Jun 21 - Scientists predict time will stop completely

most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
261 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #1
7455 pageviews
83 comments

Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,414 | Props total: 16125 16125
Jun 21 - Scientists predict time will stop completely

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

The theory of time running out was devised by researchers from two Spanish universities trying to explain why the universe appeared to be spreading continuously and accelerating.

Observations of supernovae, or exploding stars, found the movement of light indicated they were moving faster than those nearer to the centre of the universe.

But the scientists claimed the accepted theory of an opposite force to gravity, known as dark energy, was wrong, and said the reality was that the growth of the universe was slowing.

Professor Jose Senovilla, Marc Mars and Raul Vera from the University of the Basque Country and the University of Salamanca said the deceleration of time was so gradual, it was imperceptible to humans.

Their proposal, published in the journal Physical Review D, claimed dark energy does not exist and that time was winding down to the point when
The slowing down of time will eventually mean everything will appear to take place faster and faster until it eventually disappears.

Professor Senovilla told the New Scientist: "Then everything will be frozen, like a snapshot of one instant, for ever."

Gary Gibbons, a cosmologist the University of Cambridge, told the news website RT that the idea was not as absurd as it sounded.

"We believe that time emerged during the Big Bang and if time can emerge, may disappear as well as the opposite effect," he said.

[pic - click to view]

Not enough hours in the day? Scientists predict time will stop completely - Telegraph

83 comments for "Jun 21 - Scientists predict time will stop completely"

5 years ago '05        #2
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
Hmmm... This doesn't really make any sense too me...

Can anyone else get some more info on this?
 5 years ago '07        #3
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492 OP
space
space
think about implosion.. Im not sure time would stop forever.. my guess is it expands haults then reverse
 5 years ago '07        #4
space
space
or maybe take a spinning spoke for example.. as it speeds up the spokes appear to become one so to speak. or it looks like the spoke is set in one place and slowly moving forward..when it reaches a certain speed it will appear stationary
 5 years ago '07        #5
space
space
 Fras1788 said:
The measure of time was created by human beings. So really time will never stop as long as we have a clock to keep track of this "human made" measure.
true that.. but humming birds for example see us in slow motion due to their perception of time... haven't you ever perceived a day to feel longer than it really was.. there was a case of a man who had some kind of issue with his brain pardon me forget the specifics.. but he began to see time slow down.. and he realized it when he looked at his speedometer going like 60, but everything around him appeared to be moving really slow.. hell even we can notice that as we pass people walking.. their strides become slower than if you were walking next to them
 5 years ago '07        #6
space
space
 regulate said:
I read something about this a while ago. The theory basically states there's a universal force thats sort of the opposite of gravity and its actually stronger and more widespread than the force of gravity. This force is basically spreading the universe apart. And eventually everything will be pulled so far apart that even atoms can't exist because there will literally be too much space for any one particle/energy to be able to occupy. It's at this point that (i think) time will stop because there will be absolutely no reference point for it to starts/stop/continue/ be measured.

On a simple human level, its a pretty depressing theory, but on an occult level it kind of makes sense. Contraction - Expansion. Everything goes in cycles even the universe.
this is where the theory of dark energy comes into play
 5 years ago '04        #7
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,220 | Props total: 2219 2219
 Damagegadget said:
think about implosion.. Im not sure time would stop forever.. my guess is it expands haults then reverse
i was about to say that. It would make deja vu and other sh*t like reincarnation seem a lot more rational. I mean if the universe does this infinitely there is a chance every particle and every molecule will be in the exact same place at the exact same moment as it is right now.

regulate said:
I read something about this a while ago. The theory basically states there's a universal force thats sort of the opposite of gravity and its actually stronger and more widespread than the force of gravity. This force is basically spreading the universe apart. And eventually everything will be pulled so far apart that even atoms can't exist because there will literally be too much space for any one particle/energy to be able to occupy. It's at this point that (i think) time will stop because there will be absolutely no reference point for it to starts/stop/continue/ be measured.

On a simple human level, its a pretty depressing theory, but on an occult level it kind of makes sense. Contraction - Expansion. Everything goes in cycles even the universe.
That's a totally different theory.
 5 years ago '09        #8
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,679 | Props total: 13203 13203
so as the growth of the universe slows time will diminish? And we will perceive things moving at a high rate of speed until everything is frozen....
 5 years ago '07        #9
space
space
 Kontrast0 said:
so as the growth of the universe slows time will diminish? And we will perceive things moving at a high rate of speed until everything is frozen....
look at my post about the spokes on a car for example
 5 years ago '11        #10
TheOne87 9 heat pts
space
space
$753 | Props total: 38 38
Don't believe this one, If the Universe is vast and empty then it seems impossible for everything to just stop, Now the theory of dense dark matter pushing against the universe and it's planets eventually causing it to implode sounds more plausible to me.,
 5 years ago '07        #11
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
Ya because all of these theorys sound so much more plausible than my 40 virgins waiting for me in paradise.......
 5 years ago '10        #12
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,284 | Props total: 23790 23790
it is a simple idea.

as the universe expands. . .
 5 years ago '08        #13
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,872 | Props total: 723 723
that pic of the guy holding the clock sold this for me
 5 years ago '11        #14
TheOne87 9 heat pts
space
space
$753 | Props total: 38 38
 JohnDoe said:
Ya because all of these theorys sound so much more plausible than my 40 virgins waiting for me in paradise.......

what does Muslim religion have to do with scientific theory of expansion?
 5 years ago '10        #15
tallulahmademe 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,939 | Props total: 9211 9211
so what time all this suppose to happen???
 5 years ago '12        #16
shalven 17 heat pts17
space
space
$317 | Props total: 0 0
This is very interesting
 06-21-2012, 06:03 PM         #17
TIP2009 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Damagegadget said:
we call that the big bang theory, otherwise disproved by the chinese, germans and americans in the late 90's....our school's don't teach it for a simple reason...don't teach about gw bush, teach about obama...

aka don't teach about the man who found wmd in a country with another country's tags, writings on it (syria with iraqi writing...they speak different languages)...I mean, too much sh*t adds up....blind the regular people and laugh all the way to the bank controlling their lives...change sucks

aka don't teach that aids can be exchanged in saliva, tell people it's nearly impossible

aka don't tell people the first monkey is printing money to "stimulate" the economy, eventhough all it does in fact, is hurt the existing economy

add thing after thing...
 5 years ago '10        #18
Account001 
space
space
$3,341 | Props total: 179 179
See with science you have to ask yourself.... does this make sense before the explaination/theory, cause chances are if it doesn't its bullsh*t. This is bullsh*t ladies and gentlemen
 5 years ago '04        #19
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
 Fras1788 said:
The measure of time was created by human beings. So really time will never stop as long as we have a clock to keep track of this "human made" measure.

thats not what they mean dude... come on seriously? you didnt think they meant that every clock would stop working did you?

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #20
TattooedMPsz 50 heat pts50
space
space
$25,380 | Props total: 8057 8057
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
191 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
78 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kris Dunn Step Back Dagger
29 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
49 comments
22 hours ago