Lupe Fiasco - Around My Way [Video]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
231 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
130 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-27-2012, 08:51 PM         #41
Jeezydasnowman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
[B]The political self-righteousness bullsh*t from Lupe has gotten MAD old

man wtf. Hes speaks the truth, doesnt vote and is against the 2 party system. Dont get me started on politics...

Ron Paul>>>

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #42
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 Jeezydasnowman said:

man wtf. Hes speaks the truth, dont vote and is against the 2 party system. Dont get me started on politics...

Ron Paul>>>

Ron Paul stans still exist?
 06-27-2012, 08:53 PM         #43
Jeezydasnowman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
Ron Paul stans still exist?

5 years ago '11        #44
hayday12 85 heat pts85
space
space
$2,521 | Props total: 764 764
 Retro said:
[B]Smh...no complaining isn't all you can do. First of all you could get acclimated to the political system and do your research on each person you put in office. Most people just go in and vote strictly off of party ideologies not necessarily solution ideologies. Washington is always going to be split as long as the voters are.
You can pretty much dismiss anyone by saying all they do is complain too much. Bill Maher? Complains too much. Jon Stewart? Complains too much. Are you telling me they not helping by doing what they do? Complaining plays a big part in changing things. Pointing fingers also plays a big part. How do you think people started the Governor Walker recall? By complaining and pointing fingers at him.

There was tons of information about how bad Walker was. Tons of people protest on Washington to have him remove and he still got reelected.

What your saying is easier said then done. Hell your solution isn't even a solution because it doesn't take in account how ignorant some people really are. Just like look at BX anytime the Illuminati is mention.

Retro said:
People (Lupe included) are just too lazy to actually want to do something about it. They just whine about the circumstances knowing damn well if it was all that bad they would've left a long time ago.
Come on now. Republicans say this sh*t all the time. People barely have the money to leave their house. How can they pay to leave their city? State? Country? The middle class and poor are the reason this country is even staying afloat. They don't have the money to just up and leave when the government starts fu*king up. Plus other countries have pretty strict immigration laws and it can take years to get approved.

Retro said:
Complaining certainly isn't going to stop the alleged tyranny. I don't have a problem with it when there's solutions involved but like with most people (again, Lupe included) there aren't any. That being said, if there aren't solutions I don't want to hear it. The way I see it, if you aren't part of a REAL solution you're part of the REAL problem.
Nobody, not even Lupe, thinks complaining is the end all solution to our problems. But it is an important step in identifying what the problems are.
 06-27-2012, 09:00 PM         #45
Jeezydasnowman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #46
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 hayday12 said:
You can pretty much dismiss anyone by saying all they do is complain too much. Bill Maher? Complains too much. Jon Stewart? Complains too much. Are you telling me they not helping by doing what they do? Complaining plays a big part in changing things. Pointing fingers also plays a big part. How do you think people started the Governor Walker recall? By complaining and pointing fingers at him.
You tell me. If complaining is really supposed to be the solution for all of these people and so many are doing it explain to me why instead of the complaints diminishing they're increasing?

Dirty hands can't point clean fingers. Like I said, if you aren't part of a legitimate solution you're part of the legitimate problem.

I'll continue the Governor Walker sh*t below...

hayday12 said:
There was tons of information about how bad Walker was. Tons of people protest on Washington to have him remove and he still got reelected.
The Walker situation is a state level scenario, in other words his example doesn't hold weight with regards to what Lupe complains about the most. It's America in its totality (in both senses of the word since sometimes he think America is becoming Totalitarian) the he has a gripe with.

Look at how miserable the #Occupy movements have become. They're basically doing the same thing that people in Oakland, Chicago, New York, etc. are doing yet nothing has changed. Awareness was raised but that's NOT enough.

hayday12 said:
What your saying is easier said then done. Hell your solution isn't even a solution because it doesn't take in account how ignorant some people really are. Just like look at BX anytime the Illuminati is mention.
So people being stupid is the only reason my solution isn't feasible? Not a good enough excuse. If people don't want problems they should want to learn more about how politics work. It's one of the sh*ttiest & shadiest entities that humans have created and the ONLY way the situation will be reconciled is if people APPLY what they learn.

I'm not saying you need to become political genius, just understand the pros and cons between each candidate that go PAST whether they're a republican or a democrat.

hayday12 said:
Come on now. Republicans say this sh*t all the time. People barely have the money to leave their house. How can they pay to leave their city? State? Country? The middle class and poor are the reason this country is even staying afloat. They don't have the money to just up and leave when the government starts fu*king up. Plus other countries have pretty strict immigration laws and it can take years to get approved.
Lupe isn't hurting for money, why doesn't he split? To be a faux voice for the poorer people that always conversates but never demonstrates? That's what it sounds like. His music isn't changing anything and I see no reason to see why it well later on.

Complaints don't change things. Legislation does. Who legislates the government? Politicians. Who puts them in office? WE DO. Granted it's fu*ked up that we have to put our faith in politicians of all people but this country has had great political success before and it was because people looked at the ISSUES and NOT the party lines.

And of course it isn't that simple, but that's one of the core reasons why America is the way it is now.

hayday12 said:
Nobody, not even Lupe, thinks complaining is the end all solution to our problems. But it is an important step in identifying what the problems are.
He's been complaining about the same sh*t for years. How long is it going to take before he stops identifying and starts rectifying?
 5 years ago '06        #47
Panasonic 82 heat pts82
space
space
$5,674 | Props total: 1460 1460
props
 5 years ago '10        #48
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,278 | Props total: 23784 23784
 5 years ago '11        #49
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
Still going on with his false prophet a.ss. n*gga just likes to talk. Dude is just as money-grubbing as the n*ggas he complains about. Lauryn Hill lookin f*ggot. And yall know he gay.
 5 years ago '11        #50
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
Cant yall, see that he's fake?
The rap version of TD Jakes
Prophecizing on your CDs and tapes
Won't break you a crumb off the little bit that he makes
And this is with whom you want to place your faith?

These dudes is all politics, depositing checks
they put in they pocket, all you get in return is a lot of lip
And yall buy the sh*t, caught up in the hype
Cause the n*gga wear a kufi, it don't mean that he bright
Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice
It just means you don't understand all the bullsh*t that he write
Is it "Words I Never Said" or is it "Out of My Head"?
 5 years ago '06        #51
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
Lupe back!
 5 years ago '11        #52
hayday12 85 heat pts85
space
space
$2,521 | Props total: 764 764
 Retro said:
You tell me. If complaining is really supposed to be the solution for all of these people and so many are doing it explain to me why instead of the complaints diminishing they're increasing?

Because the complaints are being dismissed as irrelevant issues. Then you have people who think the people complaining are annoying so they ignore it. Then you have the people who live a pretty good life so they really can't relate with the people complaining so they ignore it also. There is a lot of variables involved.

Dirty hands can't point clean fingers. Like I said, if you aren't part of a legitimate solution you're part of the legitimate problem.

I'll continue the Governor Walker sh*t below...

The Walker situation is a state level scenario, in other words his example doesn't hold weight with regards to what Lupe complains about the most. It's America in its totality (in both senses of the word since sometimes he think America is becoming Totalitarian) the he has a gripe with.

It's a small scale example. Now imagine on a larger scale people from every state putting that type of pressure on our government as a whole.

Look at how miserable the #Occupy movements have become. They're basically doing the same thing that people in Oakland, Chicago, New York, etc. are doing yet nothing has changed. Awareness was raised but that's NOT enough.

This goes back to to my first response of people not caring or flat out ignoring the movement.

So people being stupid is the only reason my solution isn't feasible? Not a good enough excuse. If people don't want problems they should want to learn more about how politics work. It's one of the sh*ttiest & shadiest entities that humans have created and the ONLY way the situation will be reconciled is if people APPLY what they learn.

I'm not saying you need to become political genius, just understand the pros and cons between each candidate that go PAST whether they're a republican or a democrat.

Couldn't Lupe say the same thing? You complain that Lupe complains too much but he can't force people to listen to him. He can tell people to read and research but he can't make them do it.

Once again your viewpoint is a simple way of looking at it.

Lupe isn't hurting for money, why doesn't he split? To be a faux voice for the poorer people that always conversates but never demonstrates? That's what it sounds like. His music isn't changing anything and I see no reason to see why it well later on.

Are you serious? So your country is doing bad and your first thought is to leave? Are you looking for instant gratification? Tell me at which point in history did change happen instantly. I'll wait

Complaints don't change things. Legislation does.

Complaining helps identify what laws needs to be changed. Once that happens you can start trying to implement better laws.

Who legislates the government? Politicians. Who puts them in office? WE DO. Granted it's fu*ked up that we have to put our faith in politicians of all people.

Exactly. Now what do you do when a bad politician is put into office? Do you say anything about? Or would that be considered complaining?

but this country has had great political success before and it was because people looked at the ISSUES and NOT the party lines.

And of course it isn't that simple, but that's one of the core reasons why America is the way it is now.

Great political success that took time and effort

He's been complaining about the same sh*t for years. How long is it going to take before he stops identifying and starts rectifying?

When people start paying attention

Your issue isn't really with Lupe himself. It's with the people.

Last edited by hayday12; 06-27-2012 at 10:30 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #53
darealvelle 96 heat pts96
space
space
$7,876 | Props total: 4467 4467
dope vid
 5 years ago '06        #54
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,619 | Props total: 8550 8550
 ImInHerMouth said:
Cant yall, see that he's fake?
The rap version of TD Jakes
Prophecizing on your CDs and tapes
Won't break you a crumb off the little bit that he makes
And this is with whom you want to place your faith?

These dudes is all politics, depositing checks
they put in they pocket, all you get in return is a lot of lip
And yall buy the sh*t, caught up in the hype
Cause the n*gga wear a kufi, it don't mean that he bright
Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice
It just means you don't understand all the bullsh*t that he write
Is it "Words I Never Said" or is it "Out of My Head"?
I guess public enemy was full of sh*t too.

man just enjoy the music if not go find an artist you like.
 06-27-2012, 10:51 PM         #55
keysersoze0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jeezydasnowman said:

man wtf. Hes speaks the truth, doesnt vote and is against the 2 party system. Dont get me started on politics...

Ron Paul>>>

I wasn't aware that Lupe was one of these imbecilic f*ggots who actually question whether terrorist attacks occurred on 9/11. That's a shame.

The song is crack, though.
 06-27-2012, 11:13 PM         #56
TeddiGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If yall don't like Lupe then get the fu*k out of this thread.....

Anf for dude who quoted Jay-Z to diss Lupe... Who do you think gave him a cosign?

This was a dope video...
 5 years ago '11        #57
miltowner 2 heat pts
space
space
$874 | Props total: 0 0
 Rawse Bawse said:
You going to see him at summerfest tonight?

no i'm not in milwaukee right now, i'd go if i was

i fu*kin miss summerfest, haven't been there since '09
 5 years ago '12        #58
Carib Breeze 28 heat pts28
space
space
$4,268 | Props total: 11 11
Pete Rock need to make a cameo
 5 years ago '11        #59
GrindPOWER$ 389 heat pts389
space
space
$19,254 | Props total: 12508 12508
lupe is neede in hip hop preachy or not dude is needed to balance the bullsh*t
 5 years ago '10        #60
PrinceDeville25 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,165 | Props total: 460 460
 GameTheory said:
Honestly, I never realized how incredible this verse is until now.

I won't share my thoughts on whether or not I think he's right, but GODDAMN did Hov really bring it to him on this one.
YEA But the problem was how he delivered it and overall the song sucked...

He quoted an Austin Powers line on the hook...........
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
23 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
53 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
167 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy