ICP’s upcoming “Mighty Death Pop” album lead single is called "CHRIS BENOIT".

most viewed right now
 50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA ALL Nike "City" Uniforms Leaked via 2K
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
268 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #1
11211 pageviews
232 comments

The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,552 | Props total: 17191 17191
ICP’s upcoming “Mighty death Pop” album lead single is called "CHRIS BENOIT".

For Insane Clown Posse, gearing up for a high-profile summer meant burrowing into the remains of an abandoned steel mill Monday afternoon.

With dust kicking up and bright lights piercing the dark at Trenton’s cavernous old McLouth Steel plant, the Detroit rap duo gathered with a film crew and about 100 fan extras for day two of shooting on the group’s video for the new track “Chris Benoit.”

Moving to a director’s instructions, fans in black hoodies and silver horror masks surged toward a wrestling ring housing ICP’s Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope. The face-painted pair mimed their lyrics as the song played overhead at double speed, to achieve a slow-motion effect in the video’s final rendering.

Among the fans who had responded to an open casting call was C.J. Lyons, 35, of Bellevue, Ohio. Eager to ensure a spot, he’d arrived a day early, slept overnight on the site, and spent Monday afternoon patiently awaiting the first action.

"We're rushing the wrestling ring," he said. "We've been waiting all day to do that."

All was in the name of “Chris Benoit,” lead single from ICP’s upcoming “Mighty death Pop” album, due Aug. 14. The song is based on the mental breakdown of professional wrestler Chris Benoit, who in 2007 notoriously murdered his wife and son before hanging himself.

“It’s about that loss of sanity,” Violent J said during a break in the shoot. “It’s about the snapping, that moment of panic.

Shooting began Sunday with the French crew responsible for Skrillex’s massive 2011 hit video, “First Of The Year (Equinox),” which had caught Violent J’s eye. “Chris Benoit” is the first of three video projects already underway as ICP prepares for “Mighty death Pop,” and the clip is expected to debut on the web by mid-July.

ICP hopes to eventually include the videos in a boxed set for “Mighty death Pop,” which will initially be released in three separate configurations.

“Chris Benoit” finds ICP ceding creative control for the first time in its two-decade-plus career. The duo had a simple wish list going into the shoot: minimal wrestling scenes, but plenty of slow-motion, blur and artsy abstraction “like an old-school Nirvana video,” as Violent J said Monday.

“I told them, ‘I’m not going to ride you guys on this. I’m going to give you your space and leave you alone to do it.’”

Three years in the making, “Mighty death Pop” will be released during ICP’s 13th Gathering of the Juggalos fan festival in rural Illinois. It also arrives as J and Shaggy sense a growing mainstream respect that long eluded the group.

“We’re not used to it, but it feels good,” said Shaggy.

That unique backdrop makes the new record ICP’s “most anticipated yet,” said Violent J.

“There are so many articles out there on us now, and it’s not about dissing us,” he said. “They’re actually treating us like real musicians. It’s mind-blowing. And I feel like this album is the response to that.”

[pic - click to view]

http://www.freep.com/arti .. Dope-Juggalos]

Last edited by The N; 06-27-2012 at 10:43 PM..

232 comments for "ICP’s upcoming “Mighty Death Pop” album lead single is called "CHRIS BENOIT"."

5 years ago '04        #2
virusrev 
space
space
$1,013 | Props total: 149 149
I'm so fu*king geeked for this album. The remix of "Chris Benoit" got Scarface and Ice Cube on it too.
 5 years ago '04        #3
whiskey787 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,148 | Props total: 5 5
 5 years ago '07        #4
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
 5 years ago '11        #5
DAT BOI TREY 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,399 | Props total: 5 5
 5 years ago '04        #6
virusrev 
space
space
ICP has been droppin underground hot street bangers since '92.
 5 years ago '04        #7
whiskey787 15 heat pts15
space
space
 virusrev said:
ICP has been droppin underground hot street bangers since '92.
 5 years ago '04        #8
virusrev 
space
space
That's cool, I grew up on rap music. From the early 90s to now. ICP has immaculate production, their albums are perfectly sequenced, entertaining storytelling, underdog perspective. Its unfortunate they're overlooked but that's what makes them one of the most successful rap acts over 20 years.
 5 years ago '04        #9
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,974 | Props total: 121 121
after the Sixth,i kinda grew out of ICP... Violent J's solo album was dope though,but they were never the same after the Sixth...
 5 years ago '04        #10
virusrev 
space
space
 SokeSleezy said:
after the Sixth,i kinda grew out of ICP... Violent J's solo album was dope though,but they were never the same after the Sixth...
I didn't like the wraith, really around 2000 I stopped bumpin them but once I heard "The Party", I knew it was on again. MEC came back, been all good since.

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #11
The N 466 heat pts466 OP
space
space
Hot Topic
 5 years ago '04        #12
whiskey787 15 heat pts15
space
space
 virusrev said:
That's cool, I grew up on rap music. From the early 90s to now. ICP has immaculate production, their albums are perfectly sequenced, entertaining storytelling, underdog perspective. Its unfortunate they're overlooked but that's what makes them one of the most successful rap acts over 20 years.
Their production is nice, I agree. But I can't get past their violent subject matter, when an artist like Eminem or Tyler raps about r*pe and k!lling people, I know they're only joking, with ICP I can't really tell :hillwhoa:
 06-27-2012, 11:24 PM         #13
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 virusrev said:
I'm so fu*king geeked for this album. The remix of "Chris Benoit" got Scarface and Ice Cube on it too.

u a jugg bro?
 06-27-2012, 11:29 PM         #14
ThisUsernameSux 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yo ive been a diehard juggalo since day 1, but they crossin the line with this...r.i.p. chris benoit
 5 years ago '09        #15
WILLIAM 49 heat pts49
space
space
space
$22,620 | Props total: 1797 1797
Icp is for f*gs all the gothic kids at school would listen to that wack a.ss clown faced sh*t while cutting themselfs. They got sh*t on so much
 5 years ago '09        #16
WILLIAM 49 heat pts49
space
space
space
$22,620 | Props total: 1797 1797
Id rather listen to blue man group then this f*g clown nose sh*t
 5 years ago '04        #17
Romello 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,503 | Props total: 194 194
ICP Is not HIP HOP FOH
 5 years ago '04        #18
virusrev 
space
space
 DrX said:

u a jugg bro?
Proudly. Are you?
 06-27-2012, 11:34 PM         #19
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I always had a suspicion that The N was White... This just confirmed it.
 5 years ago '08        #20
The N 466 heat pts466 OP
space
space
 whiskey787 said:
Their production is nice, I agree. But I can't get past their violent subject matter, when an artist like Eminem or Tyler raps about r*pe and k!lling people, I know they're only joking, with ICP I can't really tell :hillwhoa:

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
69 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
195 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
79 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
50 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
22 comments
20 hours ago