NFL Most Overrated Players List (Per ESPN)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
169 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
101 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #21
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,942 | Props total: 11686 11686
 Killamike79 said:
Nobody outside of balitmore fans never thought highly of flacco. So I really don't see how he could be overrated.
i like flacco, but he's definitely underrated, especially on boxden. i'm reallly not sure about the mainstream media but he doesn't get a fraction of teh attention that romo, big ben, sanchez, tebow, etc. do.. they blew that top QB sh*t way out of proportion. he's competitive, that's what you want in a QB but i get roasted by retards every time i defend him
 5 years ago '08        #22
d3athb4dishonor 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,443 | Props total: 523 523
 Kjizzle03 said:
Akers >>> your kicker
Nope.

But it's hilarious how butt hurt everyone gets when these lists come out.
 5 years ago '05        #23
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
 maxnn said:
This is what he wrote about haden:
Joe Haden, CB, Cleveland Browns

Haden was a shutdown cornerback in 2010, as his 6.2 overall YPA that season ranked tied for 18th-best in that metric. His 2011 campaign was another matter entirely, as Haden ranked 51st in overall YPA (8.0), 59th in VYPA (11.0) and 65th in SVYPA (14.4). This wasn't a matter of a low target volume skewing the numbers, either, as Haden's 77 targets last year ranked tied for the 23rd-highest total among cornerbacks in that metric.
 5 years ago '11        #24
does any 1 care 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,649 | Props total: 412 412
 Killamike79 said:
Nobody outside of balitmore fans never thought highly of flacco. So I really don't see how he could be overrated.
this. Most football fans that aren't ravens fans say that he sucks or he is an average qb so how is he overrated

Last edited by does any 1 care; 06-28-2012 at 06:32 PM..
 06-28-2012, 05:37 PM         #25
SmooveDude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm glad they ain't say suh cause he lead the league in qb hurries and forced int's
 5 years ago '04        #26
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,183 | Props total: 3329 3329
Flacco the Captain of team overrated
 5 years ago '11        #27
does any 1 care 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,649 | Props total: 412 412
 Veno da Don said:
Flacco the Captain of team overrated
If everybody that isn't a ravens fan says that he sucks then how is he overrated
 5 years ago '07        #28
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,190 | Props total: 15002 15002
 Kjizzle03 said:
Akers >>> your kicker
uh....no

Janikowski >

and how the fu*k is Moore overrated? he was a rookie last year
 06-28-2012, 05:50 PM         #29
mikeyajeto  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm not being a homer, but Brandon Browner is not among the most overrated players in the league
 5 years ago '06        #30
Stackz 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,751 | Props total: 555 555
Damn more raiders made this list than any other ESPN article.

Bullsh*t tho.
 5 years ago '05        #31
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
Cam overrated?
 5 years ago '04        #32
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,713 | Props total: 2009 2009
Why they gotta throw Colt McCoy under the bus like that?

and Joe Haden isn't overrated at all.
 5 years ago '05        #33
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
 maxnn said:
Here is what they said:
Newton's backers would defend his Pro Bowl nomination last year by quoting that Newton set a single-season record for rushing touchdowns by a quarterback (14) and became the first player to pass for 4,000 yards and rush for 500 yards in a season.

Those are impressive marks on their face but they are quantity-based and occurred after a lockout-truncated offseason. As I mentioned in my fantasy football draft guide, the lockout hurt defenses' ability to practice blitzes, which was a primary factor in why passing offenses were so explosive early on.

This impacted Newton as much as anyone, as he threw for 374 or more yards in three of his first four games. Once defenses started to get up to speed, however, Newton wasn't close to as effective a passer, throwing for 208 or fewer yards in five of his last six games.

These defensive adjustments are a main reason why Newton came up short in the areas of vertical yards per attempt (10.5, tied for 21st) and stretch vertical yards per attempt (12.6, tied for 17th). (Note: Vertical passes are aerials thrown 11 or more yards downfield; stretch vertical passes are thrown 20 or more yards.)

Newton also came up well short in ESPN's Total QBR metric (56.6, ranked 16th) and he posted a 4.2 percent bad decision rate (BDR) that was the fifth-highest mark in that category last season. (Note: BDR measures how often a quarterback makes a mental error that leads either to a turnover or a near turnover such as a dropped interception.)

There is little doubt Newton's incredible drive will, when combined with his talent, make him a Pro Bowl-caliber quarterback in the future, but he isn't quite there yet.
What did they say about Denarius Moore?
 5 years ago '05        #34
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,692 | Props total: 2419 2419
akers overrated he was they only option for the Niners O most of the time
 5 years ago '10        #35
SeattleLost 797 heat pts797
space
space
space
$64,608 | Props total: 8489 8489
 mikeyajeto said:
I'm not being a homer, but Brandon Browner is not among the most overrated players in the league
Yes he is.
 5 years ago '05        #36
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
Oakland Raider fans have become enamored with their young receiver, Denarius Moore. And rightfully so. He lit it up in training camp and by midseason, he was the favorite target of Carson Palmer. He is now pegged to be the team's number one receiver. But according to KC Joyner of ESPN, less is Moore.

He has the second year phenom listed among his most overrated players in the AFC. Here is his reasoning behind Moore's inclusion to the list:

Moore burst onto the NFL scene as rookie by posting a 14.5 SVYPA that ranked 13th out of 30 wide receivers that posted at least 20 stretch vertical targets. Moore totaled 50 vertical targets, a number that placed him in a four-way tie for 28th place among wide receivers in that metric. The three wideouts he was tied with? Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings and Julio Jones, all three of whom are terrific vertical targets.

The problem for Moore is that he has yet to display any type of ability to beat tough competition. As noted in my 2012 fantasy football guide, when Moore was covered by red- or yellow-rated cornerbacks (the two best cornerback ratings), he was a non-factor. His 4.0 YPA against that coverage level was 46th out of 47 wide receivers with at least 30 targets under the same circumstances.
This idea that Moore has elite receiving skills but disappears is not new. He had the same issue in college. It was one of the main reasons he dropped to round five of the draft. He would have games in which he would go over 200 yards and other games in which he was invisible from the offense.

It remains to be seen if Moore can carry the mantle of a number one receiver. He will be given every opportunity next season.
Denarius Moore.

So, this retards reason for Moore being over rated is he doesn't do well against the best corners in the league? What a dipsh*t...

Moore, as a rookie, was rated among the best deep threads in the NFL as a 5th round pick. Not to mention, Carson Palmer and Moore didn't have a chemistry built up as they were threw together without a camp. Mcfadden was out for most of the year (never played with Carson, McFadden and Moore all together) and Moore got hurt for a few games last season.

Terrible reason to say Moore is over rated.
 06-28-2012, 07:13 PM         #37
redacted  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cam makes this list because of the pro bowl? They keep telling us the pro bowl doesn't mean sh*t nowadays, but it means enough when they want to knock someone who isn't tebow down a peg.

Hate the sh*t out of the QBR Thing.
 5 years ago '06        #38
Rique 58 heat pts58
space
space
$40,441 | Props total: 17839 17839
Eagles lost
 5 years ago '12        #39
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
Gresham is a monster
 5 years ago '04        #40
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,663 | Props total: 515 515
Just like all other ESPN lists, this sh*t is dumb as fu*k.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy