Rick Ross dropping 7th Single Next Monday off GFID

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
34 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #101
greedy87 2 heat pts
space
space
$11,951 | Props total: 2327 2327
6 pages and climbing ross is definiltely winning
 5 years ago '04        #102
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,414 | Props total: 6439 6439
 whiskey787 said:
so you're saying we have heard about half the album?

Hopefully Ross is smarter than that and the previous "singles" will be bonus tracks or something.
he should of rephrased it and said single attempt
 5 years ago '10        #103
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053 OP
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
 rippac4 said:
looks @ the T/S avy & realizes he's a 50 fan
wat relevance does this have to rick ross releasing 5/6 singles and the fact that he is releasing another single next monday?
 5 years ago '05        #104
hanis 
space
space
$1,294 | Props total: 1 1
 kiddrocay said:
wayne
nicki
jeezy
kanye
drake
jay-z
soulja boy
t.i.
edit: eminem by default
thats all I know of, if someone has a list of rappers who went plat after 2006 plz post it

aint it sad how our genre just dropped so quick because of all the crossing to please white folks pop music that in order for you to even sell decently now is to cross over, see what some of these so called hip-hop artists have done
but how do you figure? the crossing over to to please white folks is the only reason these people are on this list at all you do get that right? if they hadn't done those type of tracks, then nobody would have gone plat....

its more a fact that urban music consumers are savvy enough to get music for free, and therefore urban acts who we think should be doing more numbers because they have star power in the genre don't do numbers...

ya'll realize ricky has never had an album sell more than 180k in the first week, or there abouts at least right? never before has a rapper who was considered "the hottest" in the game not been able to deliver 200k in a week, ever, in his career.... this should be more about people faking the funk and ross faking the funk, he isn't as big as we have been lead to believe, nor do his songs resonate the way they would like us to think they do....

pleasing white folks... the MAJORITY of the consumers in the market... is the only way to win, ross hasn't done that properly yet.... his run is almost over, and he was never able to fully monetize his buzz to the highest level
 5 years ago '05        #105
hanis 
space
space
and i love my bi*ches, that awful nicki song, and whatever other songs you guys are discussing aren't on his album, officially the first song he has released from the album was that terrible usher song, second one was so sophisticated... those other songs are just throwaways that didn't work now... if hadn't had that hospital stay for seizures and 'rich forever' was scaled down and called his album he woulda won, that tape is really good fwiw
 5 years ago '09        #106
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,083 | Props total: 1820 1820
Every Ross/MMG thread is the same these days
[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #107
greedy87 2 heat pts
space
space
 hanis said:
but how do you figure? the crossing over to to please white folks is the only reason these people are on this list at all you do get that right? if they hadn't done those type of tracks, then nobody would have gone plat....

its more a fact that urban music consumers are savvy enough to get music for free, and therefore urban acts who we think should be doing more numbers because they have star power in the genre don't do numbers...

ya'll realize ricky has never had an album sell more than 180k in the first week, or there abouts at least right? never before has a rapper who was considered "the hottest" in the game not been able to deliver 200k in a week, ever, in his career.... this should be more about people faking the funk and ross faking the funk, he isn't as big as we have been lead to believe, nor do his songs resonate the way they would like us to think they do....

pleasing white folks... the MAJORITY of the consumers in the market... is the only way to win, ross hasn't done that properly yet.... his run is almost over, and he was never able to fully monetize his buzz to the highest level
Ross doesn't make crossover music. His music is for the hood..
 5 years ago '05        #108
hanis 
space
space
 greedy87 said:
Ross doesn't make crossover music. His music is for the hood..
i'm not disagreeing, but thats why he has pretty much reached the ceiling on how big of an artist he can ever be, the days of that sh*t are dead, clearly
 5 years ago '10        #109
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,652 | Props total: 4487 4487
 hanis said:

not everyone on that list made cross overing music, he asked me to post a list of rappers that went plat after 2006 so I did

but look at some of the artist in the game now, the main three which I am not gonna name that are on that list are contribute a lil to the fact of why hip-hop artist having problems selling now
 5 years ago '11        #110
greedy87 2 heat pts
space
space
 hanis said:
i'm not disagreeing, but thats why he has pretty much reached the ceiling on how big of an artist he can ever be, the days of that sh*t are dead, clearly
I see what you're saying, but for Ross to be a big fat black dude, who doesn't make crossover music. to have 3-4 gold album, classic mixtapes, and running a top 2-3 label in the game he's winning! Rozay hit Beyonce up for a hook lol
 5 years ago '07        #111
biff 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,619 | Props total: 99 99
dam ross is desperate looking for that hit , he cant beat this tho jeezy did it in 3

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #112
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
Album gon do typical Ross numbers 150k first week. Then it'll end up shipping gold 9 months later
 5 years ago '11        #113
greedy87 2 heat pts
space
space
 biff said:
dam ross is desperate looking for that hit , he cant beat this tho jeezy did it in 3
when the next cte member getting that album out?

Last edited by greedy87; 06-27-2012 at 02:23 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #114
hanis 
space
space
 kiddrocay said:
not everyone on that list made cross overing music, he asked me to post a list of rappers that went plat after 2006 so I did

but look at some of the artist in the game now, the main three which I am not gonna name that are on that list are contribute a lil to the fact of why hip-hop artist having problems selling now
please name who you're referring too then, cause i'm kinda lost on what you're trying to say
 5 years ago '10        #115
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,652 | Props total: 4487 4487
 hanis said:
please name who you're referring too then, cause i'm kinda lost on what you're trying to say
really? that just ruins the fun though
 5 years ago '05        #116
hanis 
space
space
 greedy87 said:
I see what you're saying, but for Ross to be a big fat black dude, who doesn't make crossover music. to have 3-4 gold album, classic mixtapes, and running a top 2-3 label in the game he's winning! Rozay hit Beyonce up for a hook lol
ross broke a ton of bread to get his sh*t poppin, def jam broke a ton of bread to get his sh*t poppin, and he delivered some really good material along the way... it doesn't change the fact that he is what he is, and isn't gonna ever be jay, or even drake in terms of sales, tours, noteriety, etc etc... the "hottest rapper" out right now, can't hold a candle to most of the people who are ranked lower than him on that list, and that's not gonna change.... and don't get it twisted, neither mmg album will break 100k first week, after this new one is official (its looking like 80k by projections).... you remember when the g-unit album dropped? what were the numbers there? what were the tours like? did you go anywhere and not see something g-unit related?

all i'm saying is they need to figure out a way to make him more appealing... even biggie had juicy and mo money mo problems, hypnotize, etc
 06-27-2012, 02:34 PM         #117
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ghost Writer said:
lol So you think MTV is run by black people????
I was speaking in regards to MTV2, their programming and staff is based around what they call the "Urban demographic" which is a safe word to call Blak folks.

The braintrust from MTV2 that did the Hot list was comprised of all Black and Latino writers, editors, etc within the HipHop community.

Athavan 789 said:
SugaHillRomello = Grafted Alias
Naw, that's my brother Stilldreamin he's not a nameless, faceless avatar, he's not ashamed to show his face either, just ask him for links or proof-pics.

....aliases are created by bi*ch-made f*ggitts who are too afraid to attach their identity to their words because they are guttless cowards.

rippac4 said:
looks @ the T/S avy & realizes he's a 50 fan
Yeah I knew as soon as I saw the thread-title that it was a sneak-diss by a 50-Cent Groupie.

You would think a 50-Cent fan would be doing promo for 50 instead of hyping Ross but I guess this is their way of making themselves feel better about 50' situation.
 5 years ago '04        #118
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,702 | Props total: 436 436
7th single?!?! Rick Ross has a huge buzz now, the song with Usher sucks tho
 5 years ago '10        #119
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053 OP
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
 Graftedgenes said:
I was speaking in regards to MTV2, their programming and staff is based around what they call the "Urban demographic" which is a safe word to call Blak folks.

The braintrust from MTV2 that did the Hot list was comprised of all Black and Latino writers, editors, etc within the HipHop community.

Naw, that's my brother Stilldreamin he's not a nameless, faceless avatar, he's not ashamed to show his face either, just ask him for links or proof-pics.

....aliases are created by bi*ch-made f*ggitts who are too afraid to attach their identity to their words because they are guttless cowards.

Yeah I knew as soon as I saw the thread-title that it was a sneak-diss by a 50-Cent Groupie.

You would think a 50-Cent fan would be doing promo for 50 instead of hyping Ross but I guess this is their way of making themselves feel better about 50' situation.
Says the 40 year old who writes essays of hate about 50 cent instead of trying to sort his life out and make more youtube videos of eating, trying to act like Rick Ross.
 5 years ago '08        #120
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,761 | Props total: 12230 12230
Ross got heaters on his album I gotta believe but all that sideways sh*t he was talknbout Jeezy looking real suspect now.

he'll maybe do 500 grand...that album title is gonna fu*k him up in the long run....them retailers and the people who buy at retailers not gonna like that sh*t.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
15 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy