2012 NHL Offseason Thread

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
33 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #101
stv18 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,622 | Props total: 101 101
Word is Pitt and Hawks are the front runners right now. Get it done Stan!
 5 years ago '10        #102
WhoNextWithPlex 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,843 | Props total: 6014 6014
i would sh*t a brick if parise and crosby actually get to play together.

jordan who?
 5 years ago '05        #103
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
Any news?

5 years ago '10        #104
space
space
 Yinz N Burgh said:
As much as I want Parise, I don't think that fixes everything. Parise/Crosby and Malkin/Neal is deadly. But now they need a permanent 3rd line center. Hopefully Brandon Sutter can fill that role. They need to address defense badly; moving Martin his contract and his sh*tty play and acquire some shut down D. If Riskanen has to go then so be it.

But yo, I got a really good feeling about Parise coming to the Burgh. Malkin and Neal played amazing together last year and that kind of leaves Crosby with nobody to play with. So he gets his good friend on the horn.

never lose faith in Tyler Kennedy.
 5 years ago '10        #105
space
space
 Yinz N Burgh said:
Man, I've defended that who for a whole year. Everybody is mad they kept him over Talbot. He's got one more year in my book.
i would take him as a utility player any day. hes almost the perfect 3rd line center if you ask me but if pitt fans were looking for more offense out of him then yeah that 10 goals or whatever he had isnt great but it aint bad. dude has serious speed and balance on skates.
 5 years ago '07        #106
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
Are Pena fans actually worrying about a 3rd line centr when they just got sutter?
 5 years ago '07        #107
theFREAK 3685 heat pts3685
space
space
$53,744 | Props total: 38635 38635
 5 years ago '10        #108
space
space
alright gentlemen, enough of this bullsh*t

The free agent market is in virtual gridlock waiting for Zach Parise and Ryan Suter to announce where they intend to spend the next 10-plus years of their lives.

Both players have been bombarded with mega-term, mega-million dollar offers, so the decision now comes down to where each player wants to be, and believes he has the best chance of winning a Stanley Cup.

This isn't just a waiting game, it's a game of dominos.

The most impacted player by this process is Columbus Blue Jackets captain Rick Nash, who sits quietly on the sidelines waiting for a trade, a deal that Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson thinks will bring a premium return once those teams who fail to land Parise are identified.

The New York Rangers, Detroit Red Wings and Philadelphia Flyers stand as the top three Nash trade targets, although Carolina, a club not originally on Nash's list, may be intriguing enough for the star forward to consider expanding the list of teams he's willing to go to.

The San Jose Sharks are also on the list, but, they will not make a deal if Logan Couture has to be included, so they remain somewhat of a long-shot.

There is no doubt Nash is growing frustrated by a process that dates back to January. However, Howson is counting on a bidding war and the only way to test that theory is to wait for the trade offers once Parise is out of the mix.

It might be the most expensive game of dominos the National Hockey League has ever seen.
 5 years ago '05        #109
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,313 | Props total: 270 270
 WhoNextWithPlex said:
parise staying wont be a miracle at all bro. i fully expect him to re-sign with NJ today. brodeur tested free agency too. you gotta feel out your options but i dont see Parise leaving Travis Zajac to be honest. they are a serious tandem.

and i see you about brodeur. personally have always put him ahead of Roy. he is the best of all time no doubt so i see why you want him to stick around with all the athleticism it looks like he has left. but at the same time i would be concerned about giving up any cap space to a player whos body could shut down on him at any time. his heart is in it but who knows how long he has physically.
To me Brodeur is an ageless wonder lol. Def better than Roy.

Yinz N Burgh said:
Do they have enough cap? Word on the streets is Crosby sat with Parise's parents at Devils/Pens game.

I'm glad half of the DaVilles dreams could come true but Parise to Pittsburgh coming soon...

[pic - click to view]

Honestly i dont think Pitt is in it anymore. I think it comes down to Minnasota and Nj but who knows. Ive been refreshing my twitter for the past 2 days. Havent even thought about Boxden.
Signing Marty and Salvadore was big to have them entice Parise back.
Only thing that scares me is JP Parise having an influence. If he does its all Minnasota or Pitt. If his fiance has influence i think he chooses NJ. So many facotrs though. If he goes to Pitt he will not be captain. He has just as good a chance of winning the cup in Nj as Pitt or Chicago with a far cry from winning a cup being in Minnasota.

Yinz N Burgh said:
As much as I want Parise, I don't think that fixes everything. Parise/Crosby and Malkin/Neal is deadly. But now they need a permanent 3rd line center. Hopefully Brandon Sutter can fill that role. They need to address defense badly; moving Martin his contract and his sh*tty play and acquire some shut down D. If Riskanen has to go then so be it.

But yo, I got a really good feeling about Parise coming to the Burgh. Malkin and Neal played amazing together last year and that kind of leaves Crosby with nobody to play with. So he gets his good friend on the horn.

If Parise doesnt go to Pitt and Stays with NJ (fingers crossed) than expect Semin on your team lol

Last edited by DaViLLe726; 07-03-2012 at 04:43 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #110
Rick Ross 224 heat pts224
space
space
$10,714 | Props total: 11210 11210
Jaromir Jagr has agreed to one-year, $4.5-million deal with the Dallas Stars

5 years ago '10        #111
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
 Rick Ross said:

:kobewh atever2:
 5 years ago '10        #112
space
space
 Rick Ross said:

just read that

the fu*k is either of them thinking?
 5 years ago '05        #113
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
 WhoNextWithPlex said:
just read that

dallas stars becoming the washington redskins of the nhl hahaha

im a redskin fan tho
 5 years ago '10        #114
Rick Ross 224 heat pts224
space
space
$10,714 | Props total: 11210 11210
 WhoNextWithPlex said:
just read that

don't know what dallas is thinking, but jagr's thinking like
 5 years ago '07        #115
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
$28,260 | Props total: 307 307
I love the moves buffalo and Montreal made, adding big tough guys to try and stand up to the Bruins, I love it. cant wait for the season to start.
 5 years ago '10        #116
space
space
 DaViLLe726 said:
dallas stars becoming the washington redskins of the nhl hahaha

im a redskin fan tho
really?

im a skins fan too and ive always thought it was hilarious that of all the teams i could have picked from the nfl.(since im from toronto)i ended up picking one that manages themselves in the exact same way my other teams do. (jays and leafs). even though it was sean taylor that made me a fan in the first place i didnt know much about the franchise when i got on board in 06.

we just cant stop pumping out money to these bums. nevermind the fact that rookies like jeff skinner are around. just overpay veterans to put up mediocre numbers. as long as seats are filled everything is gravy.
 5 years ago '05        #117
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
 WhoNextWithPlex said:
really?

im a skins fan too and ive always thought it was hilarious that of all the teams i could have picked from the nfl.(since im from toronto)i ended up picking one that manages themselves in the exact same way my other teams do. (jays and leafs). even though it was sean taylor that made me a fan in the first place i didnt know much about the franchise when i got on board in 06.

we just cant stop pumping out money to these bums. nevermind the fact that rookies like jeff skinner are around. just overpay veterans to put up mediocre numbers. as long as seats are filled everything is gravy.
Yea man im from jersey and a die hard skins fan. Sean Taylor was goat. But regardless look at our track record man lol D Sanders...Bruce Smith (although he did ok for us) Jeff George lmao. I absolutley hate that mother fu*ker Daniel Snyder hes the biggest piece of sh*t owner in all of sports. He made Al Davis look like Lou Lamirello imo.
Anyway looks like Dallas is following the pattern. Maybe they should sign Pavel Bure lol.

In regaurds to our skins. RG3 is something to look foward too!!!!
 5 years ago '10        #118
space
space
 DaViLLe726 said:
Yea man im from jersey and a die hard skins fan. Sean Taylor was goat. But regardless look at our track record man lol D Sanders...Bruce Smith (although he did ok for us) Jeff George lmao. I absolutley hate that mother fu*ker Daniel Snyder hes the biggest piece of sh*t owner in all of sports. He made Al Davis look like Lou Lamirello imo.
Anyway looks like Dallas is following the pattern. Maybe they should sign Pavel Bure lol.

In regaurds to our skins. RG3 is something to look foward too!!!!
dan snyder is brutal. have you read "a dc sports fans guide to dan snyder"?

worth every second
 5 years ago '10        #119
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
lmao at the will smith gif
 07-04-2012, 03:52 AM         #120
BWS Soldier 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Since the Rangers have disappointed me immensely over the last few days, I can only hope they don't fu*k up royally by giving away too much for Nash out of desperation.

On Parise: You doesn't wanna come to the best team in the East? fu*k you, eat a d!ck, and I sincerely hope you sign with Minnesota where you won't come close to a Cup ever.

P.s. fu*k the Penguins as a staff, an organization and a muthafu*kin team
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago