Rick Ross dropping 7th Single Next Monday off GFID

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
8 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #61
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,574 | Props total: 17246 17246
 Graftedgenes said:
Why the obsession with Platinum? Insane Clown Possee, Chingy & Soulja Boy can brag about going Platinum but Rakim, Roots & Common can't so what's the big deal about platinum in an era when 99% of rappers don't even go Gold.

It's insanity to hear people in 2012 talk about Platinum like this is 2003, only 3 rap artists went platinum in 2011 (Wayne, Drake, Jay/Kanye), no rap artists have gone platinum in 2012.

Out of all the HipHop albums released post 2007 only 7 artists have gone Platinum and about 15 Gold so it's narrowed down to 5 Gold or Platinum plaques a year total.

7 artists and two of them ain't Afrikan-American & one of them is a female so that leaves you with 4 bruthas from the culture going Platinum (JayZ, T.I, Wayne, Kanye).

Gold is the new platinum.

He isn't a BIG NAME RAPPER AND NEVER WAS A BIG NAME RAPPER, so many new rappers
have come out and become big name rappers since his debut, THEY HAVE GONE PLATINUM
and he hasn't still?, what is up?

Why the whole Plat talk??? well in this business these rappers want their work
to be heard and supported right?....well going Platinum certifieds that, selling MILLIONS OF RECORDS IS THE STANDARD for the big names to, he has never done that with many albums
out already.

Son TONY fu*kING YAYO IS PLATINUM off the 50 CENT buzz right?, ok then why JAY Z
Bringin out Ross did'nt have that kind of efffect?, last time I checked JAY Z IS HUGE MEGA
SELLING STAR, brings out Rhianna and SHE SELLS CRAZY NUMBERS, she a huge name THAT HAS GONE PLATINUM.

Again it all goes back to HIM AS A PERSON, THE MASSES KNOW HE FAKE and they will not
support him, he isn't Genuine HE BEEN FAKING from the Jump and once that got exposed
it was over, he would never be a big name rapper, most rappers want to be remembered
you really think this guy is going to be remembered like BIGGIE,2PAC,JAY Z,NAS,EM, Snoop, on and on? NEVER.

Last edited by The N; 06-27-2012 at 10:48 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #62
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,443 | Props total: 6511 6511
common and the roots never had mtv, bet, 6 out of the 7 artists that gone platinum since 2007, and 3 labels backing them up AT THE SAME DAMN TIME

got all of that going for you on top of having one artist going gold. you mean to tell me that ross can't go platinum this time?
 5 years ago '08        #63
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
 Athavan 789 said:
its just that rick ross is supposed to be the hottest artist out and he cant go platinum, jus doesnt make sense....
EXACTLY, people need to check the real world view of this guy not the way he is sold online

millions of videos online, tons of mixtapes buzz but in real life they mean nothing to nobody.

Have Jay z drop a mixtape at midnight AT bEST BUY, people would be there Yesterday,
nobody would be sleeping outside the stores for this Rozay guy, the masses don't even know who he is and if they did they would right away have BIGGIE in their minds, "oh look a Biggie wannabe type rapper",

THAT is another aspect that fu*ks this guys status to, nobody wants to support that.
 5 years ago '04        #64
space
space
 SugaHillRomello said:
Nicki couldn't
nicki probably will be in a year. she is gold right now after being out for 3 months.

i'm not saying to get platinum over night. just get there
 06-27-2012, 10:56 AM         #65
JayDee11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
then why the hell did we held 5 mics/xxl to such a high standard a few years ago?
A few years ago? The Source, as the most renowned hip hop publication on the planet, flatlined alot longer than a few years ago. An XXL rating never had remotely close to the same impact as 5 mics. Rappers use to actually use a 5 mic rating as a accolade to brag about in their music. You mean to me this died only a few years ago? As a black man, you're gonna tell me that you and your circle used hip hop ratings to critique hip hop albums as little as a few years ago?
 5 years ago '08        #66
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
 justinjones said:
common and the roots never had mtv, bet, 6 out of the 7 artists that gone platinum since 2007, and 3 labels backing them up AT THE SAME DAMN TIME

got all of that going for you on top of having one artist going gold. you mean to tell me that ross can't go platinum this time?
Def Jam label heads have been saying that for years now, they have to be like

yo what the fu*k Jay z cosigned your a.ss and still can go Plat?

They can't wait until his deal is over, is this his last album with Def Jam????
 5 years ago '04        #67
space
space
 JayDee11 said:
A few years ago? The Source, as the most renowned hip hop publication on the planet, flatlined alot longer than a few years ago. An XXL rating never had remotely close to the same impact as 5 mics. Rappers use to actually use a 5 mic rating as a accolade to brag about in their music. You mean to me this died only a few years ago? As a black man, you're gonna tell me that you and your circle used hip hop ratings to critique hip hop albums as little as a few years ago?
i'm telling you as a black man that we used to give a sh!t.
 5 years ago '10        #68
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053 OP
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
 SugaHillRomello said:
All u had to type is that Ross doesn't have white folks on his side. You can only sell but so much of ANYTHING in the U.S. if African Americans are your primary demographic.

Nicki
Wayne
Kanye
Jay
Em

All have established white fanbases. Its not a bad thing necessarily, Ross is just showing that u don't HAVE TO sell a million records to be successful, and u don't HAVE TO cater ur music to whites in order to get a release date. Ain't but 5 rappers who could outsell Ross right now. That ain't bad
jay-z, nas, 50, jeezy etc. have all made albums that weren't directed at white fanbases and still managed to go platinum/multiplat
 06-27-2012, 11:03 AM         #69
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:

Common & the Roots never had MTV & BET?

Conversation over buddy you can't troll me.
 06-27-2012, 11:05 AM         #70
JayDee11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The N said:
You think the labels give a fu*k if a bootlegged version of their big budget projects is

being pumped in the BBQ on BBS parties?,

they want to see their project

reach the masses GO WORLDWIDE, Robert Williams has issues being a LOCAL artists selling

he will never be GLOBAL
Where in my post did I mention a label? I was speaking about the everyday black hip hop listener. You think they let hip hop ratings, from publication that don't have a shread of the impact they once had, determine the quality of music when social events, their own vehicles as well as internet access is readily available? You guys are letting a vendetta cause asinine arguments to be made.
 5 years ago '04        #71
space
space
 Graftedgenes said:
Common & the Roots never had MTV & BET?

Conversation over buddy you can't troll me.
you think they had them to this degree?
 5 years ago '05        #72
Double M Set 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,462 | Props total: 1570 1570
I'ma Buy Just To See If The streets Like It....Cuz Self Made 2<<<<<<<<CTE Cold Summer
 06-27-2012, 11:10 AM         #73
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SugaHillRomello said:
All u had to type is that Ross doesn't have white folks on his side. You can only sell but so much of ANYTHING in the U.S. if African Americans are your primary demographic.

Nicki
Wayne
Kanye
Jay
Em

All have established white fanbases. Its not a bad thing necessarily, Ross is just showing that u don't HAVE TO sell a million records to be successful, and u don't HAVE TO cater ur music to whites in order to get a release date. Ain't but 5 rappers who could outsell Ross right now. That ain't bad
I'd rather Ross go Gold and continue to cater his music for us instead of going the JayZ route or doing songs with Justin Timberlake & Emenim.

Poor Nicki Minaj had the Emenim song/single and went Plat but now look at her, T.I. gonna cater to them with his Emenim collabs, Kanye so effeminate he already got their love and Wayne is a genius with his bamboozle to get their support.

At the end of the day the outsiders just want to feel like they can be a part of the movement and they go insane when they feel left out.
 5 years ago '04        #74
space
space
this whole ross thing is turning into lebron without a ring. you can't have all of this and not go platinum ever. it makes no sense. if everybody messes with your music that much they can go and get it. there were too many black people on twitter posting pictures with their c4 album to say that they can't

there are even white people covering rick ross's songs now.

we all like your music. we just won't drop the 12 dollars for ya
 5 years ago '10        #75
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,661 | Props total: 4498 4498
Ross made stay schemin the first official single, stans need to gtfo with that bull ish

it flopped
 5 years ago '04        #76
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8457 8457
and yet the last album didn't even go gold.
if this album don't sale = Hov is Ova
 06-27-2012, 12:18 PM         #77
Yung Chance 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
selfmade 2 not pushing 60,000
GFID will sell 95,000
 5 years ago '10        #78
jt satan 79 heat pts79
space
space
$3,666 | Props total: 172 172
 SugaHillRomello said:
Different era.

50 cant go plat again

Nas Can't

Jeezy can't

Ross will probably outsell all 3 of them this year
you do realize tm103 went gold in a month right
 06-27-2012, 12:41 PM         #79
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
this whole ross thing is turning into lebron without a ring. you can't have all of this and not go platinum ever. it makes no sense. if everybody messes with your music that much they can go and get it. there were too many black people on twitter posting pictures with their c4 album to say that they can't

there are even white people covering rick ross's songs now.

we all like your music. we just won't drop the 12 dollars for ya
Sports and music are not the same, competitive athletes are judged on Champioships, recording artists are not judged on platinum plaques.

Could you imagine some Super-Geek talking about Wiz Khalifah didn't go platinum with "Rolling Papers" and how that effects his legacy? Hell no.

Platinum is YOUR validation because it's your only connection to the music and the only thing Vanilla Ice has over Rakim.
 5 years ago '04        #80
space
space
 Graftedgenes said:
Sports and music are not the same, competitive athletes are judged on Champioships, recording artists are not judged on platinum plaques.

Could you imagine some Super-Geek talking about Wiz Khalifah didn't go platinum with "Rolling Papers" and how that effects his legacy? Hell no.

Platinum is YOUR validation because it's your only connection to the music and the only thing Vanilla Ice has over Rakim.
my validation to what? im just saying has there ever been a rapper that has this much publicity, notoriety, popularity and everything else that hasn't gone platinum ever. its ridiculous to me
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
204 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
113 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy