ICP’s upcoming “Mighty Death Pop” album lead single is called "CHRIS BENOIT".

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #61
virusrev 
space
space
$1,013 | Props total: 149 149
 xplizit said:
i respect that somehow, but take in account some of them albums came out in the 90s and sales then were generally higher

its undeniable they generate most their money from their loyal fan base which almost entirely consists of suburban overweight teenagers

and 10million albums sold in total still doesn't make them one of the most succesful rap acts, especially taking into account the impact they had on the game, their general perception and considering the timespan theyve been making music
I understand this perspective. The way I see it, their first platinum album was in '97, in '09 they debuted at #4 on the charts. Their new album will probably land in the top 10 and they debuted in 1992. How many rap groups from '92 still do that? To me that is a huge success. They've never changed their style, never pushed alcohol or drugs to their fan base. Never have really been "cool". Take it for what it is, but that's pretty dope.
 5 years ago '12        #62
xplizit 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$942 | Props total: 3 3
 virusrev said:
I understand this perspective. The way I see it, their first platinum album was in '97, in '09 they debuted at #4 on the charts. Their new album will probably land in the top 10 and they debuted in 1992. How many rap groups from '92 still do that? To me that is a huge success. They've never changed their style, never pushed alcohol or drugs to their fan base. Never have really been "cool". Take it for what it is, but that's pretty dope.
i see what you're getting at, and if you like them i wont knock you for it

i doubt icp will end up in the top 10 with their new effort, but i wouldnt put it past groups like wu-tang clan, bone thugs, cypress hill or fugees to crack the top10 depending on the tracks they release prior..
sh*t also depends on when the album is released, if theres a bunch of pop sh*t released the same month you wont go top10 .. so that really doesnt mean sh*t
 06-28-2012, 04:37 AM         #63
lifeundthescope 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The ICP hate is strong here, I like that
 5 years ago '09        #64
WILLIAM 49 heat pts49
space
space
space
$22,617 | Props total: 1795 1795
I also hate cotton mouth kings which is basically the same sh*t as icp
 5 years ago '04        #65
virusrev 
space
space
I hate kottonmouth kings too. Look at that. We agree on some sh*t.
 5 years ago '12        #66
xplizit 1 heat pts
space
space
space
i also hate tech n9ne ill bill necro and other emo/weirdo/horrocore/social activist on youtube rappers
 5 years ago '04        #67
virusrev 
space
space
 xplizit said:
i also hate tech n9ne ill bill necro and other emo/weirdo/horrocore/social activist on youtube rappers
Agreed. I don't like that sh*t either.
 5 years ago '06        #68
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,468 | Props total: 14728 14728
how is Kottonmouth Kings "same as ICP?" all they rap about is weed, they suck but they more like fu*kin Wiz Khalifa wack a.ss than ICP's weirdo sh*t.
 5 years ago '09        #69
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
ICP been selling albums longer than your favorite artist.
 5 years ago '09        #70
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
 xplizit said:
i respect that somehow, but take in account some of them albums came out in the 90s and sales then were generally higher
its undeniable they generate most their money from their loyal fan base which almost entirely consists of suburban overweight teenagers

and 10million albums sold in total still doesn't make them one of the most succesful rap acts, especially taking into account the impact they had on the game, their general perception and considering the timespan theyve been making music
This is true, but ICP's last album was #4 on billboard selling over 50k completely independent with zero major promotion. In a day and age when we have threads going pages talking about "did artist A flop with X amount of records sold" that's pretty good. Album sales are only relevant when it works in Boxden's favor, otherwise we'd rather throw them out the window here when it doesn't work the other way.

xplizit said:
i see what you're getting at, and if you like them i wont knock you for it

i doubt icp will end up in the top 10 with their new effort, but i wouldnt put it past groups like wu-tang clan, bone thugs, cypress hill or fugees to crack the top10 depending on the tracks they release prior..
sh*t also depends on when the album is released, if theres a bunch of pop sh*t released the same month you wont go top10 .. so that really doesnt mean sh*t
ICP will go top 10 with this record. It's been 3 years since the last album. Their fanbase is ready for a new disc to drop. They are getting more promotion from this disc than the last one by far. I don't think it's wether they go top 10, but wether they go top 5 again.

HATEWILL! said:
I also hate cotton mouth kings which is basically the same sh*t as icp
KMK are nothing like ICP. I can't stand KMK personally. All very samey soundy with the same subject matter. ICP tells stories. If you can't appreciate that, then cool. When you make statements like this tho it only makes you sound ignorant on the subject.

Last edited by Acid Rap; 06-28-2012 at 06:02 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #71
EscoNore 67 heat pts67
space
space
$11,446 | Props total: 172 172
 xplizit said:
"juggalos" = weirdos

never crossed any icp fan who had a social life or didnt rock that heavy metal-long hair- look
Word up...I was trying to smash this one juggalo ho, we were getting twisted and sh*t and out of nowhere she was just like "i wanna tie you up and fu*k you". Then she said some wild sh*t about cutting me open and licking my wounds.
[pic - click to view]

I never got to smash.
 06-28-2012, 06:42 AM         #72
Haze_Reloaded 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People listen to these guys?
 06-28-2012, 08:40 AM         #73
PsychoBlack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Juggalos?

[pic - click to view]

:Iseeyou:
 5 years ago '08        #74
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,674 | Props total: 397 397
This dude I used to rap with when I was in middle school was in love with these guys & swore on them. They have a die hard core fanbase. They're not rap at all, just music for goth hipsters "oh you're such a loser, ICP is the greatest rap group of all time and you haven't heard of them" smh.
 5 years ago '11        #75
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,383 | Props total: 3850 3850
 whiskey787 said:
Their production is nice, I agree. But I can't get past their violent subject matter, when an artist like Eminem or Tyler raps about r*pe and k!lling people, I know they're only joking, with ICP I can't really tell :hillwhoa:
Lol I hear that.

I'm a huge ICP fan. Been to a few concerts, purchased more than a few albums. Can't wait for this release. Looks like they are going all out.
 5 years ago '12        #76
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,744 | Props total: 22113 22113

Only want to hear this for Chris Benoit.
 06-28-2012, 09:54 AM         #77
Phonked702 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 virusrev said:
Proudly. Are you?
 5 years ago '09        #78
OGBIGBOY 9 heat pts
space
space
$745 | Props total: 5 5
Horrorcore
 5 years ago '12        #79
xplizit 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 NnAiTnAjSa317 said:
This is true, but ICP's last album was #4 on billboard selling over 50k completely independent with zero major promotion. In a day and age when we have threads going pages talking about "did artist A flop with X amount of records sold" that's pretty good. Album sales are only relevant when it works in Boxden's favor, otherwise we'd rather throw them out the window here when it doesn't work the other way.

ICP will go top 10 with this record. It's been 3 years since the last album. Their fanbase is ready for a new disc to drop. They are getting more promotion from this disc than the last one by far. I don't think it's wether they go top 10, but wether they go top 5 again.

KMK are nothing like ICP. I can't stand KMK personally. All very samey soundy with the same subject matter. ICP tells stories. If you can't appreciate that, then cool. When you make statements like this tho it only makes you sound ignorant on the subject.
no offense but i think youre overestimating them

bone thugs got a loyal a.ss fanbase too (plus respect from most hip hop fans), their 2007 album debuted at #2, their 2010 album at #14 .. it really depends on a hot single, and if 5-10 pop artists drop albums around that time icp wont reach sh*t

not saying youre wrong, but i cant really see it.. time will tell doe so lets stop arguing about sales, can we at least agree they dont even have a song theyre famous for? its mostly their fans theyre recognized after
 06-28-2012, 10:00 AM         #80
MindDangler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ya'll can laugh now..but I bet you'll download it...
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
154 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
21 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy