Analysis of Skip's points against Cuban

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
175 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
131 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
38 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '04        #61
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 Fly 2ndComing said:
A lot of what is in this piece by Morris is just as bad as Skip's daily hogwash. I guess Danny Ferry was incompetent as a GM and ruined LeBron for seven years should be taken as the gospel. But one of his teams made the NBA Finals and two more won 60+ games. So if that's the case how were the teams bad? I guess those were just lucky instances.

I could go on all day finding things to nitpick at with this piece but I wont because I dont give a fu*k since it's mostly opinion based and guess what people, thats the same thing clown a.ss Skip does.
The playoffs are a different tale. You're competing against the top teams in the league not once but in a best of 7 series. Teams will make adjustments solely on you not thinning about who their next opponent is. Winning 60 games in the regular season is impressive but any player can tell you that all of that goes out the window in the playoffs. Look at the bulls this year for instance.
 5 years ago '08        #62
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,648 | Props total: 1219 1219
 mikeyajeto said:
Yo that's a really good point. Also, the bias on all of the shows is disgusting. ESPN has the worst east coast bias I could fu*king imagine.

The Mariners, Seahawks, and Sonics have never gotten love on SportsCenter. When the Seahawks went to Super Bowl XL, I don't remember them going crazy that the refs screwed us over. I don't remember them making a huge deal out of the Mariners 116 wins in 2001. And I don't even remember them talking about our team no-hitter this year

Those analysts just love to build up big teams and sh*t on Seattle teams, for whatever reason.
ya but

when do you EVER see sports center talk about the pirates or steelers? never

even when lamar woodly was on he asked..WHY DONT YALL EVER TALK ABOUT THE STEELERS!

so its not just a west thing
 06-24-2012, 01:09 PM         #63
mikeyajeto  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gmengfx said:
ya but

when do you EVER see sports center talk about the pirates or steelers? never

even when lamar woodly was on he asked..WHY DONT YALL EVER TALK ABOUT THE STEELERS!

so its not just a west thing
They talk about Big Ben and sh*t all the time
 5 years ago '08        #64
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
 mikeyajeto said:
They talk about Big Ben and sh*t all the time
if hes hurt or raping some body.

ill watch sports center all day..the only time they talk about the game we played is if we play new england or the cowboys or some sh*t
 5 years ago '10        #65
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1616 1616
 mikeyajeto said:
Yo that's a really good point. Also, the bias on all of the shows is disgusting. ESPN has the worst east coast bias I could fu*king imagine.

The Mariners, Seahawks, and Sonics have never gotten love on SportsCenter. When the Seahawks went to Super Bowl XL, I don't remember them going crazy that the refs screwed us over. I don't remember them making a huge deal out of the Mariners 116 wins in 2001. And I don't even remember them talking about our team no-hitter this year

Those analysts just love to build up big teams and sh*t on Seattle teams, for whatever reason.

They show no attention to my Brewers and basically blackballed my n*gga Braun.
 06-24-2012, 01:15 PM         #66
mikeyajeto  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rawse Bawse said:
They show no attention to my Brewers and basically blackballed my n*gga Braun.
I feel you son. fu*k their biased a.ss show.

Still gonna watch it though
 06-24-2012, 01:20 PM         #67
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Steelers get talked about all the fu*king time what the fu*k are you talking about.

And nobody talks about the Pirates because they generally fu*king suck
 5 years ago '08        #68
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
 -BigC- said:
The Steelers get talked about all the fu*king time what the fu*k are you talking about.

And nobody talks about the Pirates because they generally fu*king suck

welll ya..you win that one lmao..but

it must just be like..im a fan..so i never catch when they talk about us or something you know

it just seems all i hear is

lions..eagles..cowboys..new england..colts...raiders..falcons...ect
 5 years ago '08        #69
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
but to say ben (all the time)

this doesnt really help your argument..(THAT MUCH)

if he wasnt hurt..hed be small as sh*t

[pic - click to view]

06-24-2012, 01:39 PM         #70
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Teams get talked about as they start competing consistently. The Steelers received a lot of coverage for a while, same with the Ravens. Twice a year the Steelers/Ravens is the most talked about game for the week.
 5 years ago '04        #71
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,961 | Props total: 11711 11711
Yo i'm as anti-Skip baseless as anyone.. I think he's a troll, a chump, an over-exaggerating hyperbole-happy shock value sorry excuse for a "journalist" (I use the term loosely in his case) and I wouldn't mind if his show got cancelled. Although we all know it won't, and the fact is that creating threads like this lets Skip win..

That being said, Skip's Lebron hate over the past few years wasn't unwarranted. The fact is LeBron gave us ammunition to hate on him from the second he announced taking his talents to SB RIGHT UP until the Indiana series. He loaded up the gun for us, by pulling a no-show vs the Spurs (who he was outmatched by, I'lll give him that) in the finals.. Then he added more fuel to the fire when he mailed in game 6 vs the Celtics when he was with the Cavs, Then he took his talents to South Beach,, making him the most unlikeable player outside of Miami in all of sports. Maybe he didn''t owe much to Cleveland, but imho he owed it to his home state the decency not to take a sloppy wet sh*t all over his home state and team on national TV. Then the not 5, not 6, not 7. He proceeded to choke away his chances of a title in 2011 by no-showing in the finals AGAIN vs Dallas.. . This season it was more of the same until the playoffs. He didn't want the ball for the last shot (Allstar game, Utah Jazz game, countless others), he disappeared late in games during critical stretches, and cemented his reputation as having "no clutch gene" It wasn't until he was losing to the Pacers, when Wade got hurt and he wasn't given a choice but to take over that things finally started to click. From three he was unstoppable. And the rest is history, one of the best postseason performances by a single player I can remember seeing.

People forget now that Peyton Manning used to get no respect either. He was anti-clutch, couldn't win the big one, Brady owned his a.ss. He got roasted, maybe not as badly as Lebron but Lebron is the biggest superstar in his sport. The hatred / disdain was comparable though. It wasn't until Peyton led his team on a comeback from down 21-3 at halftime to the Pats en route to a Super Bowl win that he got respect.. Now? He's worshiped by just about everyone, including his former critics (myself included) I see the same type of thing happening with Lebron, especially if he's able to win another ring or 2. This will be ancient history. Players develop. People forget the bad times when it's all good. We are all prisoners of the moment. We weren't all wrong about King James, we were calling it as it was. The times, the circumstance, and the player just changed.

Maybe Skip will stop with the hate now that Lebron's gotten the monkey off his back. He damn well should. I think that'll be a real test of his credibility going forward.

Last edited by torious; 06-24-2012 at 03:47 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #72
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
great read. I like what he said about Lebron and Cleveland too. He owes nothing to Cleveland. He was carrying that team for too damn long with nobody good to help him. This is why basketball is a TEAM sport and even an All-Star needs a good team surrounding him to win a championship.
 5 years ago '07        #73
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
I think Mark Cuban meant to say Bayless & Co. simplify sports more than generalize. Yes, there are a lot of generalities thrown about that don't mean anything, but their primary goal is to rest a hat on one point and make sure it fits, no matter what.

It sucks, because the dumbification of America is leaking into sports. A fu*king hobby. People want to thump their chests and yell louder than the next to prove a point, when these games can be easily defined. Instead, they want to create heroes and chronicle them with hyperbole and grandiose declarations -- just to break them down.

Look no further than Westbrook through the entire Finals. Look at what was said about James after Game 1, and how they backtracked by Game 4.

They want to resort to their conventional wisdom, to what they thought the game was supposed to be like according to 50-year-old standards, when the athletes on the court now aren't conventional. You've got a 6'9 250-pound power forward playing the 1 through 5, and they expect Westbrook to be a traditional PG like Steve Nash. And worst, it's not even the style of play that made the Thunder so successful.

I'm telling you.. I love sports media, partly because it's my profession, because there's so much potential for debate -- but I like to see the discourse elevated beyond who wants it more and who didn't show up.

You see the same thing in football when a QB like Peyton Manning allegedly chokes, but the defense receives no credit. Tracy Porter didn't intercept him, but Manning threw it away. Dumb sh*t.
 5 years ago '04        #74
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,670 | Props total: 11313 11313
good read.

skip's a hoe.
 5 years ago '08        #75
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
i still dont get why people forget how to use the remote ?

its pretty simple now

like when they talking about baseball..

i go to the middle of my remote ..and its like arrows..

left/right/up/down

and i gently press the up button..and that takes me to another channel

i will be at the pittsburgh library next sunday at 3pm giving lessons

5$ admission

(please bring your own remote) they are all different

i understand its not easy at first..but im telling you.. a little practice of hitting the up or down button..really gets you good after a while..like im at the point now where..if i dont like a channel ..i can literally..change it in less then a second..ITS CRAZYY!!! i never thought i would be this good
 5 years ago '04        #76
Prjhov03 
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 27 27
Skip is a bi*ch plain and simple
 06-24-2012, 07:06 PM         #77
mikeyajeto  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gmengfx said:
but to say ben (all the time)

this doesnt really help your argument..(THAT MUCH)

if he wasnt hurt..hed be small as sh*t

[pic - click to view]

There is not one Seahawks player on that fu*king pic
 06-24-2012, 09:10 PM         #78
Got Cheeve?  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mikeyajeto said:

There is not one Seahawks player on that fu*king pic
As a Jacksonville fan, I'm going to have to respectfully ask you not to get mad. If there's news about Jacksonville, its usually, "When the hell are they going to move to L.A. anyway? Tarps! Is there any Jacksonville fans?"

Even though Jax outsells at least 10 other NFL teams and hasn't had a blackout in 2 1/2 years. Counter that with Tampa Bay which has blackouts for nearly every home game recently. But that's never discussed.
 06-24-2012, 10:29 PM         #79
mikeyajeto  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Got Cheeve? said:
As a Jacksonville fan, I'm going to have to respectfully ask you not to get mad. If there's news about Jacksonville, its usually, "When the hell are they going to move to L.A. anyway? Tarps! Is there any Jacksonville fans?"

Even though Jax outsells at least 10 other NFL teams and hasn't had a blackout in 2 1/2 years. Counter that with Tampa Bay which has blackouts for nearly every home game recently. But that's never discussed.
No disrespect but you don't have much players to recognize as standouts besides MJD you guys did get a lot of recognition for that hail mary pass to Mike Thomas

I mean, the Seahawks have one of the best (top 5) defenses in the league, and probably the best young defense in the entire league. We are just putting the finishing touches on our offense and the only question marks there are at QB, but we have multiple viable options there. We just do not deserve the lack of attention, especially because Seattle is a fairly big market.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
89 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
23 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago