOUGHT 2 SUMONE ELS WROTE THAT JOKE...sh*t WAS NOT KOOL..
 07-02-2012, 02:12 PM         #69
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dudes roasted Greg Giraldo after he died but motherfu*kers can't take a slight jab at Lauryn Hill?

5 years ago '11        #70
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,412 | Props total: 3975 3975
It may not be funny, but it definitely wasn't a low blow. People need to not be so fu*king sensitive, expecially folks in the spotlight. And pay your fu*king taxes moron's.

Lauryn Hill was the most amazingly talented woman on earth for like 5 years. That sh*t is long gone. Get over it.
 5 years ago '04        #71
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,568 | Props total: 2427 2427
It's really not that serious
 07-02-2012, 02:22 PM         #72
*Missy* 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if u think this joke was bad u should hear the thousands of other jokes about even bigger celebs and legends. That was no where near as bad or disrespectful as yall n*ggas makin it out to be
 5 years ago '11        #73
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Awhite87 said:

Silence yourself sir.

A person's beliefs makes them exempt from any type of jarring? I can't make fun of her cause of her beliefs and the music she makes. YOU and people like you are the problem. Everybody has beliefs, b. I don't have to agree with yours. I can believe her beliefs are idiotic. Just like how I believe your belief on how she's untouchable cause of the music she makes is idiotic.

Making fun of something that someone can't change about themselves is in bad taste. Making fun of a person's sickness or disability, can be considered bad taste. Most comedy is in bad taste. Making fun of someone's inability or just not caring in regards to how they handle their finances is so tame it's not even funny.
 07-02-2012, 02:33 PM         #74
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Y'all do know them kids didn't write that weak a.ss joke right? I don't like the lil n*ggas, I never liked any boy bands, but if you think they even know who LH is you're crazy. BET staff came up with that bullsh*t Just like when Sam said a horrible joke while announcing the next act he said "i didn't write that"
 5 years ago '11        #75
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 justinjones said:
mj got worse jokes thrown at him and he had more impact than probably anybody.
i swear when did lauryn hill get put on this high a.ss pedestal. she is not dead
This so fu*kin much.
 5 years ago '06        #76
PoetikTrev 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,691 | Props total: 71 71
Doesnt Beyonce have better things to do like claim fake pregnancies and rent out whole hospital floors?
 5 years ago '07        #77
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,452 | Props total: 16228 16228
sure those presenter speeches are pre-written..by BET writers
 5 years ago '05        #78
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
Them lil n*ggaz aint write that sh*t though.

They dont even know who Lauryn Hill is.
 07-02-2012, 02:42 PM         #79
360crazy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AK2 said:
so what I am getting from a certain fellow in this thread is that it is ok to disrespect someone because of their failings as a person and pass it of as a joke.
YUP! and who gon stop me! HUH?!?!?
 5 years ago '09        #80
MS KRISSI lpe33 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$12,019 | Props total: 7802 7802
 AK2 said:
so what I am getting from a certain fellow in this thread is that it is ok to disrespect someone because of their failings as a person and pass it of as a joke.
It is not fair but how do you think comedians/writers make money?

Comedians, Movies, TV Shows etc always have and always will insert said (fu*ke.d up) joke whether it be cold, harsh or down right dirty. Like Kat Williams hasn't made harsh jokes about Michael Jackson and like Cedric the Entertainer didn't make many jokes on Fantasia having a speech impediment and couldn't read.

Do you really think those kids "created" that joke? No. BET/Writers did that, they just did their job. The Entertainment that we look at is not about "peace" and "humbleness" as that doesn't sale. BS, drama etc sales. Got to give the people something to talk about. Screwed up? OF course.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
93 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
173 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
53 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
21 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy