most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #201
Grizzab 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,675 | Props total: 495 495
Wow, NY got away with the better end of this trade for sure.
 5 years ago '04        #202
!!! 220 heat pts220
space
space
$42,083 | Props total: 33894 33894
 SacTown said:
At least we didn't trade Couture for Nash
There was no way in hell we would trade Couture.
 5 years ago '04        #203
kidcanada 
space
space
$271 | Props total: 0 0
Rangers just stole nash

How did it take 5 months for that package to surface...
 5 years ago '07        #204
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
 kidcanada said:
Rangers just stole nash

How did it take 5 months for that package to surface...
Was the same package offered in February...

@ The NHL.

Wouldn't be surprised for a lockout either.

Gaborik-Richards-Nash

Not to shabby.

14 years 100M for Weber?

These life time contracts are so stupid.
 07-24-2012, 05:57 AM         #205
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

5 years ago '11        #206
Grizzab 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,675 | Props total: 495 495
Canes agree to terms with Alexander Semin

The Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday signed free-agent left wing Alexander Semin to a one-year, $7 million contract.

"I'm very happy to be a Carolina Hurricane," Semin said. "It's a great fit for me. I look forward to playing with great players, and putting together a winning season."

"Alexander's elite skill level and ability to score from the wing fill an important need on the ice, and we hope that a fresh start in Carolina will serve both Alexander and our team well," Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford said.

Semin has scored at least 25 goals in six of the last seven seasons, including a career-best 40 in 2009-10. Last season, though, he had a career-low 21 goals, and has totaled 54 points each of the last two seasons, down from the 84 he had in 2009-10. He also had just three goals and an a.ssist in 14 playoff games as the Capitals advanced to the Eastern Conference semifinals.

While questions surrounded his desire and work ethic, Rutherford said he envisions Semin fitting in just fine with his team.

"We have done a lot of research about Alexander, and discussions about his fit with our team have included people at many different levels of our organization, including players, coaches and staff," Rutherford said. "What's been clear throughout this process was his commitment to wanting to play in the NHL and compete against the world's best players."

In seven seasons, all with the Washington Capitals, Semin has 197 goals and 408 points in 469 games. He also has 34 points in 51 Stanley Cup Playoff games.

Semin is the second top-six forward the Hurricanes have acquired this season, joining Jordan Staal, who came over in the trade with the Pittsburgh Penguins last month.
 07-27-2012, 08:38 AM         #207
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Last edited by s7venwords; 07-27-2012 at 08:43 AM..
 07-31-2012, 04:30 AM         #208
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

By Robert Held
Mon, Jul 30th 2012 3:08 pm EDT

Fans who still remember the lost National Hockey League season of 2004-2005 have something new to be nervous about with an expiring labor deal on September 15.

The league and the NHL Players' a.ssociation met this past week for three days in Toronto. Topics of discussion for the week included discipline, pensions, length of training camp, and ice conditions.

The good news for fans is that so far labor negotiations have been described as amicable by both sides. On July 13, the NHL presented the NHL Players’ a.ssociation with their first collective bargaining agreement proposal which included a "decreased share of hockey-related revenue, term limits on contracts and a 22-percent salary rollback," according to The Washington Post.

The NHLPA has requested additional information before they are willing to put forth their own proposal. If a deal is not reached by September 15 though Fehr believes that the season could still continue.

"There's nothing magic about Sept. 15. The law is that if you don't have a new agreement, and as long as both sides are willing to keep negotiating, you can continue to play under the terms of the old one until you reach an agreement," Fehr told reporters after a meeting of the NHLPA's executive board in late June.

Fehr could be a tough negotiator, having been head of the players union for Major League Baseball from 1986-2009. He has been through several labor stoppages with the MLB and was often seen as getting the better side of negotiations once an agreement was reached.

Former NHLPA executive director Ted Saskin was heavily blamed for the cancellation of the 2004-2005 season for his passive attitude regarding negotiations. Saskin was forced to resign in 2007 following accusations that him and other NHL executives hacked the private email accounts of players and agents in order to see if they were challenging his hiring.

One major hold up in the negotiations might be how the players and owners split league revenue. Currently the players receive 57 percent of all league revenue. The owners are thought to want to decrease that number, especially since the NHL made $3.1 billion in revenue last season. However, Commissioner Gary Bettman did not specify how much of that money was profit. Bettman will be representing the owners during labor negotiations.

Fans do not seem as concerned with the details of the labor negotiations they just want reassurance that there will be hockey starting in October.

"All I know is that I want to see hockey next year," said Pennsylvania resident and Colorado Avalanche fan Brian Karwaski. "Missing an entire season once was bad enough nobody wants to see that happen again."

With attendance up nearly 2 percent from 2010-2011 and 3 percent from 2009-2010 a labor stoppage would seemingly hurt the owners more than the players. However, if negotiations go as poorly as they did in 2004-2005 it will not necessarily be bad news for the owners. When the NHL resumed play in the 2005-2006 season 83 percent of NHL teams saw an increase in attendance. The Pittsburgh Penguins in particular had a 33 percent jump up in attendance.

While that can be concerning for fans of the NHL only time will tell where the negotiations head and how it might affect the upcoming season. Both sides are scheduled to sit down again July 31 and August 1 in Manhattan.

07-31-2012, 12:06 PM         #209
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

5 years ago '11        #210
Sandor Clegane 68 heat pts68
space
space
$9,256 | Props total: 3738 3738

wtf Jamison I thought u had the $$
 5 years ago '04        #211
!!! 220 heat pts220
space
space
Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but I want Shane Doan on my team. Great leader.
 5 years ago '11        #212
space
space
 !!! said:
Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but I want Shane Doan on my team. Great leader.
fu*k up

that's my captain
 5 years ago '04        #213
!!! 220 heat pts220
space
space
 Wallabees said:
fu*k up

that's my captain
Do you think he'll stay considering how long it's taking him to make a decision?
 5 years ago '11        #214
space
space
 !!! said:
Do you think he'll stay considering how long it's taking him to make a decision?
He really wants to stay so I hope so

but I don't think he is gonna stay, it is taking way too long for the deal to get done, and with Jamison still not having the money that could be huge.

It would be bad enough if we lose Doan, but to lose the team entirely...
 5 years ago '10        #215
WhoNextWithPlex 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,843 | Props total: 6014 6014
 !!! said:
really?

doan is one of the most under rated of all time imo
 08-02-2012, 07:14 AM         #216
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

08-03-2012, 10:48 AM         #217
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

5 years ago '11        #218
space
space

5 years ago '04        #219
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846

08-23-2012, 03:43 PM         #220
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Michael Traikos | Aug 23, 2012 12:33 PM ET | Last Updated: Aug 23, 2012 4:29 PM ET

TORONTO — A day after cancelling a scheduled meeting to negotiate a new collective bargaining agreement, the NHL and the Players’ a.ssociation met for close to two hours on Thursday, but appeared no closer to striking a deal than they were two weeks ago.

According to NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, “there is a wide gap between” the two sides, who have yet to reach a common ground when discussing the fundamental economic issues.

“The union today put forth today a balance of their proposals as it relates to their system or so-called player contracting issues,” said Bettman. “I think it’s fair to say that we’re far apart in that regard as well. If I had to just generally characterize the differences, the union’s looking for a system that has more flexibility and we’re looking for a system that has less flexibility and is more akin to what we envisioned eight years ago when we negotiated a system and put it into place.

“The bigger point that I think we made today goes to the fact that whether or not we’re talking about these contract or system issues or we’re talking about revenue sharing, it’s clear that we’re at a point where it’s going to be difficult to move this process along until we deal with the fundamental economic issues and certainly as it relates to the fundamental economic issue we are far apart both in terms of magnitude and structure.”
Related

NHL, players seem to lack urgency in labour talks

CBA talks called off for day after meeting between Donald Fehr, Gary Bettman

Bettman said that he and deputy commissioner Bill Daly will meet privately with union head Don Fehr and special counsel Steve Fehr Tuesday in New York.

The deadline for a new CBA is Sept. 15. But while the players would have no problems starting the season with the old system in place, Bettman said the owners have no appetite for that option.

“The players have done very well under this deal,” said Bettman. “The average salary has gone from $1.45-million to $2.45-million and I think they’ve given their druthers and said publicly they’d be happy to play under this deal, even while we negotiate … my sense is they prefer to keep things the way they are, which kind of slows part of the process.

“We believe we’re paying out more than we should be. And it’s as simple as that.”

When asked if he is concerned that fans would not return after a third lockout in 18 years, Bettman said canceling games remains a last resort.

“We’re focused on trying to make a deal. We don’t want a work stoppage,” he said. “But obviously, if we don’t have a deal we feel we have no choice. And two, we recovered well last time because we have the world’s greatest fans.”

“I still think there’s enough time,” said Fehr.

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
54 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
84 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
83 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy