2012 NHL Offseason Thread

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
169 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
188 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #61
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,882 | Props total: 8404 8404
 Yinz N Burgh said:
I see a lot of fans of eastern conference teams are threatened

not one bit
 5 years ago '11        #62
Sandor Clegane 68 heat pts68
space
space
$9,255 | Props total: 3738 3738
Looks like Torres is gonna have his suspension shortened.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #63
Sandor Clegane 68 heat pts68
space
space
$9,255 | Props total: 3738 3738
and the judge upheld the vote by Glendale, potentially great news

5 years ago '06        #64
Qbert 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,635 | Props total: 2539 2539
10 Year contracts? They need a new CBA.
 5 years ago '07        #65
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Martin Brodeur is willing to test the unrestricted free agent market on Sunday.
Brodeur has hired an agent to help him weigh his options. This comes as quite a shock as the New Jersey Devils were expected to be very willing to re-sign him for the 2012-13 campaign. This might simply be a negotiating tactic by Brodeur, but there were certainly be quite a few suitors for his services if he's intentions are genuine. He's not the undisputed best goaltender anymore, but he's more than capable of serving as a team's starter and would be a great mentor for any team's young understudy. The Toronto Maple Leafs would be a prime example of a team he'd be a good fit for, but they certainly aren't the only ones.
 5 years ago '07        #66
space
space
Zach Parise's friendship with Sidney Crosby might help the Pittsburgh Penguins.
The two went to the same prep school in Minnesota. Crosby also shared a suite with Parise's family during the 2012 Stanley Cup finals. The Penguins are expected to go after Parise if he hits the free agent market on July 1. If Parise signs with the Penguins, then he'll be projected to play on the same line as Crosby for years to come.

dont do it Zach, you're better than that
 5 years ago '07        #67
space
space
With Sidney Crosby signed, Evgeni Malkin will probably get his big payday next summer.
Crosby agreed to a 12-year, $104.4 million contract extension. That keeps Crosby's contract in line with his and Malkin's current cap hit. Malkin isn't eligible to become a free agent until the summer of 2014, but it wouldn't be surprising if Malkin asks for a contract that matches Crosby when the time comes. Malkin is a superstar coming off a Hart Trophy winning season.

Patrik Elias has located the Los Angeles Kings' Stanley Cup winning puck and will return it to the team.
Elias previously said that he had no idea where it is. It turns out it was in his equipment bag. He found it after returning from his vacation this week. The Kings are planning to make a donation to Elias’ favored charity.

Jason Garrison will seriously look at signing with his hometown Vancouver Canucks when free agency begins on Sunday.
Garrison came into his own last season with 16 goals but the Justin Schultz sweepstakes could come into play as Schultz is also a native of the Vancouver and his parents are Canuck season ticket holders. Schultz will be a lot cheaper to sign than Garrison who will look to better the five-year, $26.25-million deal that Dennis Wideman signed with the Flames earlier this week. Lots of teams will be looking for the offensive side of the game that Garrison brings so expect a lot of suitors for the 27-year-old rearguard.
 5 years ago '07        #68
space
space
Goaltender Cory*Schneider has agreed in principle to a three-year, $12 million deal with the Vancouver Canucks.

Last season,*he had a 20-8-1 record in 33 appearances in a backup role to Roberto*Luongo with the Canucks.

Schneider, who was slated to become a restricted free agent on July 1,*had a 1.96 goals-against-average with a .937 save percentage.

In the Canucks first round playoff loss to the Los Angeles Kings, he replaced Luongo for the final three games, posting a 1-2 record with a GAA of 1.31 and a save percentage of .960.

Schneider was drafted by the Canucks in the first round (26th overall) in the 2004 Draft.

LOS ANGELES -- Jonathan*Quick agreed to a 10-year, $58 million*contract extension on Thursday with the Los Angeles Kings, who locked up their playoff MVP goalie through the 2022-23 season.

Quick won the Conn Smythe Trophy while leading Los Angeles to its first Stanley Cup championship earlier this month, and the Kings rewarded him with an enormous new deal one year before he reached unrestricted free agency. He can't sign the contract until Sunday.

"We are very happy to have a long-term agreement in place with one of our top young players," Kings general manager Dean Lombardi said. "At this point, we would prefer to withhold further comment until on or around July 1."

With*free agency coming up, TSN Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger and Pierre LeBrun gathered for the latest installment of Insider Trading. Among the topics discussed were a potential deal for Carey*Price and the frontrunner for Roberto*Luongo.

Jonathan*Quick gets a lucrative 10-year contract so is it now Carey*Price's turn?

Bob McKenzie: I don't think there's any question that Carey*Price is next up on the tee. The Montreal Canadiens have been talking to Price for some time about a new deal and it looks like it's getting closer. It's interesting that Quick's deal was 10 years with a cap hit between $5.5 and $6 million per year. When Price's deal gets done with the Canadiens, I would expect that the term will be a lot less, in the neighbourhood of 6-7 years, but the cap hit will likely be more than Quick's, maybe $6 to $6.5 million per year. I'm sure this is something that Price and the Canadiens both want to get taken care of as soon as possible. Some say it's hours away, some say a day, it might be a week but I don't anticipate a problem and it will get done.

Are the Florida Panthers the clear frontrunner for Roberto*Luongo?

Darren Dreger: Yes, there are ongoing negotiations between Vancouver and Florida. Canucks general manager Mike Gillis is driving the bus and the bus is in low gear. Nothing has changed since the NHL Draft but there is an ongoing negotiation. The Panthers didn't like the first approach from Gillis and countered with another offer but I wouldn't say that it's close. The Toronto Maple Leafs did express interest but I'm also told the Leafs are not engaged in discussions with Vancouver at this stage.

Once you get beyond Ryan*Suter and Justin*Schultz, who are the most sought-after unrestricted free agent defencemen?

Pierre LeBrun: Matt*Carle and Jason*Garrison, in that order. Carle has flown under the radar because people in Philadelphia keep expecting he's going to re-sign. The dialogue continues with the Flyers but I think he's going to market. I think he's trying to command $5 million a year and he might get it on the open market. I think it's the same thing for Garrison, with $5 million being a key figure for him. He's not close to re-signing with the Florida Panthers, who could also trade his rights before July 1 if they can't get a deal done.

Bob McKenzie: Speaking of Justin*Schultz, there's been a steady stream of teams going through the offices of the agent for the former University of Wisconsin defenceman, who declared himself a free agent by leaving school early. We're starting to get some insight into maybe why he didn't want to sign with the Anaheim Ducks because there's a very strong Canadian emphasis on his short list of teams. The Vancouver Canucks, Edmonton Oilers, Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators were four of the five teams that we knew to be on that list. In free agency, it's unusual for four Canadian teams to be featured so prominently. Most people feel that Vancouver and Edmonton are the frontrunners but the New York Rangers are the fifth team in that mix and a lot of people think Ryan*McDonagh's connection there means they'll have a good chance to get Schultz. There is reason to believe the Minnesota Wild are also in the running.*I would expect a decision no earlier than Friday night or Saturday.

After everything Shane*Doan has been through with the Phoenix Coyotes franchise, now he might leave?

Darren Dreger: There's a big meeting that's going to take place before July 1 with Doan meeting face-to-face with potential Coyotes' buyer Greg Jamison. If Jamison can convince Doan that he is going to be successful in his attempt to buy the Coyotes and keep them in Glendale, then Doan will not test free agency. He's got to listen to what the market is going to offer him but he's a reluctant free agent going in. His heart's in Phoenix but if there's no deal and no sense that a deal is imminent, then he's going to listen.

The Boston Bruins have locked up next season's No. 1 netminder, agreeing to terms with Tuukka*Rask on a one-year, $3.5 million contract.

Rask, 25, played 23 games with the Bruins last season, going 11-8-3 with a 2.05 goals-against average, a .929 save percentage and three shutouts.

He was set to become a restricted free agent on Sunday.

Rask became the de facto starting goaltender for the Bruins for next season after general manager Peter Chiarelli announced earlier this month that Tim*Thomas would not be playing with them in 2012-13 and would be taking the year off.

NEW YORK -- The NHL's salary cap is increasing despite impending labour talks.

The league and NHL Players' a.ssociation announced the cap would increase from US$64.3 million to $70.2 million.

The lower limit on what teams must spend also rose from $48.3 million to $54.2 million.

The cap, which will only be in effect until a new collective agreement is signed, will be used by teams as they negotiate contracts through the free agency period this summer.

The current CBA expires Sept. 15.

Formal negotiations for the new labour deal begin between the league and union Friday in New York.

The introduction of a salary cap and a 24 per cent rollback of salaries were added to the current CBA after the 2004-05 season was lost to lockout.
 5 years ago '10        #69
WhoNextWithPlex 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,841 | Props total: 6012 6012
Parise is my favorite American player. Really really really really really really really want him in Toronto but i know it aint gonna happen since he just lost a cup and wants to win badly.
 5 years ago '10        #70
space
space
About half an hour ago -

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie:
"NJD GM Lou Lamoriello was in TOR last night to meet with Zach Parise, who will decide within the hour if he is going to UFA at noon ET."
 5 years ago '10        #71
space
space
Zach Parise has informed the New Jersey Devils he intends to test the free agent market.

The team announced earlier in the morning that it expected a firm decision from its star winger by 10am et.

The 27-year-old Minnesota native will now be eligible to sign with any one of the NHL's 30 teams once unrestricted free agency begins at Noon et today.

Parise scored 31 goals and 38 a.ssists in 82 games with the Devils in 2011-12, adding eight goals and seven a.ssists in 24 playoff games in the team's run to the Stanley Cup Final.

Originally selected 17th overall by the Devils at the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, Parise has spent his entire seven-year NHL career with the Devils.

He has scored 194 goals and 216 a.ssists in 502 career games.
 5 years ago '10        #72
space
space
if there is a god......
 5 years ago '05        #73
space
space
hearing that philly and columbus are in serious talks for nash
 5 years ago '05        #74
space
space
 Yinz N Burgh said:

You can have that bum... 28 and never had a 70 point season.
he did once but thats it

but having a line of harnell/giroux/nash...i'll take it
 5 years ago '07        #75
space
space
Pierre Lebrun is reporting that the Chicago Blackhawks are talking to unrestricted free agent Martin Brodeur.
The Blackhawks were not happy with the play of Corey Crawford last season thus the effort to go and get Brodeur. Brodeur has played his whole career with the Devils and at the age of 40 is now looking to finish his career with another team as New Jersey is in the midst of financial problems. There is still a chance that he could re-sign with the Devils.

Minnesota sounding confident about landing parise, suter or both...that could be interesting
 5 years ago '05        #76
space
space
 Yinz N Burgh said:

That would be pretty deadly. I like Nash....

on NHL12
 5 years ago '05        #77
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,313 | Props total: 270 270
 Yinz N Burgh said:
Parise and Crosby on the same line
I cant even hate on Parise if he leaves....lol actually yes i can i will forever call him Lebron if he goes the pens....

AND LET ME MAKE THIS PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT. If brodeur goes im taking everything i have of his and burning it. Jeseys cards ect. and ill post the vid.

The only thing to look foward to if Parise signs with another team is beating the team he signs with...

I can only hope and pray they dont go tho....
 5 years ago '05        #78
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,449 | Props total: 7093 7093
What in the hell is up with the NHL and these ridiculously long contracts people are signing? 12 years? 10 years?
 5 years ago '10        #79
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
Adam Burish

he hates pronger so the fans here will love him instantly
 5 years ago '05        #80
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,313 | Props total: 270 270
 steeLTown said:
If Parise signs with the Pens theres no way Pens dont win the cup this year
Asham to the Rangers lol man that team is a bunch of Bums.... hahaha
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
204 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy