'Breaking Bad' Star Anna Gunn: Why People Used to Think, 'Skyler's a bi%$h'

most viewed right now
 92
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 70
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 59
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
92 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 47
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
5919 pageviews
99 comments


SM 38189 heat pts38189
space
avatar space
space
$127,972 | Props total: 67553 67553
'Breaking Bad' Star Anna Gunn: Why People Used to Think, 'Skyler's a bi%$h'
 

 

(Spoiler warning: Don't read this if you don't want some general details about season 5 of "Breaking Bad")

Anna Gunn's recent popularity on "Breaking Bad" may say something about human nature.

Plenty of viewers griped about her character, Skyler White, early in the show, when she was an obstacle in husband Walter White's journey from cancer-stricken teacher to meth kingpin. But Skyler has become much more liked as she's come to support Walt's criminal enterprise -- and even become his money-launderer-in-chief.

"At first I didn't understand: Why do people think Skyler's a bi-ch?" Gunn told TheWrap. "She's this woman who's trying to keep the family together, and her husband is cooking crystal meth. … I think that people were so behind Walt that they saw Skyler and said, 'Why are you giving him such a hard time?'"

But Skyler has become a crucial partner in Walt's growing meth empire. An accountant by trade, she's also demonstrated a gift for creative bookkeeping. After helping her boss, Ted Beneke, hide revenue from the IRS, she played dumb for an agent by explaining she balanced the books with "the Quicken."

"As she has become badder and turned a corner, she becomes more of a human being, where before it looked like she was more of a moral pillar" Gunn said. "And Skyler is not somebody who shows a huge amount of emotion. She holds her cards very close to the vest. I think that had something to do with the perception of her," Gunn added. "As the complexity has come into her character, I think she's becomes much more of a human being that people can relate to."

Also read: 'Breaking Bad' Star Giancarlo Esposito on the Healing Power of Gus Fring

Emmy voters have another chance to recognize that complexity this Emmy nominating season. While Bryan Cranston has won three Emmys for playing Walt, and Aaron Paul has one won for playing his partner, Jesse Pinkman, Gunn has yet to receive a nomination.

Gunn spoke to us about her role as she prepared to return to Albuquerque to shoot the last episode in the show's two-part final season. The first eight episodes will begin airing July 15, and the final eight will air next year.

We talked about the one character on the show who seems incorruptible, whether Walt and Skyler will be caught by the IRS rather than the DEA, and the chances of a "Breaking Bad" movie once the series wraps.

You're shooting the last episode of the first half of season 5. Then coming back to shoot the rest near the end of the year. Can you talk about how a two-part season affects the story arc? Usually "Breaking Bad" builds to about the sixth episode and then things start happening very fast.

I've got to say, it's a pretty rapid rise this time the whole way. It starts off really strong and it doesn’t ramp up.

More:
[pic - click to view]

 http://www.thewrap.com/tv .. rs-bi-ch-45091

99 comments for "'Breaking Bad' Star Anna Gunn: Why People Used to Think, 'Skyler's a bi%$h'"

 06-21-2012, 02:06 PM         #2
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Shes not a bi*ch, shes a strong woman. Season four MVP goes to her.
 5 years ago '05        #3
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,882 | Props total: 8404 8404
 youknowmystelo said:
Shes not a bi*ch, shes a strong woman. Season four MVP goes to her.
i couldnt agree more, people call her a bi*ch and im thinking "do they even see what walt is putting her through"

she's strong and you can see why walt married her because she is the ying to his yang and has (or i should say had) more backbone then he ever did
 06-21-2012, 02:14 PM         #4
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
i couldnt agree more, people call her a bi*ch and im thinking "do they even see what walt is putting her through"

she's strong and you can see why walt married her because she is the ying to his yang and has (or i should say had) more backbone then he ever did


More men nowadays are simps so once they see a woman react unaccustomed to their authority they call them a bi*ch.
 5 years ago '05        #5
R4P 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 231 231
she is a bi*ch for fu*king her boss, but she did come around later
 5 years ago '05        #6
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,449 | Props total: 7095 7095
 youknowmystelo said:


More men nowadays are simps so once they see a woman react unaccustomed to their authority they call them a bi*ch.
What in the actual fu*k?

Skyler is the exact type of woman a simp would go for. A simp doesn't mind his wife being a bi*ch and making decisions for the house.

Let a bi*ch try that on me

I'd break it off with a c*nt like that ASAP. I wear the pants in my relationships.

fu*k that c*nt Skyler. Arguably most annoying character on tv.
 06-21-2012, 02:50 PM         #7
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
What in the actual fu*k?

Skyler is the exact type of woman a simp would go for. A simp doesn't mind his wife being a bi*ch and making decisions for the house.

Let a bi*ch try that on me

I'd break it off with a c*nt like that ASAP. I wear the pants in my relationships.

fu*k that c*nt Skyler. Arguably most annoying character on tv.
Simp may have been a bad choice of words but you get what I'm saying.

Some MAN wisdom right here:

[video - click to view]

 5 years ago '10        #8
eightytyson06 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$16,755 | Props total: 8684 8684
something about her face....
 5 years ago '05        #9
Rockstar718 69 heat pts69
space
avatar space
space
$10,838 | Props total: 9787 9787
 youknowmystelo said:
Simp may have been a bad choice of words but you get what I'm saying.

Some MAN wisdom right here:
 5 years ago '05        #10
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 26 26
Her actions don't make her a bi*ch, it's that fat face of hers I hate looking at.
 5 years ago '05        #11
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,882 | Props total: 8404 8404
 meepos said:
Her actions don't make her a bi*ch, it's that fat face of hers I hate looking at.
i dont know homie...looks like you got a thing for fat faces

j/p
 5 years ago '05        #12
Rockstar718 69 heat pts69
space
avatar space
space
$10,838 | Props total: 9787 9787
she was a bi*ch season 1-3 when she was trying to leave walt and all that, and when she was smashing her boss
 5 years ago '05        #13
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,882 | Props total: 8404 8404
 Rockstar718 said:
she was a bi*ch season 1-3 when she was trying to leave walt and all that, and when she was smashing her boss
if she was a bi*ch during that time what did that make walt? he would be out all times of night not letting his loved ones know his whereabouts while having CANCER, she could have been worried sick of the possibilities of what was going on with him. walt completely neglecting her, lying to her face and SHE KNOWS IT...i mean i can keep going. if you say that she was a bi*ch, i would say that she had her reasons.
 5 years ago '07        #14
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
used?...i still don't like the twat
 5 years ago '05        #15
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4757 4757
 R4P said:
she is a bi*ch for fu*king her boss, but she did come around later


that and she had no patience for Walt doing illegal activities but had no problem cooking the books for her boss who she was boning

she was ready to leave that n*gga, until she got accustomed to that cake he was making...
 5 years ago '05        #16
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4757 4757
 StateProperty88 said:
if she was a bi*ch during that time what did that make walt? he would be out all times of night not letting his loved ones know his whereabouts while having CANCER, she could have been worried sick of the possibilities of what was going on with him. walt completely neglecting her, lying to her face and SHE KNOWS IT...i mean i can keep going. if you say that she was a bi*ch, i would say that she had her reasons.
she was a bi*ch for other reasons as well...Walt was an a.ss for keeping his family in the dark, but a man has to do what he feels is best for his family...

she was less of a bi*ch once she saw all that green
 5 years ago '08        #17
topshotta22 
space
avatar space
space
$4,646 | Props total: 1191 1191
fu*k skylar walt shoulda done left that triflin hoe
 5 years ago '05        #18
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,882 | Props total: 8404 8404
 MysticKJ said:
she was a bi*ch for other reasons as well...Walt was an a.ss for keeping his family in the dark, but a man has to do what he feels is best for his family...

she was less of a bi*ch once she saw all that green
now this is where i go against popular opinion. he didnt do what he felt was best for his family, he did what he felt was best for him...he was very selfish in this way. he could of got all that treatment for FREE and turned it down along with a lucrative job to do what...push crystal and in the process put his family in danger. walt did what he did for walt first and foremost, he family is somewhere further on the list
 5 years ago '10        #19
SandmanNyC 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$4,602 | Props total: 2282 2282
 StateProperty88 said:
now this is where i go against popular opinion. he didnt do what he felt was best for his family, he did what he felt was best for him...he was very selfish in this way. he could of got all that treatment for FREE and turned it down along with a lucrative job to do what...push crystal and in the process put his family in danger. walt did what he did for walt first and foremost, he family is somewhere further on the list
disagree. he could have gotten the money and the job, but he's a man. why would he go work for a company that he built and was a.ssed out of. he has cancer and NOW they decide to do good by him (which is bullsh*t, b/c that company should be 1/3 his). no man would go work for some fu*ks who fu*ked him over and are living a lucrative life style because of him. only a coward and weak person would do that.

plus he didn't even want the treatment, it was too expensive for him. but his bi*ch wife made him get it (which isn't the reason she was a bi*ch). he thought he was as good as gone and didn't want to leave his family in debt. he actually wanted to leave em with enough money to live comfortably. so a guy whose never broken a law in his life gets out of his norm, and does something drastic like cook meth to secure his FAMILY'S FUTURE even though he won't be around to enjoy it, and your calling him selfish?

get yo sh*t right
 5 years ago '08        #20
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$12,968 | Props total: 5535 5535
She was def a bi*ch bc she tried to/did just run Walt over a lot of the time w/telling what to do in every situation.

Of course part of that is prob due to Walt being a pus*y before finding his juevos again.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 34
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 12
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
56 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 9
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 8
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy