Analysis of Skip's points against Cuban

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-23-2012, 07:43 PM         #21
mikeyajeto  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly 2ndComing said:
A lot of what is in this piece by Morris is just as bad as Skip's daily hogwash. I guess Danny Ferry was incompetent as a GM and ruined LeBron for seven years should be taken as the gospel. But one of his teams made the NBA Finals and two more won 60+ games. So if that's the case how were the teams bad? I guess those were just lucky instances.

I could go on all day finding things to nitpick at with this piece but I wont because I dont give a fu*k since it's mostly opinion based and guess what people, thats the same thing clown a.ss Skip does.
Because LeBron is the best player in the NBA.

If you think a supporting cast of Varejao, Gibson, Mo Williams, Big Z, and Antawn Jamison is a championship caliber supporting cast then you've lost your fu*king marbles. That isn't even a "win now" or "young" group of players. LeBron backpacked them year in and year out. I don't even recall him ever even having an all star on his team.
 5 years ago '04        #22
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,941 | Props total: 3140 3140
Damn good read. Dude knows his sh*t.
 5 years ago '12        #23
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 740 740
 mikeyajeto said:
Because LeBron is the best player in the NBA.

If you think a supporting cast of Varejao, Gibson, Mo Williams, Big Z, and Antawn Jamison is a championship caliber supporting cast then you've lost your fu*king marbles. That isn't even a "win now" or "young" group of players. LeBron backpacked them year in and year out. I don't even recall him ever even having an all star on his team.
it's incredible that people actually think one player can win 60 plus games. people look at lebron's teams and don't see any big names and automatically think that his teams suck. the sum of the parts doesn't equal the whole. those teams were built around lebron and his skillset. were they championship caliber? probably not. but lebron did have some damn good teams in cleveland.

i don't care if you have michael jordan. having one elite player on a bad team isn't going to get you 60 plus wins. michael was 88-104* (regular season and playoffs) in the three years before pippen came. lebron did not win 60 plus games by himself.

*note: i only counted the games he played in his second year because he was injured for most of it.

147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 06-23-2012 at 08:21 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #24
iamsoulja 182 heat pts182
space
space
$4,538 | Props total: 3784 3784
 EnlightenMe said:
it's incredible that people actually think one player can win 60 plus games. people look at lebron's teams and don't see any big names and automatically think that his teams suck. the sum of the parts doesn't equal the whole. those teams were built around lebron and his skillset. were they championship caliber? probably not. but lebron did have some damn good teams in cleveland.

i don't care if you have michael jordan. having one elite player on a bad team isn't going to get you 60 plus wins. michael was 88-104 (regular season and playoffs) in the three years before pippen came. lebron did not win 60 plus games by himself.
i get what your saying, but you gotta look at how many wins they got after he left. it was like 18 or so?
 06-23-2012, 08:20 PM         #25
Youngin19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EnlightenMe said:

i don't care if you have michael jordan. having one elite player on a bad team isn't going to get you 60 plus wins. michael was 88-104 (regular season and playoffs) in the three years before pippen came. lebron did not win 60 plus games by himself.
you take lebron off that team and they're a 30 win team
 5 years ago '05        #26
MATIX 
space
space
$7,987 | Props total: 68 68
cuban just wanted that argument more
 5 years ago '12        #27
space
space
 iamsoulja said:
i get what your saying, but you gotta look at how many wins they got after he left. it was like 18 or so?
 Youngin19 said:
you take lebron off that team and they're a 30 win team
you can't look at what they did after he left and say lebron had sh*tty teammates. those teams were built around him and his skillset. of course the cavs are going to suck after he left. but they were good complemetary pieces for him while he was there. and plus they lost a lot of other players besides bron after he left and were dealing with injuries to key players like varejao.

i said this in my first post already but i'll say it again: the sum of the parts doesn't equal the whole.

Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 06-24-2012 at 12:32 AM..
 06-23-2012, 08:33 PM         #28
Youngin19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EnlightenMe said:
you can't look at what they did after he left and say lebron had sh*tty teammates. those teams were built around him and his skillset. of course the cavs are going to suck after he left. but they were good complemetary pieces while for him while he was there.

i said this in my post already but i'll say it again: the sum of the parts doesn't equal the whole.
if you took most championships teams' Superstar and their team is still a playoff team

Jordan off the Bulls and they still was in the playoffs
if you took Kobe off the Lakers they'd still be a playoff team

you need players that can shine in their own right to win a championship and that's why the Bulls got eliminated in the 1st round this year and why Derrick Rose won't win a ring for a while...
 5 years ago '12        #29
space
space
 Youngin19 said:
if you took most championships teams' Superstar and their team is still a playoff team

Jordan off the Bulls and they still was in the playoffs
if you took Kobe off the Lakers they'd still be a playoff team

you need players that can shine in their own right to win a championship and that's why the Bulls got eliminated in the 1st round this year and why Derrick Rose won't win a ring for a while...
most is the key word. if you took olajuwon off of the 90's rockets they wouldn't be a playoff team but they still won titles. now i'm not even saying that the cavs were a championship team, but they were a damn good team and not as sh*tty as people made them out to be. if they had like one or two more solid pieces they might have been able to win it all at some point.

championship teams don't necessarily need a big name all-star caliber number two (aka a player that can shine in his own right) as long as you add enough depth and the right pieces to fit around your superstar. i.e. what the 90's rockets and '11 mavericks did. there are multiple ways to build a championship team. potentially the cavs could've done the same with lebron.

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 06-23-2012 at 09:11 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #30
DontHateDaGreat 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,358 | Props total: 2100 2100
 Youngin19 said:
I mean though LeBron average 38 8 and 8 against Orlando and dropped 49 in a game that they lost...you tell me how that happens?
Bad coaching and players giving up. All they needed to do was give hickson more minutes and not double howard and they would have beaten orlando. Boston did with without kg and took them deep into the series and the Lakers did it and beat them in 5 (because they had the 2nd highest fg% in finals history behind the mavs) that one game they won. Lebron didn't have this current level of talent back in cleveland but they were good enough to get into the finals again before he left. That celtics series in 2010 was also winnable if he didn't drop game 5 and the last 9 minutes of game 6 then they win game 7 in cleveland easy. People need to act like it was impossible. Unlikely? Sure, harder than with the heat? Yep, impossible? Nah
 06-23-2012, 09:26 PM         #31
Youngin19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DontHateDaGreat said:
Bad coaching and players giving up. All they needed to do was give hickson more minutes and not double howard and they would have beaten orlando. Boston did with without kg and took them deep into the series and the Lakers did it and beat them in 5 (because they had the 2nd highest fg% in finals history behind the mavs) that one game they won. Lebron didn't have this current level of talent back in cleveland but they were good enough to get into the finals again before he left. That celtics series in 2010 was also winnable if he didn't drop game 5 and the last 9 minutes of game 6 then they win game 7 in cleveland easy. People need to act like it was impossible. Unlikely? Sure, harder than with the heat? Yep, impossible? Nah
you clearly don't watch the game of basketball...

that Celtics series was winnable...if they played some damn defense. Rondo average like a triple double that series, scored at will and KG abused Jamison. Bron completely shut Paul Pierce down and they still lost...

in 08-09 when the Cavs faced Orlando, Hickson was a rookie and he wasn't even really part of the Cavs rotation. The game they didn't double DHoward dude dropped like 40 and they still won
 5 years ago '09        #32
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,414 | Props total: 12356 12356
 iamsoulja said:
I hate when people say this dumb sh*t. They lost more playersa than just lebron james along with the front office and coaching staff. There were big changes so you can't just say they lost because he left especially considering its a team sport
 5 years ago '11        #33
bezzle 11 heat pts11
space
space
$590 | Props total: 42 42
Good read!
 5 years ago '06        #34
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,575 | Props total: 4488 4488
No excuse for the "best player in the league" to score 17ppg on 40% shooting w/ 8 total 4th quarter points in a Finals series GTFOH.
 5 years ago '11        #35
GrindPOWER$ 390 heat pts390
space
space
$19,275 | Props total: 12544 12544
took soME excerpts from the piece can't read all that sh*t you not paying me
1.skip is there for rating him and steven a got the good guy vs bad guy routine down pat
2.lebron made the haters eat HIM alive last year..the books no media no social network really help
3.OKC just straight up choke...how you beat the best of your conference and come choke at the finals
4.LEBRON FINALLY GOT HIS RING...TELL THE OTHER TEAMS THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR.

Last edited by GrindPOWER$; 06-24-2012 at 12:35 AM..
 06-24-2012, 01:01 AM         #36
freakbucket  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This was a great read.

I dislike when analyst and Skip or whomever else, come with those dumb punch lines. I was talking to my moms the other day and she was like, well Stephen A said Miami just didn't want it, etc... He said they got blown off the floor and all these other shock words. THen I pull up the box score and show her that stats. They made the same amount of FGs,3 pointers, etc.. this was after game 1. The problem was free throws. fu*k it, throw in some turnovers too. All that sh*t all the analyst around the world said when Miami out rebounded, had more a.ssist, etc... and the only statistical part that OKC won were free throws? Come on.

I don't care about lebron leaving. I don't care about him having a show, that THESE people who have false gods and idols watched, or about him saying he wanted to win a bunch of rings. the FIRST year he went to another team, they reached the finals. The next, they won the championship. I mean damn.
 5 years ago '05        #37
arkansas@$$hole 
space
space
$909 | Props total: 786 786
Good read man! I'm still waiting on some one to completely destroy him and make him look bad on live tv. He gets snap and destroy any player he wants and get way with bashing them but he can't take any back in return. Look at Skip vs Jalen Rose, Rose went at him hard and poor Skip's feelings were hurt. I liked it, more like "Water Pistol Pete" lol.
 5 years ago '04        #38
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,608 | Props total: 1775 1775
I disagreed with some minor points but overall this is
 5 years ago '06        #39
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
great read
 06-24-2012, 02:00 AM         #40
mikeyajeto  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
First hot topic

I don't know what to do with myself
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
21 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
81 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
184 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy