2012 NHL Offseason Thread

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
85 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
15 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-23-2012, 01:47 AM         #41
Hiphopnetwork 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People r forgeetting staal played against teams 3rd liners I don't think hell be as good bein the guy for the canes he's still a hell of a talent tho but sutter is a very good defensive center also hell be almost aas good as jordan in that aspect and we got despres bortuzzo and many othe young d men to fill in for michalek
 5 years ago '07        #42
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Bobby Ryan is tried of being shopped around by Anaheim and wants them to just pull the trigger on a deal.
"I take things personally," Ryan said. "Anaheim to me has been a team over the past year that really has shown me nothing to prove that they want me here, unfortunately. Obviously, it's not the ideal situation. When you get drafted, you want to win championships with that team and every time they look to add a piece to the puzzle, I'm the piece going the other way. I gotta be honest with you. At this point, I don't care. Move me ... because it's just tough going to the rink every day knowing that if something goes wrong, you're going to be the guy moved." Ryan has expressed an interest in going to Philadelphia. Given the Flyers' cap situation, a deal between those two squads would be complicated.

When Malcolm Subban breaks into the NHL, he'll probably play in plenty of heated games between his brother and Canadiens star, P.K. Subban.
"The rivalry’s just about to begin," Malcolm said with a smile. "I don’t know if he’s going to like me too much. To be honest, I never really liked him that much." It should be fun to watch the two Subbans compete against each other. That being said, it will probably be years before Malcolm gets a real shot with the Boston Bruins.
im pretty intrigued by the pick, hes 18, wont be with the bruins for a few years but itd be fun to see him play vs PK

Although the news has only recently become public, Tim Thomas apparently waived his no-trade clause at least a week ago.
Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli has emphasized that Thomas still doesn't plan on playing. The only thing any club that takes Thomas would be getting - unless the Bruins throw in an extra player to sweeten the deal - is Thomas' $5 million cap hit. While that might sound like a silly thing to want, a team having difficulty reaching the salary cap floor might be interested in it.

Thomas for Ryan, or Krejci for Ryan, lets do it
 5 years ago '11        #43
Sandor Clegane 68 heat pts68
space
space
$9,255 | Props total: 3738 3738
If we lose Doan it will be all goldwater's fault. fu*king bullsh*t give us our team
 5 years ago '07        #44
space
space
The Winnipeg Jets have acquired the rights to Jonas Gustavsson from the Toronto Maple Leafs for a conditional seventh round pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Gustavsson is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent this summer. He never lived up to the hype in Toronto, but perhaps he can develop into a decent backup now that he's been granted a change of scenery. Either way, he's not worth drafting in anything but the deepest of fantasy leagues.
Chris Mason is hoping that the Winnipeg Jets will re-sign him.
"We're talking right now," Mason said. "I want to come back and be part of this commitment to rebuild." He's comfortable serving as the team's backup goaltender. The Jets acquired the negotiating rights to Jonas Gustavsson on Saturday and it's possible that they might end up using Gustavsson as their backup instead.

Although there was talk that Keith Yandle would be traded on Friday, Coyotes GM Don Maloney said he received no serious offers regarding Yandle.
"Keith Yandle is an a.ssistant captain, a core member of our team and the best young offensive defenseman in the game," Maloney said. "So if we were ever to make a deal, it would have to be something very special." Yandle had 11 goals and 43 points in 82 games last season.
 06-23-2012, 11:54 AM         #45
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #46
Sandor Clegane 68 heat pts68
space
space
$9,255 | Props total: 3738 3738
 keithbm1111 said:

Although there was talk that Keith Yandle would be traded on Friday, Coyotes GM Don Maloney said he received no serious offers regarding Yandle.
"Keith Yandle is an a.ssistant captain, a core member of our team and the best young offensive defenseman in the game," Maloney said. "So if we were ever to make a deal, it would have to be something very special." Yandle had 11 goals and 43 points in 82 games last season.
Trading Yandle would be beyond stupid.
 06-23-2012, 02:51 PM         #47
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #48
space
space
Roberto Luongo has been drawing all sorts of trade interest this summer, especially from Brian Burke and the Maple Leafs, but if reports are to be believed, he doesn’t have any interest in going there.

Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch tweets this morning that according to his sources, Luongo has declined to waive his no-trade clause to go to either Toronto or Chicago and will only agree to do so for a deal to the Florida Panthers.

While Toronto and Florida are known entities in the hunt for Luongo at this point, Portzline reported last night on Twitter that Chicago was also an interested party. Go ahead and take a minute to wrap your head around that possibility. The Panthers, of course, are one of Luongo’s former teams and South Florida is an area Luongo loves.

Should this report hold true through the summer, Canucks GM Mike Gillis is going to have quite a battle on his hands with Florida GM Dale Tallon who said he wouldn’t give up the farm to get Luongo. This fun is only just beginning.

Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke was busy getting at least one deal done over the weekend, but his talks with Vancouver in trying to land goalie Roberto Luongo aren’t going quite so well.

James Mirtle of The Globe And Mail reports Burke isn’t too pleased with what the asking price is for the 33-year-old goalie and as a result feels like he can go with what he’s got in net already.

“From my perspective, the prices that are being asked have to be reasonable,” Burke said. “If you can get a goaltender who makes you better, and it costs you 15 first-round picks, would you do it? No.

“So somewhere between 15 first-round picks and something that makes sense, we’re not there yet. I’m not going to overpay to upgrade at that position. I’m not happy with what’s being asked. From my perspective, rather than strip your organization to fill one positional need, we’ll go with what we have.”

Canucks GM Mike Gillis has made it clear he’s not going to just give away Luongo, but he’s in a rough spot because Luongo’s essentially said he wants out. Burke says he’s cool with going with a tandem James Reimer and Ben Scrivens but that won’t do much to soothe Leafs fans in their hope of returning to the playoffs.

Burke will use the Leafs’ wealth of forwards to appease the Canucks eventually, just don’t expect it to happen right away.

Last edited by keithbm1111; 06-25-2012 at 10:15 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #49
kulabear 23 heat pts23
space
space
$10,755 | Props total: 1383 1383
Stoll signs three-year deal to stay with Kings

Jarret Stoll isn't going anywhere.

The Los Angeles Kings announced Monday night that they have re-signed the 30-year-old center to a three-year contract. Stoll could have become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

Stoll tallied 21 points (6 goals, 15 a.ssists) and 60 penalty minutes in 78 regular-season games and went 2-3-5 in 20 playoff contests, helping Los Angeles win its first Stanley Cup championship.

The 6-foot-1, 213-pound native of Melville, Saskatchewan is now signed with the Kings through the 2014-2015 season. He has led the Kings in faceoff winning percentage in each of his four seasons with the Kings, since being acquired from Edmonton (along with Matt Greene) on June 29, 2008.

The eight-year NHL veteran spent his first four full NHL seasons with the Oilers (2003-2008). In 593 career NHL regular-season games, Stoll has recorded 317 points (119 goals, 198 a.ssists) and 448 penalty minutes. In 55 career playoff games, he has 19 points (7 goals, 12 a.ssists) and 46 penalty minutes.

Stoll wasn't the only one to sign a new deal with the Kings on Monday, as center Colin Fraser also agreed to a two-year contract.

Fraser, 27, had eight points (2 goals, 6 a.ssists) and 67 penalty minutes in 67 games with the Kings this past season, his first in Los Angeles. He also had a goal and an a.ssist in 18 postseason contests.
 5 years ago '10        #50
WhoNextWithPlex 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,835 | Props total: 5997 5997
dirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty thread
 5 years ago '10        #51
space
space
we dont want Lu in Toronto. im cool with the guy as a goaltender. i think he gets sh*t on way too often and i dont doubt that theres several years of good goaltending left in him. but that contract is too fat, and the fact that he has sh*t the bed in big situations makes him not worth a dime of whats left of our cap. id rather have Bernier any day.
 5 years ago '07        #52
space
space
Dennis Wideman 5 years 26 million

Calgary what the fu*k
 5 years ago '10        #53
space
space
calgary has been making awful moves since they traded dion phaneuf and keith aulie to us for matt stajan. cant believe columbus, new york islanders and calgary havent fired their gm's.
 5 years ago '07        #54
space
space
They fu*ked upso bad, its hilarious! Not only did they sign wideman to one of the worst cntracts i have ever see, but they TRADED forhim! They just couldnt chance going into the dennis wideman sweepstakes

They need to trade us iginla now
 5 years ago '05        #55
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,879 | Props total: 8397 8397
just heard sid got extended for 100 mill
 5 years ago '07        #56
space
space
Sidney Crosby will sign a 12-year, $104.4 million contract extension on Sunday that will begin after next season.
He can't officially sign the contract until July 1, but when it kicks in his salary cap hit will be $8.7 million. Crosby was finally able to make his return to the Penguins lineup in 2011-12 from concussion problems and he scored at an incredible rate late in the year. He ended up with eight goals and 29 a.ssists in 22 games and he scored another eight points in six playoff contests. The Pittsburgh captain should be considered a premium selection in all fantasy formats again.
 5 years ago '04        #57
kulabear 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Yinz N Burgh said:
Worth every penny
Until he gets another concussion...
 5 years ago '05        #58
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,879 | Props total: 8397 8397
 Willbeatz said:
Until he gets another concussion...
 5 years ago '07        #59
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,615 | Props total: 3245 3245
 Yinz N Burgh said:
Worth every penny

[pic - click to view]

Your boy is a concussion or 2 from his career ending, cmonson
 5 years ago '04        #60
kulabear 23 heat pts23
space
space
Jonathan Quick agreed to terms on a 10-year contract extension with the Los Angeles Kings on Thursday.

Terms of deal were not disclosed. The contract can't be signed until July 1 and will not take effect until the 2013-14 season. Quick will make $1.8 million next season in the final year of his current contract.

"We are very happy to have a long-term agreement in place with one of our top young players," Kings GM Dean Lombardi said.

The 26-year-old goaltender just finished one of the most dominant seasons in NHL history. In the regular season, he went 35-21-13 with a 1.95 goals-against average and .929 save percentage. His numbers were good enough to make him a Vezina Trophy finalist, but he lost out to Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist.

Quick, however, won the trophies that matter most. He led the Kings to the first Stanley Cup in franchise history with a 16-4 record, 1.41 GAA and .946 save percentage in the postseason. The Milford, Conn., native won the Conn Smythe Trophy as the most valuable player during the playoffs.

Quick's goals-against average was the third-best in postseason history and his save percentage tied for first all time.

In 249 NHL games, Quick is 131-87-25 with a 2.30 GAA and .916 save percentage.

He was selected by the Kings in the third round (No. 72) in the 2005 NHL Draft.

StateProperty88 said:
It's Lindros all over again, I mean it's not like teams are going to target him or anything.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
44 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
23 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
132 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
78 comments
2 days ago