Kobe Bryant is the PROBLEM, not the solution for the Lakers (article)

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
69 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-24-2012, 05:50 PM         #81
bigntastee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wtf is this sh*t get in line manye you are stats hoe
 5 years ago '04        #82
Prjhov03 
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 27 27
This is dead on!!!!
 06-24-2012, 05:55 PM         #83
NeoDaMatrix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lionlil said:
Im Bias sooo

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #84
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
I kind of agree. His shot selection is a.ss anymore. Two seven footers and he doesn't want to dump the ball inside but says guys like Pau need to be more aggressive, missed me with that one Mamba. The problem is when he does go into the Matrix (which he still happens fairly often) and bails us out everything gets forgotten. Me and my brother were talking about how we'd rather have a shooting guard that at least attempts to get the bigs involved as opposed to this aging Kobe.

Add that ridiculous contract into the mix combined with Jim Buss wanting to keep salary down and you have a bunch of first and second round exits for the remainder of the Kobe era.
 5 years ago '12        #85
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
i think Kobe got enough in the tank till 40

Jordan averaged 20 ppg 4 ast 5 reb as a 39 yr old Wizard
 5 years ago '09        #86
WiLL 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,927 | Props total: 192 192
First page.
 5 years ago '04        #87
WBD 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$366 | Props total: 4 4
 KURUPTION!!! said:
I kind of agree. His shot selection is a.ss anymore. Two seven footers and he doesn't want to dump the ball inside but says guys like Pau need to be more aggressive, missed me with that one Mamba. The problem is when he does go into the Matrix (which he still happens fairly often) and bails us out everything gets forgotten. Me and my brother were talking about how we'd rather have a shooting guard that at least attempts to get the bigs involved as opposed to this aging Kobe.

Add that ridiculous contract into the mix combined with Jim Buss wanting to keep salary down and you have a bunch of first and second round exits for the remainder of the Kobe era.
Its the point gaurd's job to distribute the ball. Sessions needed to run the offense and stop differing to Kobe. Pau Gasol is way to passive. If he had heart like Kobe then he would be a great player. The only player Kobe could trust is Bynum but its easy to double-team a big when there are no shooting threats on the floor.

I agree that Kobe gets carried away shooting sometimes but if he had players he trusted then Im sure he'd pass more. and according to Soda pop's stats Kobe averaged 1.1 more a.ssists a game than Jordan the basketball god.
 5 years ago '04        #88
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 WBD said:
Its the point gaurd's job to distribute the ball. Sessions needed to run the offense and stop differing to Kobe. Pau Gasol is way to passive. If he had heart like Kobe then he would be a great player. The only player Kobe could trust is Bynum but its easy to double-team a big when there are no shooting threats on the floor.

I agree that Kobe gets carried away shooting sometimes but if he had players he trusted then Im sure he'd pass more. and according to Soda pop's stats Kobe averaged 1.1 more a.ssists a game than Jordan the basketball god.
That's why I said that I only partially agree. Kobe is who he is and he's not going to change. You need an exceptional set up guy who is going to get everyone their shots which Sessions was not. With the way this team is currently built we need an elite PG.
 5 years ago '07        #89
Sleazy 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,560 | Props total: 307 307
 Blacknitro said:
What exactly does that mean? I've seen ppl say that for at least a year, maybe a couple of years and never understood it.

Does he mean that he made the first page of the thread or does he mean the thread is being promoted on the home page?
 5 years ago '06        #90
insert.cliche 
space
space
$1,283 | Props total: 8 8
for the next 2 years, kobe is the biggest impediment to the lakers winning a title. and it's not just 'kobe haters' thinking this.

from a lakers' blog:

lakers won't win a title between now and 2014 ... but not b/c of kobe's ability. in fact he can probably play out the string as one of the three best players in the league.

no, the lakers will not contend for title b/c he makes $30 MILLION A YEAR. LA can't trade him nor would any team with prospects for winning actually trade for him. the lakers cannot realistically field a title winning product based solely on the fact that their best player's salary prevents it.

the lakers will go on w/ kobe, sell tickets and jerseys the whole goddamn way. just stop believing the next two years are anything more than a farewell sideshow.
 5 years ago '10        #91
BEASTMODE863 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,171 | Props total: 299 299
solid read
 5 years ago '04        #92
lfletcher 
space
space
$2,167 | Props total: 136 136

[pic - click to view]

= his salary.

5 years ago '12        #93
Julian 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,685 | Props total: 2304 2304
We not trading Kobe, It's called business sense. Lakers fans who go to the game are fickle. And no Kobe= Lots of money lost in the seats.. Not to mention we damn near made it our first year with a new coach and completely new system.

My Lakers not stupid to trade Kobe. and the only team that would make the trade if it came down to it is the Knicks. but we know they're known for losing So that's not going to happen

Last edited by Julian; 06-24-2012 at 10:18 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #94
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
^^
The Lakers can't trade Kobe without his consent anyway.
 5 years ago '04        #95
KIngJames23 
space
space
$272 | Props total: 5 5
Lotta intresting points in this article.... I'm a Lakers fan, always have respected and watched kobe since his arrival in LA... Here's my opinion, one he makes too much is a fact... We could attract better future players to the Lakers with a marginal paycut. Two, ask me at 34 if i would take a paycut knowing damn well im worth triple that to a business, my answer is never... With Gasols Minimal worth and the free agent market they can bring in the talent, pay the luxury tax on kobe jerseys sales alone.... Truth is as a business do u ride him into the sunset and maybe pay too much for other aging parts to make a run these next few years or do u wait? tough choice when Kobe has the Lakers by the balls 30mil next two years and a no trade clause is hitler-like. Respect his game and what he's done on the court. Respect whatever way the lakers go, its going to be an intresting two years... 5 championships for my favorite player durning my teens and early 20's?! I'll take it and wait a few years if i have to. I'm a Bucs fan sooo waiting is all ive done....
 5 years ago '04        #96
LilKray 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,304 | Props total: 2 2
I'm surprised Jason Whitlock didn't write this.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
180 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy