Analysis of Skip's points against Cuban

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
57 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
70 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #41
The N 467 heat pts467
space
space
$45,555 | Props total: 17211 17211
I am going to have my own Sport Talk Show on ESPN soon

wouldn't doubt it
 5 years ago '04        #42
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
E is for entertainment

You can do the same thing with political pundits on CNN and Fox News. Being loud and demonstrative with opposing and controversial view points trumps knowledge and debatable facts EVERY. SINGLE. TIME
 5 years ago '04        #43
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,184 | Props total: 3330 3330
Good insight...

Though im not too sure about the Dan Gilbert/Cleveland/Cavs Organization bashing, that when a little too far. I understand Cleveland wasn't exactly loaded during LeBron's playing time their but that team was built around LeBron they all flourished playing alongside LeBron. So to totally discredit them just because they could not go out and sign the top free agents and make a "Big 3" is looking at it from an after the fact perspective, this whole concept is new, meaning just signing the biggest name players to one team. It's more likely you are able to form your "Superteam" down in South Beach, then you will be able to in Cleveland lets be real. And they were winning games so no lottery picks. LeBron also had to mature and develop its not all Cleveland's fault Bron didn't win a ring with the Cavs. Were people honestly expecting LeBron from 18 years old to just win all the rings?

He also when over board with the Westbrook could not be stopped and Durant was smothered non-sense. Westbrook dominated game 4... But he shot horrible for most of the series, while Durant averaged 30 shooting 55% from the field. Westbrook was not the savoir and neither was Durant, they have to mature and develop just like all players do. If 5 years from now we look back at was happened in these Finals as OKC choking, or them being a terrible team outside of Durant and Westbrook, and management not doing enough to have them win this championship... That's not fair to them, just because they lost does not mean they suck.
 5 years ago '11        #44
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 1269 1269
This was a good read.. As much as I dislike Lebron, I have to respect his game. And I agree with what was highlighted in red.

Let’s just go ahead and blow another point up, and this one happens off the floor: LeBron left Cleveland because Dan Gilbert never put a team around him. He never had a plan. I mean, he still doesn’t have a plan today. For seven years, LeBron was stuck in a city that totally relied on him, didn’t have a meaningful general manager, or coach. Study Cleveland’s offensive schemes with LeBron long enough, and you realize why he failed: He wasn’t Michael Jordan.
LeBron James is a pass first player, and Gilbert wanted him to be a shoot first player. Gilbert was given a gift, and he squandered it for seven years. LeBron owes nothing to the city of Cleveland. If you want to hate someone in Cleveland, hate Dan Gilbert
Michael Jordan never won a championship until he was put into the right scheme. Remember that.
Durant is an awesome player, but the focus is on Lebron James. Too much focus on Lebron will leave players such as Chalmers, Wade, and Bosh open for the lanes. I mean, Lebron is an athletic beast that can just drive up in the lane, with a zone defense being a key to stop him, thus leaving the hot outside players to score. His passing game is exceptionally great, to where the focus is everywhere that will leave other players open; a.ssist city. Same goes with Durant.

Ibaka is a great defender, but didn't have what Dirk had last year to keep em in check. Durant's passing game isn't as good as James'.

Putting two defenders on Durant is just about the worst thing you can do when the Thunder are playing small with Russell Westbrook and James Harden on the court. All KD has to do is kick the ball to either of them and let them drive into the lane with a reduced-help defense to slow them.

All in all, Skip Bayless needs to start being real and quit letting his hate interfere with reality. To many people take ESPN to serious, when in face, none of them necessarily have any intellectual knowledge of how defenses work, especially with how teams formulate them, and how each individual players work on their schemes with their individual skill set. Homie is way to biased, general, and basic.
 5 years ago '06        #45
raw51188 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,606 | Props total: 1 1
This was a decent read. But this dude doesn't know basketball like he professes.

1. MJ won his championship when he got proper players, not a proper system. Not to mention they won that first ship cuz magic was injured.

2. You can post up against a zone. Zone defenses guard whoever in their ZONE. If its a 3-2, dump it down low and go to work. What he said makes no sense.

3.lbj does not "easier" have 50 lbs on Durant. Gtfoh. Durant its at least 2" taller, and people overrate lbj size. If you ever seen him In street clothes, he's a regular strong a.ss tall dude. He's not a 6'8" shaq. People need to Srop with all that 270 lbs sh*t. He's 250, Durant is 225.

4. When has ANYONE, EVER, seen Lbj guard a center. I'll wait.

5. Pat reily doesn't fast break? Showtime Lakers. Enough said.

6. Durant played well. Lbj defense was solid, not transformative. He's not an all world one on one defender. He doesn't move his feet well enough.

7. Dirks defense had nothing to do with why Dallas beat Miami. They won because of Chandlers defense in the post alone, and Dirks unstoppable offense.

8. In what world is ibaka not faster, or quicker in every way than Chandler? he's not the one on one defender that Chandler is, or team defender bc he's too small and doesn't have the body strength or skill tyson does.

9. Marion was able to keep Lbj from abusing Dallas.

10. Lbj was passive as fu*k last year. And he DID take quarters off. fu*k that noise.

Nice try guy...
 5 years ago '11        #46
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 1269 1269
^^^
 5 years ago '07        #47
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
wow the writer of this just wishes so hard he could slurp bron's gooch hairs.
 5 years ago '04        #48
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$82,006 | Props total: 11808 11808
 Fly 2ndComing said:
A lot of what is in this piece by Morris is just as bad as Skip's daily hogwash. I guess Danny Ferry was incompetent as a GM and ruined LeBron for seven years should be taken as the gospel. But one of his teams made the NBA Finals and two more won 60+ games. So if that's the case how were the teams bad? I guess those were just lucky instances.

I could go on all day finding things to nitpick at with this piece but I wont because I dont give a fu*k since it's mostly opinion based and guess what people, thats the same thing clown a.ss Skip does.
his was a decent read. But this dude doesn't know basketball like he professes.

1. MJ won his championship when he got proper players, not a proper system. Not to mention they won that first ship cuz magic was injured.

2. You can post up against a zone. Zone defenses guard whoever in their ZONE. If its a 3-2, dump it down low and go to work. What he said makes no sense.

3.lbj does not "easier" have 50 lbs on Durant. Gtfoh. Durant its at least 2" taller, and people overrate lbj size. If you ever seen him In street clothes, he's a regular strong a.ss tall dude. He's not a 6'8" shaq. People need to Srop with all that 270 lbs sh*t. He's 250, Durant is 225.

6. Durant played well. Lbj defense was solid, not transformative. He's not an all world one on one defender. He doesn't move his feet well enough.

7. Dirks defense had nothing to do with why Dallas beat Miami. They won because of Chandlers defense in the post alone, and Dirks unstoppable offense.

8. In what world is ibaka not faster, or quicker in every way than Chandler? he's not the one on one defender that Chandler is, or team defender bc he's too small and doesn't have the body strength or skill tyson does.

10. Lbj was passive as fu*k last year. And he DID take quarters off. fu*k that noise.

Nice try guy...

This this and this. The author had me roped in at "love Michigan State" so I had to read all of it, but it was filled with opinions, some flat out wrong sh*t (I'd add one more to the lsit, author made it out to seem like KD is a one-dimensional catch and shoot-offensive player. That's bullsh*t. How is a catch and shoot only scorer 5th in free throws attempted? KD's offensiive game is complete. the main problem with the Thunder, as I've been saying all season, is that they lack a big who can score. That's one of the few things that the author was riight about. That's how you beat Miami... Also they needed another perimeter shooter who can knock down open threes off penetration from KD westbrook and harden. Harden turned into that when they dismantled the spurs; then he disappeared and all hell broke loose. Daquean cook ain't sh*t.

Last edited by torious; 06-24-2012 at 08:45 AM..
 5 years ago '09        #49
dbailey86 
space
space
$2,250 | Props total: 230 230
Good read
 5 years ago '08        #50
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,650 | Props total: 1220 1220
i dont get it though?

everything lebron said about last year..is what skip has been saying

mark cuban trying to make it about x's and o's

but EVEN LEBRON SAID

my head wastn right..i was playing mad..i wasnt in a groove..this year..i wanted it

does that kind of debunk mark cubans x's and o's

and lets be real...saying lebron shrunk..just makes mark cuban look bad..so of course hes gonna turn to x's and o's because it makes his team look good.

get real people..
 5 years ago '08        #51
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
 raw51188 said:
This was a decent read. But this dude doesn't know basketball like he professes.

Nice try guy...

wait no longer..this year he played center?

what are you talking about

5 years ago '09        #52
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,418 | Props total: 12358 12358
I also find it funny that when teams fail to win everybody goes right to the offensive side. The Thunder did have some flaws offensively but they were scoring enough to win games. Their problem vs the Heat was they couldn't keep anybody out of the lane, they couldnt recover to shooters, they routinely had miscommunications and were out of position, they wouldn't put forth the effort to defend the second or third or fourth efforts, they were routinely beat on the glass and on the 50/50 balls and they were horrible in transition. I saw way too many times they would score and then the Heat would beat them back for a bucket or so far out of position that it created a disadvantage.

The minor flaws offensively would have only given them large margins of victory like game one while fixing the defensive flaws could have helped them overcome those to win close games.
 5 years ago '08        #53
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
the only reason why im not going with that x's and o's sh*t

and cuz players like lebron..can rise above x's and o's and its just a matter of pure will..

iv played sports my whole life..

lebron could have shredded a zone defense if he "REALLY' wanted to. iv had championship games where..i just wasnt too into it..i dont no why..

and iv had others where i was in tunnel vision..like a fu*king animal..ready to win..it happens to the best of us
 5 years ago '11        #54
superdrunken 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,849 | Props total: 82 82
I saw Cuban spewing ad hominem not only towards Skip but towards all sports analysts in general, therefor he comes across as ignorant. Regardless of any legitimate points made, if that is how you start and base your arguments, you lost.

Also I can't remember if he even mentions Rick's name once, yet he keeps saying we like he had anything to do with Carlisle's brilliant coaching last year.
 5 years ago '04        #55
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,906 | Props total: 1149 1149
 mikeyajeto said:
Yeah I don't understand why he's given so much attention, really. I just thought it was great to point out how big of an imbecile Skip is and how flawed his reasoning is.
that's all i really picked up

i think anybody who has played organized basketball for at least 2-3 years during their childhood understands the concept of a zone defense and what it's designed to do
 5 years ago '07        #56
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,386 | Props total: 13044 13044
 EnlightenMe said:
you can't look at what they did after he left and say lebron had sh*tty teammates. those teams were built around him and his skillset. of course the cavs are going to suck after he left. but they were good complemetary pieces for him while he was there. and plus they lost a lot of other players besides bron after he left and were dealing with injuries to key players like varejao.

i said this in my first post already but i'll say it again: the sum of the parts doesn't equal the whole.
i've always felt this way. same as iverson's 6ers, who were also a hand-in-glove fit for the way he played. of course you can't take the biggest cog out of the machine and expect it still to function, but the roster was tailored to his strengths.
 06-24-2012, 11:39 AM         #57
mikeyajeto  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMagicMan said:
E is for entertainment

You can do the same thing with political pundits on CNN and Fox News. Being loud and demonstrative with opposing and controversial view points trumps knowledge and debatable facts EVERY. SINGLE. TIME
Yo that's a really good point. Also, the bias on all of the shows is disgusting. ESPN has the worst east coast bias I could fu*king imagine.

The Mariners, Seahawks, and Sonics have never gotten love on SportsCenter. When the Seahawks went to Super Bowl XL, I don't remember them going crazy that the refs screwed us over. I don't remember them making a huge deal out of the Mariners 116 wins in 2001. And I don't even remember them talking about our team no-hitter this year

Those analysts just love to build up big teams and sh*t on Seattle teams, for whatever reason.
 06-24-2012, 11:47 AM         #58
mikeyajeto  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 torious said:

This this and this. The author had me roped in at "love Michigan State" so I had to read all of it, but it was filled with opinions, some flat out wrong sh*t (I'd add one more to the lsit, author made it out to seem like KD is a one-dimensional catch and shoot-offensive player. That's bullsh*t. How is a catch and shoot only scorer 5th in free throws attempted? KD's offensiive game is complete. the main problem with the Thunder, as I've been saying all season, is that they lack a big who can score. That's one of the few things that the author was riight about. That's how you beat Miami... Also they needed another perimeter shooter who can knock down open threes off penetration from KD westbrook and harden. Harden turned into that when they dismantled the spurs; then he disappeared and all hell broke loose. Daquean cook ain't sh*t.

If Durant is guarded by a bigger athletic defender (i.e LeBron), he gets locked down. The best part of his game is catching and shooting the ball, and then also using his wingspan to his advantage when he has his defender beat and posterizing the sh*t out of any defender down low

But to say his game is complete is When he develops a better post game and bulks up a little bit, he could be the most unique player in the NBA because of his height and speed, and obviously skill.
 5 years ago '05        #59
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,402 | Props total: 676 676
That ether makes your soul burn slow... The real reason OKC lost is because OKC's role players disappeared because Miami controlled the tempo and wore them down... Also Westbrook scoring is great for the opposing team, if he starts off hitting early, he will continue to take questionable shots that he can make (if they go in, they're still questionable) and this takes Durant/Harden/etc out of any rhythm they may have had... Harden was passive and played nervously, and Durant couldn't stay out of foul trouble... It wasn't their time yet, but they will be back...
 5 years ago '12        #60
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
skip is a veteran guysss
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jump reveals Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters for Dragon Ball..
39 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy