Universal Delays 'Bourne Legacy' a Week to Avoid 'Dark Knight Rises'

most viewed right now
 56
NBA Rockets confirm right hamstring injury for Chris Paul, will be re-evaluate..
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 47
Image(s) inside Finished my 18 years of child support
22 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 34
Big Gipp Exposes What REALLY Happened Between Pimp C & Master P Forcing P TO L..
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 32
So Kanye Dug Up Whitney Houston's Grave And Spit In Her Face Scust
90 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #21
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,196 | Props total: 170 170
Misleading article. The original release date had Bourne against Total Recall. The would have had Bourne f!ghting two action movies, plus The Dark Knight Rises' lasting power.
 6 years ago '07        #22
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,196 | Props total: 170 170
 K TRICHES said:
TDKR is going to break the avengers record.
BOURNE need to drop 2 weeks after that would give people another movie to see in that span.
Now without 3D, and not with Total Recall stepping in to snatch some screens and show times thereafter.
 6 years ago '04        #23
GodsFavorite 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$9,294 | Props total: 3888 3888
bourne 4 shouldve been about bourne trying to avoid TDKRs release date
 6 years ago '04        #24
JFamis 236 heat pts236 OP
space
avatar space
space
$17,115 | Props total: 4589 4589
 KeithHernandez said:
Misleading article. The original release date had Bourne against Total Recall. The would have had Bourne f!ghting two action movies, plus The Dark Knight Rises' lasting power.
Did you read the article? They have a statement from Universal itself. They say nothing about Total Recall.
 6 years ago '05        #25
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276
space
avatar space
space
$14,269 | Props total: 5408 5408
Everyone is backing off to not be crushed by TDKR.

The Amazing Spider-Man on the other hand has about two weeks to make as much money as humanly possible until TDKR comes and takes over the box office.
 06-24-2012, 03:21 PM         #26
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DreamChasers said:
expendables 1 any good?

[pic - click to view]

 6 years ago '04        #27
JFamis 236 heat pts236 OP
space
avatar space
space
$17,115 | Props total: 4589 4589
 DaOmega_1 said:
Everyone is backing off to not be crushed by TDKR.

The Amazing Spider-Man on the other hand has about two weeks to make as much money as humanly possible until TDKR comes and takes over the box office.
Exactly. I don't think anyone's worried about Total Recall. It will do decent. Maybe open up to like $37M...
 6 years ago '05        #28
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276
space
avatar space
space
$14,269 | Props total: 5408 5408
 JFamis said:
Exactly. I don't think anyone's worried about Total Recall. It will do decent. Maybe open up to like $37M...
It's a name franchise with an A-lister coming out in late August.... It'll definitely make money.

BUT...

If they wanted to make some real money, they should've released this in June.
 6 years ago '07        #29
TH35 105 heat pts105
space
avatar space
space
$87,650 | Props total: 16218 16218
 DaOmega_1 said:
Everyone is backing off to not be crushed by TDKR.

The Amazing Spider-Man on the other hand has about two weeks to make as much money as humanly possible until TDKR comes and takes over the box office.
TAS will be in a strong 2nd after those 2 weeks which will still be a win.
 6 years ago '04        #30
GodsFavorite 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$9,294 | Props total: 3888 3888
 DaOmega_1 said:
It's a name franchise with an A-lister coming out in late August.... It'll definitely make money.

BUT...

If they wanted to make some real money, they should've released this in June.
colin farrel isnt the box office draw he once was. this is gonna bomb. no promotion, no powerful names, and i dont see it having great WOM
 6 years ago '05        #31
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276
space
avatar space
space
$14,269 | Props total: 5408 5408
 GodsFavorite said:
colin farrel isnt the box office draw he once was. this is gonna bomb. no promotion, no powerful names, and i dont see it having great WOM
I think people feel affection for the original, so it will affect word of mouth negatively...

Total Recall seems like it'll probably be a modest success, but nowhere near a hit.
 6 years ago '07        #32
TH35 105 heat pts105
space
avatar space
space
$87,650 | Props total: 16218 16218
 DaOmega_1 said:
I think people feel affection for the original, so it will affect word of mouth negatively...

Total Recall seems like it'll probably be a modest success, but nowhere near a hit.
True, an estimated 200 million yikes
 6 years ago '05        #33
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276
space
avatar space
space
$14,269 | Props total: 5408 5408
 TH35 said:
True, an estimated 200 million yikes


WOW... Didn't know it'd be that expensive...

Also, if this is PG-13 (which it will probably be), the backlash will be thunderous.
 6 years ago '04        #34
JFamis 236 heat pts236 OP
space
avatar space
space
$17,115 | Props total: 4589 4589
 DaOmega_1 said:
It's a name franchise with an A-lister coming out in late August.... It'll definitely make money.

BUT...

If they wanted to make some real money, they should've released this in June.
Is Colin Farrell really an A-lister though? He has t been the star of a movie that made more than $100M at the box office in nine years. Horrible Bosses he was a supporting character.

I think this will do worse than Terminator: Salvation
 6 years ago '04        #35
JFamis 236 heat pts236 OP
space
avatar space
space
$17,115 | Props total: 4589 4589
 DaOmega_1 said:
I think people feel affection for the original, so it will affect word of mouth negatively...

Total Recall seems like it'll probably be a modest success, but nowhere near a hit.
It's my Dad's favorite movie. He saw a trailer during NBA Finals and him and his boys were like "Why'd they make this sh*t?"
 6 years ago '05        #36
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276
space
avatar space
space
$14,269 | Props total: 5408 5408
 JFamis said:
Is Colin Farrell really an A-lister though? He has t been the star of a movie that made more than $100M at the box office in nine years. Horrible Bosses he was a supporting character.
I was talking about The Bourne Legacy in that post.

Well, I mean TBL will need to avoid getting clobbered by TDKR or The Expendables 2 (lets face it, regardless of quality, it will make money) which opens the week after. Total Recall... is the LEAST of its problems.
 6 years ago '05        #37
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276
space
avatar space
space
$14,269 | Props total: 5408 5408
 JFamis said:
It's my Dad's favorite movie. He saw a trailer during NBA Finals and him and his boys were like "Why'd they make this sh*t?"
Dude, I love Total Recall (and the Phillip K. d!ck short story that inspired it)... So, no one was more pissed that they were remaking it than me...

Especially from Len Weisman? The guy behind the Underworld movies? The f*ck?

No. Just no.
 6 years ago '06        #38
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
avatar space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
nolan the GOAT about to shut down everything about to leave his haters bitter as hell
 6 years ago '04        #39
JFamis 236 heat pts236 OP
space
avatar space
space
$17,115 | Props total: 4589 4589
 DaOmega_1 said:
I was talking about The Bourne Legacy in that post.

Well, I mean TBL will need to avoid getting clobbered by TDKR or The Expendables 2 (lets face it, regardless of quality, it will make money) which opens the week after. Total Recall... is the LEAST of its problems.
Ah. I was saying I think Total Recall will open in the high $30M. I think Bourne can do $50... Maybe...
 6 years ago '04        #40
MochaWhitey 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$5,527 | Props total: 389 389
 TH35 said:
Is it rated R? if so, no.
yeah its rated R

Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 23
Video inside May 23 - tough on crime republican state representative cries when caug..
56 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 18
Video inside You like t**ties? You'll like these ones... MILFY
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
May 23 - 7-Eleven Planning To Sell CBD Products in 4,000 Locations
72 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 13
condoms are lame as fu-k
64 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside Jas Prince got Cuban links for da feets
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside well damn Young Ma looking more swole than 95% of you niggas
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside A Nice Palmed Sized Moroccan Ass
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 3
Jersey Drug King-Pin gets sworn in as a lawyer
59 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy