Jun 21 - Scientists predict time will stop completely

most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #41
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
space
$19,568 | Props total: 5241 5241
Stopped reading after it said Spanish professors.
 06-21-2012, 10:02 PM         #42
Skratch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Account001 said:
See with science you have to ask yourself.... does this make sense before the explaination/theory, cause chances are if it doesn't its bullsh*t. This is bullsh*t ladies and gentlemen
this
 5 years ago '08        #43
Glock9 5 heat pts
space
space
$441 | Props total: 4 4
Time is RELATIVE... like size, due to perception & point of reference. There will always be 'Time', as long as there is a medium in which to measure it by. If not the rotation or revolution of the Earth, then the aging process of a being... thought it could be greatly different. Short of the when the Earth stops spinning or the sun blots out, I imagine we wouln't have much of an "aging process" left to consider, being that we will all within a relatively short matter of time be dead. Therefore the discussion is absolutely pointless, unless this article is an abstract, poorly put together way of making the point that time is relative.
 06-21-2012, 10:32 PM         #44
*Missy* 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think people tend to forget that the things being discussed are not fully understood and have lose ends- these things are THEORIES not facts people. Anybody comin in here calling other people's ideas flat out wrong/right as if they have evidence/facts for everything having to do with this concept have to realize maybe...just maybe u should consider there is a possibility u have it all wrong. Thats all I wanted say
 5 years ago '10        #45
Alixix 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,721 | Props total: 25 25
 Fras1788 said:
No, that's not what I mean fu*kstain.

I meant that time is whatever we perceive. If the planet moves slower our clocks don't automatically adjust and suddenly we live to 170 years old. Time is a really fu*ked up thing that WE created. We created every measure. MPH, KPH, Minutes, Inches, etc etc. we invented it. Our whole concept is based upon where we are in comparison with the sun. Do I think it's possible that something could "slow down time" or speed up time? Maybe..I'm a human being an I realize that we do not know everything, but apparently you think we do? Get off your high horse. There's so much to this universe we know nothing about. The brain can only compare things/objects/colors etc, when comparing them to other object/shapes/colors. We're not that smart. Learn psychology son.

We aren't sh*t in this Universe.
Current astrophysical observations suggest that we only understand what makes up about 4% of the universe, with the unknown 96% divided into two parts, dark energy and dark matter.
i believe one day we will figure out the rest of the 96% but it might take a while....
 5 years ago '05        #46
white-chocolate 124 heat pts124
space
space
$15,500 | Props total: 1358 1358

[pic - click to view]

06-21-2012, 11:22 PM         #47
Sniggit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 acclaimedknives said:
 5 years ago '07        #48
Mr. Moses 
space
space
$4,418 | Props total: 6 6
 Alixix said:
i believe one day we will figure out the rest of the 96% but it might take a while....

Naw, time'll be stopped long before that happens
 5 years ago '11        #49
TheOne87 9 heat pts
space
space
$753 | Props total: 38 38
 haterade2885 said:
thats not what they mean dude... come on seriously? you didnt think they meant that every clock would stop working did you?

[pic - click to view]

Fras1788 said:
No, that's not what I mean fu*kstain.

I meant that time is whatever we perceive. If the planet moves slower our clocks don't automatically adjust and suddenly we live to 170 years old. Time is a really fu*ked up thing that WE created. We created every measure. MPH, KPH, Minutes, Inches, etc etc. we invented it. Our whole concept is based upon where we are in comparison with the sun. Do I think it's possible that something could "slow down time" or speed up time? Maybe..I'm a human being an I realize that we do not know everything, but apparently you think we do? Get off your high horse. There's so much to this universe we know nothing about. The brain can only compare things/objects/colors etc, when comparing them to other object/shapes/colors. We're not that smart. Learn psychology son.

We aren't sh*t in this Universe.

The study of the brain is not psychology, it's a SCIENCE called Neurology.

Last edited by TheOne87; 06-22-2012 at 12:04 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #50
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,460 | Props total: 2650 2650
Time is a man made measurement to measure nothing that is only relative at a past position that you were...
 5 years ago '05        #51
C. Wat 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,976 | Props total: 1003 1003
in other words: "We (science) dont know...
 06-22-2012, 12:32 AM         #52
hollatchadude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JohnDoe said:
Ya because all of these theorys sound so much more plausible than my 40 virgins waiting for me in paradise.......
 06-22-2012, 06:32 AM         #53
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Fuhk all this sh*t. Just tell me if I'll ever be able to go back in time so I can prevent my brother H from getting k!lled.
 06-22-2012, 06:55 AM         #54
Twelve 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
First off they're saying the center of the universe...which is where? The center of everything is relative to stuff they can see so far or know exists. What they're saying make sense in theory...but they can't expect somebody to believe some n*ggas talking about the whole universe, when scientists can't even tell you what's going on in some of the deep parts of the ocean. And that sh*t's on Earth.
 5 years ago '11        #55
superdrunken 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,849 | Props total: 82 82
So many more dumbass bastards in this science thread than usual, love the guys posting their ignorant opinions about high level theoretical physics without proper spelling

Fact is we've yet to discover even a dark matter particle, let alone dark energy, so yes this theory absolutely has some merit.
 5 years ago '07        #56
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492 OP
space
space
$35,446 | Props total: 16193 16193
 Se7en said:
"predict" and "theory" Only two words I need to see to know I don't care.
then you don't care about half of science and physics
 06-22-2012, 10:25 AM         #57
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Honest to god this study isn't very interesting for the main reason it won't effect us today or in the distant future.

Sorry don't care
 5 years ago '09        #58
EnricoChiesa 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,418 | Props total: 762 762
 regulate said:
I read something about this a while ago. The theory basically states there's a universal force thats sort of the opposite of gravity and its actually stronger and more widespread than the force of gravity. This force is basically spreading the universe apart. And eventually everything will be pulled so far apart that even atoms can't exist because there will literally be too much space for any one particle/energy to be able to occupy. It's at this point that (i think) time will stop because there will be absolutely no reference point for it to starts/stop/continue/ be measured.

On a simple human level, its a pretty depressing theory, but on an occult level it kind of makes sense. Contraction - Expansion. Everything goes in cycles even the universe.
So it 'dissapates' so to speak?
 5 years ago '11        #59
GetuOne 73 heat pts73
space
space
$4,475 | Props total: 6 6
 Johnny Tapwater said:
so what happens to black people time?..
It will stop about 15-20 mins after white people time
 5 years ago '11        #60
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,756 | Props total: 4955 4955
imma smoke .. come back and read all this.... then it'll make sense
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
78 comments
1 day ago