Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
37 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
67 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #1
7107 pageviews
98 comments

CaLis LEGACY 77 heat pts77
space
space
$1,874 | Props total: 350 350
Dwight Howard: I'll re-sign with only one team

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Dwight Howard: I'll re-sign with only one team - Yahoo! Sports

Orlando Magic star Dwight Howard told Yahoo! Sports he will not re-sign with a team outside his preferred list that trades for him, and emphatically denied that he ever used the term "blackmail" to describe how Magic officials convinced him to waive his early termination option.

As the Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets and other teams prepare possible trade offers for him, Howard told Yahoo! by phone that, "There’s only one team on my list and if I don’t get traded there, I'll play the season out and explore my free agency after that."

Howard wouldn’t specify the team, but multiple league sources believe that it is the Brooklyn Nets.

Howard also denied an ESPN report that he had told people Orlando Magic officials had “blackmailed” him into forgoing the early termination option on his contract that ultimately cost him his free agency this summer.

"I never used the word blackmail in reference to any of my dealings with the Magic," Howard said. “I never said that. It’s defamatory and it’s inaccurate. I know what blackmail means and any report that I used the term incorrectly is inaccurate."

Howard met with new Magic general manager Rob Hennigan on Friday in Los Angeles, and said he told Hennigan of his desire to be traded. However, Howard insisted he was merely repeating a position he had made clear to Magic officials since waiving his ETO in March.

"This was not the first time [that I asked for trade]," Howard said. "I communicated this to [Magic president] Alex [Martins] and [former general manager] Otis [Smith] way before Friday that I wanted to be traded – months before this meeting with Rob Hennigan. That was all way before Stan [Van Gundy] got fired."

Howard is rehabilitating from back surgery, and wouldn’t speculate on whether he could be prepared to return for the start of the regular season. Howard had a herniated disk repaired, and sizable fragments of bone removed on April 20. Before the diagnosis that Howard would require season-ending surgery late in the Magic's regular season, Howard had heard the suggestions inside and outside the organization that perhaps he wasn’t truly injured, that maybe he had bailed on his team.

"I’ve never faked anything," Howard told Yahoo! Sports. "I’d never fake a back injury to not play for my team. I played a lot of games in a lot of pain, and there were times that I was crying in the locker room afterward because I was so seriously hurt. But I kept f!ghting. I’ve played with a cracked sternum in the past, and played with a lot of different [injuries].

"This time, I couldn't play. Regardless of what people say, 'Hey, you’re Superman,' I'm a man. I bleed. And I have bones, too. And something happened that I couldn’t control.

"It really upset me that anyone would say that I was doing something out of spite for my team or my city. I have the utmost respect for the Magic organization, for the people of Orlando. Everything I did was from my heart, and I would never do anything to betray my city."

Howard discussed something else that had become synonymous with his season, and that was the bizarre April 5 shootaround in Orlando when his former coach, Stan Van Gundy, told reporters that Orlando management had informed him that Howard had requested his firing. The video of Howard walking into a scrum of reporters, unaware of what Van Gundy had said, went viral. Ultimately, it became a flashpoint of criticism toward Howard.

When asked if he felt set up, Howard told Yahoo! Sports: “I did. I had no clue about what had happened, about what he had said. I wanted to clear it up that this was not what was happening behind closed doors, and I stepped into something that I didn’t know how to handle. It hurts me to this day, thinking about how people were saying these things about me, calling me, "a coach k!ller," and all this crazy stuff. It upset me, it hurt a lot."

fu-k em then

No Extension No trade image

98 comments for "Dwight Howard: I'll re-sign with only one team"

5 years ago '11        #2
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Damn magic in a bad spot

The nets don't have nothing worth trading for Howard but the nets have to take what they can get or get nothing after next year
 5 years ago '07        #3
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6147 6147
we ain't in a bad spot. someone will be dumb enough to rent him. rockets and warriors believe they can convince him to stay.

dwight bout to sign with the nets for the mle next summer. they ain't gonna have no cap space after giving deron a max, wallace 4/40, then having to sign back lopez and the possible joe johnson trade.
 5 years ago '11        #4
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,072 | Props total: 313 313
Lakers should do it so kobe can get his 6th then theyll both be gone along with Bynum
 5 years ago '04        #5
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,666 | Props total: 328 328
The last 2 years we've seen superstars ask out and get traded where they wanted to go.

I don't expect anything different here. Howard is going to end up in BK someway some how. He's now going public with this because he see's the Nets are tired of his sh*t and aren't waiting around for him.

BK's only hope is finding 2 teams. One that wants Lopez and one that wants Humphries and do a 4 team S&T.

I bet Otis is happy he isn't there anymore.
 5 years ago '06        #6
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
we ain't in a bad spot. someone will be dumb enough to rent him. rockets and warriors believe they can convince him to stay.

dwight bout to sign with the nets for the mle next summer. they ain't gonna have no cap space after giving deron a max, wallace 4/40, then having to sign back lopez and the possible joe johnson trade.

you really think were gonna cripple ourselves with JJ when Dwight says this the only place he'll play after this upcoming season? I know youre hurt after screaming Nets lost all year but it'll be aight
 07-02-2012, 12:58 AM         #7
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
D. Howard would stay if Lakers got him, i know he really want to play for Nets, but if he came here...it would make him want to stay
 5 years ago '11        #8
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
 braided_uppimp said:
D. Howard would stay if Lakers got him, i know he really want to play for Nets, but if he came here...it would make him want to stay
Just post the dident reed Derrick Rose GIF.
 07-02-2012, 01:07 AM         #9
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 maxnn said:
Just post the dident reed Derrick Rose GIF.
lol nah man...Rose my dude
 5 years ago '12        #10
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
 5 years ago '04        #11
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,666 | Props total: 328 328
After reading up on a few things I'm starting to think BK's real plan is to team up D.Will/Johnson/Howard which i didn't think was possible until I looked it up.

Technically the Nets have been over the cap since free agency started. Because of the guys they have under contract and the cap holds for D.Will, Lopez, Wallace and Humprhies..

They re-sign D.Will. Do this trade for Johnson and Re-sign Wallace. While still having Lopez and Humphries cap holds in place. This also gives them the full MLE to use.

Its possible if they find 1 team that wants Lopez and 1 team that wants Humphries they pull off a 4 team trade where they get Howard and those two go to different teams with whatever BK gets from those teams they send to Orlando if Orlando would take it. Humphries would have to get a $8M a year contract and Lopez around $8-$10M a year. If they get more the Nets could take back small bad contracts the magic have.

They could actually pull off a D.Will, Joe, Wallace, Howard and still have the MLE to use...

Their payroll is going to be huge but the Russian doesn't seem to care about paying the Luxury tax.
 5 years ago '05        #12
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,697 | Props total: 2455 2455
 JamcnPrettyboy said:

NETSLOST
 07-02-2012, 01:25 AM         #13
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JamcnPrettyboy said:

07-02-2012, 02:47 AM         #14
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NETSLOST said:

[pic - click to view]

see you in your nightmares bi*ch.
 5 years ago '06        #15
KingK 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$15,250 | Props total: 747 747
 JamcnPrettyboy said:

n*gga please....
 5 years ago '11        #16
Chad09 160 heat pts160
space
space
$10,967 | Props total: 637 637
Have fun losing to Lebron, and friends.

Now we are gonna pay Bynum MAX contract next year....
 5 years ago '11        #17
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6666 6666
If this is true, D-12 is about to lose hard. He has less leverage with the new CBA. He's gonna be stuck playing with some small market team with a lot of cap room in 2013 or playing for the mid level exception somewhere.
 5 years ago '07        #18
space
space
 eLLz said:

you really think were gonna cripple ourselves with JJ when Dwight says this the only place he'll play after this upcoming season? I know youre hurt after screaming Nets lost all year but it'll be aight
Do you honestly think dwill wants to go into another losing season? And wait 1 more summer? The nets know this which is why they're trying to build around him quickly. They're making trades and going after every free agent they can. And no one is looking for 1 year deals this time around.
 5 years ago '05        #19
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,930 | Props total: 30329 30329
brooklyn won
 5 years ago '07        #20
space
space
 DEDOS said:
u think D Will and Dwight dont talk
I'm pretty sure they talk but I highly doubt dwill is saying to himself "you fooled me once dwight, but I'll tank another season for you"

At the end of the day our owner and gm will trade him to the team that gives us the best offer just like we were about to do at the trade deadline.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
50 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
188 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
116 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy