NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
34 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
84 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #81
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
 steeLTown said:
If Parise signs with the Pens theres no way Pens dont win the cup this year
It wont be a definite, but you would instantly become the favorite
 5 years ago '05        #82
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,467 | Props total: 7115 7115
 5 years ago '11        #83
Grizzab 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,675 | Props total: 495 495
Paranteau to the Avs.

I like this deal a lot, Duchene got a really solid winger here.
 5 years ago '07        #84
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
As usual the Canucks will do nothing, still no game changer. Still no number 1 dman, still all the same redundant players on the team that do the same thing.

5 years ago '11        #85
Grizzab 11 heat pts11
space
space
 m-f said:
As usual the Canucks will do nothing, still no game changer. Still no number 1 dman, still all the same redundant players on the team that do the same thing.

pretty much, did they sign Schneider?

they just gave up Salo to Tampa

Last edited by Grizzab; 07-01-2012 at 04:35 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #86
WhoNextWithPlex 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,841 | Props total: 6012 6012
 Yinz N Burgh said:

He just lost in the Stanley Cup Finals... He wants to get over that hump not be stuck in the rut before the hump.
let a man dream
 5 years ago '10        #87
space
space
^^^ and yes why would you burn all your marty stuff? dudes career is pretty much in that "hes of the status that hes allowed to go anywhere to try and get one more cup before he retires" type era. you shouldnt want him to come back dude. its definitely time for the devils to start looking for their number 1 goaltender. yall have had a good run.
 07-02-2012, 06:20 AM         #88
DOOMage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Schneider signed

Salo gone

Love the guy, has had a horrific string of injuries. This is probably his last contract.

Rome gone

Thank fu*king god, best news I've heard in a while. Finally AV can stop giving him preference.

I like the Garrison signing

Might be a little more money spent than we should do, but when you are going to lose two D-Men - he's one of the better players available for free agency. Still young as well. Probably a bit of a gamble with that cost and the 6 year contract, but he's potentially a top four d man. Plus, he has a cannon on him so he can subsitute what we miss of Salo in his prime.

Now we need to ship Lou and get us some scoring depth.
 5 years ago '10        #89
space
space
Veteran goaltender Martin Brodeur is staying with the only NHL franchise he's ever played for.

After hiring agent Pat Brisson and testing Sunday's free agent market, Brodeur signed a two-year, $9 million contract to stay with the New Jersey Devils.

"I'm really happy,'' Brodeur told ESPN.com. "Deep down what I always wanted was to re-sign with New Jersey. I'm glad the Devils stepped up when they did. As the process went on I was certainly intrigued by what was out there. But this is really what I wanted.''

The 40-year-old netminder had limited conversation with the Devils on a new deal through the weekend and Brisson said he would entertain offers from other teams if an agreement was not reached at the beginning of the free agent period.

"It was great the Devils stepped up,'' Brodeur told ESPN.com. "You have to understand what's happening obviously with the ownership situation and with what's happening with Zach (Parise). I understood that. I'm just happy this got done.''

The Montreal native and three-time Stanley Cup champion was 31-21-4 with a 2.41 goals against average last season and helped lead the New Jersey Devils into the Stanley Cup Final where they were defeated in six games by the Los Angeles Kings.
 5 years ago '10        #90
space
space
fu*k this guy. im sick of his bullsh*t. get him the fu*k out of here.

TORONTO – The BlackBerry belonging to Leafs General Manager Brian Burke rang every 30 seconds or so on Sunday afternoon as he marched in Toronto's Pride parade.

In most cases though the price-tag didn't fit and as a result the Leafs stayed relatively quiet on July 1st, signing just one player during the annual kick-off to free agency.

"I think the first time I gave this rant was probably in '98, maybe '99," Burke said with a smirk early Sunday evening. "I believe our group makes more mistakes on July 1st than we do all the rest of the year combined. I think we hand out contracts with unrealistic values and unrealistic term and I think these are things when you're in a hard-cap system that bite you right in the butt at some point.

"I'm not surprised we weren't able to do more. We could have; we had cap-space, we had the money, ownership has authorized us to spend. I just don't think it was a prudent way to spend money."

29-year-old Kingston, Ontario native Jay McClement emerged as the Leafs initial dip into the thinning pool of unrestricted free agents. The six-foot, 205 pound centre was inked to a two-year deal for a reasonable $3 million after spending the past two seasons in Colorado with the Avalanche.

A second round pick of the Blues in 2001, McClement had a big fan in head coach Randy Carlyle, who offered significant input to the management team on potential free agent signings.

"Randy was pretty excited about this," Burke said of McClement. Slated to line up as the club's third-line centre – pushing David Steckel down to the fourth rung – McClement adds much-needed size and penalty-killing complement – he led the Avalanche in shorthanded ice-time last season – to the Leafs bottom six.

The annual offseason renovation period leaves the club with considerable upgrades still to fill – they have slightly less than $13 million in cap space according to Cap Geek with two significant restricted free agents in Cody Franson and Nik Kulemin to sign – namely up front in the first-line centre spot and in goal, if possible. The trade market is sure to be the most desirable avenue for these transactions though with a thin free agent pool again the norm this summer.

"We need to get bigger," Burke explained of his club's needs. "We're still looking to solve or upgrade the goaltending situation. We're still looking to add at centre or upgrade at centre if we can...I felt all along we'd have to address these things through trade and that's how we're going to have to do them."

Burke said the Leafs may have to look internally for options down the middle if the right trade fails to surface, while expressing careful interest in the services of future Hall of Fame goaltender Martin Brodeur. "My belief is that New Jersey intends to re-sign him and that's his first choice and I'll be surprised if it doesn't go down that way," Burke said of the longtime Devil. "We're certainly in the hunt there to see what the price-tag is anyway."

The internal side of the ledger saw the Leafs lock up three players, 24-year-old Matt Frattin being the most notable among them (Jussi Rynnas and Ryan Hamilton the others). Frattin was signed for two years at $1.7 million, poised to join the Leafs in a full-time capacity next fall. The budding winger totaled eight goals and 15 points in 56 games as a rookie last season, adding 10 goals in 13 playoff games with the Marlies. His year ended prematurely though because of a knee injury that may sideline him for the beginning of the regular season.

"We think this is a guy who's going to step right in and play right away for us and has top-six potential as a forward," Burke said of Frattin, who had surgery late in the spring. "He's a big body guy who uses his weight well; like in the playoffs he looked a lot like Dustin Brown to use an example. We think he's a big part of the future here."

Injuries (in addition to the readiness of Frattin among others) spelled an end to Colby Armstrong's career in Toronto just prior to free agency, the Leafs buying out the oft-injured winger's contract on Saturday. "If it wasn't for bad luck he would've had no luck as a Leaf," Burke noted of Armstrong, who played in only 79 games over two seasons as a Leaf, missing time with a string of unfortunate injuries. "He just couldn't stay healthy and I think the injuries and the recovery period from them broke him down as a player. He wasn't able to get there at the end."

With the McClement signing, Frattin's ascendance and Van Riemsdyk's addition to the organization last week, the Leafs have a glut of forwards on their roster, opening further the possibility of a trade as the renovations continue. Upgrades at centre and in goal remain the most likely this avenue though the blueline could stand to add further stability.

"We're not done yet," Burke ultimately concluded. "This is a starting point."

So nothing is going to happen for Toronto....

Once again it looks like were gonna be gunning for that 1st overall pick. Nevermind the fact that teams like LA can win a cup with strategic moves during FA and the deadline. What a bunch of fu*kin bullsh*t.
 5 years ago '07        #91
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Free agent winger Ray*Whitney has signed a two-year, $9 million with the Dallas Stars.

The deal includes a $1 million signing bonus on top of a $4 million annual salary as well as a modified no-trade clause.

The 40-year-old Whitney has played the past two seasons with the Phoenix Coyotes. He tallied 24 goals and 77 points in 82 games last season before helping the Coyotes to the Western Conference Final in the playoffs.

Drafted in the second round in 1991, Whitney has accumulated 365 goals and 1003 points in his 20 seasons in the NHL with seven different teams.

A second-team NHL all-star last season, Whitney won a Stanley Cup with the Carolina Hurricanes in 2006. *

OTTAWA -- The Ottawa Senators acquired defenceman Marc*Methot and signed forward Guillaume*Latendresse on a busy opening day of free agency.

Methot came over from Columbus in exchange for forward Nick*Foligno. The 27-year-old Methot is an Ottawa native who had spent his entire NHL career with the Blue Jackets.

Latendresse will be looking to revive his NHL career in the nation's capital after agreeing to a US$1.25-million, one-year deal. He played just 27 games combined over the past two seasons with the Minnesota Wild, scoring eight goals and 15 points.

He missed 50 games due to a concussion last year.

Latendresse is a former second-round pick of the Montreal Canadiens and spent parts of four seasons with the team.

Also Sunday, Ottawa signed defenceman Mike*Lundin to a one-year deal while agreeing to a three-year, entry-level contract with prospect Shane*Prince.

Lundin had two a.ssists in 17 games during an injury plagued season with Minnesota that saw him miss 48 games.

Prince had 43 goals and 47 a.ssists with the Ontario Hockey League's Ottawa 67's last season after being drafted 61st overall by the Senators in 2011.

The Detroit Red Wings reclaimed a piece of their championship puzzle on Sunday, signing free agent forward Mikael*Samuelsson to a two-year contract.

Samuelsson totaled 13 goals and 28 points in 48 games for the Florida Panthers last season after his acquisition from the Vancouver Canucks, for whom he picked up three points in six contests.

The 35-year-old Swedish winger skated for Detroit from 2005-09, appearing in two Stanley Cup Finals and winning one title in 2008.

In 669 NHL appearances for six clubs, Samuelsson has recorded 148 goals and 342 points.

Detroit also agreed to terms on a three-year contract with forward Jordin*Tootoo.

The 29-year-old Manitoba native posted six goals and 30 points in 77 games for the Predators last season.

In 486 NHL games, all with Nashville since the 2003-04 campaign, Tootoo has totaled 46 goals, 125 points and 725 penalty minutes.

Also on Sunday, former Toronto Maple Leafs goalie Jonas*Gustavsson agreed to terms on a two-year contract with the Red Wings worth a total of $3 million.

Gustavsson's rights were traded to the Winnipeg Jets for a conditional seventh-round draft pick earlier in the off-season.

The 27-year-old Gustavsson signed with the Maple Leafs from Sweden in 2009 and spent the past three seasons in Toronto. He was 17-17-4 last season with a 2.92 goals against average and .902 save percentage. Gustavsson, nicknamed the Monster, also had four shutouts.

In 107 appearances with the Leafs, Gustavsson had a 2.98 goals against average and a .900 save percentage.

Gustavsson signed as an undrafted free agent with the Maple Leafs in 2009 and was re-upped with a two-year deal worth a total of $2.7 million in 2010.
 5 years ago '05        #92
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,313 | Props total: 270 270
 Yinz N Burgh said:
Really? That surprises me. Most Devils fans I know want Brodeur out and give some young guy a shot because they don't want him to handicap their salary. Brodeur is going to want to get paid and you don't have enough cap to pay him and Parise. a.ssuming Parise even wants to stay.
Im 28 been a devil fan my entire life. Brodeur is the best Goaltender of all time. Any devil fan that wants him out because they want young blood in there is retarded and doesnt know hockey. We made it to the finals last year and brodeur 40 was making "scorpion saves" gimmie a break the guy is amazing. Ill milk every last bit of athleticism outta him. I dont really agree with signing hedberg like they just did i rather a new young goalie and have him learn from Marty for 2 years but eh whatever.

Im still hoping Parise stays by some miracle....

I literally made a twitter account so i could get updated hahah
 5 years ago '10        #93
space
space
 DaViLLe726 said:
Im 28 been a devil fan my entire life. Brodeur is the best Goaltender of all time. Any devil fan that wants him out because they want young blood in there is retarded and doesnt know hockey. We made it to the finals last year and brodeur 40 was making "scorpion saves" gimmie a break the guy is amazing. Ill milk every last bit of athleticism outta him. I dont really agree with signing hedberg like they just did i rather a new young goalie and have him learn from Marty for 2 years but eh whatever.

Im still hoping Parise stays by some miracle....

I literally made a twitter account so i could get updated hahah
parise staying wont be a miracle at all bro. i fully expect him to re-sign with NJ today. brodeur tested free agency too. you gotta feel out your options but i dont see Parise leaving Travis Zajac to be honest. they are a serious tandem.

and i see you about brodeur. personally have always put him ahead of Roy. he is the best of all time no doubt so i see why you want him to stick around with all the athleticism it looks like he has left. but at the same time i would be concerned about giving up any cap space to a player whos body could shut down on him at any time. his heart is in it but who knows how long he has physically.
 5 years ago '10        #94
space
space
 Yinz N Burgh said:
Do they have enough cap? Word on the streets is Crosby sat with Parise's parents at Devils/Pens game.

I'm glad half of the DaVilles dreams could come true but Parise to Pittsburgh coming soon...

[pic - click to view]

yeah he shared a suite with them or something i heard that. but they were also room mates when they played for the same team in prep school (because the province of nova scotia wouldnt allow sid to play minor hockey) so it could just be that. ive been hearing a lot of re-signing rumors. personally would love to see him on the pens, dont get me wrong.
 5 years ago '11        #95
Grizzab 11 heat pts11
space
space
hearing rumours that Jagr might end up in Montreal
 5 years ago '10        #96
stv18 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,622 | Props total: 101 101
Hawks in on Parise.

C'mon Stan get it done. I don't see him leaving NJ though think he's just trying to get as much money out of them as he can. Chicago is closer to home for him though so who knows.
 5 years ago '05        #97
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
rumor is that philly offered parise and sutter 12 year contracts and offered the MOST money (to at least parise, not sure about sutter) so i like our chances to get at least one...but we'll see
 5 years ago '07        #98
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
 stv18 said:
Hawks in on Parise.

C'mon Stan get it done. I don't see him leaving NJ though think he's just trying to get as much money out of them as he can. Chicago is closer to home for him though so who knows.
fu*k ME.

I'm a nucks fan, but don't have hate for chi-town. Imagine a line of Parise-Toews-Kane.

5 years ago '10        #99
space
space
 Yinz N Burgh said:
They need to move Martins contract. Unless Parise would take that offer we gave Staal, 10 years 60 million

Side bar: I feel bad for Leaf fans, you guys deserve a playoff team. But one of the best American players needs to stay in the States. It would be good for us. Even though we do take all your good Canadian players We just need all the good players from everywhere
the only team that could survive in the NHL with our kind of record is the leafs and its because our fans dont budge. so im kind of proud of that. but otherwise, im pissed that the "mecca of the hockey world" cant figure out how to make the playoffs. its embarassing.

feels like theres people in the organization that truly dont give a fu*k if the team succeeds because theyre getting paid anyway. and theres nothing you can do about that. our fan base aint going anywhere. well always sell the jerseys and the arena out. so theyre gonna make bank on this team whether were winners or losers. so i dont see a very bright future.

and now we have brian burke pretending like he knows better than everybody who suggests he make a fu*king move already. sending schenn away was nice but JVR isnt exactly a guranteed 30 goal scorer or anything. first we needed "size" then we needed "scorers" now we need "toughness". gimme a fu*kin break.
 5 years ago '10        #100
space
space
hes goin back to NJ. didnt see enough cash from anybody else so I bet hes not gonna mess with a good thing here.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
168 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
182 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy