Omer Asik officially a Rocket

most viewed right now
 180
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 106
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 90
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
39 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 72
NBA Charles Barkley "Lavar Ball isn't a good father."
120 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #121
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
avatar space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
25 mil is nothing in this market. He's not overpaid, stop acting like its 2001 or something
 5 years ago '09        #122
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$23,393 | Props total: 5100 5100
 X_WunderKind_X said:
are you resentful of asik because he got 25 Mil? do you call him overpaid everytime you see him?
lol no
 5 years ago '05        #123
MATIX 
space
avatar space
space
$7,987 | Props total: 68 68
the way hes playing hes worth it
 5 years ago '06        #124
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,880 | Props total: 2718 2718
Asik is worth his contract but at the time when he was offered the money I don't think he was worth it. A player averaging 15 minutes per game with career averages of 3 ppg and 3rpg was a gamble for the Rockets that is paying off so far and is looking like a steal.

But if we were to re-sign him he most likely would of had the same role he had with us and paying a back up C 8 million per year would have been a mistake. Too bad we couldn't give him a Gortat type of contract.
 5 years ago '10        #125
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
if you didn't think this contract was too much at the time he was signed, you're fu*kin lying.
 5 years ago '05        #126
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12555 12555
He's still overpayed But at the end of the day, they HAD to overpay him in order to sign him. Yea he's playing well, doing things that most Bulls fans already knew he could do and has done off the bench for us. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he's still overpayed.

It's the NBA, with only 15men rosters, sometimes you have to overpay for a solid center, but lets not pretend he isn't.

No way in hell would I walk into 2014 FA summers with 2 bench players on guaranteed contracts... Not being cheap, it's about protecting the future. We also got Mirotic who should be over by 2014, another stud European who's 6'10 that can dribble and shoot and gave Gasol and Randolph fits in the pre season, also played well against the Raptors.. The Bulls european league scouts are pretty solid, netting us prospects like Nocioni to Thabo to Asik and now Mirotic.. Bulls are fine, we not worried about Asik, wish him the best though.


Last edited by Hold That; 11-17-2012 at 05:10 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #127
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
avatar space
space
$42,210 | Props total: 17611 17611
 #TheReturn said:
He's still overpayed But at the end of the day, they HAD to overpay him in order to sign him. Yea he's playing well, doing things that most Bulls fans already knew he could do and has done off the bench for us. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he's still overpayed.

It's the NBA, with only 15men rosters, sometimes you have to overpay for a solid center, but lets not pretend he isn't.

No way in hell would I walk into 2014 FA summers with 2 bench players on guaranteed contracts... Not being cheap, it's about protecting the future. We also got Mirotic who should be over by 2014, another stud European who's 6'10 that can dribble and shoot and gave Gasol and Randolph fits in the pre season, also played well against the Raptors.. The Bulls european league scouts are pretty solid, netting us prospects like Nocioni to Thabo to Asik and now Mirotic.. Bulls are fine, we not worried about Asik, wish him the best though.
so basically your saying you understand in basketball terms why he got paid that much, but you're not mad at Asik for getting that much?
 5 years ago '05        #128
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12555 12555
 X_WunderKind_X said:
so basically your saying you understand in basketball terms why he got paid that much, but you're not mad at Asik for getting that much?
Can't be upset or mad, but am I disappointed that he's not coming off the bench for us? Of course, but he was offered a starting spot and a lot of money.. Something he simply would not have gotten in Chicago.

It's no different from the Gortat situation in Orlando. Our front court depth took a hit with his departure, but losing a player like Asik doesn't set your franchise back, especially with the role he had and the minutes he played.
 5 years ago '11        #129
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
avatar space
space
$42,210 | Props total: 17611 17611
 #TheReturn said:
Can't be upset or mad, but am I disappointed that he's not coming off the bench for us? Of course, but he was offered a starting spot and a lot of money.. Something he simply would not have gotten in Chicago.

It's no different from the Gortat situation in Orlando. Our front court depth took a hit with his departure, but losing a player like Asik doesn't set your franchise back, especially with the role he had and the minutes he played.
so my question is... if bulls fans arent angry that the Rockets paid up to fill a need at Center, why is the world so mad that they paid up that exact same amount to fill a need Point Guard?
Isn't that the Rocket's money to spend and nobody elses?
 5 years ago '05        #130
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12555 12555
 X_WunderKind_X said:
so my question is... if bulls fans arent angry that the Rockets paid up to fill a need at Center, why is the world so mad that they paid up that exact same amount to fill a need Point Guard?
Isn't that the Rocket's money to spend and nobody elses?
Again, who said the Bulls fans are mad? Thats a conclusion YOU came up with. In every post, I've said we don't care we are not worried. How does that equate to us being upset?


If you are referring to some of the other Bulls fans post, I doubt any of them are mad, and only responding to the notion that we some how "lost", by losing a 15min per game big man who would have never gotten a larger role with us.
 5 years ago '11        #131
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
avatar space
space
$42,210 | Props total: 17611 17611
 #TheReturn said:
Again, who said the Bulls fans are mad? Thats a conclusion YOU came up with. In every post, I've said we don't care we are not worried. How does that equate to us being upset?


If you are referring to some of the other Bulls fans post, I doubt any of them are mad, and only responding to the notion that we some how "lost", by losing a 15min per game big man who would have never gotten a larger role with us.

I knew you and bulls fans werent mad....I heard nothing from yall when it happened, the Bulls even took and an out for Asik in the Chicago paper thanking him for his time being on the team.... I was just trying to set up a premise thru my questioning.. mainly...

hypocrisy about feelings of one player getting a contract they didnt deserve, compared to feelings of another player getting that exact same contract on the same team...which they also didnt deserve...but I guess I didn't make it clear enough.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 44
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
67 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 42
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
34 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 34
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
93 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 14
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
129 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 11
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
68 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
81 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy